Maui Hotels

Our Members Say

• omehes profile photo omehes
  • Reviews: 62

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Maui Seaside Hotel: Maui Seaside Hotel in convenient location

The hotel is about 2km away from the airport, almost a direct route. Easy to find on the W Kaahumanu Avenue near the Queen Kaahumanu Shopping Centre. It is right on the sandy beach, to the right is a dock where big ships and cruise liners can be visible and even heard.
It has paid parking space and a free parking area almost next to the paid one. When we arrived, the paid parking was full, but was nicely advised by the receptionist where the free parking lot is. It is only about 5 mins walk away and there was always enough space.
Our room was almost next to the beach and waves, in front of the designated quiet area. We loved the sound of the ocean, which was sometimes mixed with sounds from the ships engines but not a terrible distraction.
The room itself was a usual motel-like room with bathroom, TV and fridge. There were signs of it being old(ish), carpet slightly worn. It seemed clean and the room service would clean up everyday and change the towels whenever we left them on the floor. There were no odours or smells in the room, it was as clean as it could be given its "worness".
I loved the location, its immediate closeness to the beach. Only thing which took away from the location was the ugly heavy iron fence between the beach and the hotel grounds.
The service and receptionists were very nice and helpfully answering our questions.

Not counting the ugly fence and the nearby port with containers, it has beautiful views of the beach and ocean and the Iao valley mountains. Front of the hotel faces the busy avenue but the sounds were not heard in our room.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Whale Watching
  • Written March 19, 2014

Pool area

• cjg1 profile photo cjg1
  • Reviews: 5424

Celebrity Century: Wonderful Skye Suite

My wife and I cruised to Hawaaii in February 2013 aboard the Celebrity Century for my 40th Birthday. We chose to stay in one of the Skye Suites. I have to say I loved our room. The location, the size and the huge balcony were amazing. Century is a smaller and older ship in the Celebrity fleet but everythhing in the room was comfortable and clean.

The highlight of our trip was the butler service. Our butler took care of all of our needs aboard the ship. We had unlimited champagne, beverages, fresh flowers in the room and afternoon tea daily. Our butler even sent us dessert to the room every night as a sweet ending to the day.

The balcony for the most part really wasn't worth it until we hit the islands. The crossing from San Diego was rather rough, cold and for the most part rainy so we didn't stay outside long. Once in Hawaii we used the balcony alot; especially when passing by the Big Island at night and watching the lava flow into the ocean...that was a Wow for me. I also loved our morning in Maui; watching the humpback whales giving me a show right in front of our balcony.

The balcony was huge; we could have hosted a party for 20 people out there. It was a great place to sit back and relax. We had some amazing moments on the balcony watching the humpback whales and the lava flow at night from the Big Island.

• Written December 17, 2013

• JulieJueletha profile photo JulieJueletha
  • Reviews: 72

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Travaasa Hana (formerly known as Hotel Hana Maui): Revamped Hotel Hana Maui

Travaasa Hana (formerly known as Hotel Hana Maui) revamped, set amid rolling grass fields and palm trees above Kaihalulu Bay, Travaasa Hana says its goal is to "immerse you in the real Hawaii". The area is spectacular and the hotel has been rebuilt and modernized but prices reflect it.
There is a dining room with upscale fine dining. Room prices are from $350 single or $400 double ala carte, and from $925 double on inclusive packages, which include:
Unlimited access to its schedule of programs & activities (Adventure, Culinary, Culture, Fitness and Wellness), Bottled water & organic coffee, Snack and refreshments upon arrival, Gratuities on all packages components, Organic cotton linens, access to all resort facilities, Wi-Fi, Spacious, well-appointed accommodations, Chef-prepared breakfast, lunch and dinner daily,
All snacks and non-alcoholic beverages, and $125 resort credit per person per day, good toward spa treatments and private classes.

It was voted the "No. 1 Resort in Hawaii" in Condé Nast Traveler's 2011 Reader's Choice Awards. Travaasa Hana on Maui will fly you in on its six-seat Airbus from Kahului airport ($200 round trip) which gives a wonderful birds eye view of the island and photo opportunities.

