2249 Poipu Rd, Poipu, Hawaii, 96756, United States

Marriott.com Travelocity Expedia.com

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Marriott Vacation Club

Just down the beach from Poipu is the Marriott Vacation Club, otherwise known as Marriott’s Waiohai Beach Club. It is walking distance to Poipu Beach and offers several amenities to hotel guests such as a beautiful pool, pool bar and restaurant. There are also BBQs for hotel guests to use and kitchens in the rooms. Overnight parking is $10 a day for hotel guests.

More about Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club

Great Vacation Club

by RobynOT about Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club

Loved it!

We stayed in a room facing the parking lot, and it was still great!

The room was a huge 2 room suite with plenty of space for 2 couples. There was also a pull out couch, so you could easily sleep more people if you wanted.

Everyone we spoke with there had a membership to that particular vacation club - from what we gathered it is hard to get a room there - you have to book early!

They have great pools, and a ton of on site services - including renting snorkel gear, etc. There are a ton of common areas/places to grill, play cards, relax. And since it's a time share, you can bring food anywhere with you on the property and they don't give you a hard time, since you're an owner - but - if you want to order food poolside you can do that as well.

The only annoying part of the trip were the people wandering around trying to get you to buy another week :) Great pool, beautiful beach, wonderful views. Great ambiance overall!

Loved the Waiohai

I stayed just before Easter. This was my first visit to to a Marriott timeshare. My family and I were very impressed with the resort. The location is excellent. Staff was friendly and eager to please. This is an outstanding resort - I hope Marriott maintains it.

Great deal

by TripAdvisor Member Anonymus

We just came back from 5 nights at the Marriott Waiohai Beach Club. The location is amazing. The grounds were beautiful and the beach to die for! We opted for a standard hotel room instead of the villas. The rooms were nice, but not luxurious. They were clean and spacious - everything you would expect for the price. Right now they are still offering construction prices which are a great deal. The resort is finished, although they are still constructing several more vacation units. The location of this resort makes this place an amazing stay! I would recommend it to anyone.

Eight Great Days

by TripAdvisor Member Joey965

Just got back from an eight day stay on Kauai at the beautiful Waiohai Beach Club. Actually we were scheduled to go to Maui for the last 4 days, but we were so completely satisfied and happy that we never went. This is a beautiful hotel on fabulous Poipu Beach. The 2 bedroom condo is huge with a complete kitchen, washer& dryer, 3 televisions, VCR's with free videos available at the desk, FIVE FEATHER pillows on each of the very comfortable beds,2 pools, lawn area with chairs perched over the beach, pool bar, luncheon grill and small store at the Market, barbeque grills, etc. etc. Get the picture? This place is wonderful and the location can't be beat. We even asked for late check-out and got it. I would highly recommend you stay here on your next visit.

Great place for family

by TripAdvisor Member jstevens2000

This place is the only place you will need in Kauai. The rooms are huge(2bedroom 2 bath villas) that have everything you'll need for your week stay. cooking is done in the fully equiped kitchen with a microwave so we saved every day 50 bucks just on breakfast. so buy your food and put it in the full size fridge and you are set. by the way many hotels charge you for a (empty) fridge!
all are air conditioned, i know it sounds corny, but some if not most condos on kauai are NOT air conditioned!I went around to 3 of them near the Marriott and none were!
the grounds are beautiful and the pools are nice, a little shallow for adults, but still very nice! plenty of hot tubs and gas grills around the property.
Right on the beach! parking was easy and free! also the onsite restaurant was very tasty and affordable! please Marriott do not change this into a overpriced eating establishment as it fits the owners and renters very well, great service from Mark!
if you are looking for a wild theme filled bar go elsewhere this is a place to relax and that is why you vacation anyway right?
I know it's brand new and still very polished, but trust me this place has no downside. we were not looking for a circus resort type atmosphere.
ok time share presentations. no i was not pressured into taking one, i did and I was pleased with the presentation, i did get a $75 certificate to use and it was nice, however i did not feel that i had to "buy or die!"
Kauai has many things to do and we did them all from this great location. I've stayed at the Hyatt down the street and yes Hyatt has more conventions (drug companies wasting our money) Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club has no space for them (thank god) for that. Yes the Hyatt has a bigger and better pool and we love the Hyatt, but try to remember the mandatory parking and resort fee you gotta pay at the Hyatt Plus the 2nd mortgage price for food and you will not return to the Hyatt. I know we won't after staying at Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club.
No we do not work for them, but after 15 years of coming to Kauai I know what I'm talking about as far as a vacation with kids.
You will have a great time and the cost you save on food and parking you can go on a helicopter ride, another must to do. we did safari and booked them on there internet site and saved 40 bucks for the same ride everyone else gives. (pre pay). holoholo charters also was fun and if you have an entertainment book you can save 25% off total price...a big money saver for, again, the same ride all of the other companies do. in fact they all pick the exact same snorkel spot so save some money with that coupon.
ok now for the cost
o/v goes for $330 a night (hyatt $450)
garden will set ya back $280, "cheap" it aint, but for a right on the ocean property with a great beach that is the standard price in Hawaii. for all of the space you have in the room (it sleeps 8 very easy) bring 2 families and split the cost it's cheaper than Disney!
2.50 gallon of gas
6 bucks for gallon of milk
have fun!

