5520 Kahaku Road, Princeville, Hawaii, 96722, United States
Booking.com Expedia.com StRegis.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about St. Regis Princeville Resort

I stayed at the Princeville...

by Kodi01

I stayed at the Princeville Resort renting a private condo from a friend of a friend..........it is next to Hanalei Bay..

<font color=green?PUFF THE MAGIC DRAGON WHO LIVED BY THE SEA AND FROLICKED IN THE AUTUMN MIST IN A LAND OF HALALEI????

Did I get that right? Been a long time, but Princeville is where Puff has been frolicking!

I have been to this 'Garden Isle' several times and stayed at the Kauai Cocounut Resort also...(not a favorite of mine)
Cheap compared to what they rent them for....... $$250.00 per nite.

Paradise and Pure Luxery

by ukmagicman about Princeville Resort

Wow, this place is heaven. After valet parking your car, the walk into a huge, amazing reception area with statues, statley furniture and a large water fountain which really set the mood for the stay.

The room was amazing with spectacular views of the mountains and sea. The room itself was the most relaxing and well furnished room I have stayed in. The room had so many amazing touches - each room features custom-designed furnishings, original artwork, lavish bathrooms with oversized tubs, plus a unique "magic" window that brings the outdoors in, then switches to opaque, for privacy.. as well as a CD layer, mist spray and much more. The rooms were amazing with spectacular views and the hotel pool was fantastic.

The service was also fantastic - laying on the beach, hotel staff regularly brought us glasses of ice water and cold towels.

Princeville Resort: a very nice place to stay in Kauai BUT...

I got back on July 3rd from Kauai..just so you know, I arrived in Maui on June 18th, stayed at the Renaissance from June 18-23, the Four Seasons Wailea from June 23-26 and then the Princeville Resort from June 26-July3rd. The trip was absolutely lovely.I got married in Maui on the 24th of June by the way at the Four Seasons..Kauai was our "honeymoon" and we stayed at Princeville during our whole stay in Kauai.

Before you read my comments, please understand that when I arrived at the Princeville I was coming from the Four Seasons Wailea which is the nicest resort I have ever stayed in. My husband and I feel that coming from the Four Seasons, our perception of the Princeville was slightly "tainted."

The Princeville is a beautiful resort, very dramatic when you pull up to it for the first time. The lobby is very "grand"...full of marble, expensive furniture, elaborate decorations, flowers, etc. Very impressive. The view from the lobby is breathtaking, just like everyone says. And, just like everyone says, it is not a "typical" Hawaiian style hotel. Instead of understated Hawaiian elegance, it was more like "Look at me, I'm Vegas!" style. However, I liked it. It was kind of wierd to be in that type of atmosphere while surrounded by the lush, quiet gardens of Kauai. They kind of contradicted each other in a nice way...maybe that was the intention. It did not bother me like some other reviews I have read (although I did prefer the decor of the Four Seasons and Fairmont kea Lani in Maui). I guess I could compare Princeville to the Grand Wailea in Maui although I think Princeville is more Vegas than the GW. And when I say Vegas, I don't mean tacky Vegas, I mean Venetian Vegas...very beautiful but in your face dramatic!

We checked into a partial ocean view room that we booked directly from their website. With my Starwood membership, we did receive a rather significant discount, more so than we could find anywhere else. Although we were honeymooning, they were full and could not upgrade us (I hear when they are not full, they typically upgrade honeymooners and anniversary people..just fyi).

Our room was very pretty, with a full on view of Hanalei Bay and the mountains...we had big sliding picture type windows with screens, which you could slide open whenever you wanted to feel cool breezes and/or listen to the birds. The bathroom was quite large (HUGE bathtub..very nice), all in black and I think green? marble. Not a bad sized room and we loved the control panel for the AC/lights/Do not Disturb sign by our bed.

