3700 Wailea Alanui Drive, Wailea, Hawaii, 96753, United States
Marriott.com Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa

Wailea Marriott- as good as advertised

My fiance and I stayed at the Wailea Marriott from January 16 to the 23rd, 2004 and were very impressed. The open air lobby lets you know on arrival that you are in paradise. We had an oceanfront room with breath-taking views of Wailea Beach. Our package included the breakfast buffet every morning at their signature restuarant, Hula Moons, and is well worth paying for upfront at about one hailf of the $20 price you would pay daily.

Overall, Wailea has some great dining at the other hotels and at the Shops of Wailea (Nick's Fish Market at the Kea Lani is Great), but it is expensive. You will find a lot of other options up the road in Kihie or Maalea.

We drove to the other resort areas of Kapalua and Kaanapali and liked them as well as Wailea, but we felt that Wailea was the most upscale.
The Four Seasons, Grand Wailea and Kea Lani are all awe inspiring resorts, but at over $500 for ocean views per night, we felt like we got the best deal at the beautiful Wailea Marriott.

We travel a lot and found the people of Maui, and especially the Marriott, to be the the genuinely nicest we've ever encountered. We would return again and would stay at the Marriott without question.

Wailea Marriott- A Good Value for Wailea

We just returned from a one week stay at the Wailea Marriott and were quite impressed. We had a nice oceanfront room with a lanai that was great for watching whales from. The little extra gifts from the Manager were a nice unexpected treat ( a bottle of champagne one day, a fruit plate another). Free parking was a big bonus for us as well. Eating at the hotel was expensive but no more so than other resorts on the island. However we did enjoy some poolside cocktails aside from our free daily buffet breakfasts. Kihei which is a short drive from Wailea offered other dining choices that were more affordable. Overall the grounds at this resort were beautiful with lots of flowers. Nearby construction was noisy but thankfully our room was far enough away that we were not affected too badly. We never seemed to have trouble finding lounges by the poolside. The downside is that you have to walk about five minutes from the resort for access to the beach. The room decor was pleasant in a soft shade of green. The tub/shower did not drain well but we never complained. I am sure that are concerns would have been addressed. The front desk staff are very friendly and always willing to help. During our stay there were many small children and we noticed that the Hula Moons staff go out of their way to make the children feel important. If I return to Maui again I think that I would choose to stay at the Wailea Marriott. It was not a far drive from the airport-15 minutes give or take depending on the traffic.

A great location

The Wailea Marriott, as it is now known, is quite simply a great deal for the money.

It's not as luxurious as some of the larger hotels on Wailea Beach, by any means. In fact, the rooms are pretty spartan. But it has one of the most beautiful locations in the area, on a point right between two nice mellow beaches, and the oceanfront rooms are closer to the water than any others in the area. It's a clean, well-run place with friendly staff. It doesn't have a superpool, but it has a decent pool with moderately priced bar service.

If you don't expect the Four Seasons--and you shouldn't, because you are not paying Four Seasons money--you should enjoy this place.
Besides, the Four Seasons is right down the street, so you can still go to their restaurants if you like!

Good value and beautiful views

My husband and I stayed at the Wailea Marriott from Feb. 15-20, 2004, and had a great time. The hotel grounds are very well kept, the views mazing, and the staff friendly and helpful (especially the concierge).
The rooms were typical hotel rooms... neat and clean but nothing fancy.
Overall, we were impressed with the hotel and its services. However, it is a hike to the towns of Lahina and above, which can be a pain at times. There is less to do in the Wailea area than others, as it is more of an exclusive resort community. Also, the hotel's laundry facilities were below par... only a few of them and not very new-looking. Overall, however, the hotel is a great bargain and the amenities were impressive.

You've got to read this!

THIS PLACE ROCKED!!!! I had been reading reviews from just about every site I could find. I have NO idea why anyone would say anything BUT positive about the Wailea Marriott. It was even better than I thought it would be. The minute I drove up and saw the open air lobby, I knew I was going to have a great time. Everyone from the front desk staff,(which by the way, I was helped once by the actual manager himself) to the ladies in the spa, to the restaurant staff were awesome. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained, the pics don't do this place justice. Everything is so laid back, and relaxing.The food was great. Our room had a view to die for, ask for the 3300 wing.
We were upgraded to an ocean front room. Ask, if they have them availableb they might just do it for free. The Hula Moon served wonderful food, and if you are celebrating a birthday, as I was, let the wait staff know, you will be gifted with a extrodinary surprise.
BOTTOM line, if you want to spend more money then go to the neighboring resorts. We paid 213.00/night with an entertainment card, half off the reg price. I am a really, really picky gal. I will recommend this to everyone, and I will definetly be returning. Have a great time there!!!

Great experience!

