Grand Wailea The Waldorf Astoria Collection

3850 Wailea Alanui Dr, (formerly Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa), Wailea, Maui, HI 96753

Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• zizland's Profile Photo

A valid excuse for the neutron bomb...

In my experience, luxury hotels have two things in common - beautiful accommodations and facilities and excellent service. This hotel is certainly lovely to look at, but interaction with the staff is a hit or miss experience. We stayed at the private villas - Ho'olei - and I would not recommend the facility. While the units are spacious, well appointed and lovely, the service is horrendous. In fact, I doubt that any of the service staff has actually stayed at a luxury resort - the entire experience felt like a high school production. For the price you pay, you can certainly do better.

Unique Quality: The villa units are very large - the unit we stayed in was 3 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths and at least 3200 square feet. The kitchen was well laid out and appointed. There was a huge grill on the balcony that we used every night. The furniture in the unit was nothing special.

Directions: Wailea area of island

• cyboura's Profile Photo

Amazing Resort

Beautiful very big Rooms, amazing service, a lot of stores, mall nearby, A bit expensive but worth it. I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

More about Grand Wailea The Waldorf Astoria Collection

Grand Wailea Resort and Spa

by NancyLPotter about Grand Wailea Resort and Spa

Very expensive (I didn't stay there), but visited twice - day and night. Fun pools with waterslides, rope swings, waterfalls, sauna and jacuzzi (lots of kids). Hotel atmosphere very posh and beautiful. Nightclub and shopping good too.

My favorite area in Maui is...

by svillegirl

My favorite area in Maui is the Wailea area. They have the best resorts there.

1. Four Seasons
2. Grand Wailea
3. Hyatt Regency
4. Kea Lani

This picture is in Hana.

In Kauai we stayed at the...

by elmyra99

In Kauai we stayed at the Coconut Beach Resort. It wasn't very fancy - more spring break like - a little rundown, however very affordable - $70/night off the internet.

In Maui we stayed at the Grand Wailea Resort and Spa, the grounds were beautiful and the room was fabulous - the bathroom was huge! However, the staff wasn't very friendly and I know this sounds strange, but the maid carts rolling past our room on the tile sounded like a locomotive was passing each morning around 8:00 a.m. and kept waking us up. Not sure if I would stay there again.
One night stay at Coconut Beach was $70. The Grand Wailea was an incentive trip, so not sure. However, I know it was top of the line. Coconut Beach is on the beach, however you can't really swim there.

Grand Wailea has beautiful grounds and the beach is nice.

Maui's best south island resort

by TheTravelSlut about Grand Wailea Resort & Spa

First, I would recommend this resort-spa to anyone that spends time at comparable resorts such as the Ritz Carlton.

From the time you arrive at valet parking, you are treated as a valued guest.

The staff is pleasant but remember, "island time" is different than mainland time.

My room was more than adequate for my needs and the service impeccable.

The food was outstanding, although a bit pricey, but then again, most food on Maui is pricey.

If you want to pampered, this is the place to come. If you want solitude, this also is the place to come.

If you want to bring the family, there seems to be adequate activities and you can always find a nice quiet area for small groups or intimate settings. I found the resort unusually quiet. It may be attributed to the spacious grounds, the use of foliage and landscaping, or the people.
The views of either the gardens or beach are simply amazing.
I enjoyed reading in the lobby too of all places.
There is artwork everywhere.
I also enjoyed their nearly 1/2 mile long "river" pool and waterslides.
Although I did not golf, their golf course is famous.
The shops are all high end and the grocery store on site is a nice touch.
At night, sampling the Asian fusion cuisine at the lagoon restaurant, you would think you were in Tahiti.
The spa speaks for itself.

Best Trip Ever!!

My famly recently stayed at the Grand Wailea and had a dream vacation on Maui. We booked our trip through greathawaiivacations.com and saved money on top of it and had excellent service from this company. The Grand Wailea is located in the center of Wailea on a wonderful Beach. They have spacious deluxe rooms that were very beautifully decorated and my kids really enjoyed the swimming pools. Anybody wanting an terrific vacation should consider this resort...you won't be disappointed.

Grand Spa Rip-Off!

