4970 Pepelani Loop, Princeville, Hawaii, 96722, United States
Orbitz.com Booking.com Tingo.com

More about Bali Hai Villas

A beautiful Hawaiian getaway

by paigewink about Pahio at Bali Hai Villas

Bali Hai Villas is an amazing condo/timeshare. It is not right next to the beach but it is only about a 15 minute walk, or a short drive. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly and eager to please you in any way they can. I definately recommend staying with them if you have the chance. It is worth your while. They have a great pool and the hot tub has a little sandy part that makes you feel close to the beach. The concierge is always there to help you plan a great day. The free Mai Tai's they offer Thurs-Sun are a huge bonus.

Stay elsewhere!

by TripAdvisor Member WellWornPassport

My husband and I shared a 2bd/2ba condo with a friend of mine in Building 11. While the unit was spacious, the furnishings show their age. There are no views from the units. The phone did not work and laundry machine leaked. The BHV do not have A/C, which is fine b/c there are nice tradewinds and strong ceiling fans, except that the beloved island mascots (the roosters) were right outside our windows; and needless to say, we did not have a very restful experience at the Bali Hai Villas. The resort is still under construction and the development has not yet constructed major communal facilities, e.g. a fitness center and decent-sized pool.

There are several on Kaua'i: ...

by JQuisenberry

There are several on Kaua'i: The Bali Hai (Princeville Hotel); Bull Shed (Kapa'a); Winds of Beamreach (Princeville); Gaylords (Lihue) Bali Hai (The view makes anything taste good!)

Do not stay here......terrible hotel, no resort

by TripAdvisor Member esimas1

This was our first time visiting Kauai and we were all excited to have a 2b/2ba condo at the Bali Hai Villas. It looked like a great resort online and was rated 5 stars. Looks can be very decieving people! When we arrived there was construction going on and chickens/roosters everywhere. Upon checking in at the front desk, we were bomarded with timeshare sales questions. Once I showed no interest, the sales person got very rude and then wanted to know our schedule for the week so she could try to get the rest of my group in for a timeshare presentaion. Wasn't very happy about that! We have a time share.....that's why we are there.....duh! The condo was very spacious but, was infested with mites. We all kept getting big bug bites all over our bodies. I called housekeeping to change the sheets and to bug spray the condo. They knocked at the door and handed me some extra sheets and then said they would be back to spray. They never came back of course. The pool area was ok but small. The local teens would invade the pool area at night and we even got kicked out of the spa area one night, because the local teens got caught smoking dope a few minutes before we showed up. Great way to treat your customers! I would say it's a 2 star hotel maybe 1 for the customer service side of it! Not a great first time condo experience on Kauai but, the island was BEAUTIFUL of course!

Alright, but nothing spectacular

by TripAdvisor Member japfarm

We stayed here for our week long honeymoon. It was a nice place, but nothing super romantic about it. Nice tub with jets. No AC, so it got hot at times. My in-laws got this place for us, but I would not really pay a lot of money to stay here.

Generic Time Share Rental

by TripAdvisor Member allroy71

About average place to stay. No AC, but multiple fans. I never got sweaty.
My wife complained that the toilet areas smelled like urine, so we had to call twice to get someone to clean the area. I am not sure if it got done, because nothing looked different and I never smelled the urine. My wife thought it was better.
The staff requests that you pull off the bedsheets and take the trash to the trash bin. I am not lazy, but I didn't expect that.
Also, when I checked in, I was solicited to see a time share presentation. Not my idea of a fun time!!
Best part of the whole place, was the full service kitchen with microwave, electric stove, full size fridge!!

By the way, you definitely need a car on Kauai and especially in Princeville where everything is spread out.

Love the Roosters?

by TripAdvisor Member Vernix

Just spent a week here for my wife's birthday. Not too impressed. This is a very average resort, with as many rooms packed onto the property as possible. The island is infested with chickens and we were awoken every morning around 3am with Cockerel's crowing outside our bedroom. Of course all the windows are open due to lack of ac. Don't get a ground floor room. The people staying above us were early risers and sounded like they were arranging furniture every day. If it wasn't chicken's or noisy neighbours, it was the sound of building works, trucks backing up, skilsaws cutting, hammers banging etc.
The on site pool is small and the staff are more interested in selling you a timeshare than providing quality service. Do not suffer through 2 hours of timeshare sales pitch just to save $100 on an activity. It's not worth the humiliation and discomfort. The maids only change the towels once a week, that's all the service you get. Sorry to sound so negative but the only way to enjoy this island as it should be enjoyed is to stay somewhere else, that has views and is closer to activities, like the west or south coast. The island itself is beautiful with awesome scenery and some great activities.

Last Resort

by TripAdvisor Member dddmom3

If you want a very impersonal resort, this is it. The only person we saw face-to-face was at check-in at the airport. At check-out they leave your bill attached to your front door. You call a number to leave a message that you have left. If we ever needed anything we had to speak via phone to the front desk....location unknown. Housekeeping never answered the phone when we needed additional items and no one came to clean the condo during our stay (they notify you of that beforehand.) New towels showed up in our bathrooms one day, but no new linens.

