575 South Kihei Road, Kihei, Hawaii, 96753, United States

Booking.com AstonHotels.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• Great place - Aston Maui Hill in South Kihei

It is a great place no matter you are on a honeymoon or with family/friends. It is just a very nice place to stay in. Calm and serne environment, birds chirping in the morning giving you a wake up call. A grand blacony view of ocean or garden based on your choice. Every morning an expedia representative would be availabe to orient you about the sightseeing and activities to be done on the island. Of course, they will try to squeeze in everything possible and sell you all but when on honeymoon one would like to spend some quality time with the spouse. Anyways, nice and clean apartments and with complete home-like facilities inclusive of appliance, corckery and additional items of leisure. Lots of parking space available. I definitely recommend this one!!!
    Inside

• Air conditioning
    • Cable TV , DVD/VCR player
    • Full kitchen
    • Washer/dryer in unit
    • High speed Internet Access (free)

Public Area Features:
    • Pool
    • Jet spa
    • Exercise facility
    • Activities desk
    • Barbeque grills
    • Tennis Court
    • Wireless Internet 'hotspot' in lobby

Directions: Exit airport from Dairy Road. Left onto Puunene, which turns right into Mokulele Highway 350. Left at the traffic light onto Piilani Highway 31. Right onto Kilohana. Right onto S Kihei Road. From S Kihei Road, take first right into the Aston Maui Hill.

More about Aston Maui Lu Resort

Enjoyed the Aston Maui Lu!

My husband and I really liked the Aston Maui Lu. I think we got a great deal for what we paid. We were not expecting extravagence, because we like to be out doing activities when we travel and dont spend much time at the hotel. We were plesently surprised, especially since we had gotten a killer deal through priceline.com and were a little apprehensive before arriving. The grounds were very well kept. The pool was nice, we were the only ones using it. We got upgraded to a ocean front suite for only $25 more a night. A great room with a great view!
Sunsets every night, windsurfers right down the way for entertainment.
The beach was not huge, but it was nice enough to sit out on. Hardly anyone used that either, so we basically had it to ourselves. We used the gas grill they had available more than one night and there were tables for us to set up and eat right by the water front. THe staff was courteous, the activities planner lady was very helpful. Our room was clean, housekeeping was good. The only bad thing is the limited parking on the ocean side, but we almost always found a spot. If you're looking for luxury or constant entertainment, I would stay away. If you want a quiet place, this would be right up your alley. Its too bad so many other people are so disappointed with the Aston Maui Lu. I would recomend it to anyone who is a budget traveler and wants a nice room at a quiet place.

Centrally Located on Maui's Longest Beach

by Stephen-KarenConn about Aston Maui Lu Resort

There is so much to see and do in Maui that we didn't stay in our room much. It was a basic motel type accomodation with a nice grassy lawn, right on the beach. The registration was across the highway from our room, as the facility spreads over 28 acres of coconut grove and gardens. Ammenities include two tennis courts, a swimming pool, and a mini refrigerator in each room. We paid a little extra to be on the oceanfront., but the price was still more reasonable than most rooms in Maui. We wanted to explore both sides of Maui, so this was an excellent central location. The Resort is next door to Elleair Golf Course, and right on Kihei Beach.

Kihei Beach

by Stephen-KarenConn

Kihei Beach curves along Maalaea Bay providing the longest continuous expanse of of white sand in all of Hawaii. We were able to step onto this beautiful uncrowded beach from our room at the Aston Maui Lu. One late afternoon we walked for an hour or more, barefoot in the sand, as we watched several wind surfers racing against the sunset.

Much aloha at the Maui Lu

When I decided on a quick getaway to Maui, my agent chose a package that included the Maui Lu. I saw all the bad reviews on this website, but decided the price and location were too good to pass up. Well, I'm so glad I stayed there! The lobby receptionists and the activities planner were so kind and helpful. The grounds were a joy to stroll through, there was plenty of parking, and the room was great for my needs. No bugs, dirty linens or malfunctions, just a modest but comfortable room and lanai with a decorative Polynesian design. The bed and pillows were so comfy, and the Honolulu Advertizer newspaper arrived at my door daily. Pool is beautiful and clean. Yes, there are places around the resort that need renovation. A few of the buildings that aren't used anymore are in disrepair and are boarded up. I had Room #174, a Superior Garden View room, and it was worthy. The beach was awesome and the sunsets spectacular. Next time I go I will splurge on the Ocean Front rooms so I can have a kitchenette. Jane in Reception and Joanne the Activities Coordinator were the epitome of aloha in making my stay memorable. The groundskeepers and maids always smile back or wave hello. I saved so much money that I came home with $200 from my vacation budget - a first! I can't wait to go back. If you wish to see pics of my room and the grounds, feel free to email me - suzlen@attbi.com or suzlen@comcast.com.

