78-6842 Alii Drive, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, 96740, United States

Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• trip to kona

Kona, is a major tourist destination town on the Big Island of Hawaii. You can get in to the city by several means like car, bus, plane etc. Coffee plantations are the must see things. Sea Hawaii Rafting takes you closer to the Hawaiian coastline and marine life. Yoga Hale provides a calming environment and class structure that novices and yoga experts can enjoy. Kona Surf Adventures provides you a great learning experience of surfing. Snorkeling can be done at a local beach park called Kahaluu. Kahaluu also has a lovely little bar next to it when you're tired of drinking salt water. I am a habitual traveler thus I went to see kona. kona hotel deals are very much attractive, cheap and offer great discount rates. I stayed in one of these hotels. This hotel was too much comfortable to me that is difficult to explain!!! Actually they pampered me a lot. One will always want these types of hotel deals .

• goshawk301's Profile Photo

Kona Coast Resort

I stayed at this resort during my March 2005 visit to the Big Island. This condominium resort seems to consist mostly of timeshare units. My unit was a one-bedroom and was very spacious, clean and reasonably well kept up although it must have been one of the oldest units in the place. The kitchen was very well equipped with an oven, a microwave and a dishwasher; there was also an in-unit washer/dryer, which was very convenient.

For some reason, the in-room safe had been removed from the closet of the bedroom, and so I had to store my laptop every day during the day at the front. A minor inconvenience.

The swimming pool area of the resort was lovely! It was not quite large enough for serious exercising, but perfect for cooling down and relaxing, with a jacuzzi next to it and an activities hut where you can rent gear. There is a bar/restraurant adjacent to the pool but it closed at 8 p.m.

One of the best things about the resort was the view of the sea across a golf course. Every evening, we the guests would go down across the golf course (no doubt to the grief of the country club!) to the shore to watch the sunset; there is even a blowhole on the shore. I was able to see the Green Flash one evening.

The resort is very conveniently located across from the Keauhou Shopping Center, where you can buy your supplies, and is close to the Keauhou Bay.

• slabeaume's Profile Photo

Kona Coast Resort II

We happened upon an excellent rental rate from www.stromen.com for $700 for the week. A real bargain!

Unique Quality: It is located in a quiet part of town. Has 3 pools, workout facilities, on a golf course, great views, very well maintained.

More about Kona Coast Resort

Kona Coast Resort was a great honeymoon spot!

Our stay at the Kona Coast Resort was great. We booked #12304 through Bob and had excellent communication through the whole process. The condo was well stocked and centrally located. We had a one-bedroom unit and it had high vaulted celings, was very spacious and felt very comfortable. My wife and I highly recomend this resort and specifically dealing with this owner.

Alhoa Condos/Kona Coast Resort was Great

We stayed at the Kona Coast Resort for 9 days in August 2004. We booked it though Aloha Condos as it was a privately owned Condo. We stayed on the 3rd or top Floor and had a stunning view of the water and one of the beautiful pools as well. The rooms are really large and our condo was very well equipped. Being on the 3rd floor gave us a wonderful breeze also, which was great as the unit did not have air conditioning, but as it turned out, we never would have needed it. Again, it was a private unit but can only assume that they were all as nice. The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed walks on the golfcourse in the evenings. It was close to everything. Just the perfect place to call home when you are away from home!

The night we arrived in Kona...

by slabeaume

The night we arrived in Kona from the mainland, we stayed in the condo complex Kona Bali Kai. It was pretty nice.
REasonably priced at about $117/night. It did have a washer and drier as well as dishwasher (which was out of order in our condo). It wasn't nearly as nice as Kona Coast REsort, but nicer than just having a small hotel room.

Kona Coast Phase II--Pretty Nice

I spent 7 days at Kona Coast Resort Phase II, in June, 04 and we had an excellent time on the Big Island. At the resort, most of the staff we came in contact with were friendly and helpful. We had a two bedroom condo and the space was great. I thought the furniture was a bit dated. Unit was farily clean. Really liked the marble bathroom, but could not understand why such a nice bathroom would have a sink that was rusted and had obviously been repainted...the new paint was chipping and wasn't the same shade as the original paint. Same issues in the second bathroom. Grounds are beautifully landscaped and well maintained. BEWARE, gnats are horrible, they rushed in everytime the door opened!! We had to purchase bug spray for the unit to help control the gnats. Resort is conveniently located. My husband plays golf, and the country club was less than a mile away. In fact, our unit faced the golf course...how convenient. I loved the shops along Ali'i Drive. The Resort is listed as 5-star. I don't know what criteria is used to rate resorts. I've been to 5-star hotels and in comparison, this resort would be about a 4-star in my opinion. I would rate it as nice, but not excellent. Will definetly go back to Hawaii and will consider staying at Kona Coast Phase II, but won't consider phase I.

