ResortQuest Maui Hill

2881 South Kihei Road, (formerly Aston Maui Hill), Kihei, Hawaii, 96753, United States
Aston Maui Hill
Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about ResortQuest Maui Hill

Great value

My wife and I just returned from our stay at the Maui Hill. The reviews on this web site are pretty accurate. We found it perfect for our needs. We are active types so laying around at a resort wasn't what we wanted. The Maui Hill is the perfect balance between resort and condo. We loved being able to eat breakfast and lunch in our place. The space was a real bonus as well. At the Maui Hill you get condo life with many of the ammenities of a resort. Also, the location is perfect to get around Maui.

Its not a five star place though. Its fairly basic but for the money we would do it again.

Beware of putting reservation on hold (even for 3 days)

Read these positive reviews from everyone and put a 7 night vacation for 6 people on hold at the Aston Maui Hill. I put the hold on for a couple of days just to check in with the other travelers. When I called in to give my credit card number, the accommodations had been given away....I called in July for an October booking. Good news is I ended up with a great deal at the Grand Champions in Wailea. I know things like this happen in the real world but have always experienced only the best when going to Hawaii definitely with more "aloha" than I received with this experience. I hope to continue to visit and look forward to October but will never stay at the Maui Hill in the future.

A Great Stay With No Problems

We recently stayed at the Maui Hill for eleven nights in July.
Upon arrival we were upgraded from a two bedroom to a
three. We were very pleased with the furnishings, the size,
and the cleanliness of the condo. It had a well-quipped kitchen and wet bar, four TV's, three full baths, and rooms that were well above the normal size. The view from the three patios was beautiful on both sides.
The staff was helpful when asked and the maids always left plenty of extra towels and toilet articles, which is nice in a beach environment.
Although it is not right on the water, it is within five minutes of several of the best surfing and diving beaches on the island, and the quietness and more relaxed atmosphere of this area of Maui are much more of what you come here for.
There is hardly ever any waiting at any of the very good cafes and restaurants in the local area and it is only a beautiful 30-min. drive to Kannapali and the entertainment and shopping there. And you are actually more centrally located to everything...Hana, etc. Maui Hill met all our requirements and is a great value for the dollar. We have stayed at some of the top hotels in the past, but felt we got a lot more at Maui Hill and avoided feelings like "hotel tourists" while we were on Maui.
We highly recommend it.

An Enjoyable Stay

by TripAdvisor Member herren911

We stayed at the Aston Maui Hill from October 8-16, 2004. There were 10 of us staying here split between a 3 bedroom condo and a 2 bedroom condo. Our trip was for a family wedding. Others in our group stayed at the Fairmont Kea Lani in Makena.

As others have pointed out, the Aston is not on the beach and some of the rooms may not have an ocean view. We did have a view from the 3 bedroom, but not the 2 bedroom. We typically drove to the Fairmont (where the rest of our party was) when we wanted to go to the beach and accessed the beach there, but we saw others walking across the main road to beach access near the Aston (probably about a 10 min walk). The grounds at the Aston are very beautiful. We made use of the pool & spa, shuffle board and putting green (equipment provided at the office). We didn't use any of the BBQ grills located throughout the grounds.

Our condo's were very spacious and in very good shape. There wasn't one complaint from the group. Each room had a TV, dresser and lanai. The kitchen was fully stocked with pots, pans, etc. We were able to receive wireless internet when sitting on the lanai. The daily maid service was excellent. The location is excellent, being just a short drive to local golf and numerous restaurants.

It's not 5-star living like some of the beachfront hotles, but neither is the price. The combination of the location, price and accomodations made the Aston just right for us.

Perfect Especially When Mixed with a Resort

This place was perfect for what we were looking for. 4 of us spent 7 nights in a 2-bedroom unit before spending our last 2 nights at the Wailea Marriott. If we had spent 7 nights in the resort, we would have gone broke and strangled each other in those small rooms.

The staff at Maui Hill were incredibly welcome and helpful with everything from an extra towel to booking excursions. It was nice to be able to go home and relax on the couch, take a bath, or sit on the lanai after a long day about the island.

It was a perfect mix of being centrally located to the finest resorts to eat or shop, go to a local hole-in-the-wall for a quick bite or bagel, and be able to make a full meal with everything you need right in the kitchen.

While it is not ocean-front, we did have a partial view of the water and the ocean is a quick walk across the street where there is fabulous snorkeling.

Most importantly, Maui Hill was clean, quiet, and safe. All that and we were able to stay there 7 nights for almost the same price as 2 nights in Wailea!

Just about perfect

We had a wonderful stay at Maui Hill (12/01-12/13/2004. Everything was as expected, as we've come to rely on from our previous visits to various Aston properties in Hawaii. All have been above average in most every way, based on the price paid.