Because we had five people in our party I expected there would be enough beds to accommodate us. There wasn't. My younger boys slept together in the 2nd bedroom while my 14 year old had to sleep on the pull-out bed in the living room. Very inconvenient when you want to stay up watching a movie with the only DVD player in the condo. We discovered the mattress on the pull-out was virtually non-existent and very springy. My poor son had to sleep seven nights on top of the couch pillows we assembled on the bed to simulate a mattress. He kept falling through the pillows while he slept. We were denied our request to move to another unit that had two beds in the 2nd room.

The kitchen was well equipped with utensils. Unfortunately 3 of the 4 electric burners on the stove did not work. Dinner took a little longer to cook because of that. It's great to have a washer/dryer in the unit. Our laundry took much longer to dry because the dryer was not efficient. We had to run each load through the dryer twice at its hottest setting. But it did work.

I was nervous about not having air conditioning in the unit. It wasn't too bad. We were gone most of the day and the trade winds helped at night. There are ceiling fans in every room and two additional plug-in fans to use. It's not exactly comfort living but we survived.

Roosters do crow on time every morning at 6am. If you want to sleep in, this is not the place for you. Because you have to keep your windows open all night (remember, no air-conditioning), you are subject to this.

The pool may sound attractive in their ads but it was always over-crowded and very small. It certainly showed its age because the pool floor is covered in tile.

We own a timeshare through Hilton. Unfortunately Hilton was booked for the week we wanted so this was our last resort. It is comical because Pahio should be your last resort. If you want Hilton quality service, you will not get that here. If you want to get away for a couple of nights, this place is not too bad. A week would be pushing it.

Your typical vacation condo

by TripAdvisor Member vacationagain

This is your typical vacation condo. It is clean and comfortable. It is not a resort hotel. It is fine for what it is, no frills. If you want room service and all the other resort amenties, then stay at a resort. If you just want a nice condo with lots of space, then this is fine.

Kauai is still my favorite of the Hawaiian islands

by TripAdvisor Member raesueMichigan

This is our home resort and it was the first time we had stayed here.
We arrived on a Friday and checked to see if our room was ready. Even if we arrive early at a resort I always call and see if the room is ready and if it is not I give them our cell# and ask us to give us a call when it is ready. There have been many times that our room was ready even at 1 p.m. in the afternoon. The receptionist said it wasn't ready yet and we said no problem and to go ahead and take their time because we were going to go snorkeling at Tunnels Beach. I recommend Tunnels and Ke'e Beach for snorkeling. The many times we went there we saw lots of turtles and of course fish. After spending the afternoon at the beach we headed back to our unit, it was around 6 p.m. Our room was on an upper unit by the pool and it was very clean. I did have to call during the week to housekeeping to get a larger fitted sheet for the master bed because it kept on popping off at the corners. Housekeeping brought a new one up within 2 hours. We did have one concern Friday night when we went to the pool in the evening with our kids there seemed to be a whole bunch of teenagers monopolizing the hot tub. After getting in and listening to their conversations it seemed that some of them weren't from the resort. They were loud and using foul language and drinking from glass containers and some of the containers contained alcohol. We ended shortening our time at the pool and called security about the issue, but they were on another call and when they did get there they ran in all different directions. We did personally talk to security and to people at the front desk and told them that they really needed to have security walking around by the pool at night. It's easy for anybody to use their pool because there is no gate that you have to use a key for. We did use the pool many times after that and didn't have anymore problems, but if we did we would have no hesitation in calling security again. We very much enjoyed the rest of our time there. We were in a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo and it was perfect for our family of 4. I did ask about the ongoing construction that has been going on for sometime and they said they have heard the complaints and they should be wrapping up their construction within a year and a half. They are also in the process of building a new club house with a new pool. They have the hole dug out for the pool.
The construction didn't bother us at all, they weren't very noisy.
I am happy that we bought there, I love the north side of Kauai with all the different snorkeling beaches and the how everything is so lush and green. We went to Waimea which on the south side of the island and it was very brown and desert looking. Couldn't wait to get back to the north. We did see monk seals on Po'ipu Beach, that was exciting because I have never seen them before. Our 2 boys 12 and14 took surfing lessons in the resort's pool and then took surfing lessons in the ocean. They thought that was great since we are from Michigan and we don't get to do much surfing around here. My youngest son played tennis at the resort with his cousin. The rest of the time we went snorkeling, took a hike on the lava rocks by the ocean to Hideaways Beach, and took a zodiac ride and saw the Na Pali Coast. This definitely will be a vacation full of memories that my kids will never forget. I'm hoping that they will bring their families here also.
My tittle says Kauai is still my favorite Island of the Hawaiians. After the week in Kauai we island hopped to the Big Island, and 3 years ago we visited Maui. I haven't visited all the islands but so far I love the quaint atmosphere and the jungle feel of Kauai.

Bali Hai Villas at Pahio Resort - Princeville

by mmulcahy

My family and I are traveling to Kauai in early July and are staying at the Bali Hai Villas in Princeville. I would appreciate any information about the resort. Also where is the best place/least expensive to rent snorkle gear?

Comments