Incredible views, as all of this area has, spa, very good but expensive food in the dining room. Rates for rooms are $350 single ala carte, more for packages. There are few room accommodations in the area so they get away with their prices.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Spa and Resort, Luxury Travel
  • Written November 29, 2013

TRAVAASA HANA

• Roadquill profile photo Roadquill
  • Reviews: 1296

Makena Beach and Golf Resort: Hangloose in Makena

Formerly the Maui Prince, the Makena Beach and Golf Resort is one place I will go back to again and again. It is just a mile or so past the Uber Resorts in Wailea such as the Four Season or Grand Wailea....but at half the price. But more important is that the resort is not all that big, yet it provides all that one would want. It is on an excellent beach. We arrived in the afternoon, and I put on my snorkle gear and there were three big green sea turtles nibbling away no more than 5 yards offshore. The staff is excellent, from the front desk, to the valet parking crew, to the barristas at the coffee place.

• Related to: Photography, Beaches, Spa and Resort
  • Written December 5, 2012
Tip Photo

View from our room in Makena

• VeronicaG profile photo VeronicaG
  • Reviews: 2098

Perfect location with ocean view: Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas

There were amenties galore at the Westin Kaanapalli Ocean View Villas--everything you might wish or need was provided at this hotel resort*. We booked a comfortable and well equipped studio, which overlooked a lovely inner garden/pool area. Our comfortably sized room held a washer and dryer, kitchenette (microwave, refrigerator and dishwasher), DVD player, soaker tub with jets, separate shower, small table and chairs and a large dresser/table for clothing, ample closet, queen size bed, full size mirror, telephone, hair dryer, bath products: shampoo, condition, body lotion and shaving/make-up mirror. Wi fi in your room can be had for a daily charge, but three computers can be used by guests in the lobby for no charge--we never found this area the least bit crowded.

A gift shop/general store offered breakfast items: scones, pastry, muffins, yogurt, cereals, dairy products and a selection of coffees/teas/beverages. Starbucks coffee/lattes could be ordered--this of course, helped with the transition from one's usual routine to vacation mode! Packaged salads, sandwiches, cheeses and other snacks could be found here, as well. Colorful beach towels, Maui t-shirts, hats, totebags, pharmaceutical items and other small souvenirs were also available. All in all, this little shop allowed us to save a great deal of time each morning. We thought the prices were moderately priced.

The Westin was situated in a quiet area along the ocean, had several pool areas for the kids and seemed very family friendly. Assorted activities were planned each day, running the gamut from making leis, to sand art to exercises and other fun things. A daily schedule of these activities was given at the time of check-in. Three restaurants were on the premises. A hotel shuttle ran regular trips to Lahaina, where you would find multiple restaurants, boutique and souvenir shops, entertainment, art galleries.

The concierges were 'at your service' and always helpful! We would be thrilled to return to the Westiln Kaanapali Ocean View Villas anytime!

*Although the rooms were pricey, every three days scheduled at the hotel brought a free night, so we enjoyed two free nights out of 8 spent there

Great family destination--several beautiful pools and play areas, quiet rooms, excellent service all around, convenient location for road trips, etc.

• Related to: Beaches, Spa and Resort, Family Travel
  • Written August 27, 2012
Tip Photo

• kharmencita profile photo kharmencita
  • Reviews: 177

Bed & Breakfast: Maui House of Fountains Hotel

I chose this HOF to stay in Maui for 6 days together with my two sisters, one niece and niece´s girlfriend. Originally we are coming from the Philippines but I live in Germany and my sisters are living in Chicago, USA. I chose this hotel because I read that the owner Daniela is originally coming from Germany who got married to a native of Hawaii, Don. They have two children and a lovely dog named Pua. The Germans are well known for their perfectionism in things like cleanliness, orderliness and correctness. Besides, I found this house a very familiar place to stay away from home because I live in Germany I feel the spirit of being at home. The staff are coming from Germany, speak English and very friendly and very helpful in many aspects and the owner as well. Since I speak the German language very well so it was not a problem for us to communicate with the house personnel.
They have 7 rooms spread out in 2 floors. We stayed in the first floor. Our room was Studio type cerca 30-40 sq. m. which is brightly arranged with traces of Hawaiian-European atmosphere, comfortable, spacious, very clean, and really big enough for the three of us, one Queen size Bed and a single bed. They have a spacious bathroom with a separate big Wardrobe room to stock all our clothing luggage and valuable things. The room was air conditioned with TV and Internet. The furnitures are made mostly out of native Hawaiian Koa Acacia Wood which add to the pleasant atmosphere of the House.
DVD player Blow-dry Radio / CD player, Internet W-LAN in the room, Bathroom with shower Balcony / terrace, Safe , Phone in the room, Ventilating fan, Alarm clock, TV, Air-conditioning.