Let me back up, once we arrived our room was not ready so we went down to the pool/bar area. Very pretty...the pool was actually not as "grand" in comparison to the dramatic lobby. It is a nice, infinity style pool, but coming from the resorts in Maui, I was not very impressed with the pool furniture and overall environment of the pool. We went to the poolside bar and I have to admit, I was a little taken back. The counter was sticky all over and there were flies everywhere. I did not feel that the pool bar was maintained in the manner that a five star hotel pool bar should be maintained. Another negative, when I asked for a towel, they were out and did not offer to get me one from where ever you get towels. The person told me: "you should have brought one from your room." I was turned off to say the least.

Other issues: One night we came home after a long hard hike and we realized we left the Do no Disturb sign on all day so the maids did not come. We desperately wanted to take a shower but had no towels..so we call housekeeping. We get the towels 40 minutes later after four follow up calls from my sweaty, angry husband. There is no excuse for that considering the money you are paying for this hotel.

There was a package of USED condoms in our bedroom drawer. Yes, used.

The showers and wash off areas that are typically by the beach were rather inconvenient, so I noticed many of the guests got in the hot tub and pool without rinsing off sand. The showers were in such a wierd area, I don't blame them but it was kind of gross. Most places have the showers right when you walk off the beach.

One last gripe: As a wedding gift, some of our friends bought us some oceanside massages (paid for massages, tax and tip). When the Princeville received the purchase, they called us and said "the concierge would like to talk to you about a gift certificate" (they left it on voice mail). Well, we did not respond because like most people, we thought it was some type of cheesy presentation or gift shop thing that we had no interest in. They never said that we had a gift from our friends waiting for us downstairs. Then they never called back. Needless to say, my husband has good instincts and one day while downstairs he went by just to make sure and low and behold, here was our present. However, by then, all the oceanside massages were booked. We had to use them at the "spa" which is located at the Golf Course" but we could not use our gift certificates at the "spa"! So, it was just a big mess and I do have to add...that spa is basically the country club for Princeville residents. Beautiful if it was my local gym...quite shabby to be the "spa" at a five star hotel. It was basically a locker room with ameneties.

Now the positives: the staff was very friendly, great drinks, a waiter comes by with cold pineapple when you are out at the pool, the beach is great and looks great for snorkeling (we were never around enough to try it), the hotel is is in GREAT location..North Shore is my favorite area in Kauai, even with the rain issue...and the cute little town of Hanalei melted my heart. I loved it and all the little restaurants/stores.
We loved the Living Room and enjoyed our complimentary bottle of champagne and sushi (ask for Sonny..he is such a charming guy if you feel like talking to someone).
Also, the breakfast/dining area is gorgous and the breakfast buffet is pretty tasty.

I hope I don't scare anyone with all the negatives...there are many positives about the Princeville. However, coming from the Four Seasons (which by the way, rack rates for a mountainside room at the FS are cheaper than rack rates for the Princeville!) I expected much more since I was paying actually MORE for my stay at Princeville. It is just not in the same league as the FS or Fairmont. If you are looking for a luxurious place to stay, I probably would still go for the Princeville since there are not a lot of high end options in Kauai (you might want to check out the hyatt...but I preferred North Shore over the Poipu area). But, my husband and I do not plan to stay there again. We would rather spend our money in Maui at the Four Seasons and do a condo in Kauai.

Since we typically do not stay in $455 a night rooms (our room was actually $600 a night but it came out to $455 with my Starwood discount) we have pretty high expectations when we do pay those kind of prices. The Four Seasons exceeded our expectations while the Princeville fell short.

One last thing, we did have some friends who stayed at the Princeville last November in a junior suite...and they loved it. Perhaps if you are staying in a suite you might get a different experience. I am trying to be positive!

Kauai Golf

by venteeocho

The island of Kauai is home to some of the finest golf in the world. With more than 153 holes of golf among eight courses, Kauai boasts three of the top five golf courses in the State of Hawaii. A golfer visiting Kauai can tee off on four courses designed by Robert Trent Jones, Jr., and two courses designed by Jack Nicklaus.

