Aloha Maui Vista Resort

2191 South Kihei Road, Kihei, Hawaii, 96753, United States

Maui Vista Resort
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

• Maui Vista- Great Condo, Great Prices and Beach!

We stayed earlier this summer, and the condo was great- vrbo #122121. It had everything we needed for our stay. It had a lot of extras- pool and beach toys, like boogie boards, mats, pool and beach toys, also. It has a broadband internet, dvd, cd, and free long distance. The kitchen was fully stocked. It was right across the street from a really cool beach- Charley Young Beach- great for kids, with smaller waves. The beach is really pretty. The prices were good- we paid about $90/nt. for the summer.

Unique Quality: It was in a nice, central location, and you could walk or take the bus to shopping, dining or the movies. It has a nice lanai, facing the pretty grounds, with tropical bushes, and near the pool. It was a great vacation, I recommend it!

Directions: 2191 S. Kihei, in the southern part of the town.

More about Aloha Maui Vista Resort

Loved the Maui Vista

by TripAdvisor Member daveyaz

My family stayed at the Maui Vista from August 7-14 in a 2-bedroom unit. After reading many reader reviews, we booked with Maui Suncoast Realty and couldn't have been happier. Our fourth floor condo had a small kitchen, 2 bathrooms, a washer/dryer and was well decorated. The second bedroom loft had two beds and a bathroom with a shower, perfect for our two teenagers. We also had a great ocean view of Molokini and Kahoolawe from our balcony. The pool was nice, but never crowded. Although the beach is right across the street, we drove every day instead of carrying everything. Parking was never a problem. The Maui Vista also has an activities desk near the office. We booked a van trip to Hana and a luau. After spending the first five days of our vacation in hectic Waikiki, we found sunny, peaceful Maui and the Maui Vista to be perfect and would stay there again!! Our only complaint was when our vacation ended.

Don't Stay At Maui Vista

We have vacationed in Maui for several winters and Maui Vista ranks as the worst place my family has stayed. Rooms were outdated, dirty(carpets) and security was poor. While out at dinner our unit was broke into and our digital camera along with some cash was taken. All doors were locked, but the intruder removed one of the slanted glass windows and then unlocked the sliding glass door. Two days later a tenant two units over was broke into while he was sleeping, found his car keys and then preceeded to the parking lot to steal his car. What a way to remember your vaction.

Wonderful Maui Vista condo!

Our family of four spent eight days at the Maui Vista Resort in Kehei rented through Paradise Vacations in May, 2004. I was concerned because of some mixed reviews, but it was a lovely 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo and indeed we could see the ocean. The balcony had an outstanding view and it was furnished down to beach chairs, an umbrella, books, and videos. It was clean, air-conditioned and was very tastefully furnished. The condos are rented by different agencies, but Paradise Vacations exceeded my expectations from the quality of the condo to their courtesy and efficiency. I would recommend this combination as it was extremely reasonable in price as well.

Love Maui Vista!!

If you "hate" Maui Vista Resort you didn't do your vacation homework. The majority of the units, both 1 bdrm and 2bdrm ARE clean, nicely appionted and well kept! If you book with Marc resorts, you have no one to blame but your self!! The grounds are very beautifully landscaped, the tennis courts readily available for play, and the pools not overcrowded. My husband and I have stayed here nearly every year for the past 10 years and have seen it upgrade and mature over the years. When you book, ask questions and get pictures. I'ts the best resort for the money!! We love it so much we bought one!!!

Maui Vista is No Ka Oi!

by TripAdvisor Member Tommy2pdx

We stayed at the Maui Vista November 20-23, 1997 and enjoyed every minute of it. Check in was smooth and it was paradise after that! We had an ocean front room on the 4th floor and that view was worth every penny. The grounds were well groomed and the pool clean and inviting. We even used their BBQ/picnic area after purchasing food at a local supermarket. Rooms were spacoius, clean and visually appealing. There's alot to be said for asthetics. Parking was always a breeze (much different from Waikiki where spaces are few and even then extremely narrow.) If you have time, sign up to ride down Haleakala on bikes....we enjoyed that. You have to get up literally at about 3:00AM to drive over to the other side of the island, get outfitted and truck up to the summit. The payoff is a gloroius sunrise and a drop from 10,000 feet to sea level through lush countryside. I can still smell the dense perfume of tropical flowers on our descent. The Maui Vista is a solid value and worth your patronage.