A minimum stay of 3 nights and the Hotel is more advised for those who travel with rent a car because it is around 2 kms few minutes by car to the Lahaina and Kaanapali Beaches. Around 38 to 42 minutes by car from Kahului Airport.

A non-smoker Hotel. (But smoking on the Balcony or swimming pool is allowed)

It is not allowed to bring the street shoes inside the House. There´s a shoe cupboard outside of the entrance where you can house the street shoes.

Unfortunately for small children, they cannot provide extra facilities.

With much pleasure the guests are served in a big round table with revolving center piece where exclusive Continental Breakfast including varieties of Hawaii-German specialties like “Schokoladenbrunnen” and exotic fruits are nicely and decoratively served.

The only Hotel owner i knew that until now they communicate per E-mail with their guests sending greetings on X´mas.

The wife, Daniela is specializing Hawaiian Mana Lomi Massage. Which is also nice to combine on your holidays. Here is her Website about this:
Mobil: +49 (0) 172-675-3004
E-Mail: info@nalimahoola.de

Another unique about the Hotel, They arranges Native Hawaiian Marriages. Here´s the Address:

In general, because of many positive experience i made and also good feedbacks of the other guests, for a B&B category really an unbeatable place to stay! I absolutely recommend!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Beaches, Whale Watching
  • Written August 16, 2012

House of Fountain, Maui

• mcuriel profile photo mcuriel
  • Reviews: 58

Maui Kamaole: Kehei/Wailea Condo

Quiet condo resort. Very nice 2 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 story condo with a beautiful view of the ocean and Kamaole Beach III across the street.

• Written January 26, 2011
Tip Photo

The beautifully landscaped grounds.

• mauicowboy profile photo mauicowboy
  • Reviews: 6

Noelani Condo Resort: Great Condo

I would suggest you first of all RENT A CAR. You can get one very cheap on Priceline. I just got back from Maui and used Priceline to rent a mid-size car for $15/day! Can't beat that. As far as a place to stay, I would HIGHLY recommend the Noelani Condo Resort. It is a boutique style resort with only about 45 units on the complex. It is fantastic and very centrally located on West Maui.

Check out www.GetLostinMaui.com for info on Noelani and everything to do on Maui, or the resorts website at www.Noelani-Condo-Resort.com

Enjoy your trip!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Seniors, Family Travel
  • Written April 3, 2010

• johnfrompalatineil profile photo johnfrompalatineil
  • Reviews: 41

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sheraton Maui Resort and Spa-Ka'anapali Beach: Pu'u Keka'a (Black Rock)

Fantastic location. Nightly sunset show with cliff divers, narration and Hula Girl. Great snorkeling, almost guaranteed to see Sea Turtles. Happy hour is great. The kids were happy with the Smoothies (chocolate banana, mango, etc.) that they gave us at Happy Hour prices.

Fantastic location, great pool that has meandering lagoon. The water does not flow through the lagoon but swim at your leisure. Nice mix with the salt water beach at your doorstep.

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written August 23, 2009

• johnfrompalatineil profile photo johnfrompalatineil
  • Reviews: 41

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Maui Sunset Condominiums: Amazing Find!

I must preface this by saying that I got incredibly lucky to find such a deal!!! While having an ongoing search for a condo with a timeshare company that I won't name, initials are R.C.I., that never came to fruition, I found this 1 bedroom, 5 person occupancy deal on Ebay. I took a chance and bid on this unit for $250/week. I actually bid higher, but no need to, I won!!! Wow, one of the best deals I've ever made. This condo is on the beach side of S. Kihei Road in Kihei.

