3610 Rice St, Kalapaki Beach, Lihue, Hawaii, 96766, United States

Kauai Marriott Resort
Expedia.com Marriott.com Booking.com

• Mildew Marriott/Elevator from Hell

Every bad thing in the reviews came true for us at check-in. First thing out of the front desk person's mouth was. "Your room has no view for $50.00 per night more you can have a room with a view." I declined and told him we wanted our no view room with a king size bed. He told me no King size were available. I had a confirmation from Orbitz that said King and two double beds. I was told that was a misprint. I told him to get the manager. He took our paper and disappeared for 10 minutes, he came back all smiles and told us he had a room for us with a king size bed. It was right next to the elevator and smelled like mildew. We bought a can of lysol at walmart and sprayed daily. The elevators both of them are horrible. One night they smelled like they were burning up. It took forever to get one to open on our floor. We were on the 7th floor room 761. The day after check-in they told us they might be able to give us a better room. One was available but it was directly behind the pool rental hut. We could not see the room before hand so we stayed where we were. At least we had a balcony it overlooked the nasty roof but if you look to the left you could see the beach. That was the best thing about this room. Loved the pool and grounds. I would not stay again. There are better places than this.

Unique Quality: Pool is spectacular.

Directions: Near Airport

• tripstakepeople's Profile Photo

Perfect setting!

We stayed here on our honeymoon in April, 2010. They were renovating, but despite that, we enjoyed every aspect of what the property has to offer. It is conveniently located to the airport in Lihue, but more importantly, it's location allows you to walk off property to local restaurants and shops that surround the resort. From what I could tell, many other properties on the island are so isolated that you don't get any local flavor. The beach is great for learning to surf, and it never felt crowded. Kukui's Restaurant has open air seating and great food - try the Kalua pork nachos, Shrimp Tempura, and the Shrimp Tempura Roll. The rooms have been recently renovated with a modern feel - try to get an ocean view on a high floor. You will truly enjoy your stay here.

Unique Quality: Great pool with covered hot tubs on the outer edge (you have to swim to some of them, which is fun), private beach, excellent onsite dining.

Directions: Located just a couple of miles from the Lihue Airport, on Kalapaki Beach.

More about Marriott Kauai Resort & Beach Club

Favorite local place to stay...

by Keoni

Favorite local place to stay is with family....
Favorite hotel/resort to stay at on Oahu is Hilton Hawaiian Village..on Maui the inclusive Embassy Suites...in Kona the Hilton Waikoloa Resort or Kona Village....on Kauai the Kauai Marriott...

Luxury in Paradise

by clws about Kauai Marriott Resort And Beach Club

This is a very nice hotel! Everything you could want and more! The property is beautiful with lush flowers and plants. A huge pool, and a very nice beach. Also a few nice places to eat on the property as well. The service is excellent, the rooms very nice and roomy, and the view is beautiful. The pool is the largest on the island. The view from the ocean view and garden view are beautiful. Wonderful places to eat on site. The grounds are beautiful and lush! Has it's own beach!

Ritzy Hotel

by lesaandbill about Kauai Marriott and Beach Resort

If you like the ritzy resort experiences when you travel...this will be a great experience. It is an excellent location...and there is so much to do and see just on the resort itself...it's gorgeous. The restaurants were great...and the environment was completely relaxing and first class.

We had stayed in the Waimea Plantation Cottages for the rest of the time, which was completely different...it's just what you're looking for...

I think Kauai is the best of the islands...so you can't wrong anywhere...

Kauai Marriott

by islandgirl about Kauai Marriott

Largest swimming pool on the island. Grounds are kept beautiful with flowers, trees, birds, and the pond filled with fish and ducks.

Kauai Marriott.

by keolani about Kauai Marriott.

Largest pool in Hawaii. Hotel and grounds are as tropical as you can expect with hawaiian music piped throughout the resort.

Classy

by spitball about Kaua'i Marriott Resort & Beach Club

Description taken from their web-site:

The luxurious Kauai Marriott Resort & Beach Club combines the warmest island hospitality with the most idyllic destination. Their Kauai beach resort fronting Kalapaki Bay offers a wide variety of recreational activities, a superior beach experience and a pair of championship golf courses at the adjacent Kauai Lagoons Golf Club.

Guests will enjoy one of the largest family-friendly pools in Hawaii and the spacious rooms, most of which offer spectacular views and feature a balcony, in-room safe and air conditioning.

