1870 Ho'one Road, Poipu Beach, Poipu, Hawaii, 96756, United States

Hotels.com Travelocity Booking.com

• Kauaigrl00's Profile Photo

Beautiful Condo with killer views

Unit 833 must have the best panoramic views at Nihi Kai. Not just the ocean but the inland mountains too. It’s got a unique location, on the top floor, end unit, lanai open on the side. Building 8 sits up high and on a clear day you see all the way to Niihau and you have a view of the gorgeous mountains in the center of the island. I was content staying on the lanai. Even the view from the master bedroom was spectacular. Not too many places in all of Poipu can have this kind of view.
    Unit 833 has been remodeled with a very nice kitchen and nice furniture. We rented it through Parrish Kauai Collection. Beautiful appliances and the kitchen was better stocked than my own. There are 2 bedrooms. One with a king sized bed and the other with two twin beds. What we really liked was that you can request to have the twin beds converted to a king sized bed. The equipment to do this is there and mgmt. will do it on request. Unit 833 was very breezy with lots of cross-ventilation and tradewinds blowing straight through. It opens completely on both sides with 2 huge lanais and patio doors on each side allowing the tradewinds through. We actually felt like we were in a private home with no one above us or next to us on one side and our own private staircase and landing. Oh, and high cathedral ceilings too. A bright, open and airy unit. Very cozy and home-like. We loved watching the sun rise up over the Haupu Range each day and then set over the ocean.
    We loved Nihi Kai. Management needs to work on an issue down by the pool area though. Smelled pretty bad, like a backed up septic or something. I’m glad building 8 is far enough away from that! We loved 833 and plan on returning to it every other year, on our off-years from our own timeshare. There was a problem with some carpet stains but I was told the unit is being completely recarpeted

Unique Quality: This condo has killer views of the ocean and mountains. It is recently updated with the best of furnishings and a wonderful kitchen. Very simple short walk to the beach and food. A wonderful sunset right from the lanai. More comforts than home has. I would definetly go back.

More about Nihi Kai Villas

Kauai Nihi Kai 833

by Kauaigrl00

"Nihi Kai 833"

Best part of island?

by metalroof

We're looking at a 7 - 10 day visit to Kauai this summer. My wife, myself and our 11 year old son. Not sure what part of island to stay on. We are looking to relax but also want to be near restaurants, etc. Were originally looking at Kapaa or Lihue. Want to avoid traffic congestion as well. Any suggestions as to what shore / town we should stay in? Thanks.

by travelgourmet

The warm beaches and Waimea Canyon is the Poipu Beach area. Hanalei Bay may have a little more rain but the tropical beauty makes up for it. Both are about the same distance to the Wailua River area. See website:http://www.kauaidiscovery.com/kauai/

by Kauaigrl00

I just returned from a trip to Kauai with my daughter. We have been traveling to Kauai for 15 years now and this was the best trip ever. We stayed in Poipu at Nihi Kai 833. We also have a timeshare at the Point at Poipu. Personally, I love Nihi Kai the best. It was like home. Everything was perfect in the condo. We rented through Parrish Kauai ( http://www.parrishkauai.com/kauai-condos/NK833.html ) To us this condo was better than our own home. The view was to die for and updated to the max. Beautiful kitchen, beautiful furnishings, I couldn't really find anything wrong with it. Easy walk to the beach every morning. Here are some pictures of our trip: http://picasaweb.google.com/banas.poipugirl.emma/Kauai2009# We will be back, unfortunetly we will be staying at the Point at Poipu in Feb. but on our off years I will stay at Nihi Kai! :)

by trvlrtom

Opinions vary. I've stayed on the south side (Poipu), the east side (Kapaa) and the north (Princeville).
The north is often wetter, but not too bad in the summer. There are a few decent restaurants in Hanalei, but there aren't accommodations to speak of in town. Princeville is a resort and condo area and you have to drive to town, but it is only 5 minutes.
Kapaa and Lihue get congested with traffic, but there are plenty of restaurants. The beaches are pretty on this side, but pretty rough waves.
The Poipu area is warmer and sunnier, but often gets crowded. The beaches are very pretty but small. It is, however, closer to really good beaches further to the west.
Any Kauai guidebook will give more info on the attributes of the different parts of the island. We took "The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook" with us last February and found it very useful.

Comments