520 Aleka Loop, Kapaa, Hawaii, 96746, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

• Good htel, horrible service

It was a great place, good location. However, Kauai Coast Resort business practice is desired to be better. They do not honor their financial obligations. They lie to your face and charge for it. I booked a tour with their concierge services. I become ill and we cancelled it. They were happy to issue a refund. Every day for 3 days we would come over to the concierge desk to see if it was posted, they would not. The day we were leaving, they PROMISED that it would be done that day. But nothing. I disputed this action with the credit card. However, Kauai Coast Resort responded that their policy is not issue any refunds. Do not deal with them, it will not worth your health.

More about Kauai Coast Resort at the Beachboy

Kauai coast report

by TripAdvisor Member lentz

Just rerturned from a two week stay at the Kauai Coast Resort. The resort grounds are beautiful and meticulously maintained. The room is gorgeous and well appointed. We had a wonderful ocean view from both lanais even though we had booked a garden view and from the third floor the views were great. There is no elevator on the property, not a problem for us but you should be aware of that. The swimming pool was a huge disappointment for us. The pool is pretty much one big kiddie pool. It is beautiful to look at but 4 feet deep is the deepest. Not what we were looking for, especially with no swimming beach. Housekeeping did a wonderful job and the staff was very friendly. They do try to get you to do the timeshare thing, not what we want to do on a vacation, just need to be firm about it. Had dinner at Hukilau Lanai one night and were VERY diappointed in that. The food was wonderful but the service was TERRIBLE. We had a waiter that rushed us through our dinner it made for a terrible experience for us. It's a nice resort, but we would not stay here again because of the pool and the drive to the beach at Poipu where the sun was always shining even when it was cloudy at the resort.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ou_chot

My husband and I just got back from Hawaii - May 2004. We really enjoyed staying at the Kauai Coast Resort. We were upgraded from a studio room to a 2 bedroom for free by just asking. The employees were really nice. We only ran into a couple issues, they had to exterminate while we were there because there was some rain and we saw a cockroach in our bedroom. They took care of the issue immediately. We stayed in room 3209, which was a little noisy at times. We would definitely stay there again when in Kauai.

Exceeded Expectations

by TripAdvisor Member OceanOso

We had not been to Hawaii before but the couple with us has been twice.
First time for Kauai. We absolutley loved the Kauai Coast Resort.
Everything you see in the photos is what you get.The room was basically a one bedroom 700 sq ft apartment and was very clean and well decorated.Staff was very friendly and helpful. The requests to "check out the timeshare" was crunched when we told them we really weren't interested. Our second best meal of the five days was at the restaurant at the hotel even if service was a bit slow (but you're there on leisure anyway, right?). Food was excellent and all four had a different entree. Highly recommend the resort and would stay there in a flash when we go back.

good stay

by TripAdvisor Member debtman7

We stayed here for only a few nights because our rental cottage was not available for our entire trip. I think this is one of the better places I've stayed anywhere. We had a beach front room, 1st floor, that had patio doors opening up right to the ocean. The rooms were extremely well decorated with large marble baths, marble counters, wood flooring and nice quality carpeting. It is definitely a good notch above what you find in a standard 4 star place.

In addition, even though it's a timeshare place, I found the employees to be very friendly and we were never once asked to attend a presentation. The restaurant on site was also excellent, with great food and service. We had a much better dining experience there than we did at several other 'upscale' places on the island.

The only real downside is that it does not have the expansive grounds or landscaping that a true resort does, however the grounds are well kept (we saw 2-3 people working on the landscaping at most times of the day). The location is also great, with the coconut marketplace right there you have plenty of dining or shopping options.

Overall, unless you have the money for the hyatt, this would be my pick for the best place to stay on the island if you want a hotel/resort type of place.

good resort

by TripAdvisor Member nomadicdude

The resort was recently upgraded and it is awesome! If you book a room directly with the hotel you get room service everyday. If you book a room as part of a timeshare exchange then you get room service once a week.

We stayed at in a 1bed/1ba with nice furniture (NOT the kind which costs $500 for a 1500 sq ft apt). Even though our room was classified as a "garden view" room, we had fantastic view of the ocean. (Try to get a room whose number is greater than 2100. You will have a good view of the ocean)The room was clean and very well maintained.

Don't bother eating at the restaurant in the resort

Kapa'a, Kauai

by LSDodt

My wife and I are staying at he Royal Hawaii Condos in Kapa'a, Kauai, mid February.

Which is the better of the two luaus The Smith's or the Hawaiian Coconut Beach Resort? If you can compare them.
We like to swim by day, drive and lie around on a (shaded?) beach. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Horsebackriding would be cool to.

Authentic/good restaurants for breakfast lunch and dinner? What's the best grocery store for the best fish and meats?

Any other suggestions?

by goshawk301

For breakfast, Eggbert's in Coconut Marketplace south of Kapa'a is convenient and reasonable in price. I did my groceries at Foodland in Waipouli, also south of Kapa'a, when I was staying there last February.

Re: Re: Kapa'a, Kauai

by LSDodt

Sounds wonderful, I'll start reading about it!
Thanks for your time,
Dave

by travelgourmet

Aloha, I have been to the Kauai Coconut Beach Resorts Luau and found it to be very good, as far as luau's go. Most of them are tourist productions but go to at least one to say you have been Don't know about Smith's Luau. I liked the almost deserted beach north of Kapaa at Kealia. Nice 1/2 mile long crescent shaped sand beach. Aloha Diner in Kapaa has real Hawaiian food and good portions. Try Ono's for great burgers. More upscale dinner at the Hukilau Lanai at the Kauai Coast Resort. Foodland was mentioned but even the Safeway is good. There is also a Cost U Less in Kapaa. Aloha Oe.

by cyndyj1

I lived on Kauai for years but left there in 1996 and haven't been back yet. SO, back then, the main difference between the two: Smith's was more of a big production number and was Polynesian (representing lots of islands and slightly different cultures). The Coconut Beach Resort's was smaller in scale and purely Hawaiian. So it kind of depends on which kind of experience you think you would enjoy most.

See my Kauai tips for my favorite restaurants.

Aloha nui loa,