Wedding and honeymoon couples have long favored Kauai resorts for romantic getaways, and will find the most unique oceanfront dining experiences on Kauai, stunning wedding backdrops, spa services and much more. This hotel is nonsmoking
Kauai resort hotel on 800 acres fronting Kalapaki Bay, offering a superior beach vacation experience
Featuring one of the largest family-friendly pools in Hawaii, plus two championship golf courses
The most unique oceanfront dining options on Kauai, with five open-air restaurants

On-site parking, fee: 7 USD daily
Valet parking, fee: 10 USD daily

Deals at this Hotel

Hawaiian Sand Dollar Package
Paradise Plus - Room with a View and Breakfast or Rental Car Too!
All rooms feature new luxury hotel bedding - down comforters, fluffier pillows, designer duvets
Guest room types and views include Garden View, Pool View, Partial Ocean View and Ocean View
King suites offer two lanais & spectacular views; Vice Presidential and Presidential Suite available
High-speed Internet access, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, refrigerator, safe
His-and-her robes and slippers in all rooms, plus in-room Kauai coffee service
Swimming pool centrally located providing easy access to all rooms

Elegant resort

Stayed here 3 night 3/04. Loved the Kauai Marriott. The resort is beautiful. Their pool is the largest on the island and absolutely gorgeous (cold though which is harder to deal with in March, than it probably would be when it gets even warmer out). The breakfast buffet is delicious, especially sitting there in the open air close by the pool. We had all 3 dinners at Duke's Barefoot Bar. Great steaks for a very reasonable price. (Upstairs Duke's much fancier and more expensive. The only shortcoming is that it is located on a small bay, rather than the wide open ocean, but that is the way Kauai folks want it (leaving beaches all open. Loved the whole island - much more subdued than Oahu's Waikiki Beach. We were celebrating our 25th, but the younger crowd may not be as enthusuastic about the Marriott, as it is very quiet and laid back. The bars are even quiet and not many folks walking around the resort in the evening. (we enjoyed the late night strolls and the solitude). Will definitely return.

Wow!

by TripAdvisor Member Pattie-2004

Wow, for lack of a better word! My husband and I stayed at the Kauai Marriott in Lihue from Feb 23-28. We couldn't have made a better choice. Originally we had booked at the Kauai Sheraton, but after reading many reviews regarding the "garden wing"(which we had booked), we decided to cancel. When I called to cancel, they asked me for a reason. I was honest with them and told them I had read too many bad reviews about their "garden wing" and I was very worried about staying there. She wasn't concerned in the least. We loved the Marriott. Our room was lovely. We got an upgrade to a partial ocean view upon check-in. The bed in our room, and I am sure all the rooms must have the same type, was to die for! I called the front desk to inquire about the manufacturer. I was told it is a company by the name of Jameson. (did a Google search when I got home and found it). I have never know comfort like this! We always thought we loved our bed here at home, but once you sleep at the Kauai Marriott,nothing is as good! The pool here is gorgeous. The entire pool is 4ft. deep. The entire pool area is awesome. Kauai is packed with things to discover. We had the Kauai Revealed book and never closed it! We didn't eat at the hotel, because we were too busy eating at places in the book! Duane's Ono Charburgers, just north of Kapaa, is a must. Splurge and have a Marionberry shake with a burger. The Ono Family restuarant in Kapaa is great for breakfast! Try any of their eggs Benedict varieties. Roosters and chickens are everywhere running loose on Kauai! We found out why. The story is: In 1992 when hurricane Inikiki(sp) hit, all of the coops were damaged and opened. The chickens and roosters ran free, and have no doubt multiplied ever since! They are actually very amusing and colorful. Waimea Canyon is beautiful. The Princeville/Hanalei area is also. In Waimea, on your way to the canyon, stop at Auntie Lilikoi's. She has many, many food products all made from Passion Fruit. They have samples of everything so you can taste before you buy. Across the strret from Aunties is a shrimp place we ate at. Order at the window and eat at a picnic table. They have many kinds of shrimp. We loved it. My Kauai book says Kona coffee is best bought on the Big Island, so we didn't buy coffee on Kauai. On our own, we did hunt down many, many beaches where movies have been filmed. What a fun day we had. If you feel the urge to shop, the Coconut Marketplace in Kapaa is great....many shops and places to eat. I cannot stress enough to buy the Kauai Revealed book. It is so worth it! Loved Kauai! Oh, and Hanapepe also has some nice shops. I bought a wooden "rooster" at a place called The Banana Patch. Couldn't leave Kauai without a rooster!

"Garden's of the Kauai Marriott""Garden's of the Kauai Marriott"

Grand Hyatt Kuai vs. Kauai Marriott?

by swdke

Can someone help me with information regarding the Grand Hyatt Kuai vs. Kauai Marriott? Pros/Cons, preferences? Thank you.

RE: Grand Hyatt Kuai vs. Kauai Marriott?

by YVRDave

Go with the Hyatt. The Marriott is a beautiful complex but I find the water less appealing. you look out at a shipping port.

Comments