4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

The Kapalua Villas
Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• WestMaui's Profile Photo

West Maui's Best 'New Hideaway'

What's new? The Kapalua Villas have been reborn as The Kapalua Gold Villas and they're awesome. In each of the three enclaves in Kapalua Resort - Bay, Golf and Ridge Villas - the individually owned condos in Kapalua Resort's rental program have been standardized, renovated and upgraded in style with state-of-the-art appliances, granite counter tops, stainless steel fixtures, tropical wood cabinetry, island style fabrics and new tile in the extra-spacious bathrooms. These condos are huge and come with wide lanais overlooking the ocean, golf fairway or resort from a cliff - all the views are inspiring. Amenities like daily & nightly maid service, resortwide charging, free resort shuttle, preferred tee-times, 24-hour front desk make it 4-star. Bell and maid services are excellent; front desk clerks leave a little something to be desired. Whether you're a honeymoon couple or family with kids, I'd definitely recommend staying at the Villas.

Unique Quality: Each Villa complex has a swimming pool and BBQ pavilion. All are within walking distance to Kapalua Resort's great beaches. The Bay Course is right there and The Plantation Course is a shuttle ride away. Kapalua Spa (brand new) is located next door to The Bay Villas - it's amazing, relaxing, rejuvenating - all you could want in a destination spa. Merriman's Kapalua and Pineapple Grill restaurants are also in walking distance. The resort's Honolua Store and Cafe Kapalua are wonderful choices for breakfast or lunch. Kapalua Logo Shop and the Golf Pro Shops offer nice selections, and they even have a Kapalua Tennis Garden with pro shop. Adventure enthusiasts will really like the Mountain Outpost ziplines and tours; those who are adventurous-at-heart will enjoy the Pineapple Farm Tours at Kapalua Resort.

Directions: Kapalua Resort is located off Honoapi'ilani Hwy. (Route 30) in West Maui. From Lahaina Town, drive past Ka'anapali Beach Resort and Napili, and turn left onto Office Road.

More about Kapalua Villas

Maui's Best Vacation Villas

by spartan about Kapalua Villas/Maui

The Kapalua Villas is the only Maui condominium rentals with Kapalua golf and resort privileges. When we received the brochure for this location, we immediately knew that this would be the place. The scenery is beautiful (almost alpine-like) and the property is away from the tourist areas. You have your choice of spacious 1 & 2 bedroom villas in oceanfront, oceanview and fairway view units (privacy and comfort in a tropical paradise). We had a full size kitchen, large living room, 2 televisions, phones, a safe, balcony, parking space, washer/dryer and so much more.

Maui's Best Vacation Villas

by BLewJay about The Kapalua Villas

This is the only Maui condominium rental property with Kapalua golf and resort privileges (provides golf packages, complimentary tennis, access to resort beaches and charging privileges in shops and restaurants on the Kapalua Resort). Guests are treated like family, shown the true meaning of ho'okipa (hospitality) and the aloha spirit inspires them to return over and over again...I know that we will be back!!!

Each villa community offers private recreational facilities (swimming pools, barbecues and private garden areas). Please note that the resort charges a mandatory fee of $5.20/day to cover the use of phones in the rooms for local calls, an in-room safe and use of a transportation van to move around the resort. When we first saw the brochure (as well as the website for The Kapalua Villas), we knew that this would be the perfect place for our honeymoon (the picture which you see was taken from our condo). If you are seeking more than hotel lodging, you can choose from over 280 spacious 1 & 2 bedroom villas in oceanfront, oceanview and fairway view units (lots of privacy and comfort in a tropical paradise).

Our fully furnished condo (which included a private lanai, fully equipped kitchens, washer/dryers, two televisions, VCR, iron and ironing board, hairdryer and two telephones) overlooked the golf course and we had an unobstructed view of the Pacific Ocean as well as the island of Moloka'i.

Relax on the beach

by spartan

All beaches in the state of Hawaii are open to the public, so when you visit, don't forget to go swimming (always be aware of the water conditions and look for the flags!!!). We stayed at the Kapalua Villas, so had access to the goregous beaches near the Ritz-Carlton Resort.

Kapalua Heaven!

by TripAdvisor Member jgoloso

I just got back from Maui last night and had to post about our wonderful vacation.

To be honest, I was a bit nervous about staying at Kapalua Villas, because there are so many mixed reviews about this property. After spending a week there, I can't wait to go back. I would love to stay at Kapalua Villas again.

