1775 Poipu Rd, Poipu, Hawaii, 96756, United States

Satisfaction Average

More about Aston at Poipu Kai

Kauai: Poipu Condos

by diver-x about Regency Resort

Regency is a nicely landscaped condo development in Poipu in the Poipu Kai area. Our 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath condo was not air conditioned but during the hours we were there, we were comfortable with the breeze coming through the windows and the ceiling fans. My only issue with the place was the pool. It was pretty small and the rules were somewhat overbearing. There was a posted list of things you can not do in the pool area that included the game Marco Polo! How picky can you be? Other than that, I enjoyed our stay there.

We rented our condo from Sunspots at Poipu.org. I wasn't all that happy with customer service. They were slow to respond even though they knew it was a last minute reservation. I asked them to FAX me their rental agreement but they mailed it anyway. For some reason it didn't occur to them that it wouldn't make it to me in time before we had to leave for Hawaii. It all worked out in the end, but I could have done without the aggravation. We were within walking distance of the beach and restaurants. Also there were boogie boards, snorkel equipment and beach chairs in the room, free for us to use. This condo cost us $250/night.

Koloa Sugar PlantationKoloa Sugar Plantation

Family friendly locations and hotels on Kauai ?

by kalleanka

We are a family (children aged 3 and 6),
that will spend 3 days on Kauai in beginning of August.
Any Tip Regarding
-Where to stay (hotel and what part of the Island)
-Good beaches for children and snorkeling
is appreciated.

by TheHistorian

Aloha!

I've been travelling to Kauai, every summer, since I was ten and I believe I can help you.

The south shore, Poipu, will be your best option at this point. There are two hotels on the south shore that I would recommend for your short stay on the island: Hyatt and the Sheraton. Perhaps the Hyatt would be more suitable to your needs.

The best beach on the south shore: Baby Beach @ Poipu (not to get confused with the other Baby Beach located directly in front of Poipu Kai.) The beach is located on the left of the sand spit on Poipu beach. The right side of Poipu beach has fantastic snorkeling, but make sure you get there early if you want to see lots of fish.

I hope my tips helped.

:0)

by AVG2319

I agree Poipu (south) is a great beach for kids and I think Lyndgate (East) is nice as well. Both are good for snorkeling-we personally saw the biggest fish at Lyndgate but the most turtles by Poipu.

Have fun in Hawaii!

Amber

by IaGhost

We just returned from Kauai, Lydgate is a great place to snorkel and for kids to swim and play as it has an enclosure to break up the waves and tide. We also saw lots of fish, and some people had picked up some sort of fish food and were feeding them. But there is a huge beware at Lydgate, watch your belongings VERY closely or they will walk away.
And we agree with the other posters that Poipu as great beaches for children.
We stayed at the Outrigger Lae Nani, 2 bedrooms, 2 bath condo, with an enclosure as well to protect the kids, has a pool & grills. It worked out great for us. It is centrally located making it easy to get from one end of the island to the other.

Comments