Keauhou Kona Surf And Racquet Club Resort

78-6800 Alii Drive, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, 96740, United States
Otel.com

More about Keauhou Kona Surf And Racquet Club Resort

Beautiful Townhouse on the Ocean

We have just returned from a week spent at keauhou Kona Surf and Racquet Club. We stayed in beautiful Townhouse #2. The location on the ocean could not have been better. The sound of the surf was great. It put us to sleep and woke us up each day. The townhouse was beautifully done, and totally furnished and equipped with almost anything you could need, from dishes, pots & pans & spices and oils in the kitchen to beach chairs,an umbrella and a grill on the Lanai. With 2 bedrooms it was very spacious and could have easily slept 6 people. The view of the sunset each day was magnificent, and there were always a few turtles to watch battle the surf. Everything was very convenient to the resort. Shopping for souveniers, a dip in the water at beautiful Magic Beach,or a meal at a number of restaurants including Jameson's By the Sea, Bubba Gumps are just a few of the things to be found within a 15 min drive from the resort.
I would definitely recommend this Townhouse to anyone planning a trip to the The Big Island.

Unit #178 - The best of the best!

Hawaii has always been a dream and staying in Unit 178 made it come true. It is right on and I mean right on the ocean! We loved the sound of the crashing waves that are so dramatic. it was like being on a boat, but safe and sound on land. The condo is just beautiful. It feels like you are in a designer home and everything is clean and inviting. The complex has a lovely pool and tennis courts and is really well located near shopping. We cooked some of time and ate on the patio which has offers really romantic sunsets. My husband and I fell in love all over again. We had a fantastic vacation and will be coming back soon. The price was right and the owners are super people. This place was great!!!! Five hundred stars!!

Perfect in every way!

by TripAdvisor Member Lenora_the_Explora

My family stayed in townhouse #2 for 10 nights in July. This place is beautiful and quiet, except for the continuous sound of thunderous crashing waves against the lava rock shoreline because this place is right on the ocean. The view is beautiful and we have many photos of great sunsets as we sat on the lanai and had dinner. The unit is well equipped with everything you need. The beds are extremely comfortable! The location is great: it's a quiet spot well off the road but still has grocery store, restaurants, post office, movie theatre, donut shop and snorkeling beach park within walking distance. I can not find anything negative to say about this townhouse.

This is the way to go!

by TripAdvisor Member tommyk1324

This two story townhouse was the way to stay while in Kona! The bedrooms are located upstairs, along with a full bathroom. The early risers can go downstairs & get ready in the lower level bathrom, or just ease into the day without disturbing the people who want to sleep in. Every kitchen item you will need is in the townhouse, including a small washer/dryer.

In my opinion, this beats staying at a hotel. We did see several sea turtles directly in front of our lanai & the waves are literally only steps away from your lanai.

Remember, the Big Island is not known for it's sandy beaches. This property has a great view of the ocean, but the beach is not good for swimming. Also, there is no A/C, so it was a little warm (in July) in the townhouse. This is no big deal, but you should know in the summer months during the day, the cross breeze does not cool down the townhouse enough. Yet- 90% of the time you'll be doing something during the day anyway.

Overall, I would highly recommend townhouse #2.

So beautiful!

by TripAdvisor Member Hu

From the moment I entered the Surf and Racquet Club, I loved the beauty that surrounded me...and when I opened the door to Townhouse #2, I was VERY Happy! The front room's sliding glass door views the beach and ocean and you can hear the ocean from inside. The townhouse is beautifully decorated with wonderful art and furniture. It was very clean and comfortable. There are two bedrooms upstairs. The master bedroom looks out at the ocean and the other bedroom has wonderful sounds of birds and views of trees. It is close to the golf course and you can walk from the townhouse to the golf course along the ocean. You can also walk along the beach to the Outrigger Hotel and the beach next to it, which is great for snorkeling. I would definitely stay here again! No complaints. Here is their website: ------------

Lots of burglaries. Townhouse small. Okay but not great place.

Stayed July 2005 in one of the townhouses. The townhouses have two upstairs bedrooms and a small living/dining room area. If you have 4 adults or 2 adults/2 older kids, the place is cramped. The unit we stayed in had such large furniture that the space was even tighter. The furniture was too big for such a small room. The townhouse unit we stayed in was an oceanfront unit. The only thing positive was the view and the sunset. The pool was always crowded because there is only ONE pool in the entire complex and the complex is huge. The newer (stucco) condos are on the south end and the older townhouses (wood) is on the north end.

