Outrigger Lae Nani

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Outrigger Lae Nani

Central Kauai Location

by IaGhost about Outrigger Lae Nani

The entire family agreed that the Outrigger Lae Nani was an excellent choice for a place to stay. Some would say it is a bit expensive but for the accommodations and location it was definitely worth the money. Our balcony had a great view of the ocean, "private" beach which was protected somewhat by a reef that made swimming and snorkeling easy, pool and was centrally located for us to make all our day trips an equal distance in any direction.

Lae Nani Outrigger Condos

This was our first trip to Hawaii. We celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary by staying at the beautiful Lae Nani Outrigger Condos in Kapaa, Kauai. When we got there after 16 hours travel time, the smiling desk clerk upgraded us to one of their 5 oceanfront condos. It was everything we dreamed of in a vacation residence. The daily maid service, helpful and friendly staff impressed the heck out of us. There was no pretense or uncomfortable snootiness- just the Aloha spirit at its best. We felt like we were walking through Hawaiian botanical gardens when we left or came back to our rooms. It was easy to feel we were family and not guests as we sat on our lovely lanai and ate or just watched the waves and beachfront. The condo beach was lovely-even had a separate protected swimming area for children and an oceanfront heiau, or Hawaiian holy place, on the grounds. We felt like we were in heaven, that's for sure. The condos are within walking distance of small local restaurants and shops as well as a large shopping center. We truly relaxed and enjoyed ourselves. 6 days & 5 nights of Hawaiian paradise- exploring Kauai and then returning to our lovely Lae Nani. (5th night was free since we booked with Pleasant Holidays through our AAA travel agent.) There's only one place we'll ever stay on Kauai and we found it on our first trip there. Mahalo, Lae Nani. We feel like we've been blessed by the beautiful island of Kauai spirits. We'll return but not soon enough.

Lae Nani was Great!

by TripAdvisor Member jules817

My husband and I just got back yesterday from a 2 week vacation in Kaua'i. We stayed at Lae Nani the entire 2 weeks and loved it. I booked through a travel agent and requested a 1bdrm/1bthrm ocean view room. When we got there we surprisingly had a 2bdrm/2btrm ocean view. I must sat, the ocean view is more like ocean front. We walked right out of our building (building #2) about 50 ft to the pool and then maybe another 50 ft to the ocean. Everymorning we woke up the the sound of the ocean and had beautiful views of the Pacific.

The rooms were very clean and the daily maid service is a big plus. The lanais are nice and roomy. The grounds are gorgeous. The people at the front desk were very nice, friendly and helpful. The swimming pool is nicer than it looks in the pictures and it's heated to a perfect temperature, cool enough to refresh you yet warm enough so you can stay in and relax without freezing. It's true there is no air, but we never needed it. We slept with the lanai doors and windows open and got cooling, refreshing trade wind breezes. (We did use fans during the day but turned them off at night). HINT: request an upper level unit, you get better trade wind breezes than the floor units.

The biggest PLUS is that Lae Nani is non-smoking...including the rooms and the grounds. I am always very worried since I am highly allergic to cigarette smoke. I couldn't have smelled leftover smoke even if I wanted to!

The only minuses is there is no jacuzzi/hot tub and no exercise/workout room.

Overall, we had a fabulous stay at Lae Nani and would stay there again!

Best Vacation Ever

by TripAdvisor Member kmsbro

My wife and I have found true paradise while staying at the Outrigger Lae Nani. Waking up to the sound of the surf was absolutly fantastic. This was our first time to the Islands and we had the best time of our lives. Your apartments were beautiful and the grounds were well kept. The people working there were very friendly and are to be commended for their dedication to make everyones vacation enjoyable and relaxing. We will be sure to let our friends know that there is only one place to stay on your island and that is the Outrigger Lae Nani.

Thankyou again for a most enjoyable stay.

