1941 Poipu Rd, Poipu, Hawaii, 96756, United States

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

• velfaires's Profile Photo

A hidden gem on Kauai

The Villas at Poipu Kai is the best kept secret on Kauai. The villa we stayed in was simply amazing. It was extremely well-appointed, from the very large flat screen tv's & dvd player, brand-new washer & dryer to the gourmet kitchen that contained every amenity you could possibly ask for. Anything you could think of in a kitchen was available - there was even a pressure cooker!

There was ample space spread out across the villa: a large living & dining room, entryway, island kitchen, outdoor lanai, 3 very spacious bedrooms, and 3 marble bathrooms with massaging showerheads! The main bedroom also had a walkin entryway leading to an exquisite bathtub with generous space for 2! It seemed like no expense was spared in the unit itself.

From our living room and directly in front of our lanai was a private pond with a gorgeous waterfall... Breakfast out there each morning with the sounds of birds, water, the scenery... truly an incredible experience!

And the villas themselves are a 2 minute walk to the tennis courts and only a 4 minute walk to Poipu Beach! The walk itself was appreciated by all of us as the grounds were expertly maintained (highlights being gorgeous birds of paradise flowers, banana trees, swaying palms!).

I almost forgot the pool and jacuzzi (with its own waterfall), 2 5-burner gas grills and a very relaxed setting to enjoy a private, sunset dinner with the family!

If you ever come to Kauai, the Villas at Poipu Kai is the place to be!

• A home away from home

I stayed in the Sugar Mill Cottage number 3 at the Poi-pu Kai Resort. It is managed by Suite Paradise.

This place is a great bargain for a traveler on a budget (ie me). It has everything you need including: wi-fi, a porch with furniture, a kitchen with a skillet, blender, toaster, microwave, mini fridge, sink, utensils, soap, pots and dishes; linens, towels, beach towels, soap, laundry, detergent, laundry facilities, ironing board, iron, pool. dinette, grill, A/C, TV, DVD player, bed and covered parking. It felt like a home away from home. I may be on a budget, but I wasn't suffering.

The neighborhood was quite. I never even heard a rooster the whole time we were there. It is close to the Hyatt, two beaches, several restaurants and Koloa which is a town that had a grocery store, shops and restaurants. It was a great location.

The service was adequate. When we had a problem, they promptly solved it. Our only problems were being locked out and a mattress pad that popped up in the middle of the night.

I loved having the dryer available every night.

I would definitely recommend this place.

• A great condo on Kauai

I took my family to this condo for two weeks in August of 2004 to celebrate 20 years of wedded bliss with my petite red-headed passion flower. We brought our 16 year old son. This 1800 square foot condo with two stories exceeded our expectations. Fully furnished and with stocked kitchen, our lanai had a garden view that couldn't be beat.

Unique Quality: Walking didstance to Brenneckes beach and Brennekes Deli, used the gas BBQ every night, located on south shore in Poipu away from the hustle and bustle.

Directions: South Shore of Kauai

More about Poipu Kai Resort

The Regency at Poipu Kai...

by Avryle

The Regency at Poipu Kai condos
I have no clue to what prices are like around the island. We were lent the condo for free from a friend, but she usually rents it out between $1300-1600 a week. Seemed well worth the price though. 2 bedroom/2 bath condo with sunken living room, 2 patios, large kitchen, fully equiped. Pool, spa and BBQ's. Short walk to the beach.

Grantham Resorts Poipu Sands

Stayed at the 2b/2ba unit rented by Grantham Resorts. It was a nice unit, though rather spartan for ammenities. No salt, pepper, nothing in the kitchen at all but WalMart quality cooking ammenities, etc. At least the kitchen appliances all worked. The ceiling fan in the master b/r was broken and needed to be replaced (which it was, after a few phone calls). When I called to ask for some cleaning supplies (place drimy due to the salt spray), 2 housekeepers came and wiped the place down (no charge).

The unit was a 5 minute walk to Shipwreck beach and a 5 minute drive to Poipu Beach Park ( a great beach for families as it is a protected cove, Shipwreck is 'groovy, gnarly waves', as spoken by a local. Fun to see people jumping off the cliff by the Hyatt! Great views of the sunrises from the very wide lanai.

All in all, I would feel comfortable recommending Grantham Resorts to handle your booking arrangements. They were helpful and the price was right.

Manualoha Condo Through Sunspots - Wonderful!!

by TripAdvisor Member SusanA

My husband and I and another couple spent a wonderful week in a condo in the Manualoha compex at the Poipu Kai Resort the last week in September 2004. The rental was through Sunspots in Seattle. The condo was amazing - spacious, a beautiful view, lovely furnishings and all amenities, wonderful artwork on the walls, and very clean and updated. The Poipu Kai grounds were beautifully kept, with flowers everywhere. We were about 200 yards from a gorgeous beach and used the pool and the ocean equally. We couldn't have been more pleased - it was a perfect anniversary celebration for both couples.

