1.5 out of 5 stars1.5 Star

100 West Kaahumanu Avenue, Kahului, Hawaii, 96732, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 1.5 star hotels

• There are three main hotels...

There are three main hotels right in Kahului. Since this area is so close to the airport, these hotels cater to the business traveler, and local (other island) resident who doesn't want to travel all the way to Kihei or Lahaina for a place to sleep.

The Maui Seaside Hotel is the best of the three. It is a moderate hotel, with a swimming pool, small restaurant, and hotel rooms in three buildings. The first two buildings are on either side of the pool, and the other building, called 'the tower' since it is three stories tall, is located behind one of the buildings. The hotel is located 'on the water', but the shore is rocky lava, and the smell of seaweed is often quite strong. The hotel is okay for someone not expecting luxury. The local 'kamaaina' rate is $59 or lower.

The adjacent hotel is the Maui Palms, which is a basic cheap hotel. The rooms have louvered windows and no airconditioning (some do have a/c but it doesn't work well), bare sinks with no counter or cabinet in the bathroom, linoleum floors, and beds that sag visibly in the middle, even with no one on them. It's a cheap place to stay for the budget traveler.

The Maui Beach is a moderate hotel, with an above ground pool, restaurant, and 'convention' facilities, meaning they have a large dining room capable of hosting a banquet. The facilities are okay, and at times are comparable to the Maui Seaside.

Unique Quality: All three hotels are affordable, centrally located on the island, and near the airport.

Directions: All three hotels are located on Kahului Beach Road (I think), right next to each other. As you leave the airport, turn right, keeping the ocean to your right. (You'll be passing a bird refuge, home to

More about Maui Seaside Hotel

loved the Maui Seaside Hotel

I and my family stayed at the Maui Seaside Hotel, from Dec 19, to Dec 26. The grounds and area are immaculate,, very pretty, and yes its front is roughly 800 feet wide but has beautiful plants in front giving it an impression it is small,, I cant say enough for the staff,,they go beyond what most hotels do for their guest. The rooms are average for a hotel, we had plenty of room. The room had a new fan, new ac, and the walls and ceiling had been completely redone. It was Nice. Around this hotel is the largest mall in Hawaii,, walking distance too, a theater, discount stores, Burger King, Mcdonalds, Taco Bell, thrift store, all within shopping distance. In Maui, everything is spread out, so ther is no hotel that can be close to everything. Beaches are all around, so this hotle is as close as any to all the things you will want to see. I loved the big beach. I stayed a full week there and tried to stay longer but it was filled up. However, I plan on going back next Jan. and staying here again. I had to move for the last 3 days of our stay as it was filled and had to pay 270 a nite, and it wasnt any better than the Maui seaside hotel. I do have lots of pictures of the hotel,,,and if you would like to ask me anything, feel welcome,,,Bob Yates, Martin Tn. email is bobgy@msn.com

the REAL people of Hawaii

My first visit to Maui was in 2000-2001 for 13 days. The first few days I stayed at the Hyatt Regency . Nice but too high class. The staff was friendly but that was there job .
I then moved on to Maui Seaside Hotel for the remainder of my stay. I was very Happy with the change. The staff is so personable and I found the room very comfortable and CLEAN ! No marble floors (who cares) or big ocean views from your bed (get out and see it ) they do have a pool but why not get into the ocean thats what you flew 5 or more hours for. These are some reasons why Maui's best beaches are getting ruined anyway and don't complain about the expense of it all thats what the view blocking highrises are doing to Maui.
Maui Seaside is family owned and show the real Aloha spirit . I knew then if I was to ever return to Maui, this was my home away from home.
I was very fortunate to return to Maui once again in February of 2003 for another 12 days and didn't think twice as to where I was going to stay. I really enjoyed making friends with some of the staff and try to keep in touch. I await my next trip and have no question where I'll be staying.
A HUI HOU KAKOU , Brant

By plane from San Francisco or LA

by ysio

plane: from LA or San Francisco to Honolulu (Oahu), Lihue (Kauai), Kahului (Maui) or Kona and Hilo (Hawaii).
To Honolulu there are a lot of other conection from Asia, Australia and New Zeland.
Oahu island has own bus transportation system (1.5USD-one way). On other islands You have to rent a car.

Basic, comfortable and clean, basic. Did I say basic & clean?

While I am on business, I stay here at the Seaside which is central to the business district of Kahului and Wailuku. This is NOT a tourist resort hotel. The rooms are basic and clean, next to the Kahului harbour and sandy non-swimming beach. The pool and grounds are spotless and well manicured. This hotel is like staying at your grandma's house. Lot's of shopping and dining across the street, including the main shopping mall.
I feel sorry for tourists who mistakenly think this hotel to be a full-service upscale beach resort. I think the low price will clue you in.

Yes, Yes, Yes

We researched several locations in the islands. Seaside Hotels had multiple locations. We stayed in 3 of their hotels. Maui, Kona, Hilo. Each was clean, good location. Staff was helpful, complimentary meals good, locations very nice. Would return to Maui or Hilo but not Kona. Kona was clean and good locatin but one of the girls at the front desk was rude and put us in a potentially dangerous position. Our tv started to smoke. We called the front desk immediately. She seemed not to care. 10 minutes later, no one arrived. Called again. 20 minutes later someone arrived with another tv. Someone should have been at our room promptly as the tv could have caught on fire. Wrote to management about it. Never heard anything.

Hotel in need of caring management

An older hotel, originally with some thoughts for the guests. Dining room and lounge rooms spacious. However, as it is to-day, it is in need of an able person, who is people-orientated and knows how to make the place guest-friendlier. (this is where the money comes from, but the crew there right now, really does not seem to know this).
The desk staff and diningroom staff (open only at their convenience) have really no clue as how to cater to guests. Pity, it really could be a nice place if properly run.

Good Hotel for the Price

We only had a one-night reservation. Stayed there Feb. 15. They offered a free breakfast or dinner coupon, which was a nice addition. Bed and pillows were comfy and clean. No unpleasant surprises. The pool area was nice. It's not on the beach, but you have a nice view of the water. Security guard in parking area was nice because we had a stranger approach us while going to our car. The guard was there to send him away. It wasn't a scary episode or anything, but it was nice to have him around. Decent room for the price.

Good visit

by TripAdvisor Member jessiepupper

If you are looking for a nice hotel with a pool in a good location for a good price, but are not concerned with amenities, this is a a great find. We stayed here for eleven days and the view of the ocean was delightful, the staff was friendly and helpful. It was definately above average for the price.

Kahului, Maui Page

by kahiwa

Kahului is an small town on Maui that everyone goes to - the airport is located here! It is primarily residential and industrial, with the largest shopping center (Kaahumanu), a few hotels, and not much else.

Car rentals near cruise docks on Kahului?

by kirtchik

Hi everyone,

Could someone recommend car rental agencies near cruise docks in Hilo(Big Island), Kahului(Maui) and Nawiliwili (Kauai)?

Thanks so much!

RE: RE: Car rentals near cruise docks on Kahului?

by TheTravelSlut

The Kahului docks are very close to the Maui airport (OGG) and all the rental car companies are off property near the airport.

Enterprise will generally do pickups.

RE: RE: Car rentals near cruise docks on Kahului?

by kirtchik

Oh great!

Do you know how long the shuttle takes to get from airport to cruise docks?

Also, what are some good websites to look for car rental( I've never done that before on Hawaii)?

Comments