Donald and Camille Matthews

Wonderful place

My husband and I stayed at the Outrigger Lae Nani for 4 nights. Our 2 week trip began on Oahu, through Maui, and ended on Kauai. We chose this location because they were offering the 4th night free during the time of our trip. We were not disappointed in the Lae Nani! Our room was very nice. We had a huge deck with comfortable lounge chairs, and a beautiful view of the ocean. My husband was a little worried about the heat, since they do not have air conditioning, but our room was very comfortable, both day and night. The staff was very friendly, and were helpful when asked questions. We did not get in the ocean at the resort (I had read too many warnings about dangerous currents on that side of the island), but I did take a dip or 2 in the pool. The pool was in a beautiful courtyard, with an oceanview, but it wasn't very refreshing as it was warm as bathwater. But, it was wet, and clean, so I did take a dip or two! As for location of the resort... it was very difficult to get into the main flow of traffic at most times of the day. After our first day on the island, we figured out that in order to get in the southbound flow of traffic, we must first head north, looking for a parking lot on the lefthand side of the road that we could do a U-turn in and get into the southbound lane. I was extemely disappointed with this aspect of the island, but as you travel northward, the traffic is less congested, but still pretty steady. Overall, the Lae Nani was a nice place to stay, but one trip to Kauai was all I require, as I was disappointed in the island itself. It was just too crowded. If you want the ultimate Hawaii experience, pay a little more, and go to Maui...Absolutely magnificent!

No air and barely a beach

We stayed at the Lae Nani for only 2 nights, but that was enough. No where did I read that the rooms had no air conditioning. We were there in May and the nights were muggy and thick even with the ceiling fans. The room was out dated and the bed uncomfortable.
The grounds are beautiful, and the pool wonderful, but the so called beach is only about 10 feet wide. The beach I had seen in pictures of the place looked far different than it is. We wish we had stayed in the Poipu area. So much more to do there!

Wonderful location--great price

by TripAdvisor Member papaloa

Lae Nani is great. We had a real beachfront spot because we rented direct from an owner at about half the front desk listed price. I mean we were right next to the beach, with nothing between us and the water. Some units are farther away from the beach or have other buidings to look at. The one we rented was really comfortable and had everything we needed. The beach is small but nice and peaceful. You can drive to longer beaches nearby. We did that in the mornings. We found this apartment at explorekauai. and we will go back again! My daughter was married on Maui--we came to Kauai to rest up! and I hope go back for the anniversary! In any case, I will certainly go back to this unit!

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member YUKOR

Lae Nani was probably the best value place we stayed at in our travels in Hawaii. It's a condo set up with limited on site facilities. In fact, this is our preferred method of vacationing. Once you have stocked up at the grocery store you are totally self sufficient - this saves a lot of money too!

The view from our ground floor condo was literally breath-taking with a view along the coast and the dramatic surf in the sunset.

The grounds were pretty good. Some drainage issue meant that if you walked bare-foor over the grass you ended up getting pretty muddy underfoot (probably a temporary snag).

There was a monk seal on the beach during our stay. Great for animial lovers, but the hotel is obliged to cordon off the beach around it which was less exciting for beach lovers (although there's plenty more beach around the back). There is a giant man-made rock pool which is good for a dip for those preferring to avoid the rough seas (unless the seal is there).

Our room was basic but absolutely fine for our purposes. All mod cons and spotlessly clean. The bedrooms all back onto the main walkways to all the other condos, so if there are noisy people around whilst you're trying to sleep, you'll be affected. Mind you, we had no problems.

There's not much going on around Kapaa. It's got all the food stores etc you might need.

We split our stay half in Kapaa and half in Poipu (Kapili). Kauai is so small, that you dont need to stay in more than once place. Lae Nani was good, Poipu Kapili was better.