Condominium at Charley Young Beach

by iammon about Maui Vista

Maui Vista is a condominium complex in the heart of lively Kihei. It is near the Kamaole Beach Park 1 and the picturesque Charley Young Beach. There are three, four story buildings. You have a choice of a one or two bedroom apartments. Each building has a swimming pool, barbecues and tennis courts. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment which had 687 sq. ft. including a lanai. The kitchen was fully equipped (even a dish washer) TV, phone, high speed Internet (surcharge) a washer and dryer.
It is a condominium that belongs to the Resortquest vacation home network and has a Bronze level (lowest one) which means comfortable, pleasant accommodations that provide many of the comfort and conveniences of home.Which was very true. The place is kept in great condition and very clean.
Price was 120 $ a night and there is a minimum of 7 night required if you do not want to spend additional money on cleaning fees. Nothing exciting. It is just good value place if your budget is not too big.
Maybe one thing: we loved the cool box that came with the apartment...it was well used... :-)

Maui Vista is the worse of worse. Over priced cracker boxes

It's a VERY far walk to the beach. The units are dark/dismal/approx 500 sq feet. You might as well stay in a hotel. You can hear everything people say in the next room. WAY over priced. We left early and went to the Kihei Kai Nani. Much better prices, 2 mins walk to the beach, you feel like your in Hawaii there.

Great resort

I am a travel agent and I booked the Maui Vista for myself and 4 friends. I was concerned after reading some of the reviews. I don't know what part of the resort the people with bad reviews were in, but apparently it was not where we were. The unit was very nice. with a full kitchen and washer & dryer. The beach was just across the road and we had a partial view from our lani. The only neg. thing I noticed was the grounds and walkways were very dimly lit, making it a little difficult at night. We were all very happy with the resort and will stay here again when in Maui. I will definately recommend it to my clients.

Plan to return again, been there 8 times since 1987

My wife and I have stayed at the Kihei Maui Vista eight times since 1987. Thrice in two bedroom units and 5 times in one bedroom units. All have been good accomodations - convenient to Kama'Ole I beach and grocery shopping. John St. Germain of Maui Suncoast Realty has always pleasantly and skillfully handled arrangements for us. Based on our recommendations, our son and wife went once in the early '90s. Our son-in-law's parents also went once in the late '90s. Our Son with his girls spent a week with us during our Feb. 2004 stay. Our daughter and son-in-law also spent a week with us there. Great place, we'll be back via Mauijack@aol.com about 2006.

A typical Maui vistaA typical Maui vista

Maui Vista - reviews

by nivorly

Has anyone stayed at the Maui Vista Resort in south Kihei ? Any reveiws and coments?

Thanks.

RE: Maui Vista - reviews

by Roadquill

I must have walked by it 10 times last week. I am pretty sure it is not on the beach side which means you a short walk to Kamaole Beach (there are 3 and I don't know which one it is across from). Those are beaches you can swim and float around. I prefer the beaches next to Wailea ()by Serano's) , which is about a 15 minute walk or you can drive and there is plenty of parking. It is convenient for walking around Kihei. Maui Taco is a short walk away. I don't know about the quality of the condo units. They seemed pretty boxey to me from walking by on the road. Not my cup of tea. Karl

RE: Maui Vista - reviews

by dengay

We stayed at the Luana Kai in North Kihei this past November with friends. My friend had stayed at the Maui Vista three years earlier and liked several things about the Luana Kia better (layout; atmosphere; staff). In fact, the only thing I can remember he said he like better about the Maui Vista was the beach.

Comments