The front desk staff was pleasant and courteous coming and going. Unit #52 was clean, spacious and comfortable. The housekeeping people were punctual and pleasant as well. The cleanliness and attractiveness of the grounds was also greatly appreciated. All in all we feel that we got our monies worth for the amount spent based on our past stays at various properties on Maui. We will certainly recommend "Maui Hill" to our family and friends with the full confidence that their needs will be served as well as ours were.

One small criticism. When I stipulate, reserve and pay for "ocean view" I expect more than our unit #52 had. My wife repeatedly requested for months before our trip to be sure and secure a nice "ocean view", and nothing less. Well to say the least her opinion of the ocean view from our unit was not what she had in mind. A small matter to be sure, but ocean view shouldn’t require an extended search to see if it's really there. Other than that small, but critical misrepresentation, a very nice stay indeed.

Wow! What a Place!

My family and I spent 10 wonderful days at the Maui Hill over Christmas last year. There were four of us and we shared a 2 bedroom condo that had a spectacular view of the ocean! The kitchen had everything that you need and then some. We even found beach gear in the hall closet. Could not believe our luck that there was even dish and laundry soap in the condo at no extra charge. The accommodations were spacious and the décor attractive.

Planning outings such as a luau or fishing was so simple in the main lobby. We found ourselves doing so many different things and all of them we exactly as described by the staff.

Believe it or not, but the resort “flew” in Santa on a helicopter on Christmas Eve and provided a free BBQ for all of the guests. Santa even gave all of the children a gift!

You can be sure that my family will visit this resort again in the near future.

The Boals

Very roomy condo

by TripAdvisor Member oogramm

Excellent accommodations. We had a one-bedroom unit but it had 2 bathrooms, well-equipped kitchen, and a gigantic living room. We ate our breakfast on the lanai each morning and enjoyed the tropical sounds and sights.
The resort is stretched out along their drive and we were almost at the end; a trip to the beautiful pool was quite a trek. The housekeeping was indifferent; they did the basics but the floor wasn't vacuumed more than once or twice in 2 weeks. It's at the end of Kihei so there's not much in walking distance. Still, the condo itself was so nice, I would recommend it.

Excellent Stay... very relaxing... but one thing....

If you like to go the beach, the walk is a bit far. Well, we didnt go to the beach. The reason for our vacation was to relax. This place is very quiet and is like a hideaway from everything. Our room was huge and had 2 bathrooms. Its like my fiance and I had our own bathroom. Room had 2 window A/C units, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. Both worked fine. The people were friendly. The only downfall, was that it would be nice if the Housekeeping would do more than what they do. They just changed the bath towels, take out the trash and thats it... they didnt even wipe down the tables, counters, sweep the lanai, etc. On the third day they would do a bit more like changing the sheets and vacuum. That was about it for the housekeeping. Other than that, the place was great and would definitely be back... Oh yeah, the next time we book, we would prefer a newly refurbished/updated room.

Don't Expect an Ocean View

by TripAdvisor Member Dancing_Boy

After extensive research and using TripAdvisor to find the best value for the dollar in Kehei, I narrowed it down to the Mana Kai (at the time #4) and the Aston Maui (#3). To begin, the condos are nice and spacious and 200 bucks a night and clean but it is NOT a 2 br/2 bath, it's one bath and one shower. Our room (#31) overlooked the pool. I asked if they had anything else and they did - #102 all the way up the hill overlooking a parking lot. We kept the pool room. I asked about the "ocean view" room which I had requested in my reservation. In actuality, they don't exist. The grounds are nice and the pool is spacious and the jacuzzi is a bit murky and over chlorinated.

HOWEVER, if you're a golfer, this is a great place. The Makena North and South courses are a stones throw away and they are EXCELLENT courses with excellent service. The Wailea Blue Emerald and Gold courses are also nearby but their greens are brutal (think Pete Dye).

Plenty of excellent restaurants are nearby (including Spago, which is nice for a Los Angeles snob like myself) and the Mrs. can shop 'till she drops at Tiffany, Louis Vuitton, Prada etc. and the new Wailea Shopping Center

Kihei is MUCH nicer and WAY less overbuilt than Kapalua or Kaanapali (about an hours drive). It's friendlier, less crowded, and the best snorking on the island is just down the block.

The condo staff was pleasant and helpful and offered several inexpensive tours and hikes (including jumping off the top of a waterfall) and they even give you free soap for the washer (which was also a nice plus).

Oh, also, there are PLENTY of gas bar-b-que grills and we made use of them for a couple of delicious steaks from the local market (each room key has a discount card attached for the local FoodLand about a mile away). Theres a nice movie theatre nearby as well.

The Mana Kai is directly across the street and I checked it out. It's a bit used and worn down and not worth the extra 100 bucks a night to be directly on the beach (although other reviewers are right, the beach is quite beautiful)

All in all, an excellent stay. I just wish I could have seen the ocean.

Comments