Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort And Spa

1571 Poipu Rd, (formerly Hyatt Regency Kauai Resort and Spa), Poipu, Hawaii, 96756, United States

Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa
Booking.com BookIt.com Priceline.com

1935

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• brewjohnson's Profile Photo

Huge and Wonderful

I generally don't like staying in large hotels, preferring more atmospheric hotels. That being said, I loved my stay at the Grand Hyatt in Poipu, Kauai. Its a very large hotel (600+ rooms), yet it maintains a charm that exudes a luxury tropical feel. Upon walking into the huge open air atrium and reception, you realize you're in a wonderful property. At sunset, the deck bar is the perfect place to enjoy a drink and end your day as ukulele's strum. After dinner, Stevenson's Library has live jazz and is one of my favorite bars I've been to. I don't really are for scotch, but Stevenson's Library, with live jazz playing made me crave it. Ha. The pool area of the hotel is part pool/part lagoon and is superb for families and kids of all ages (a lazy river, water slides, etc). In addition to the pool and lagoon area, the hotel is situated on a great beach that has good surf and body surfing. The hotel also has a high end spa and there's a championship golf course associated with the hotel. Near the hotel, there is some very cool hiking trails where you can walk along the cliffs and is well worth taking a walk.

The towns of Koloa and Poipu have some good options for dining that are nearby (Roy's, the Beach House, etc.) and the little main street of Koloa is very charming and only a few minutes away by car.

Overall, I love this hotel.

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Luxury Resort Vacation

The Grand Hyatt is one of the mega resorts near Poip’u Beach. It’s huge and beautiful and a great place for families. The pool is the largest in the area and includes a waterslide, lazy river and a saltwater pond. There are several dining and drinking options on the property including a traditional luau. The rooms are beautiful and clean. There is a small beach on the property (although like all beaches in the Hawaiian Islands it is open to the public) and Shipwreck Beach is adjacent. There are plenty of amenities and attractions at the Grand Hyatt so you don’t ever have to leave the property if that’s your thing. If you are looking for the typical resort vacation, this is definitely your place. The Grand Hyatt has it all. If you are not staying here it’s worth checking out the facilities but be advised they patrol the pool area and will kick you out immediately if you are not a hotel guest and a day pass to the pool carries an absurdly hefty price tag of $250 US a day. (Yes you heard me correctly! That’s highway robbery!) And that’s just a reflection of the prices you’ll shell out to stay here.

Unique Quality: Multiple restaurants and bars, an amazing pool area, beautifully manicured grounds, shopping, full staffed business center, spa, golf course with clubhouse, babysitting, beach.

More about Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort And Spa

Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa

by andersonclan about Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa

This resort is very nice. Our kids had SO much fun, we all did. There is a saltwater lagoon between the resort & the beach, a lazy river, a few swimming areas & a waterslide! The kids took hula lessons & painted coconuts at the resort. This was a great spot for a family vacation. We had a beautiful veach view. The resort is at Shipwreck Beach, just north of Poipu Beach.

lagoon!

by magdalena2007 about Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa

This hotel is beautiful. It has the most fabulous lagoon and salt water pool you can ever imagine. The water slide wasn’t only for kids. The food was fantastic. It was located at the South Shore so it didn’t rain while we were there and the hikes were constant. Everywhere we drove there was a new hike to go on.

If you have the money....

by JKMathieson about Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa

This was a business trip so I didn't have to pay. Given that, this was one nice place. The Anara Spa was incredible- I highly recommend the papaya body polish and massage- and the staff was great. Lots to do for families including a salt water lagoon for swimming. I am not a golfer but I heard that the Poipu Bay Golf Course was awesome. I would recommend it in a heartbeat for anyone who can afford to stay here. Or if you are like me and someone else was paying. :-)

We loved the Hyatt Kauai!

by TripAdvisor Member InternationalTrvl

The Hyatt Regency Kauai was a marvelous hotel. We will not stay anywhere else when we return to Kauai. The service was excellent, especially in the Regency Club. We thought that the club was really worth the upgrade. Great spa (the lava shower is excellent), beautiful ocean view room, perfect location. We did not want to leave!