When you think about golf on Kauai, naturally you immediately call to mind three celebrated resorts: Poipu Bay, Kauai Lagoons and Princeville. But the story only begins there. Kauai's also home to one of America's finest public golf courses.

Wailua Municipal Golf Course is a par-72 layout that plays to 7,020 yards. The front side begins with two holes bordering the ocean and is primarily flat with few other water hazards. Wailua, which hosted the 1996 USGA Public Links Championship, also possesses one of the most picturesque par 3s in the nation.
Be sure to inquire about the Kauai Golf Challenge, a unique promotion that allows visitors to experience one round each at the island's best golf resorts for one special price. Involved in this challenge are the Kauai Lagoons, the Poipu Bay Golf course and the Princeville Resort.
Kiele is ranked among GOLF DIGEST's 100 Greatest Golf Courses. Its sister Lagoon Course is every bit as beautiful, but more forgiving, and especially recommended for high handicappers.

Since opening, the Prince Course has been consistently chosen among the top golf courses in the country by GOLF DIGEST, GOLF Magazine, GOLFWEEK Magazine and WESTERN LINKS Magazine. This challenging course spans 390 acres of stunning landscaped greens. Golfers enjoy views of "Bali Hai" and the rugged cliff sides of Kauai's North Shore from all 18 holes.

The Makai Course at Princeville is actually three separate nines: the Ocean, the Woods and the Lake which branch out from the clubhouse. The Ocean/lake combination is the most popular because of the dramatic vistas but all three courses offer something for everyone.

Beautiful setting

by TripAdvisor Member SueandBill86

We stayed at the Princeville Resort in mid April. We were absolutely stunned by the beauty of the setting. Hanalei Bay is unbelievable... I've never seen anything like it. Our oceanview room was lovely. I agree with some of the other messages in that the hotel is in need of refurbishment in some areas. However, the view from Cafe Hanalei, The Lounge, the Lobby, and our guestroom was worth every penny.

Absolutely Fabulous!

We have just returned from one of the best vacations we've ever had! This was our fourth trip to Kauai; we had previously stayed at the Hyatt our three prior visits, but this time thought we'd try the north shore. The Princeville Resort surpasses the Hyatt in class, service, location, and ambiance. From the moment we arrived to our last day at the resort, we were treated like royalty.

Upon arrival, the valet asked our name and then proceeded to hand us our room key; no waiting in line, no problems! Our room had a beautiful ocean view and was elegantly appointed. Every activity is at your disposal at this resort; snorkeling, kayaking (you can rent the snorkel gear right at poolside, the kayaks are available right on the beach), golfing, tennis, hiking, etc. We lounged under an umbrella on the beach, taking in the majestic views of the mountains and the beautiful, calm bay. The drink service was fantastic; we never had to wonder where our server was, since he/she was always there bringing us our lava flows (can't say the same about the Hyatt...we actually had to go up to the poolside bar to get our drinks...terrible service). The snorkeling is great, right there in the bay in front of you...no traveling to Poipu beach...the clarity is superior as well, and a lot of fish to see. You can kayak right there too, and we did, out in the bay then up/down the river, about 5 hours total.

The dining was gourmet and the entertainment in "The Living Room" was excellent (they serve the best sushi as well). On our last day we traveled to the Hyatt Poipu, for memory sake. Tried to order drinks in the Stevenson Library (it was 6:00pm, just opened and only two other tables were occupied) and no one greeted us for about 10 minutes, then after leaving us with a menu, never returned...or more precisely, we left after waiting for 30 minutes for someone to take our order. The clientele at the Hyatt leaves much to be desired and in comparison to the Princeville Resort, the Hyatt has an almost circus-like feel to it, especially the pool scene.

