4331 Kauai Beach Dr, Lihue, Hawaii, 96766-9158, United States

Kauai Beach Resort
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Excellent Lihue Hotel

I have stayed here many times. It used to be a Radisson Resort, but in Nov 2006 became a Hilton property. It is very comfortable, with nice amenities. It is not as nice as the Marriot at Nawiliwili (at which I have also stayed many times), but costs about half as much to stay. Given my choice, I'd stay at the Hilton. You can rent a car and have dinner anywhere on the island for the daily price differential. If you don't have a car, there is a shuttle, but the hotel is a few miles out of Lihue. You need a car if you want to get into town or see the rest of the island.

The hotel is very nicely landscaped, the grounds and pool are immaculate. There is a good restaurant, and a decent bar. You can find cheaper hotels on the island, but if you plan on spending any time at the hotel, this hotel is the best compromise between luxury and cost. There are several hotels that are far more luxurious at two or three times the price, or you can find hotels that are somewhat cheaper but without any amenities.

My only complaint is the internet access. It is wireless, and generally doesn't work if you are not in the bar/lobby or in a room very close to the lobby. Other than that, I have had many wonderful times there.

Unique Quality: The driveway into the facility is beautiful. The pools are very nice. Right on the beach, great place to just chill out.

Directions: As you leave Lihue airport (LIH) turn right and continue for about 4 miles. Turn right at the Hilton Kauai Beach Resort sign with the Hilton flag and drive up to the lobby. Free valet parking.

• There are many, many places to...

There are many, many places to stay, including hotels, timeshare condos, resorts, and small motels. Your choice would be dictated by where you want to stay (which part of the island), your price range, and how much 'luxury' you want.

In Lihue, the Kauai Beach Resort is a nice hotel located about 5 minutes north of the airport. It is located near the shoreline, and access is from the highway via a private driveway, so there are no other developments nearby (other than condos).

Directly adjacent to the airport is a resort/ timeshare hotel, that used to be the Hyatt, then the Marriott. It is quite nice, and very centrally located.

You can also find lodging in Princeville (far north side of the island), Kapaa (10 minutes north of the airport), and Poipu (20-30 minutes south of the airport). Princeville is a planned community town with lots of timeshare condos and the Princeville Resort Hotel (Sheraton). It is a fairly long drive, but very pretty. Kapaa is a nice compromise, with several medium to cheap hotels and timeshare condos in the 'Coconut Plantation Marketplace' area. Yes, there are lots of coconut trees there. There is the Kauai Coconut Beach Hotel, which was a Sheraton, but now I'm not sure who runs it. There are several other smaller hotels in the immediate area, but I haven't stayed there so I can't attest to them. Between Kapaa and Lihue, the Kauai Resort is located just south of the Wailua River. It's an older hotel, but affordable.

Poipu is a resort area on the south shore part of the island. There are a couple of large hotels, lots of condos and timeshares, and resort type activities (tennis, golf, etc.) The range of prices fall from high to moderate for that area.

If you want to get away, Waimea Plantation Cottages are restored plantation houses. I've heard good things about this place, but I haven't stayed there. It's located in Waimea, on the south-west side of the island.

For a real adventure, try to get reservations at Koke'e Lodge (pronounced 'coe - KAY - eh'). This facility is a series of cabins managed by a company. It's located high in the mountains, where the air is thin and the cabins have fireplaces.

Unique Quality: Each has their own charm. Princeville is a resort town, populated by people who moved to Kauai from the mainland and other parts of the world. Not a hotbed of local culture. Poipu is also a resort area, so all efforts are towards catering to the clientele. Anytime you stay in a hotel, you're not going to get much authentic local culture. You need to get out and meet people and see the sights.

Directions: If you think of the island as the face of a clock, Princeville is at 12 o'clock, Kapaa is at 2 o'clock, Lihue is at 3 o'clock, and Poipu is at 5 o'clock. Waimea is at about 6 o'clock. Koke'e is locate

More about Hilton Kauai Beach Resort

Better than I anticipated!

by GracesTrips about Hilton Kauai Beach Resort

We were on the third floor of an ocean view room for about $250 a night. The room was comfortable, the bathroom could have been a tad bigger. We had a balcony we could sit on with addtional views of the pool. I think well worth what we paid. I didn't expect too much since it looked awfully close to the airport and the main town of Lihue but actually was not. So, overall, an enjoyable stay. The hotel is right on the beach! Most amazing views at sunrise since it's on the east coast of the island. There are crabs all over the beach and the water was warm! The hotel just has one restaurant but the food was very good (expensive, too!). Breakfast for two would easily cost $25-$35. I love the fact you have a choice of potatoes or steamed rice with your omlet.

