Kauai - my favorite for a quiet start
"Central Home Base: Kapaa"
I have chosen a beach resort in Kapaa for my base. It's only 20 min. drive from Lihue airport and centrally located on the island.
"Kauai - Quiet and full of natural beauty"
I like the island of Kauai as the starting point for a vacation on the Hawaiian islands. It's quiet, and lots to explore in a small distance.
Here are my favorites:
* Kekaha Beach park
* Waimea Canyon
* Saltpond Beachpark near Port Allan Airport
* Spouting Horn
* Menehune Pond
* Waimea Falls
* Kuilau - Moalepe Trail
* Opaekaa Falls
* Wailua Falls
* Canoe trip on Wailua River - Secret Falls
* Kilauea Point and Lighthouse
* Anini Beach
* Hideaways Beach (Princeville)
* Hanalei and Hanalei river
* Haena State Park