We did love the Hyatt, but no more...the Princeville Resort is the place for us (gee, and we're not even in our 40's). Everything is right there for you and the little town of Hanalei is simply charming (try Java Kai for great lattes/mochas). The Princeville Resort is the type of resort where you don’t have to leave to access activities, they are right there for you to enjoy. Whereas at the Hyatt you have to travel to Poipu Beach to snorkel, go to Waimea River to kayak, travel to hike, etc. The Princeville Resort is smaller (250 rooms), intimate, and elegant. It’s a matter of taste regarding which resort you’d prefer…

Simply the best!

Please RENOVATE

Time for renovations! We spent 10 days at the Hyatt in Poipu and went to the Princeville Resort for the last 5 days of our honeymoon because it was supposed to be "spectacular". What a disappointment! Other than the view and a beautiful lobby I have nothing nice to say about this place. We arrived at 2:45 for a 3:00 check-in and waited one hour for our room. Once we got to our 'oceanview' room we found our view to be obstructed by another building and a lovely antenna being held down by cement blocks (don't stay in #605). It doesn't end there.....a chunk of the ceramic lamp was missing, the drawer next to the bed wouldn't shut all of the way and another drawer wouldn't stay shut once we put clothes in it. The magic window was completely covered with spots and someone entered our room at 7 am while we were showering. Their only accomodation to us was to put us on a smoking floor which we immediately declined. Needless to say, we CHECKED OUT and headed back to the Hyatt asap. I have no idea why this resort gets such high reviews, we couldn't have been more disappointed! The buildings and grounds are shabby, the pool is tiny, the fitness room is a joke and the service was terrible. Don't waste your hard earned money.

Great hotel but needs refurbishment

by TripAdvisor Member ParisDreamin'

We just returned from a trip to three islands in Hawaii. We stayed at Princeville for the first time, in an OV room, as most at the hotel apparently are. The location is fantastic, the views of Hanalei Bay are out of this world, and the setting is perfect. The service was good. The problem is that the place is in serious need of some refurbishment. It is clear that the hotel was once quite grand with beautiful rooms, but there has clearly been quite a bit of wear and tear, particularly in the bathrooms. The rooms were in OK shape for a standard Holiday Inn but I expect more for a Luxury Collection hotel. I'd say that I'd definitely be back if they refurbished the hotel, but for not for these prices until they did so. For those same rates, I'd probably stay at the Hyatt in Poipu.

If you are over 40, you might like it...but

it doesn't compare to the Hyatt. My wife and I are both 26 and just returned from our honeymoon and we just didn't like the feel of it. It is really a very nice place, but almost too fancy. Seemed more like California than Hawaii. Princeville isn't exactly a central location, so it takes 20-30 minutes to drive up there from anywhere. The weather isn't as good up there as in other locations on the island (Poipu was always very sunny and the locals said the same). We were looking for a relaxing honeymoon, but with fun things to do at the resort and this wasn't it...just seemed boring...blah. I would have to rate it second on the island, but I wouldn't want to stay there. It is in a good location for hiking, kayaking, and waterfall trips on the island, but a long way from just about anything else. If you are 40's or under (or anyone really), definitely try the Hyatt!

Princeville Kauai

by mary_birt

"THE GARDEN ISLAND"

Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii

A truly beautiful island,so green and pretty.

A Dream Holiday

February 15th 2001
We started our holiday the night before when we arrived at the Crown Plaza Hotel Heathrow.A very nice hotel but a bit expensive, had a very nice meal,the staff were very helpful.

