77-6452 Alii Dr., Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, 96740, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• trvlrtom's Profile Photo

Great Oceanfront Condos

Kona Magic Sands is about as close to the ocean as you can get. These are studio condos, with a kitchen, bathroom and bedroom/living room. All rooms face directly to the ocean; you will see and definately hear it without obstruction.

We were in room 202, which was absolutely beautiful. It has been recently remodeled, with granite countertop in the kitchen and bathroom, new appliances and furniture. This unit, and those numbered 201-204 and 301-304, have a spacious lanai that adds wonderful living space to the condo. The rest of the units don't have the large lanai. Without hesitation I would recommend unit 202, but I can't speak for the others. I doubt you would find a better deal in Kona, if what you are looking for is a small, oceanfront condo.

Unique Quality: This is a great location. Just know that these are small units. We were very comfortable as a couple, but more than two people would be crowded.

Directions: South of the town center

On the first floor of the building is a very good restaurant: Jamison's by the Sea. One of the best on the island.

More about Kona Magic Sands

Kailua-Kona Tip

by meier26

I have lived in Kailua-Kona 2 winters. The best was waking in the morning, riding to the Magic Sands or airport beach and sleeping & swimming all day, then going home & getting ready for work; going to work before 4:15 pm(or else you get rained on gauranteed!), and working at the fabulously ***'n Kona Inn Restaurant for about six hours(making usually around $150-200 in tips), and then going home to bed so I could do it all again!

Boogie boarding at Magic Sands BeachBoogie boarding at Magic Sands Beach

Please help me find a vacation rental

by snwboardy2k

I've been trying to find a vacation rental to rent in hawaii and haven't found any good deals. I've found the site http://www.fastvacationrentals.com and it had some vacation rentals but not one that was right for me. I want a nice ocean front place. Can anyone help me find one?

Thanks

by joiwatani

Try the www.discounthotelshawaii.com

I have their brochure that I picked up from the Aloha Airport two weeks ago. It says in their brochure that they give at least 70% discount on hotels and condominiums. You can also call them at 1-800 946-1216 or 808-394-2112.

Happy and safe travels!

by Summer33

Try Vrbo.com

by kathymof

Agree with Summer - www.vrbo.com has tons of stuff

by keida84

Aloha, I used: http://www.homeaway.com and just returned from an excellent stay in Kaanapalii, Maui 3 bedroom 2 and 1/2 bathroom. Very reasonable rates.

Good luck

by BlueCollar

I like www.vrbo.com, too. I also like www.alternative-hawaii.com because it has links to companies who have many different properties. Just drill down in the accommodations section and select the part of the island in which you want to stay. You'll find many choices.

by trvlrtom

This might be too late for you now, but we enjoyed our oceanfront stay at Kona Magic Sands. www.konahawaii.com
I've got some info on it in my Kalua-Kona page tip if you're interested.

by Robachu1

Should have read this message thread before I asked the same question. Thanks for all the info.

Comments