Loved the Hyatt, Kauai

by TripAdvisor Member pdlombard

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt in Kauai right after having spent five days at the Hyatt in Maui. The Hyatt in Kauai is much nicer and more up to date. The grounds were fabulous, and the nightly entertainment in the Seaview Terrace was great and their pupus are delicious. The Library Lounge had great Live Jazz nightly, however we aren't smokers and I couldn't take sitting inside. The balcony sufficed and although we couldn't see the band, we still could hear really well.
The food is over priced and we opted to be adventurous and eat off sight. All our meals were great. For breakfast we went to one of the local spots, Oki Diner in Lihue not far from the airport. They have the best banna, pineaaple, and macadamia nut pancakes on the island, and the best homemade vanilla, coconut, and strawberry sauces for the pancakes I ever had in my life. This is a must for breakfast. For dinner we went to the Beach House, wonderful atmosphere and great food just five minutes west of the hotel. For lunch we ate at another local spot, Moloa'a Sunrise Fruit Stand, just off Hwy. 56 and Koolau road.
This place is much more than a fruit stand. They have the best sandwiches and smoothies you could ever ask for, and you must try their irresitable coconut pinapple muffins. A couple of times we ate lunch at the hotel down by the pool, and the food was very tasty, however the prices can really add up if you're not ordering the daily special.
Another lunch and dinner place was Kieko's Paradise, it's just about a three minute drive west of the hotel. The concierge's desk is very helpful and I highly recommend using them to make reservations for you at the Beach House, Roy's, or Kieko's for dinner or you can forget it.
However, the cafe side of Kieko's is just as good and less expensive and doesn't require reservations. As for transportation, rent a compact car from National, they have the lowest rates, reserve a car on-line or by phone and pay when you arrive. We had a convertable car on Maui, however Kauai has too many sporatic rain showers and it wouldn't be worth it to have a convertable. The hotel rooms all have balconies or terraces, I suggest asking for a room no lower than the second floor and any room other than the ones that face the parking lot. We booked a mountain view, however the room we were given had an ocean, lagoon, waterfall, and garden view, so don't bother paying more for those so called ocean views, all the rooms except for the one's facing the parking lot have partial views. The internet rates seem to have the best deals, and we took advantage of that, it's just that you have to pay for all the nights you are staying up front before you travel. By the way we drove over to the Princeville Resort, and it is over rated.
They have a nice entry, but it doesn't compare to the Hyatt. I saw a guestroom, and they need to renovate in my opinion. The pool area is very small and the surrounding grounds is not much at all. The beach is very rocky and the sun doesn't shine that much on that side of the island. Don't waste your money unless you just want a smaller resort with less sun.

Favorite Hotel on Kaui

by geekgrrl about Hyatt Regency Kauai

This hotel is the reason we go to Kauai. The rooms are great, the pool outstanding, the grounds incredible, and the staff is very friendly. The swimming lagoon is the finest one we have ever encountered! Long, partially hidden from the walkway, has a slide and hot tubs along the way.

Kauai - Hyatt Poipu

by Hexepatty about Kauai - Hyatt Poipu

$180 and up... One of the BEST architectural hotel designed in Hawaii, if not THE best. Most 'Hawaiiana' in style and design. Most decorations are purchased by local artisans and craftsman. Even the locals love and respect this hotel. You should visit and maybe eat there if you can't afford to spend the nite (It is expensive!)

Hyatt Regency in Kauai -...

by sdhc

Hyatt Regency in Kauai - fabulous!
$350/night. However, if you use frequent flyer points for your stay, you get a coupon for stay one night, get one night free (but remember, your price for one night is retail). I'd see what kind of deals they have first & compare prices before you use the coupon. Everything was perfect.

Hyatt Poipu. Taken from the Makawene sand dune cliHyatt Poipu. Taken from the Makawene sand dune cli

Hyatt Kauai

by murphy4684

My family and I will be staying at the Marriott in Kauai in May. We tried to make reservations at the Hyatt in Kauai. Do you know if we possibly use the pool at the Hyatt?

Re: Hyatt Kauai

by annk

I seriously doubt you'll be able to use the Hyatt's pool if you don't have lodging there. Which Marriott are you staying at? The one in Lihue or Poipu Beach? Both have very nice pools!

Re: Re: Hyatt Kauai

by murphy4684

Were staying at the Marriott in Poipu, Waiohai. I thought we could use the pool at the Hyatt for one day. Maybe we could just use it without saying anything at the desk?

Re: Re: Hyatt Kauai

by annk

We stayed at the Hyatt ages ago and I thought we may have had to wear some sort of wrist band indicating you're a customer. You can't get beach towels without presenting your room key so if you go there with different colored towels they'll spot you.

The Marriott in Poipu is brand new and has a very nice winding pool similar to the Hyatt's but not as big. You'll be at a better beach too. There's great swimming and snorkeling in front of the Marriott. The Hyatt is not on a swimmable beach. The only people that venture out are the advanced surfers and boogie-boarders.

Re: Hyatt Kauai

by risamay

I tried to sneak into the Hyatt Poipu pool area on Kauai once upon a time... I hadn't got in more than 20 minutes of sun and fun before a pool policeman asked to see my room key and then kicked me out. Well, onto the beach. It was the "other" colored towel that gave me away, as the previous poster indicated. They ain't havin' it. It's not worth the effort. I haven't seen the new Mariott Poipu, but my advice is to just enjoy the pool there and the beach. And there are far nicer beaches on the other side of the island!

Cheers,
Marisa (and Dino)

RE: Hyatt Kauai

by JulesTwo

Why would you want to use the Hyatt pool? The pool at the Marriott in Kauai is quite nice. Have a great time in Kauai. It is a wonderful place to visit!!
Julie