February 16th

The next morning we left there about 8.00am to make our way to the airport,Terminal 3, where we checked in at the United Airlines desk with no problems.After that we went to find somewhere to eat and had breakfast (I have eaten better), we had a look around the shops and then made our way to the departure lounge to await our flight.We took off on time and very soon the stewards were coming around with drinks and we had some wine, then it was lunch, which consisted of smoked salmon to start with followed by chicken curry and then apple pie.
being a daytime flight it was so interesting looking out of the windows and seeing Iceland,Greenland and Canada there was lots of snow about! The great Lakes in Canada were very impressive.We also flew over the Hoover Dam and Las Vegas and eventually arrived in Los Angeles after a flight of more than 10 hours.
When we got off the plane we had to make our way to immigration which took ages, then through customs at which point we were able to dispatch our cases to the connecting flight. We had to wait around for about 2 hours before catching our flight to Kauai.This was not such a good flight this time as we were sat right by the toilets. This part of the trip took nearly six hours.
Once we had landed we went in search of the hire car firm to pick up our car and then made our way to Princeville along a very dark road with no street lights, this took about 30 minutes. We finally arrived at our destination at 11.00pm, after travelling for 21 hours, boy were we tired!!!however it was worth it when we saw our apartment, it was huge!!

February 17th

The next morning after a lovely sleep we woke to a glorious day, very warm and sunny and the views of the mountains were wonderful, we could even see waterfalls on them.
We went to the local shops to stock up on a few things and then we went for a drive along the north coast, the scenery was breathtakingly beautiful.We wnet to Hanalei bay where there is a pier and all the small children were jumping off into the ocean, further along were Tunnels Beach and Kee Beach after which we went to the lighthouse at Kilauea with yet more stunning views, here if you are lucky you can see the humpback Whales, we were not lucky that day. Then it was back to the apartment for an early night as we were all so very tired.

February 18th

Today we decided to go along the west coast passing some beautiful waterfalls- they are everywhere.
we went to Spouting Horn, this is where the sea comes in under the rocks and is eventually forced out-causing a vast spurt.
We then made our way to a beach-Kukui Ula ther is a small port on one side and a lovely beach on the other. this was very pretty and we went for a swim.The sun became very hot and we got a little bit burnt.Making our way back not far from the town of Kapaa we spotted some Whales out to sea which was very exciting.

February 19th

Going south via the west coast past Hanapepe, Kekaha and stopping at the lovely beach there,it was glorious, the sun was shining it was quitw windy but very warm and we could see the island of Nihau in the distance.We then made our way up into the mountains to Waimea Canyon by Kokee Road the views were spectcular. the sun and clouds make the canyon a wonderful sight, so many different colours. We stopped at two or three viewpoints on the way, each showing the canyon in a differnt light.there are chickens and cockeralls all over the place,we overheard a local saying that it was because of the 1992 hurricane when all the chickens on the farms were lifted up and misplaced, since when they have been allowed to breed unhindered.
On the way back down we stopped at the Waimea Canyon State Park where there is a museum. Mark Twain visited Kauai in the1870s and walked through the canyon and said he thought the area was the Grand Canyon of the Pacific.

February20th

Today we went to Kapaa to see if we could find a travel agent so we could book flights to Honolulu for the day,we didn't find any. We went to Coconut Beach the complex there was just a lot of shops and cafes. When we got back to the apartment we telephoned Roberts Overnighters for a quote on flights and a car, about$110.00 each.
This evening we went to Gaylords Laua. This house was built in 1935 for a wealthy sugar plantation owner.When we arrived we were all given a lei of sea shells, we were given a lovely welcome when they found out that we came from England. At about 6.00pm we were summoned to "the lifting of the Pig", here rocks are heated by setting alight hard wood grown on the island, and which burns for a long time. This is left for about 3 hours.then the pig is put into the hole quite ceromoniously, it is then covered for about 8 hours or so.then we witnessed the lifting of the pig which is cooked to perfection, they also cook a rice pudding along side it.
At the restuarant we were given glasses of Mai Tai, a mixture of two rums, light and dark and pineapple juice.i didn't care too much for these.
the food was heavenly,salad,chicken,salmon,rice,
teriyaki beef,sweet potatoes not forgetting the pig.
This was followed by the entertainment a band playing hawaiian music and dancers.They were dancing typical Hawaiian, Moari,Samoan and Tihition dances,they were absolutely fantastic.

