Ramada Limited Valdosta

#6 of 34 hotels in Valdosta
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
cheffrank's Profile Photo

Rude

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 4, 2008

If service and courtesy are important, then avoid this place.
I travel for work and stay in hotels 2-4 nights a week just about 40 weeks a year.
On Wednesday February 27th I was on my way from Atlanta to Clearwater, FL.
I knew that Sunday night on my way back I wanted to stop and would need a room at 2am. (also I am going to be in Valdosta, GA in about 3 weeks and would need a room for 4 nights) So as I was passing through Valdosta I stopped at the Ramada LTD and asked to see a room so I would know if it would be satisfactory.
The desk clerk named Ray said it was the hotels policy not to show rooms, but I could check-in and if in 10 minutes I was unhappy with the room I could check out with no charge. I started to explain that at 2 or 3am I did not want to be jumping from hotel to hotel (no hotel has ever refused my request to see a room, this was very strange). At which point he rudely said: “You are not listening to me, our policy is: you can check in and you have 10 minutes”. I said “No you are not listening I don’t want the room for today, and that I found the policy to be strange. Ray said “It has been our policy since 9/11, we had a bunch of Arabs coming around here”. I asked who the MOD was and he said it was him. I will never ever stay at this hotel. I went next door to the Guest Inn which willing showed me a room and I stayed there Sunday night and would recommend it for a basic hotel.

Valdosta Travel Forum

Need advice about Valdosta, Georgia? Visit the Travel Forum for Valdosta and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Valdosta hotel reviews