We rented through the villas, so I am not sure what the difference is if you rent through a private agency. We rented two one bedroom ocean front Bay Villas. They were lovely. Nicely decorated, clean, etc. The views are to die for. You walk right outside your patio and the ocean is right there. You can walk down some rocks (super easy) and get to the beach. It's like your own private beach. I only saw one other person on that beach while I was there. It was great. Just beautiful. Every morning, I would sit on my patio with coffee and a book or my knitting and soak up the Maui sunrise.

The pool and beaches at the Ritz are gorgeous and really easy to get to. Just call the shuttle and you are there in 5 minutes. The beach at the Ritz is nice, because you can get drinks or lunch and take them down to the beach. The pool is huge and really nice. I didn't spend much time at the pools on the property, because the beaches are so clear and beautiful. We went to the beach (sometimes 2 per day) every day and it was heaven.

The beach at the Kapalua Bay Hotel is great for snorkeling. There is are two other beaches nearby that are really nice, too. One is at Napili Bay, which is right next to Kapalua Villas. Great snorkeling and nice atmosphere. Napili Kai resort is there and you can have lunch and drinks just a few steps away. We also liked another beach just past the Ritz. You do have to drive, park and walk down some steps, but it is worth it. It is a marine preserve with a beautiful beach and great snorkeling.

The Kapalua Bay Villas were so nice. I did not see one bug or hear any loud noises. It was so serene and quiet. The wind that everyone warned about was nothing. It is a refreshing breeze, not the horrible wind that I expected. It was welcome, actually. We spent one day in Wailea and had to leave, because it was so windy. Kapalua was so much nicer. Do not hesitate to book at this resort. If you want peace, quiet and not a lot of hotel commotion, this is for you. The hotels are nice, but I really liked the privacy that the Villas provide. We had a wonderful time and will definitely be back. Having a Bay Villa was great, but if you wanted to save some $$$, the Ridge Villas have great views and are not far from the beach area, at all.

Best Vacation Ever

We recently returned from a trip to Maui and stayed in the Kapalua Villas (arranged through a travel agent). I was concerned after reading some of the reviews on this site, but I have to say our experience was great! The unit we had was pretty, clean, well-maintained, air-conditioned, comfortable and had a view to die for. We will definitely return for another vacation!

Picture perfect accomodations

Stayed at a 2 bedroom/2 bath golf villa for several nights the beginning of June. Had a tough time planning our trip because 3 generations were in tow--grandma, parents and 11 year old child and friend. Decided on Villas because we needed the extra room and were drawn to the possibility of using other resort's facilities. Needless to say, all three generations cried when it was time to leave. Our condo was gorgeous. You must spend the extra dollars for the deluxe room. A friend who met us there got a standard level ridge villa. There was no comparison. Our villa had fabulous down sofa cushions and duvets, wood flooring, large lanai accessible from both living room and bedroom with a view of the ocean, top notch appliances, etc.... We went to the Ritz pool and left after 45 minutes. No one seated us, gave us towels, or provided cool drinks. We then went to the Kapalua Bay Hotel pool--had a much better time. Took advantage of a massage by the ocean--wow. It was a truly lovely area of Maui, and the golfing was divine. If you are looking for large accomodations in which to spread out, activities for all ages and a view to die for, don't miss the Kapalua Villas.

Beautiful ocean front views

We stayed for our honeymoon from Nov 1st through November 8th. The drive from the airport takes approx 1 hour and the views getting there are great. (Spend the extra $10 a day to get a convertible, it is worth it.) The only difficulty we had was actually finding the office for checkin. I would recommend calling ahead to get directions, as the office was temporarily moved to the golf pro shop. If you are going to golf, this is the place. Three championship golf courses are on the property. Although a bit expensive, there are packages available through the office. We had a great oceanfront condo on the ground floor. (standard luxuries of home...full kitchen, washer/dryer, living room, and our patio opened up to a lawn area with the ocean approximately 20 yards below.) The kitchen allowed us to keep some breakfast items refridgerated, as well as, cook a couple of meals. The units seem to be hit or miss from the reviews, but request a newly remodeled one. Our condo provided us with the ability to wake up when we wanted without housekeeping knocking on our door, walk down to the beach (less than 1 minute), catch some rays on our beach, or use any of the facilities with room charge privelages (pools, restaurants, etc) at the Ritz Carlton and the Kapulua Bay Hotel/ The Kapulua Villas shuttle will pick you up at your doorstep to take you to either hotel. Go to Cheeseburger in Paradise simply to enjoy a great sunset and have a local Hawaiian beer. Hula Grill was great as well, (great service and an outrageous icecream sandwich dessert.) Snorkeling in Lanai is a good daytrip, and if you are with the right group, will allow you to snorkel in the middle of the ocean, as well as, spend some time on a different island.

