3700 Kamehameha Road, Princeville, Hawaii, 96722, United States

More about Sealodge at Princeville

Unit H5

by TripAdvisor Member elh

The Sealodge was great...location wise. There is an incredible view of the ocean and there is a very rugged path you can take to a private "beach" to snorkel. The walk takes about twenty minutes, and you want to make sure you are covered because the mosquitos can be really bad.

The pool is adequate and the area of Princeville is very nice. Sealodge is close to the Hanelai Bay Resort and the Princeville Resort. However, if you like the ammenties of a regular resort, this isn't the place to stay.

Hanelai is a cute town, but things seem to open late and close early, so the night life is pretty nonexistent. You can drive into Kapaa, but it is a least a thirty to forty minute drive.

The only major complaint...

Our unit was nice, but it was not air conditioned. We were told that most of our friends staying in condos had units without air conditioning. However, based on our experiences, from nine in the morning to about ten at night, air conditioning is necessary. We were often sweating, just getting ready to go out for the day or for the night. Also, after a long day at the beach, it's nice to come back to a place that's air conditioned so you can recharge.

J-1 at SeaLodge was breathtaking!

by TripAdvisor Member Cyberglen

My girlfriend and I stayed at Sealodge in Princeville for an entire week. We are almost certain we stayed in the best one. It has a sweeping view of the ocean from all rooms in the unit except for the bathrooms! The view is simply breathtaking. You are up on a bluff. While lying in bed, I could see not only the ocean, but the ocean as framed by the coastline, which went all the way to the beautiful lighthouse. Just as extraordinary were the tradewinds that come sweeping up the bluff. Although it was warm in Kauai while we were there (just as you hope it will be!), we were never hot or uncomfortable due to the carressing tradewinds. You have to feel them to believe them. We stayed in J-1, which is an end unit on the far right hand side of the complex. I think it is called "Moondance Hale" or Malihina Hula Hale. We walked by the other units and are positive that this unit has the best view. The reason is that in J-1 the ocean view is complemented by a view of the coastline. You might get that in other units, but this view was straight down the coastline, just as an artist (God!) would paint it. We felt like we were alone at the end of the world. The complex has a pool, but we only used it once. Why bother when Kauai has so many incredible beaches (check the surf conditions though especially in winter).

This is a honeymooner's palace perfectly designed for Hawaii's climate. When we first walked in was very warm. Then you open the windows and the natural airconditioning just FLOODS the condo. I agree with other reviewers that Sealodge looks a little dated from the outside --rustic is probably the word. But is is very well maintained, and when you get inside, you will know what the buzz is about.Try to get this view elsewhere in Princeville. Not going to happen unless you stay at the Princeville Hotel. And there, you simply are not going to get the total privacy you get at Sealodge.

In other review, someone mentioned dirty towels and cockroaches in another unit. Each unit is individually owned and maintained. This unit was impeccably clean. Also, remember that you must be a good guest and not invite little creatures.

This was the best vacation I have taken in my entire life. Kauai is gorgeous, Princeville is magnificent, and the view at the Sealodge is to die for. I have been to Molokai, Maui, and the Big Island. My trip to Princeville and the Sealodge was my best Hawaii adventure of all. Warning: This place is so nice you may abandon any plans to do anything else on the island. Stick to your plan. Kauai is worth it and you will always have the moondance at night!

SeaLodge D7 is a winner

by TripAdvisor Member tivolo

We found SeaLodge D7 online at Summit Pacific [--] and, based on the pictures, stayed there 4 nights in Sept. It was a great choice -- I can't image anything even close for the price ($150/night + cleaning fee). The unit was very clean and well kept -- updated, modern furnishings, A/C (which you do need), a compact washer/dryer good privacy and an amazing view!

It was, however, a bit bit smaller than I expected -- the bedroom, dining room and living room are all directly connected. That was no problem for the two of us but privacy could be an issue for a larger group. There is a loft with a bed as well, but once again not much privacy since it's all open. The biggest drawback was the fact that the A/C compressor was on the balcony so you couldn't sit outside the same time the A/C was running inside since it would just blow very hot air on you. That said, this was a minor incovenience and a small price to pay for having A/C.

The best part about SeaLodge is the location -- Princeville is a great place to explore the north shore from and has lots of great dining nearby (definitely try the Polynesian Cafe in Hanalei for lunch/dinner and the ice cream shop in the Princeville Shopping Center for dessert!).

Booking the room was pretty simple -- we submitted a request on the web site and were contacted by the unit's owner (Patti). A $150 deposit was required with the balance due 6 weeks before arriving. I had no problem with this and can understand that kind of policy from a condo owner. Patti emailed us complete instructions on the unit, how to get there, the key code, etc. She even followed up after the visit to see how things went.

I'd definitely stay at SeaLodge D7 again -- highly recommended!