Quiet yet still close to Kailua

by Sublimity about Outrigger Kanaloa At Kona (78-261 Manukai St.)

Kona coast at its best here. Tropical setting and large condos. Make sure to get ocean front, especailly along the little bay to the south. Outrigger prices a bit high for what you get They have lovely condos on lovely grounds. 3 swimming pools and great golf course nearby. Lots of ocean front units, and if you can get on the side where the little bay is the views are even nicer. Gated entrance with 24hr attendant. Close to Keauhou shopping center for groceries at KTA and Longs Drugs store. A few restuarants too.

Keauhou Gardens 12304

Our family owns timeshare weeks at the Kona Coast Resort in both Phase 1 and Phase 2. We have been staying at the KCR every year since 1992. We bought at KCR after visiting the Kona area every year starting in 1974.

This year we stayed there the week of July 3-10. We usually have family or friends with us and use a 3 bedroom and a 2 bedroom unit. This year we had a few extra guests and needed another unit. We let the kids, nieces and nephews stay in the timeshare while we rented a privately owned 1 bedroom unit, 12304 in Phase 1, from Bob and Cherie through Aloha Condos.

The unit was in excellent condition in every way. It was very peaceful. It is close to a pool and hot tub but away from volleyball courts, playground etc. It has a wonderful view as it is at the top of the resort. The price was very competitive and cheaper than going through KCR with an owner's discount.

If you are interesting in staying in Kona this is one of the best values in the area.

Won't go back

by TripAdvisor Member frenchy51

We just returned from a visit at the Kona Coast Resort, and although we had a great time on the island, we would not stay at this resort again. We exchanged through Interval International and were assigned to a unit in Phase 1. Our unit smelled strongly of mildew and was dark. We were given a handout warning that August was a bad time for bugs-- it specifically mentioned gnats. We did not notice gnats, but did see huge cockroaches on our doorstep, as did our traveling companions who had a second level unit in Phase 1. Unlike the pictures online, we had a view of the parking lot. Our friends attended the timeshare pitch and when they told the salesman where they were staying, they were told "Oh, you're up there with the Interval exchanges." It seems as though they put all the Interval exchanges in Phase 1. They were given a tour of units in Phase 2 which were newer and more nicely decorated. Perhaps this place is okay to stay if you're an owner or a Shell exchange, but I'd stay away from it if you're doing an Interval exchange.

Kona CoastKona Coast

The Kona CoastThe Kona Coast

South Kona coastSouth Kona coast

Kona Coast SunsetKona Coast Sunset

Kona Coast - new restaurants?

by yooperprof

Aloha. I'm coming to the Kona Coast at the end of the month on holiday. Are there any recently opened restaurants that you recommend? I'm open to any suggestions, from drive-ins to high-end. Thanks!

RE: Kona Coast - new restaurants?

by patrick808

The Beach Grill was renovated by new owners. Opened in March 2005 by resort Chefs.

You can still get a burger during lunch for $9. But, steaks top the dinner menu at $28.
Appetizer portions are smaller. Foie Gras with port wine sauce, rhubarb chutney and a piece of Melba toast runs $13. Desserts are probably the best deal. Roasted Mango and Apple Sturdel with ginger carmel swirl ice cream is $8.

Since you are specifically looking for new restaurants, I will assumbe you are a frequent visitor. But, if you have never been to the Beach Grill, it is located just past the Kings Shops on your way into the resort.

RE: Kona Coast - new restaurants?

by yooperprof

Actually it will be my first time on the island. I'm just interested in places that are too new to have been included in any of the standard guidebooks.

Beach Grill clarifications

by patrick808

"Appetizer portions are smaller." means smaller than other appetizers not just smaller than dinner.

"the Beach Grill, it is located just past the Kings Shops on your way into the [Waikoloa] resort."

Comments