During our stay, our unit was burglarized. Our unit was not the only unit that got "hit". There were several break-ins during our stay. SCARY...

If you plan to stay at this complex, I would recommend a unit on the second floor or above. These units would be the newer units that are in stucco. Atleast if you are on the second floor, it is a little harder for a burglar to get into.

Safe and spectacular!

A great spot! We loved it and I don't agree with a previous reviewer that the complex is unsafe...quite to the contrary. I have three kids and they always leave everything open. We went to the pool and even left the front door open and it was fine. This complex is right on the ocean with the beauty and majesty that only that offers. We enjoyed a two bedroon duplex that was larger than our home in the city. The weather was fantastic and the people we met were very nice. All in all I would say it was our best vacation in Hawaii and we have been to three islands. We are planning to go back next year. It is really fun and perfect for a family.

Nice place. Great view and sunset. Unit also got burglarized.

by TripAdvisor Member southpalm

In response to a reviewer from Milwaukee who said that he left his unit open while they were at the pool and everything was fine. You're lucky. We weren't so lucky. Our laptop got stolen at night while we were sleeping. I was told by a resident that the burglars come at night and not during the day.

As far as the unit, the unit is decent size and the view was spectacular. We ate dinner outside every evening. We stayed in a Townhouse unit which was owned by our friend. Like the other visitor who got burglarized stated, the townhouse unit are groundfloor units so it is easier to get in to. You may want to opt for a 2nd floor.

We would stay there again only because we stay at a friend's condo which they keep vacant. They use it 4 times a year. If we had to pay, we probably would stay elsewhere because of what happened to us.

loved it..

We stayed in Townhome/condo #2 it was great. We were there for two weeks and wish we could have stayed longer. The condo has everything you would need and is very comfortable. The bedrooms are nice. It was awesome to fall asleep to sound of the ocean and wake to it every morning. Our son's (15 & 18) liked to fish off the rocks, right there behind our place. The pool was nice and refreshing after a busy day. If you like to play tennis your at the right place. We hope everyone enjoys it as much as we did.
Thanks for everything

Exactly what we wanted/needed

My son and I spent 3 nights in an oceanfront townhouse and enjoyed it tremendously. The location was wonderful. We felt like we had our own beach. I particularly enjoyed sitting on the back patio for meals and evening relaxation. My 18 month old son enjoyed the shallow portion of the pool and the local walks. I can't wait to return.

Inside shot of restaurant (Aloha Salads)Inside shot of restaurant (Aloha Salads)

Aloha Salads's staff making my saladAloha Salads's staff making my salad

Great Food at Mexico Lindo (Kailau City - Oahu)Great Food at Mexico Lindo (Kailau City - Oahu)

Wood grain, future ukuleleWood grain, future ukulele

A place to stay in Kailua that Easy On The Pocketbook

by Seradoms

There have been some great tips and forums for the Waikiki area and Honolulu, but I am looking for a cheap place to stay with my boyfriend for 3-4 days in November right in Kailua. I would be happy with a double mattress on the floor of a hut, a tent site on a beach, or just good 'ol fashioned budget hotel/hostels.

Suggestions? :-)

by BlueCollar

Please, define "cheap".

by chrishawaii

Well for the kailua area there are no hotels on that side of the island, however there are many private rentals or I believe bed and breakfast on that side that you could rent.

Try www.vrbo.com and see if you can find anything there. I believe these people are all licensed. If doing a private rental be sure that the person you are renting from is licensed as it is illegal for them to rent to visitors without a license and hawaii getting their tax!

Good luck!

by micheleld

Best of luck. Kailua and cheap don't go together and I certainly haven't seen any "huts" there. It's very much been infiltrated with ....how do I say this.... more wealthy white people. Look to the north shore. There are some great dwon to earth hostels up there and even though it is the "high surf" season up there, you will probably find much more what you are looking for. No snorkeling this time of year but great to watch the surfers and there are great people and some protected spots to swim anyway. Otherwise settle for the hostels in Waikiki and take in the crazy party scene down here. Peace and quiet=north shore, with lots of flavor. Guaranteed calm beach = south shore but can be crazy city/ party scene. I will say the the VRBO website is a great suggestion. That is your best bet.

by Seradoms

haha, thanks for your help guys ... I have re-adjusted the travel plans :-) !

Comments