I am a resident of Kihei who recently visited the Spa at the Grand Wailea as a birthday present from my husband. While I agree with most of the assessments that the hotel and grounds are beautiful, I also agree that the staff, service and upkeep of the hotel in general is significantly lacking.I found the Terme Hydrotherapy area to be dirty and poorly maintained, with missing tile and grout in every pool, dirty water and mold in conspicuous places; certainly not what I expected from such and expensive and highly acclaimed spa.Determined to enjoy my experience, I decided to overlook these unpleasant details and relax. About 20 minutes after arriving (5 minutes into my actual appointment), the power went out. No bubbles, no waterfall shower, no sauna, no steam room just lots and lots of hot water getting colder by the minute. Thank god that the majority of the terme area is lit by daylight or it could have been a much more unpleasant experience. The staff did not immediately realize the situation and once they finally did notice they seemed confused and unsure what to do. Logic, good business sense and just plain common sense should have told them that the best course of action would be to apologize for the inconvenience, and reschedule the appointments. There must be something in that water, because this didnt happen. The staff continued to act as if everything was fine, like a bunch of blind moles milling around in familiar tunnels. I spent the next 40 minutes stewing in the ever cooler water until it was time for my massage. It became apparent that there was no manager present in the spa and the employees were lost without one.After returning from my massage I found the spa deserted, with only a few employees ushering the remaining customers out. I was told that the rest of my package had been canceled, that I did not need to sign anything as I would not be charged for my visit, and could reschedule the appointment if I so desired. A full month later, my husband was charged $151 by the Grand Wailea. After several phone calls to them he was finally told that the charge was for the massage I received during my visit, even though I was told that I would not be charged because it was part of a package that could not be provided due to the power outage. Needless to say, the charge was disputed and in the end the Grand Wailea did not have a leg to stand on without a signature authorizing the charge.It is now abundantly clear to me that the Grand Wailea is nothing more than a tourist trap. It will not receive any future business from me, nor will I allow anyone I know to be taken by them.

Beautiful, peaceful and so much fun - off-season!

Grand Wailea is a gorgoues hotel - for kids and adults. The lobby, the shops, the restaurants, the pools - they all add the Maui expereince.
Keep in mind, we were there in September, off seaon, so there were no crowds. Kids Camp is fantastic - bubbly staff, lots of activites, my kids begged to go to camp. Humuhu restaurant is a must, put the kids in camp and enjoy a sunset dinner, delicious. Spa is a little pricey, nothing out of the oridanary there. I did feel bad for the honeymooners, it wasn't as quiet and secluded as they would like I am sure. All in all, we will return to Grand Wailea with the kids, but if it was just adults we would probably pick four seasons next door.

Great during Off Season

by TripAdvisor Member killian02

Just returned from wonderful vacation at Grand Wailea. I've heard much discussion about the amount of kids there - and I can now see that the place could certinly be overrun with children during school breaks and holidays. I think it is a great place for kids anytime. However, if you're looking for a romantic retreat away from kids, you may want to consider the Four Seasons next door.

The Grand Wailea overview photoThe Grand Wailea overview photo

One of the many fountains of the Grand WaileaOne of the many fountains of the Grand Wailea

The grounds @ the Grand Wailea resort in MauiThe grounds @ the Grand Wailea resort in Maui

Hi
My fiance and I are going to Hawaii at the end of january and we want something romantic and pretty, right on the beach, excellent service, and most important not too crowded. We have never been in Hawaii so we thought to spend our first vacation there on Oahu, however considering our criterias it may not be the best option. Also which part of Hawaii will have the warmest water and least chance of rains at the end of January- beginning of February?

Thank You Very Much!

by RicardoBA

Grand Wailea Resort, Maui Check it out. It's beautiful!!

RE: RE: Romantic Vacation in Jan/Feb: Hotel with top service, not crowded, Warm Water and No Rains

by Hopkid

Princeville Hotel, Kauai

www.princeville.com

RE: RE: RE: Romantic Vacation in Jan/Feb: Hotel with top service, not crowded, Warm Water and No Rai

by Jamesr3939

All are great ideas and there are no down sides. However, Kaui is the wettest island and if you don't want rain I would avoid it.

The Waikaia Parc on Oahu is a great hotel, not on the beach but less that a 100 feet. Get a oceanview above the 10th floor for a great view and they include breakfast. You will not need a rental car for every day so just get one when you want and have it brought to the hotel or walk the 1-2 blocks and pick it up, and save the money to send other places.

by funzsolo

i would say the grand wailea on maui for weather kauai is the most romantic but you are going to get rained on everyday and maybe all day every day in january

aloha

by micheleld

No rain in Jan for the whole vacation.....not too likely. However, do make sure you pick the dry side of whichever island.

Comments