Located on the beach in Kihei, this well-maintained complex has "apartments" of various sizes. There is a mixture of permanent residents and owners who rent out their units. Units are tastefully furnished, and prices are reasonable. The barbecue grills are outstanding and cleaned thoroughly daily. I personally skipped the pool as there were just too many bodies in a small pool for my taste. Why go to the pool when beautiful beaches are nearby? The sunsets are beautiful even though you don't get to see the sun set over the horizon because the mountains on the other side of Maalea Bay block the view. The sunsets are still beautiful, please see photo.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches, Family Travel
  • Written August 23, 2009

• GracesTrips profile photo GracesTrips
  • Reviews: 1305

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua: Luxurious Accomodations

The Ritz-Carlton in Kapalua lives up to it's reputation as a top notch, classy and luxurious hotel. We didn't afford the ocean view room but our room was very nice with a view of the golf course. Very comfortable bed with plenty of pillows. Big screen TV, wireless internet, large bath tub, bath robe provided and quiet airconditioning made for an extremely pleasant stay. We had direct access to Kapalua Bay beach. The swimming pool area with several separate pool areas made for several of opportunities to find a lounge chair right at the pool's edge. Lounge chairs facing the beach in a grassy area was also very nice. Especially with the bar just off to the side. I would recommend to anyone to stay at this hotel if you can swing the price. Just 15 minutes from Lahaina and 5 minutes from Honoloa Bay where the snorkeling was amazing!

• Related to: Luxury Travel
  • Written July 22, 2009

• travelgirl91 profile photo travelgirl91
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

D/C Accomadations: Kihei, Maui terrible home rental

Just back from Maui. I wanted to warn you about the accomadations that we stayed in. We stayed in the main house at 16 Ohukai Rd, Kihei. There is no a/c in this house. The owner told me that there was no need for a/c. When we got there, we found out differently. It reached 90+ degrees in the house at times.... and this was with 4 fans running. The owner's son is the caretaker that lives below. He told us that the a/c had gone out and it was too expensive to replace.

I was also told by the owner that there wasn't a lock box or safe b/c there was no need for one. We had to keep just the screen doors pulled at night to keep from suffocating. The screens didn't have a lock...not that a screen would have kept a robber out anyway.

So heed the warning and pick somewhere else to stay. It is very disappointing to travel 12 hours to Hawaii and realize that you've been lied to about your accomadations and yet worse have to sweat to death during your stay.

Some of the beds had tiny bugs on the bedspread when we arrived. There was ALOT of gecko poop in one of the closets. There were bugs in the wash powder that they had left open in the laundry room.
The caretaker did not answer phone messages or clean the pool as we had been told he would.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Beaches, Family Travel
  • Written July 16, 2009

• biggamedave profile photo biggamedave
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Polynesian Shores: Polynesian Shores "No Kai Oi"

My family and I had the most spectacular time in Maui. Greg Salmon the owner on unit 126 at Polynesian Shores provided us with some great tips for our trip. We drove around the west side. Did a early morning sunrise at mount haleakala. We snorkeled at mile 14. We even went on a pacific whale foundation whale watch. The best thig was the Deck over the ocean. Word cannot describe this. We spent each evening down on the deck BBQing our diner and watching the sunset. We met some wonderfull people there who seem to come each year. We already booked for next Whale season. Thanks Greg

Outstanding views, Great accomidations

• Related to: Seniors, Golf, Beaches
  • Written May 12, 2009

• BonnieParty profile photo BonnieParty
  • Reviews: 1

Milowai 403: What a great view

I would recommend this unit to everyone, the owners where nice to work with, the location was great, the view was outstanding, the surf relaxing. The condo had everything we needed.
We were glad to find a place with a king size bed. They had beach towels and coolers there as well. The parking was free and was located underground so our car was cool no matter what time of day we left.

The pool is only feet from the oceans edge. Waves were crashing up on the grass. The BBQ was right at the edge as well. I dont think you could get any closer to the ocean without being in it.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Seniors, Whale Watching
  • Written April 9, 2009

• jwha profile photo jwha
  • Reviews: 29

Sheraton Maui: Sheraton Maui

Located at Black Rock on Ka'anapali Beach. You can snorkel with Turtles, Spotted Rays, Reef Shark and variety of fish.

Request a room in Building 6 --- it overlooks Black Rock cove. You can watch the sea life from your balcony.

• Related to: Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons