3445 Wilcox Rd, Kalapki Beach, Lihue, Hawaii, 96766, United States
Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Garden Island Inn

Nice location

by spitball about Garden Island Inn & Hotel

So nice to sleep in a proper bed again, plenty of hot water in the shower, there is a kitchenette sink, along with coffee maker, and small fridge. Once again, I went for this place because I needed to sleep in a proper bed.
They have a queen size mattress, nice and firm, television, a balcony with two chairs and small table, small fridge, coffee maker with packets of Kona coffee and tea, the Restaurants and shops are a very short walking distance away, so you can leave your car at the Inn.
A/C, Ceiling Fans, Daily Maid Service, Complimentary Wi-Fi, Complimentary use of beach gear, ice chests and golf clubs, all rooms and balconies are smoke-free.
Kalapaki Bay has a wide variety of beach and water activities which include, swimming, surfing, kayaking, deep sea fishing, windsurfing, sailing or sunbathing.
There are 21 newly renovated light, bright rooms. The artwork is by a local from Hanapepe

Eco-Friendly

by anticarley about Garden Island Inn

Located only minutes from the airport, I highly recommend this gem. After talking to the owner (who was more than helpful and friendly) we got a cute little room on the ground floor. We didn't have air conditioning but it is available. There was a little counter in the back of the room with a sink, microwave, and a coffeemaker. There was also a fridge underneath the counter and 2 garbage bins, one for recyclables and one for non. The bathroom was quite nice for its small size, with a sink, a counter and long mirror, and a tiled shower (no bath). This was his most modest priced available room, but you can choose to stay in one of the Orchid Suites.The rooms are all non smoking, but there is a garden area with some chairs and a bench where smoking is allowed. Kalapaki Beach is located across the street. There is also a little marketplace behind the beach with maybe 15 or so shops and eateries. A little ways down the road, there is also a mall. I would recommend this hotel to any and everyone.
In the hotel lobby, there is a koi pond that goes through the wall to the outside. Very nice touch. The hotel also offers free use of beach towels, boogie boards, ect. to its guests. The most unique thing about the hotel is how eco-friendly it is. Not only was there the recyclables bin, but there were also notes about saving electricity by turning off lights and tv, and one in the bathroom suggesting to reuse your towels to save the island from water waste. Being an environmental protector myself, I really enjoyed that a hotel would suggest these tips to its guests.

by keehotee

Basic motel. it provides a bed and shower, but little else. Windows didn't shut all the way so the noise from neighbors was audible all night.

Garden Island Inn & HotelGarden Island Inn & Hotel

Garden Island Inn roomGarden Island Inn room

Garden Island Inn bathroomGarden Island Inn bathroom

That's the entire menuThat's the entire menu

The Garden Island Inn

by kajec5

anyone stayed here lately? How far to the beach? How much is the taxi fare from airport?

Re: The Garden Island Inn

by trvlrtom

I and several thousand others have been to Kauai recently. The distance to the beach depends on where you are starting from and which beach you are going to. Same for the taxi fare. There are beaches close to the airport, both going north and south.

Re: The Garden Island Inn

by travelgourmet

Kauai Taxis charge a state regulated $3.00 for the meter drop and $3.00 for each additional mile. The Garden Island Inn is about 4 miles from Lihue Airport. The beach is a short walk, not far at all.

Poipu or Kapa'a? Where to stay.......

by oregongirl78

Hello,

We will be in Kauai for 4 nights and we are debating between Poipu and Kapa'a.
We would like to stay in an area where we can walk to a swimming beach.
Of course we would prefer something oceanfront, if possible on a budget of $150 (we may be dreaming!)
Any suggestions?

by tracys2cents

www.kauaivacationrentals.com

www.kauaisandshotel.com (budget, drab, but right at the beach!)

by JBAlcott

Went to the Big Island a couple of years ago and rented 2 different houses. Someone has already responded to a website for you to try but also try vrbo.com they also have great condo rentals. I am sure between these websites you will find some great deals.

Toni

by madamx

Try the Garden Island Inn, nice rooms on a budget.

You get ocean views, and it's across the street from a great beach.

You can look around www.tripadvisor.com for reviews, they are quite favorable.

by YVRDave

The waves at beaches in Kapaa can be quite rough. Poipu is drier but more expensive for a beachfront unit but less expensive in the complex back from the beach. Kauivacations.com is a good place but also look at the Kaihuna Plantation http://www.outrigger.com/hotels_brochures.aspx?hotel=22

by KauaiFinn

For this time of the year, i cannot imagine anyone in their right mind NOT staying on the North Shore of Kauai (the most beautiful side of the island).

But, then again: If you prefer to stay where the traffic jams and tourist sites are, then you are better off in Kapaa or Poipu.

Aloha from Hanalei! No ka Oi!!!!!!!!!
Jaana

by Neesie

I am so glad that you LOVE the North Shore. My husband and I have never been to Hawaii and we will be staying in Princeville, Jan. 2006. I am so excited! We are not much for "night-life" if you mean noisy bars & bands. What we really want to do is see spectacular scenery, maybe spot a whale and take a catamaran trip up the Na Pali coast. We never get tired of walking the beach. Keep in my mind we are coming from Minnesota (in January) so ANYWHERE is going to be an improvement. But I'm so happy it's Kauai!

Travel Tips for Lihue

My Kauai Page

by derats

The island of Kauai is a very special place for me, it was here that I spent my honeymoon. We stay on the north shore at Tunnels Beach in a private home. We spent our days enjoying the incredible beauty which is Kauai.
We have been lucky enough to be able to return to this island many times. Like an old friend, Kauai gets better with each visit. New adventures tke us to new places, and at the same time we rediscover with deeper affection what we have loved in the past.

Comments