Hale Pau Hana Resort

Hale Pau Hana Beach Resort
Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Hale Pau Hana Resort

Happy boy on the beachHappy boy on the beach

looking for condo on "picture postcard" beach

by jgraboyes

I am looking to rent a condo in Maui but mainly want to known what the different beaches in Maui are like. I am looking for a long wide white sand beach with a gentle dropoff and no waves. If it has a reef further out, that's great.
Which beach would best fit this description? I will search for condos based upon the beach . I will have a car but want to be ON the beach . thanks

by GracesTrips

We just went to Maui a few months ago. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton but my friends stayed at a condo in Kaanpali (there are quite a few there). I have photos posted on my travelogue of Kaanapali if you want to check it out. It's on the north shore and about 10 minuted from Lahaina. Hope you have a great trip!

by travelgourmet

Kaanapali has a great condo area called Eldorado. Located about 300 yards from the beach, but nothing but a golf course in between the condos and the beach. On each side but not bothering the beach are two large hotels, the Sheraton Maui and the Royal Lahaina. They do have courtesy golf carts to get you to the wide white sand beach with very little drop off and about 50 yards out a great drop off of about 25-30 feet. Lots of fish in the area. Straight out view to Lanai and the sunset. Near Whalers Village and all the other hotels in the area. see their website: http://www.outrigger.com/hotels-resorts/hawaiian-islands/maui/outrigger-maui-eldorado

by Agraichen

My first thought is perhaps the Dells would be a better choice, but the Maui Beach Bums have a great web site that provides descriptions of the various beaches and their respective surf conditions. http://www.mauibeachbums.com/main/page13.html

by YVRDave

by dengay

It would help to know your budget as prices do vary wildly, but based on your description, Hale Pau Hana in Kihei fits the bill. In the "low-rise" portion, units run around $250/nt and you are about 15 steps from Kamaole Beach II, which is one of the most popular, all around beaches in South Maui.

www.hphresorts.com

Good luck with your search!!

PS Hale Pau Hana has a webcam at their website so you can see exactly what Kam II looks like!!

by jgraboyes

thanks. it looks lovely but is more than my budget. Joe

by YVRDave

Try this place or the Eldorado as Larry suggested.
Best of all go see a travel agent who can ask all the right questions

by richardsullivan

The "no waves" part is a toughie. The condos at Sugar Beach in North Kihei might fit the bill.

Travel Tips for Kihei

I live in Kihei

by MikeMaui

"Short bio"

I have lived on Maui for nearly 35 years. I was a charter fishing captain for 25 of those, but I'm retired now.

I have a 6 yr. old son, a 12 yr. old daughter, a fat 10 yr. old golden retriever, an oboxious 12 year old cat, a huge mortgage, and more credit card debt than any rational person should have :)

I've lived in various areas on Maui, but have spent the past 20 in Kihei. Kihei is located on the south end of Maui. When I was in college here in '69 we used to joke about Kihei and who would ever live there because it's a dusty desert area. At that time, I could have bought the entire subdivision I live in for less than I ended up paying for my house here :-)

Kihei is like the fastest growing community in the nation right now. As such, some of the infrastructure (roads, schools, water, etc.) has not been addressed properly.

Traffic truly sucks these days. Though my wife says I only think that because I grew up on an island and that I don't really know what bad traffic is.

It's very expensive to live or visit in Kihei. However, I can't imagine living elsewhere :-)

Comments