Serenely quiet, lush, green and beautiful

Our trip to Poipu Beach on Kauai was part of our 25th wedding anniversary trip through 4 of the Hawaiian Islands. We had booked a 2-night stay (1-br/1ba ov dlx room) at Poipu Kai Resort (PKR) following a very noisy 4 nights in downtown Lahaina on Maui. Upon our arrival at PKR, the grounds that greeted us were not only serenely quiet but lush, green and beautiful as well. We were given a unit (624) in the Kahala section of the resort that was mainly made up of 2-story condo-style units with 1 free parking space per unit located at the rear of the unit. The unit has an exterior side entrance on the lower level with a small foyer/closet area and steps leading up to the main living space. The unit is large and absolutely gorgeous. It spans lengthwise from the parking lot (rear) to the grounds (front) and faces the ocean in the distance. It is tastefully furnished with beach-style furniture in light and airy colors with 2 separate balconies and large windows for cross breezes. The front half includes a well-equipped kitchen, dining and living (w/balcony) rooms with TV, stereo and sitting area. The hallway that leads to the rear has plenty of storage space including a washer/dryer and ironing board, that came in quite handy, where the unit’s bedroom (w/walk-in closet) and bathroom (with balcony) are located. Suite Paradise (the property’s renting agency) also had the unit stocked with a 2-day complementary supply of coffee, jams, wine and laundry soap, which I thought was a very nice bonus. The unit is also stocked with games, puzzles and many travel books about visiting Kauai. Unfortunately this unit is not air-conditioned, which would have helped on the morning we left (a rare no breeze to be found due to an off shore tropical storm) but between the trade winds and fans it really did manage to keep the unit quite comfortable for the 2 full days we were there. In addition, there are 3-4 pools within quick walking distance from the unit which is located about 300 yards from the ocean/beach. It’s a great place for families and everything throughout the grounds is accessible via walkways that are surround by beautiful tropical plants and flowers. There are also gas BBQ grill located close by for cooking up steaks or seafood. The idea of cooking our own meals was a treat especially after coming off 10 nights of constantly eating out. Overall we had a wonderful time on Kauai and our stay at PKR. Our only complaint is that it was only for 2 nights so of course, we’re planning a return and maybe next time we’ll bring the kids.

Had a good stay

by TripAdvisor Member jmontante

As noted from other travelers, Poipu Kai is not one complex, but about 5 or 6 spread out. We rented our unit through suite-paradise (reccomended by the ultimate kauai guidbook and others as the best agency to go through) When we got there they assigned us to the Regency Condos of Poipu Kai. (about 400 yards to beaches) Supposedly Suite Paradise only manages nicer units and has higher standards. I can only speek for our unit, which was very bright and clean. They provided nice ammenaties and it was about 10 steps to the pool. We would have liked to have been closer to the beach, but once you are there it's really not that big of a deal. (for me anyway). They do let you request certain complexes, in our case I had requested the Poipu Sands complex (right next to the hyatt and very close to the beach) They do their best but can't garantee a certain complex. Hope this helps.
I also recomend buying 'The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook' (about $15) Well worth it.
Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Perfect for our family reunion

The best resort in Poipu Beach. Our family planned a family reunion on Kauai. I am lucky enough to live here so they assigned me the task to find the resort for down in Poipu. I looked at every resort in Poipu. Poipu Kai was perfect because they have everything from cheap cottages to very upscale condos. No matter where you are in the resort you are close to a pool and the beach. The condos are updated and very clean. Suite Paradise did a great job helping me and even provided a welcome bottle of wine in the frig for all arrivals. Nice touch after a 6 hour flight. Best family reunion we ever had.!

Suite Paraidse condos are great

My family stayed at Suite Paradise this summer fro a friends referral. We consider ourselves picky. But we could not find anything to complain about. Our condo was huge very clean and modern. The location was the closest to Poipu Beach Park as possible. The kids Boogie Boarded all day and they were close enough to keep an eye on. The resort grounds were terific. We made a mistake on our dates but the polite staff worked hard to accommodate us. Plus a mai tai at check in!!

Definate the place to stay in Poipu.

Kauai budget accomodation on the beach

by NolaLou

Hi! I'm taking my 1st trip to Hawaii in March for a confrence in Honolulu. After the confrence, I plan to spend 3 1/2 days in Kauai. I hope to do some hiking and exploring, but also just relax on the beach. I will be traveling on my own, and am trying to find a nice casual b&b or hotel on the beach, where it may be possible to meet other travelers.

Does anyone have any recomendations? I've though about the Kauai Beachhouse in Kapa, but I've read mixed reviews. I don't need anything fancy, but I don't want to stay in a dump either! I'm looking at spending around $100 per night .

Also, if I book a guided hike or kayak trip, would I still need to rent a car to get around?

Thanks!

Louis

Re: Kauai budget accomodation on the beach

by JudyinPA

annk at Virtual Tourist recently bought a condo on the ocean at Kauai. They are renting to members at VT and she may be able to help you with the webb page for the condo. Try her for a place to stay. There is a pool and golf course nearby.

Judy

Re: Kauai budget accomodation on the beach

by lemonpie

Go to www.suite-paradise.com. I have rented a condo from them. Stayed at Poipu Kai Resort through them. Very happy. They have several properties and very good prices. Easy to work with. No problems at all.

You will LOVE Kauai! For an awesome dinner at sunset, go to the Beach House Restaurant. Make reservations early to get a table at sunset.

It is such an amazing Island. You won't want to leave! Flowers and waterfalls will take your breath away! You will see lots of Roosters and hear them early on the morning. :)

I have a few pictures from Kauai on my site. Have fun!

Comments