February 21st

Sat around the pool for most of the morning, went for a walk and had a restful day in the evening we went to a local restaurant"Chucks Steak House" and had an enjoyable meal. there was a salad bar with the usual salad things and poi, pineapples other fruits,vegetables and dressings.i had the rack of lamb for the main course-delicious.There were Mai Tais again.
then we walked home it was lovely and warm and DARK I can't get used to no street lights.

February 22nd

Today we had a bit of an adventure when we went Kayaking. we set off about 7.00am, the weather started off nice but driving to Kapaa it started to rain but this cleared fairly quickly. When we arrived we were met by our guide Stephanie and her two dogs, we were given waterproofs to put our things in, and then we were driven to the waterside. On arrival we were given instructions on how to use the kayaks(never been in one before)I went in the front Brian went in the back. we paddled up stream for about an hour and this was great fun passing the house that was used in Donavans Reef with John Wayne and the village that was used in the film Outbreak with Dustin Hoffman, after paddling for an hour we got out of the kayaks a bit wet and treked through the forest for another hour finally arriving at Secret Falls this was so beautiful and the water so inviting we just had to get in- it was freezing.A scene from Six Days and Seven Nights was shot here.we stayed there for about another hour and then we had to make our way back.
When we got back to the apartment we were filthy and wet I couldn't wait to get in the shower.

February23rd

Another morning was spent by the pool, then we walked into Princeville for lunch and to get a few provisions and had a lovely Lamperts icecream, walked back to the apartment and the heavens opened up, this lasted for about 3hours.
In the evening we went to the Bali Hai resaurant.What a wonderful place the setting was fantastic. we sat on the balcony looking over waterfalls and gardens. this is a five star hotel.i had shrimp and ginger coctail for starters and linguine for the main course.

February 24th

Another lovely morning spent around the pool, then off to Wialua and Opoekea Falls which were spectacular, then back down the mountains to Lydgate Park, very pretty beach which has a grassy area and plenty of shade. then on to Bali Hai Beach, this was so lovely, the sun was going down, the surf was high and there were people surfing.

February 25th

It rained all day, stayed in the apartment watching TV (how sad) in the afternoon we went to Lihue and picked up our tickets for Honolulu

February 26th

After a wet start to the day, we went out for a drive and visited a few beaches on the west shore, as usual they were all very nice, eventually we came across Anaola Beach, this was lovely,there was a reef about 100mtrs out which made a safe area to swim and snorkle, there were only about seven or eight others there. near to where we parked the car was a house which if ever I won the lottery I would buy, it was out of this world.
We stayed in that evening as we had an early start the next day, we were off to Honolulu.
February 27th
Please see Honolulu page.
February 28th

Woke up to another beautiful morning and decided to see if we could get a helicopter flight of the island, after phoning a few places we booked a flight with Kauai Air for 1.15pm.
Spent the morning around the pool until lunch time, very hot again, then went and got freshened up for our trip.
On arrival at Princeville Airport we were given a safety talk and then waited for our flight, and then we boarded the helicopter.Our pilot was called Joe, and then we were taking off, I was a bit worried at first having never been in a helicopter before but I soon got used to it. we flew over most of the island, it was amazing, flying over and through the canyon, which is nearly four thousand feet deep, one mile wide and ten miles long, this was out of this world the colourswere so beautiful and impressive.Joe talked to us showing various point of interest. Along the Na Pali coast where the helicopter hovered. i know I keep saying it but everyhting was so AMAZING. And then all to soon [ one hour later] we were landing and I could have gone straight back up I enjoyed it so much.