My husband and I just returned from a seven night stay at the Wailea Marriott via Priceline. For $130 a night, we were upgraded to an ocean view junior suite (might have had to do with my status with Marriott points) which was great. We loved the location and found the hotel to be in pretty good shape overall. Everything was very clean, the service was good and things were just a little worn (e.g., small stain on carpet, slightly peeling paint on bathroom ceiling). We used the fridge in our room to store breakfast food, drinks and snacks to cut down on food costs and were given a little gift from management every few days, including a fruit plate and a large gift basket when we arrived. The walk to the beach is only five minutes and although this hotel does not compare to the luxury of its neighbors, I will take the lovely grounds, location and friendly staff for this price any day!

Nice place for families

by TripAdvisor Member lovetodive08

We stayed at the Marriott Wailea for 8 days in early January, 04.
Overall, we had a very nice stay. There was a group of 11 of us, so we had multiple rooms. Prior to arriving, we requested a bunch of criteria for our rooms...ground floor, close to the pool, all 5 rooms close to each other, etc. Our reservations were booked as Garden rooms, but upon arrival, not only did we get everything we asked for, but we were upgraded to Oceanfront rooms without even asking. (Our rooms were between 4400 and 4420 - which we thought was the best location at the resort) Each of lour lanii's walked out to a large grassy area, with the ocean about 300 yards away. The path along the ocean was far enough away that we didn't have people constantly walking right by our room, so it was nice and private...and the rooms were located pretty much right inbetween the larger adult pool area and the smaller water park pool area. Overall, we thought the resort was well maintained, especially the common areas. The resort staff was very helpful and friendly for the most part (a few of the younger guys working at the pool were a bit uninterested in service), and the food at the restaurants was quite good. We did have a few things we thought needed to be improved if Marriott is going to continue to manage this propertly as a level 5 resort. First the pools. They are old and boring, and were not heated. They have enough room at the propertly to do a really great remodel if they choose. The kids waterslide park/pool was pretty cool, but the area surrounding it could use a little overhaul as well. They also need some market umbrellas by the pools for shade. Our second complaint would be the beds in the room. They were uncomfortable. Those who are used to staying at the Marriott know that they typically have very comfortable beds, but not here. Overall, however, we were very happy with our stay, and I would visit the resort again, though I prefer the Marriott Ocean Club more. One thing to note: this resort is apparently up for sale by the Outrigger. Marriott does not actually own the property...so it remains to be seen what will come of it.

A Great Hotel

After reading some of the reviews on here, I was a little skeptical about staying at the Wailea Marriot. I thought it was great! We stayed from 12/29/03-1/1/03. It was situated on a really beautiful section of beach with great ocean views and nice grounds. You have to walk a little bit to get from the hotel to the beach - but it wasn't bad as some have said. The beach was somewhat small, although it was never crowded with people when I was there. Also, the hotel does not have chairs/umbrellas on the beach, which may be a downside for some. There are also plenty of pools with lounge chairs. I don't have kids - but they had a nice pool for kids with all kinds of fun slides, etc.

We got upgraded to an oceanfront suite - so needless to say our room was well appointed! The hotel seemed clean and was attractive throughout. The staff was really helpful, too. We had a clogged drain in our tub and they sent someone up right away to fix it.

They give nice extras like postcards that they'll mail for free and a lei upon arrival. Parking was free and valet parking was available for a fee. (I also stayed in Kauai and Oahu on this trip and parking was not free at either of those hotels).

They also had free entertainment poolside every night, which was also a nice extra.

I also thought that the food at the hotel was good compared to others I've stayed at. It was expensive, but high quality. The $20 brunch buffet each morning was especially good, although there was always a short wait to be seated at peak times.

The only thing about Wailea in general is that it is a resort community and I felt it was a little difficult to explore the island (took a long time to get elsewhere) - I kind of felt trapped, especially for meals and going out at night, in the expensive Wailea area. If I went back to Maui - I might not stay in Wailea unless I just planned to hang out on the beach and shop.

However, if I did go back to Wailea, I'd stay at the Marriot its a good hotel and a good value.

Good place for us

We stayed in the Marriott from November 9th thru the 17th and had a great time. The staff was very polite, especially the poolside bar staff. Our only complaint was after being there 5 days, we walked into our room in the evening of the 6th and it smelled as though the maid had chain smoked in our room that day. We inquired at the front desk and were offered a new room (which we declined). The marriott needs to either switch to a total non-smoking policy in certain wings, or install seperate ac for the smoking vs nonsmoking rooms. There are certainly nicer hotels in the Wailea area, the Grand Wailea and Four seasons being the two which come to mind, but since we don't spend much time in the hotel proper; we're out doing stuff, it suits our lifestyle nicely. We had no problem with ants/bugs or cleanliness and will definately stay here again on our next visit to Maui.

Wouldn't hurry back!

Having read previous reviews of this hotel, my husband and I had high hopes when we stayed here at the beginning of January for our wedding anniversary. However, the room we were given overlooked ongoing building work which started at 7.30am every morning! Add to that an extremely noisy air conditioning system and it wasn't exactly the peaceful vacation we had in mind! When informed the attitude of the hotel staff was less than helpful and although we thought the Hula Moons restaurant was OK, we won't be back again in a hurry!

Comments