Absolutely the best place we've ever stayed!

by TripAdvisor Member wolverine80

Many of my friends and co-workers consider me a connoiseur of travel and hotels. So naturally I have a reputation to live up to when I go on vacation! After going to many places around the world, I can honestly say that the Waiohai is the best place my wife and I have ever stayed!

We love NICE rooms with plenty of space and that's what we got. We split the 2-bedroom villa with our best friends. Each couple had their own private bedroom and bathroom. We also enjoyed the beautifully appointed living room and kitchen. Of course, we did morning meals in the hotel, then went to Roy's / Duke's, etc... for dinner.

The grounds on the premisis are gorgeous and right on the beach! We stayed outside playing cards one night under the glow of the many torches they have burning. The FOUR pools are all warm and the hot tubs are the perfect temp.

We didn't eat at the restaurant, so I can't comment about that. The Marketplace was pricey, but so what- everything in Hawaii seems pricey:)

This place stands alone at the top of the Kauai hotel heap. Yes, the Hyatt seems nice (especially the incredible Sunday brunch), but it's overpriced. At the Waiohai, you get the beautiful grounds and a HUGE room! Let me just put it this way: one day my wife and her friend stayed at the pool area for 11 hours straight...without even coming to the room! Yeah, there's no better place than the Waiohai beach club!

I'm totally confuses.........

by TripAdvisor Member reallyirish

Back in l981/82 (over Christmas) we stayed in the Poipu Beach Hotel, and spent much time in the hotel next door called the Waiohai Hotel. This was brand new, and one huge tower - we also stayed there enjoying the fabulous new year's day breakfast and all the trimmings. Pools and poolbar were great (esp for our young son). The two hotels worked side by side, where each hotel could be interchangeably used (facilities that is) by all guests staying in the hotels. I have been confused listening to these emails as though the Waiohai is a new hotel - did the "old" one of l981/82 get destroyed in the storm like the Poipu Beach hotel? The Waiohai was top notch, excellent in every which way, and extremely expensive to stay in - I believe the top floors, at that time, were approx $600 plus per night and it definitely was a luxury hotel, and not a time sharing unit. Hate to see it go that way if it is the same hotel - which I doubt from the descriptions. Facing the ocean it was to the left of the Poipu Beach Hotel, which I happily hear is being rebuilt!! That was one fabulous hotel and I intend to go back and enjoy its hospitality again!!

Stay here if you can!!!

We just returned from 5 nights(MAY 17-22, 2004) at the Waiohai and give it 5 stars as a resort. The staff are great. All the condos are two bedrooms, two baths with kitchen and living room. The views were fantastic. You can walk out to Poipu Beach and swim, surf, or snorkel. You can rent the snorkel gear onsite from Total Blue next to the bar. It is actually cheaper or the same as Snorkel Bob's place. We went on the time share presentation and it was very low key with no pressure and they gave us a credit of $100.00 towards our bill. We recommend this resort to anyone. IT WAS A WONDERFUL PLACE!!! There was no construction noise!

Kauai 2008

by RobynOT

"Fun in Kauai!"

We stayed at the Marriott Waiohai - which had a great location and amenities. It's located in Poipu on the beach, and has great pools, rooms and a fantastic beach.
My favorite activites were kayaking, snorkeling, ziplining, rope swinging...and laying on the beach.
I love Kauai! (Almost as much as Maui).

Traveling with children

by Royal63

Looking for condo ideas near or on a safe beach for children, with activities for them also. (ages 8 & 10) Thank you.

by YVRDave

Check in Poipu. Not many condos have many kids things. You may want to look at the Embassy Suites Resort in Poipu

RE: RE: Traveling with children

by Jamesr3939

I agree, we were there a couple of year ago and that is a great location with a nice beach and lots within walking distance.

by HarmoniousBotch

I also recommend Poipu. When I was there there were lots of children underfoot.

The main road into Poipu goes through Koloa. There is a reasonably priced Italian restaurant in Koloa called Pizzetta that had a kid's menu, and cats roaming about the dining area to amuse both kids and adults.

by cnilson

I would definitely agree that you want to stay on the south shore of the island - Poipu is a great area, and the beach is nice and sheltered. It's very safe for kids to swim, no concern with undertow or strong currents.

The Marriott Waiohai Beach Club is a timeshare resort that has one and two bedroom condos available for rent, they also have a kids club (Keiki Club) that has regularly scheduled kids activities for kids ages 5 and up. Their website is http://www.vacationclub.com

They have a great beach and a very nice pool area - there are always tons of kids around. We're owners there but every time we go we meet people who are renting a unit - you can rent just like you would a hotel or other condo.

Comments