Maui Sunset

1032 Kihei Road, Kihei, Hawaii, 96753, United States

Maui Sunset Condos
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

• quichethecook's Profile Photo

Very comfortable condo & great pool!

We found our condo on vacationsfrbo.com which ended up being a great solution for the 3 of us. Full kitchen and beautiful views from our Lanai. Nice pool and jacuzzi, shuffle board, golf putting course - fairly quiet and beautifully kept grounds.

Unique Quality: What was nice were the 6 gas bbq's centrally located in the courtyard grounds - each night about 5 pm, you'd see the residents and vacationers all gathering for a social bbq party - was really fun and the smells drifting up to our 5th floor condo were heavenly!

More about Maui Sunset

Amazing Find!

by johnfrompalatineil about Maui Sunset Condominiums

I must preface this by saying that I got incredibly lucky to find such a deal!!! While having an ongoing search for a condo with a timeshare company that I won't name, initials are R.C.I., that never came to fruition, I found this 1 bedroom, 5 person occupancy deal on Ebay. I took a chance and bid on this unit for $250/week. I actually bid higher, but no need to, I won!!! Wow, one of the best deals I've ever made. This condo is on the beach side of S. Kihei Road in Kihei. Located on the beach in Kihei, this well-maintained complex has "apartments" of various sizes. There is a mixture of permanent residents and owners who rent out their units. Units are tastefully furnished, and prices are reasonable. The barbecue grills are outstanding and cleaned thoroughly daily. I personally skipped the pool as there were just too many bodies in a small pool for my taste. Why go to the pool when beautiful beaches are nearby? The sunsets are beautiful even though you don't get to see the sun set over the horizon because the mountains on the other side of Maalea Bay block the view. The sunsets are still beautiful, please see photo.

Kimo's for a Sunset dinner

by Roadquill about Kimo's in Lahaina

On Front Street overlooking the harbor. Wonderful place to take in a Maui sunset. Service was excellent and food very tasty. It seemed they hired half of Maui as there were plenty of servers. Great mai tai's. It seemed to get busy by 7 PM Kula pork appetizer

Upcountry Driving

by TeaInChina

I would highly recommend many things for a visit or move to Maui, but one of my favorite things to do is to drive Upcountry on the slopes of Haleakala, viewing the azure sea and green of West Maui. Sunset, sunrise, morning, noon, or night; it's all a good time to go for a drive up the highway and all the way to the crater. My fondest memory is of taking my hours-old son to the beach at Kamaole Beach Park, #2 and watching the whales play off shore. It was a magical time I'll never forget. What I miss most are my Maui Friends, the best people on the planet!

"Not Your Average Torch Song"

by deecat

Fortunately, while Allan and I were in Maui, one of my friends at work was on a tour which included Maui. As part of that tour, she and her husband stayed at the Hyatt Regency Resort at Kaanapali Beach in Maui. The tour also included the Luau show at the Hotel. She invited Allan and I as her guests.

A succulent dinner buffet was included with the Luau Performance. That buffet featured Hawaiian and Western specialties such as tender Kalua Pork, Ulupalakua Beef, Huli Huli Chicken, fresh Mahi Mahi, Pacific Ahi Poke, plus a variety of island accompaniments and several mouth-watering desserts.

Before the buffet was served, a cultural ceremony was presented with the roasted whole pig (the ceremony was the "unearthing of the imu".). This was quite elaborate and fascinating.

The name of their show was called "Drum's of the Pacific". It was a Polynesian cast of 18 dancers and musicians performing the songs and dances of their ancestors from throughout the South Pacific.

We received a Lei Greeting from a beautiful Polynesian girl where our picture was taken. Later that evening, we received a 5x7 photograph.

The performance included a Hawaiian crafts demonstration that turned out to be quite interesting and eye-opening. There was an OPEN BAR for the three-hour Luau! The sound of the conch, the beating of the drums, and the echoes of the Hawaiian chant signaled the start of the Luau. Exotic songs and dances of Tahiti, Fiji, New Zealand, Samoa, Tonga, Rarotonga, and Hawaii were performed. They took us on a journey through the islands of Polynesia via the authentic dances and songs which tell stories of the islands.

We were able to watch the sunset over the Ka'anapali Beach. It all took place at the Hyatt Regency Maui's Sunset Terrace on Ka'anapali Beach. The shows take place from: 5:00pm to 8:00pm nightly.

Maui SunsetMaui Sunset

Maui SunsetMaui Sunset

Maui sunsetMaui sunset

Maui sunsetMaui sunset

Maui Sunset cocktail cruise Kapalua Kai vs. Kiele V

by swdke

Maui Sunset cocktail cruise Kapalua Kai vs. Kiele V, which operation or boat do you prefer, and why? Thanks for your help.

RE: Maui Sunset cocktail cruise Kapalua Kai vs. Kiele V

by MauiMark

Hey, why not go on one of the Pacific Whale Foundation boats for the cruise? They use all profits for marine conservation and have some great new sunset cruises.

You can also get a discount for them (and a bunch more) for free using the discount card at www.smartmaui.com

-MM