March 1st

Woke up to rain this morning but it soon dried up to become warm and sunny. we went to Anahola Beach again, I think I could live here. went along to the lighthouse again to do some Whale watching and we saw a few of these.
We had to pack our cases tonight as we are flying to L.A tomorrow and have to be out of the apartment by 11.30am

March 2nd

We did our last minute packing and tidying up, went to the clubhouse to check out and they let us store our cases there as we don't fly until 10.30pm.
then we went off for the day and it started to rain, so we went into Lihue and did some shopping. Then the sun came out again and we made our way to Lydgate Park for some last minute sunbathing and we were treated to a wonderful display by the Whales out to sea.
Then back to Pahio where we were given a curtesy room to get showered and changed. After loading up the car we found a Taco Bell and had something to eat.
arriving at the airport we found that our plane was delayed by at least two hours, they gave us vouchers for $10 to buy some food, but the only thing we could buy was coffee {the most expensive coffee I ahve ever bought} Then we went to the departure lounge to sit and wait, it was so cold they couldn't turn the air-conditioning off.
The plane finally arrived two hours late, and then we were off to L.A.

Princeville ResortPrinceville Resort

Looking for a Luau Recommendation on kauai

by jefferson66

We're headed to Kauai on saturday to visit my wife who's opening the new St Regis hotel in Princeville, and we'd like to try a luau. (when in Rome....)

Can anyone recommend a luau on Kauai, preferably on the North to East side of the island?

Thanks!!

by YVRDave

Shouldn't your wife's staff know that?

by we135b

There's one at the Hyatt in Poipu that was pretty good.

by travelgourmet

Hey Griff, maybe they will need a good concierge at the "new" St. Regis. Line forms at the right or is it left, or is there even a line. Maybe someone knows if there is a line at all. Just thinking about it is making me pupule.

by travelgourmet

Okay jokes aside, the St. Regis had a great Luau before the closure for the remodel. Now, I don't know if the St. Regis Princeville Resort will have a Luau at this time. So, try the one near the Wialua river, Smith's. Most Luaus are all the same, so this one is close to Princeville. See their website: http://www.smithskauai.com/luau.html

Best for Honeymoon

by Tsunshine725

Kauai- Hyatt or Princeville Resort

We just changed Islands for honeymoon plans to go to Kauai instead of Lanai. I Was wondering which hotel is better for a Honeymoon really need advice both seem beautiful, can not decide! TIA!

Re: Best for Honeymoon

by karenincalifornia

Oh, without a doubt, for a honeymoon - Princeville! It's gorgeous and it's northshore location on Kauai can't be beat. The hotel itself is the ultimate in luxury - terraces overlooking Bali Hai, great food. You can also stay in one of the many condos - so there are a few different types of accommodations to choose from.

I've spent time on several of the islands -- the northshore of Kauai - Hanalei and Princeville are my favorite.

Karen

EATING EATING AND EATING

by travel27

Good Evening or Afternoon.
I'll be on the Island during the month of May and in the town called Kapaa. We are looking for places to eat. Places that will knock my flip-flops off! Something so good and tasty that i'll remember that meal FOREVER! Also, any rest. on the island will be appreciated

by YVRDave

Ono Family Restaurant.
Further around the Island is The Princeville Resort.

by trvlrtom

In Hanalei, a charming beach town just past the Princeville resort area, we liked a little local restaurant called Postcards. It is on the left hand side of the road as you enter town. On the other side of the street (ocean side) there is a fun roadhouse restaurant and bar called Tahiti Nui. They have live music, decent food and a fun atmosphere.

by travelgourmet

Aloha. In Kapaa is Lemongrass Grill Seafood & Bar. If you jus slippin' in the slippas at dis place then go wiki wiki to Roy’s Poipu Bar & Grill in Poipu for gourmet "Broke da mout'" dishes or the Beach House Restaurant in Poipu for ono grinds and view. If you real hungry, try local style gourmet, he, he, at Hanalei Mixed Plate in Hanalei. Okay, may not be even the slightest bit gourmet, but it is local and ono. If you take a mixed plate for lunch down to the sand to enjoy by the sea, it will be a meal to remember FOREVER!

by travel27

Thank everyone................ for their helpful answers.

Comments