A truly HAWAIIAN experience

I have stayed at this hotel a dozen times. I find the staff especially friendly and full of aloha. The feeling is casual, staff relaxed. The hotel is older and is right on the ocean so the salt air has taken it's toll. However, the hotel room is NOT the reason for going to Maui Lu. The view is spectacular and during Dec-April you can clearly see the whales playing. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Better than we expected

After reading all the horror reviews on Maui Lu, we were certain that we'd be staying in a real dump when we got to the hotel. When we arrived in the4 beginning of May, however, we were pleasantly surprised. The grounds are well kept, and the standard garden view rooms were large and clean. We did see some torn curtains, but the beds were firm, the linens clean, the bathroom plumbing was in working order, there was cable TV, plenty of free parking, all of the swimming pool was usable, and the air conditioning worked just fine. There were a few ants in the bathroom but it was not a major problem for us. The hotel is a little older, but we found it to be pleasantly clean and quiet. We stayed for 5 nights in the Plantation Building that was directly behind the registration desk.There was a microwave, toaster, coffee and tea available to the guests at the reception area. Each room also received the daily paper.

Pleasant Stay

Prior to my trip, I read the mixed reviews. The recent excellent reviews did ease my worries. I stayed at the Maui Lu this past week, and I neither loved or hated it. The rooms were adequate, and did receive daily maid service. On the weekdays we received the local paper in the mornings. The pool was clean, and the staff was courteous. When we asked to upgrade to an ocean front room we were told it would be $30 to $40 extra per night, so we opted to stay in our Superior Garden View room. Our friends next door had one cockroach in the bathroom during our five day stay, but for the price it definitely is worth it.

You get what you pay for

We were apprehensive about staying at the Maui-Lu after reading the bad reviews but decided to make the best of it because we had committed our money due to getting the room through Priceline. The carpet in our room was nasty and the beds were stained. We had to repeatedly ask for towels and washcloths during our stay. We saw a couple of roaches in our room. While there, we were entertained by a group of Drag Queens staying at the hotel for a Drag Queen competition nearby. Aston needs to upgrade this property as soon as possibe to their normal standards. If not for discount programs like priceline, I wonder if they would have any business at all. If an extensive upgrade happens at this property, I would be a repeat customer.

Totally Awesome!

I absolutely loved the Maui Lu. I read a bunch of bad reviews and was pretty nervous about my decision to stay here. This was first time in Hawaii and I wanted it to be a good one. I stayed in a beach front room (the actual room that is photographed on their website) and it was gorgeous!!. It is NOT a plush hotel, so if your into that sort of thing don't stay here. Its the snobby people that are giving this place a bad review. But if your into to kicking back and enjoying Hawaii "hang loose" style this is the place. The rooms get everyday maid service and I didn't see one cockroach the entire time (I stayed for 7 nights) or any other bugs. I did see gekos, though. The ocean front rooms are right by the ocean, just steps away and if you ask for a bottom floor room you can walk from your room out the sliding glass window right to the beach. The best rooms are in building 400, rooms 400 and 401 (where I stayed) probably the best. I booked a vacation deal online then called the Maui Lu seperately and requested a bottom floor room. The staff was super friendly. I thought I got a great deal on this place and thought they had the best piece of ocean front property. There is a small berach to the left and to the right the beach is bigger, and only steps away. The best sunsets you will ever see right from your room. I could go on and on, but I think you get that this place is definately worth it.

Aston maui lu- Any good?

by Rugger

Has anyone stayed at the Aston Maui Lu hotel in Kihei. Look's like a decent hotel to base me and my girlfriend in during our stay in Maui! Has anybody been to Kihei? If you have any thoughts please do tell, cheers people!

RE: Aston maui lu- Any good?

by YVRDave

Its fine. It was started in the 50's by Gordon Gison. He shipped a log home to Maui from British Columbia and it started from there. It is across the street from the beach but most properties in Kihei are across the street.

RE: RE: Aston maui lu- Any good?

by Roadquill

Kihei is where I prefer to stay when on Maui. However, you want to be E of the center of Kihei Town and sometimes the effluent from the waste treatment plan has problems and it empties out mid Kihei and flows West. (This problem may have been alleviated by now). the beaches are great and the town is not all high end clothing, art galleries, etc. like Wailea and Kaanapali. Plus there are many great, uncrowded beaches. Plus it is an easy jaunt down to Makena and La Perouse Bay. For a week stay, I like the condo's at Hale Hui Kai. For a few days I stay at the Best Western on the beach in Kihei. Sometimes at the Best Western the manager will have a special where you can get a room for just over $100. Not bad for on the beach.

Comments