Great Property

We stayed here for 5 nights in an ocean front room and really enjoyed our stay. The grounds are extremely well kept and very nice as well as quiet. The units are also very clean and very well maintained. The staff is polite and friendly. There are 2 grocery stores less than 5 minutes away which was very convenient for stocking up on supplies. We did not use the beach on the property, but others certainly did. We chose to visit Lydgate Park, just down the road, as well as Poipu Beach (~20 min drive). The property is half-way between Princeville and Poipu, which we found to be convenient.

Two items to mention: The units DO NOT have Air Conditioning, so they may become warm during the summer months. I found them to be slightly warm during the mid-day, but perfect in the mornings as well as the evenings. Also, there are no washer/dryers in the units, but rather on the property grounds.

We wouldn't hesitate to come back to the Lae Nani. Thanks!!

Couldn't ask for more

by TripAdvisor Member dgs146

My wife and I stayed here on the last of 4 islands of our honeymoon. This place was great. They upgraded us to a 2 bed/2 bath ocean front room and it was great. The one thing I will say is that if we didn't have the 2nd bathroom, the shower would've been tight for the 2 of us...but, I don't know about the bathrooms in the 1 BR/BA or the studios. The kitchen was loaded - it had everything we needed (although we didn't use it). The living room, bedrooms, and bathrooms were all very nice. There were 2 lanais - 1 off the living room and 1 off the master bedroom. It was beautiful and the ocean sounds were a nice addition as well. We had no A/C, which was a concern for me, but we never needed it. We didn't swim in the ocean there as it seemed a bit rough when we were there - it did rain a lot - and the beach was rather small. We went to go for a walk on the beach our first night there but we ended up on the grass. It's okay as we saw this same issue with many resorts around the island. The nice, open beaches are on the west side of the island where there's not any resorts.

Overall, this place was great for what we needed and the housekeeping staff did a great job.

Honeymoon in Hawaii?

by madkitty

We are looking to honeymoon in Hawaii in Sept 2005 - from what we have seen Kauai and Maui look beautiful. Does anyone have any tips for places to stay?

by spartan

Hi,

We went to Maui for our wedding/honeymoon and stayed at the Kapalua Villas. It's a fabulous place (a one bedroom condo) which looked out over the golf course as well as the Pacific Ocean (Moolokaiin the distance).

It's on the same property at the Ritz Carlton/Kapalua...you get to use all of the amenities but you don't have to pay the resort price. I do believe that they have packages available (accommodations and car). For more information, check out the write up on my Maui page.

Sincerely,

Spartan

Re: Re: Honeymoon in Hawaii?

by YVRDave

Kapalua Villas are great. Free shuttle in Kapalua and to West Maui airport. Kitchen and excellent restaurant close by. VERY private and Very large 1250 Sq Ft. 1 bedroom
For better rates call Ridge Rentals at 800 326 6284 (maui)

by fjfj

I've been to both several times and would say that Kauai is a much more romantic honeymoonish island than Maui. Depending on price range the places I would recommend - Kapaa Shores, Lae Nani in Kapaa (centrally located and very affordable), Poipu (south) and Princeville (north) are more expensive but of the two I prefer Princeville area - stay at the Sealodge or Hanalei Bay Resort - hope this helps...

by LarryHunt

There's a thousand places to stay on kauai.
You could try
Besides being a massage therapist on Kauai'
I also am a realtor with Hanalei North Shore Properties.
They manage 75 different vacation rentals.
Tell them I sent you.

by liverballs

We stayed at the Kauai Marriott Beach Resort in Lihue in Nov, 2002. An amazing place. We loved the grounds the pool is out of this world and the beach is magnificent. We had pool, oceanview and every morning I fell in love with this island over and over. Good luck...........

by clws

We have stayed at the Marriott in Kauai 4 different times and we absolutely love it and will stay there again in the future. Our first stay was for our honeymoon, and our last one was when we re did our vows on the property there. It is a wonderful hotel! And I reccomend Kauai over Maui. We have been to 4 of the islands and Kauai is by far our favorite! Very romantic.

Comments