Perfect Paradise

by pamstravels about Radisson Kauai Beach Resort

When I imagine a resort, this is what I imagine. Beautiful ocean view room, dark furniture, several pools, jacuzzi, waterfalls, spa, workout facilities. Has everything. Happy hour at the pool bar between 5 - 6 with free drinks for all guests! It is wonderful to watch the whales in the ocean while meeting other travelers The staff kept those drinks flowing!!

We went to Oahu and Kauai.
...

by brdwtchr

We went to Oahu and Kauai.
In Oahu we stayed at one of the 'outrigger' hotels, the Outrigger Reef Towers. My wife's boss paid for our room so we had a room that faced the street instead of the ocean. Turned out we liked that better because the street out front led to the public beach access and there were lots of people going back and forth all the time. We would sit on our balcony and enjoy people watching when we were worn out from sight seeing.
In Kauai we stayed at Kauai Hilton. It had a beautiful swimming pool area and we enjoyed it. Photo is of landscape around the pool.
Can't tell you how much it cost because we had our room paid for by my wife's business.

Great resort setting in Kauai

by luv2scrap about Radisson Kauai Beach Hotel

This was a great resort. We had a two queen bed room since our son was with us, but there were also condo-type rooms. There were five pools (one salt-water) and spa in a beautiful setting in the center of the resort. There is also a full service spa on site. I enjoyed a hour long massage while we were there. At the pool are there is a snack bar and bar both (with umbrella covered tables) pool side. Service people come around to the tables and lounge chairs to take orders for drinks and food. The food was great, my favorite was the coconut shrimp. Nightly there is a hula show with a torch lighting ceremony and happy hour with free drinks. There is also a sundry and water toy rental area near the pools. There is a very nice resturant on site too. We ate breakfast there once and my son ate there late at night after the snack bar had closed. The resort also offers a on-site luau. We went to it but it was kinda strange to attend a luau that was held mostly indoors (the fire dance was held outside on the front lawn of the resort. The one thing that was disappointing about the resort was the small beach, but I would stay here again.

Radisson Kauai Beach ResortRadisson Kauai Beach Resort

Poolside bar Radisson Kauai Beach ResortPoolside bar Radisson Kauai Beach Resort

Radisson Kauai Beach HotelRadisson Kauai Beach Hotel

Lobby Radisson KauaiLobby Radisson Kauai

Kauai during pregnancy

by arunrm

Hi,

My wife and I are planning to go to Kauai in Jan'09 and she will be almost 4 months pregnant then. We have been to Maui previously. We are planning on being there for a week. Pretty much a relaxing trip with light activities, sightseeing, driving around etc. Some Qs,

(i) Any suggestion on where to stay (Poipu/Princeville/Kapaa)? Not very touristy but still not very far from medical aid just in case. Looks like North receives much more rain in Jan but seems more scenic and peaceful.

(ii) I am planning to search in VRBO listings. Anywhere else to look for condos/accomodation.

(iii) Any recommendation on activities that we could do. Any not to miss attractions

(iv) Anything to be aware of or to avoid in Kauai.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Kauai during pregnancy

by travelgourmet

Stay in between the Princeville (rain) and Poipu (sun) areas for weather and for the hospital, if needed. Kapaa would be a good area and there are several hotels in the Coconut Beach area in all price ranges. The Wilcox Memorial Hospital is located in Lihue and close by to Kapaa. Kapaa also means that it would be less time to go in either direction for sight seeing.

Re: Kauai during pregnancy

by GracesTrips

When we went to Kauai last year, we stayed at the Hilton Kauai Beach Resort which is on the east shore. You can witness some great sunrises. On a map it seems very close to the airport but it's not. So, you do have that secluded feeling at the hotel. I liked that we were half way to the north shore and half way to the south shore. Have a lots of tips and pics posted from our trip if you want to check out my Kauai page.

Comments