Poipu Kai Resort

See Amenities
velfaires's Profile Photo

A hidden gem on Kauai

by written on September 24, 2009

The Villas at Poipu Kai is the best kept secret on Kauai. The villa we stayed in was simply amazing. It was extremely well-appointed, from the very large flat screen tv's & dvd player, brand-new washer & dryer to the gourmet kitchen that contained every amenity you could possibly ask for. Anything you could think of in a kitchen was available - there was even a pressure cooker!

There was ample space spread out across the villa: a large living & dining room, entryway, island kitchen, outdoor lanai, 3 very spacious bedrooms, and 3 marble bathrooms with massaging showerheads! The main bedroom also had a walkin entryway leading to an exquisite bathtub with generous space for 2! It seemed like no expense was spared in the unit itself.

From our living room and directly in front of our lanai was a private pond with a gorgeous waterfall... Breakfast out there each morning with the sounds of birds, water, the scenery... truly an incredible experience!

And the villas themselves are a 2 minute walk to the tennis courts and only a 4 minute walk to Poipu Beach! The walk itself was appreciated by all of us as the grounds were expertly maintained (highlights being gorgeous birds of paradise flowers, banana trees, swaying palms!).

I almost forgot the pool and jacuzzi (with its own waterfall), 2 5-burner gas grills and a very relaxed setting to enjoy a private, sunset dinner with the family!

If you ever come to Kauai, the Villas at Poipu Kai is the place to be!

A home away from home

by written on May 18, 2009

I stayed in the Sugar Mill Cottage number 3 at the Poi-pu Kai Resort. It is managed by Suite Paradise.

This place is a great bargain for a traveler on a budget (ie me). It has everything you need including: wi-fi, a porch with furniture, a kitchen with a skillet, blender, toaster, microwave, mini fridge, sink, utensils, soap, pots and dishes; linens, towels, beach towels, soap, laundry, detergent, laundry facilities, ironing board, iron, pool. dinette, grill, A/C, TV, DVD player, bed and covered parking. It felt like a home away from home. I may be on a budget, but I wasn't suffering.

The neighborhood was quite. I never even heard a rooster the whole time we were there. It is close to the Hyatt, two beaches, several restaurants and Koloa which is a town that had a grocery store, shops and restaurants. It was a great location.

The service was adequate. When we had a problem, they promptly solved it. Our only problems were being locked out and a mattress pad that popped up in the middle of the night.

I loved having the dryer available every night.

I would definitely recommend this place.

A great condo on Kauai

by written on September 23, 2005

I took my family to this condo for two weeks in August of 2004 to celebrate 20 years of wedded bliss with my petite red-headed passion flower. We brought our 16 year old son. This 1800 square foot condo with two stories exceeded our expectations. Fully furnished and with stocked kitchen, our lanai had a garden view that couldn't be beat.

Unique Quality: Walking didstance to Brenneckes beach and Brennekes Deli, used the gas BBQ every night, located on south shore in Poipu away from the hustle and bustle.

Directions: South Shore of Kauai

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Free High Speed Internet

Poipu Travel Forum

Need advice about Poipu, Hawaii (State of)? Visit the Travel Forum for Poipu and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Poipu hotel reviews