Stay in D3

by TripAdvisor Member Acrostic

We stayed in unit D3 for 4 nights in late October. Overall the experience was fine but if I were to return I would try to get a different unit. The furniture in D3 is pretty grubby and the little ants are invading. The bathroom is extremely tiny. Also, be careful about your blinds when changing or lounging in your jammies. Since you are in the middle of the complex on ground level, others can see in all your windows and occasionally people walk by on the ocean side. On the plus side, D3 has its own W/D which was extremely helpful. There is a good TV, VCR, DVD and CD stereo. The kitchen is very clean and has all utensils you need and dishwasher.

The best parts of Sealodge are the views, quiet, and Sealodge beach. We happened to have great, sunny weather - good winds to cool us down and low surf. We hate hot weather and were not hot at all with the windows open and fan at night (late Oct. plus trade winds). If the surf is fairly calm and the sun is out, Sealodge beach has excellent snorkeling and you will probably have the place to yourself! Fish there are smaller than at Tunnels but we saw more variety including eels at Sealodge. Definitely use bug spray before you head down though and don't wear flip flops cause it can be very slippery.

Village Snacks in Ching Young Village has excellent fries, sandwiches and deserts. Macnut icecream at the bottom of your ice at Wishing Well shaved ice is delicious! Veggies: note that people call Postcards vegetarian but it is actually mainly fish so your choice is limited. Mema's Thai in Wailua is very good.

An amazing view and sounds of the ocean made this place...

by TripAdvisor Member avallen

We stayed in Unit A1.. The view was great and we loved being lulled to sleep by the sounds of the ocean. We ate breakfast on our patio facing the ocean every morning. The grounds were immaculate. The unit was well stocked, likely both by the owners and previous tenants, with sundries passed on to us to the people that stayed there before us. In fact, in the spirit of giving we left behind some kaluha and a boogie board. Also, the conceirge was kind enough to pass on wine, champagne and leis that were requested by friends of ours in Canada.
On the flip side, we were disappointed to find flying coachroaches in the unit. The bathroom was small and not well maintained. Anyone looking for a nearby beach should be prepared for a precarious 10 minute hike down a slippery slope. You're better off gettin' in your car and headin' to secret beach where your 10 minute walk will reward you with a much more beautiful beach (if you don't mind strippin' down)..shhhh it's a secret.

Sea Lodge then U2 and Pearl Jam

by TripAdvisor Member RockHead

We spent a week here before we rocked out to U2 and Pearl Jam in Honolulu. I didn't want to come home. The sound of the waves the cool breezes, it was just so [---] pleasant. The condo was good. The view was enchanting. The food on this Island sucks cook your own, thats why you got the condo in the first place.

C5 has great view

We stayed at unit C5 in December. It is on the second floor and very private. It has amazing ocean view from the living room and the bedroom. In the winter time, it's fun to stare at the enormous waves. It is fully equipped with a washing machine/dryer, a full kitchen, a dish washer and wireless internet. Sealodge is perched over a cliff. The trail down to the beach is quite steep and takes about 10 minutes. There isn't much of a beach in the winter time as it's swallowed up by the water. So look somewhere else if you're expecting a place by the beach.

Sealodge is the best value in Kauai

by TripAdvisor Member catatonic4

We stayed in J3 and it was the greatest. Amazing view and the condo is really pretty and comfortable inside. I'd stay there again. We rented it from kauai-vacations-ahh.com and they were really nice about changing our dates when we couldn't get flights for the days we originally reserved. They got us a portable crib for the baby, too. J3 is at ground level, so we didn't have to climb any steps carrying baby stuff...lots of baby stuff.

Unit C4 - Great

by TripAdvisor Member ShyamSunder

We stayed at C4 for 3 nights in Jan 2007. The condo was well maintained and was in perfect condition. The view was amazing and in fact, when we have our morning coffee sitting in the lanai (patio), we could do whale watching from there. It was a great place to stay, perfect in every sense. I would prefer to stay there again if I go back to Kauai.

Sealodge is great, rental agencies are varied

by TripAdvisor Member jlj57

I have stayed at two different units at Sealodge. The location is great: very quiet, awesome views, lots of privacy. Unit E9 was well maintained, clean, and stocked with everything necessary for a brief stay. I just rented unit G5 from a different agency and was surprised at the difference is quality of service. In unit G5 the cheap towels were clean, and the sheets were clean, but the rest of the unit was not. The bathtub was dirty, the carpet was dirty and hadn't been vacuumed, and there were no cleaning supplies. Cascade was supplied for the dishwasher, but nothing to use to clean the items that wouldn't fit in the dishwasher. I had to purchase liquid dish detergent in order to clean the pizza sauce off the baking sheet and cutting board. The toilet seat was connected with one bolt only, so the seat moved around when I sat on it. The light bulbs were burned out in two rooms, or the light switches didn't work - I couldn't tell. I would recommend that anyone wanting to stay at Sealodge do the homework before renting.

Comments