We will definitely return to Kapalua Villas. A great experience!!

The best place to stay in Maui!!!!!!!!

I visit the islands a lot because I have family in Oahu. However, Maui is my favorite island. Kapalua is the best place to stay because it is more private, yet not too far away from the hustle and bustle of the resort areas of Kaanapali and Lahaina. We stayed on at villa at the Ridge and we had great views of the ocean and one of their award-winning golf courses. The villa has lots of windows perfect in the afternoon to let the breezes characteristic of Kapalua in. Yet, the villa was equipped with AC on both floors....just in case. From our villa, it was only a short walk down to the beach...our we simply called the Kapalua Resort shuttle to take us to any of the 3 magnificent beaches located on the resort. Also, the shuttle takes you to Kapalua Bay Hotel and the Ritz-Carlton Hotel so you could explore the hotels and eat at the yummy restaurants. Now, there is a secret of enjoying Kapalua villas...because I read some of reviews on the website before I reserved a Kapalua villa for the 1st time. RENT FROM RIDGE REALTY RENTALS. They have been in business for 20 years and offer the cleanest villas. Most of the villas they offer are newly renovated so you won't be disappointed. When I 1st reserved with them, I asked for a newly renovated villa, but I called to late and all were taken, but they gave me a villa renovated 2 years before my inquiry....and the villa was great! The kitchen was modern and well-equipped with appliances, utensils, spices...etc! Both downstairs and upstairs bathrooms were huge. The master bedroom had a huge bed and was surrounded by windows so that in the morning we just opened all the curtains and the glass sliding door to our upstairs balcony to gaze at the sun over the ocean. The employees at Ridge Realty are a phone call away 24/7 to answer any questions eagerly. If you rent a Kapalua villa through Kapalua resort, you will most likely be disappointed and be stuck with a villa whose owner doesn't take care of....but renting through ridge realty is you best bet! By the way....all for a competitive price compared to Kaanapali resort tiny hotel rooms. We went in Sept. 2004 and the villa was only $945 for one week! And to think we almost stayed at the Sheraton Maui......

"Beautiful Views, beaches, needs updating"

by TripAdvisor Member EdwardSandiego_CA

My wife and I stayed at The Villas Kapalua in October 2004. The views were wonderful, the co-use of the Ritz-Carlton and Kapalua Bay Hotel was a plus. Three beaches to choose from with the Villas beach being uncrowded, great for surfing and swimming. Snorkeling at Kapalua Bay and the Ritz.

The Plantation Restaurant at the Plantation Golf Course was the best fish we had on Maui. The small Kapalua grocery store was very convienent.

Our unit 20g5 was private and quiet, but needs all new updated kitchen cabinets and interior wood trim was badly in need of painting. Front door lock was very difficult to open and needs maintenance. There were only three hangers for clothes. The iron was worthless. Just little things that don't really cost an owner much. The wind was welcome as our unit had no a/c. Outside stairs down to unit.

We will stay at the Villas again if we can get a unit that is better maintained by a different owner. The staff was accommodating, especially Abraham.

Kapalua VillaKapalua Villa

Kauai or Hawaii condo

by dimara

Hi! We spent some time at the Kapalua Villas in Maui this year and loved Hawaii so much that we want to return soon. Could someone recommend a condo unit in Kauai or Hawaii. Is there a resort like Kapalua on either island? What we really enjoyed was the peace and quiet. Short drive to Napili was great as well. Any help welcome. Thanks.

RE: Kauai or Hawaii condo

by YVRDave

Kauai - Kaihuna Plantation
Hawaii - Muana Lani Villas

RE: RE: Kauai or Hawaii condo

by Jamesr3939

I agree with Kauai - Kaihuna Plantation we were on Kauai a few years ago and wished be had stayed there. Great location, nice grounds, great beach.

RE: RE: Kauai or Hawaii condo

by dimara

Thanks for these recommendations! It's grreat to have input from other travellers!

Comments