1661 Pe'e Rd, Koloa, Hawaii, 96756, United States
Booking.com BookIt.com Orbitz.com

More about Castle Makahuena at Poipu

Kauai wedding

by oldguy1

My son is getting married in November. We plan to stay in the Poipu area. I got prices on the Makahuena at Poipu Kai. Is this the same resort as Castle Makahuena at Poipu? Would this be a good choice? We have 5 people going so we need a 3 bedroom, and that's available at the Makahuena. Also, does anyone know how to locate a wedding planner? I have e-mailed a couple but received no response. Other suggestions on where to stay and/or wedding locations (on the beach at sunset) would be appreciated!

by BlueCollar

I'm not sure which sites you have checked so here are a few I know of:

www.kauai-wedding.com (Kaua`i)
www.kauaiwedding.com (Kaua`i)
www.mohala.com (Kaua`i)

In case you may want to change venues:

www.iloveweddings.com (O`ahu)
www.justmauied.com (Maui)

All of these sites offer 1-800 numbers so you may want to call and ask questions directly. Just remember the time difference. Currently, Hawai`i is 6 hours behind EST (ex. 3:00pm EST = 9:00am Hawai`i)

As for the actual location, just tell the planner your thoughts and see what they suggest. The pictures of locations on the above sites look ideal. Although I've seen many wonderful beach settings on several of the islands myself, since I have never planned a wedding in Hawai`i, I am not sure of which would be practical to have such a thing. That's where you need to trust the judgement of the planner.

Happy planning and good luck.

by KauaiFinn

Aloha,

Check with Phil at www.purekauai.com (sorry, can't find his phone #) -- tell Phil i sent ya and i'm sure he'd be happy to help you with many of these questions & direct you to the right people!

Let me know if you have a hard time finding Phil - i am sure i can dig his phone# up from other friends. OR, call Richie at (808)651-7146 (he actually does alot of the catering work for weddings that i believe Phil arranges as well as creating private sunset dinners on the beach for couples -- hint hint: would be a nice little gift for the new couple, eh?)

AlooooooHA!
Jaana Makipaa

by debrannan

I just got back from a wedding in Kauai. For a beach service I would highly recommend Annini Beach at sunset. Napali coast line in one direction and the other side of the bay a lighthouse. There is a lava 'alter' we dressed with orchids and it was more than perfect. I never have to attend a wedding again, as I went to the most beautiful one ever. There are quite a few wedding planner services - I am not familiar with the name of the one my friend used. But she brought a ukelalei lady to sing and a photographer and the woman who organized it was licensed to wed them. Don't forget to order the floral headpiece 24 hours in advance - you can get it done the night before but only with a little luck.

Comments