Aston Kaanapali Shores

3445 Lower Honoapiilani Rd, (formerly ResortQuest), Lahaina, Hawaii, 96761, United States

Booking.com AstonHotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• annk's Profile Photo

More than a hotel room

Kaanapali Shores are condominiums individually owned but managed by Aston. Decor is consistent and they currently are remodeling with new furniture packages and carpeting. Rental units available include studios to 2 bedrooms all with a full bath (or 2) and full kitchen. Each unit has a balcony and views vary from none (parking lot), garden, partial ocean & ocean front. Units are good for families.

The complex is located north of the Kaanapali resort area in Honokowai.

There is a small sandy beach good for swimming and snorkeling.

Unique Quality: - High rise (9 floors)
    - 2 pools, one garden, the other next to the ocean (the ocean pool could use a face-lift)
    - Restaurant and bar on premises close to the ocean. Food is average, reasonable prices. Beach bar has some good happy hour specials.
    - gift shops and stores with grocery items on premises
    - beauty salon
    - Shopping center across the street. Includes supermarket, restaurants and other shops.
    - Gym facilites $10 a day
    - Acitivities desk to book tours, luau's

Directions: North of Kaanapali and to the right of the pink pyramid shaped Embassy Suites (you can't miss it).

More about Aston Kaanapali Shores

Aston Kaanapali Shores - a piece of crap

by mrtourne about Aston Kaanapali Shores

Oh my God - I am not usually a fussy person when it comes to hotels but this dump is one of the worst hotels in the entire world! Stay AWAY!

We went there back in 2002 for my birthday - the boyfriend decided he would do the bookings and paid for this place in advance on Expedia after being told it was a 4-star place. Nothing could have been further from the truth. When we got into our room, our hearts fell to the floor. The room smelled mouldy, the air conditioning was almost non existent, the carpet was noticeably wet . The bedroom had a small window at the very top, so you couldn't even get outside air through. We were basically sweating even sitting still. Since it was late we stayed the first night, but upon coming in on a second night (we had been promised the AC would be fixed), we decided to deal with it because it was unbearable.

We called the manager and asked to be relocated to another room. We were told there were no rooms available, even though we then went online and called their 1-800 number (calling as new guests) and were told both times that there were rooms available. With this we went back to the manager and he refused to relocate us, so I got on the phone with my company travel agent who recommended the Westin Maui next door - which was almost the same rate! (had I known!). At about 10 PM we up and left, contesting our bill. Life's too short to put up with this crap

After that we had a few rounds with both Aston and Expedia (who was claiming they had no responsibility whatsoever, even though this was one of their "special packages"). In the end we only got one night refund out of the 4 but Mouldy, stinky, awful service, disrespectful - you name it. No Aloha spirit here...

Westin Maui - the true spirit of Aloha

by mrtourne about Westin Maui

After our disastrous 1.5 days at the Aston Kaanapali Shores it was such a relief to walk into the Westin Maui. Check the following and contrast to Aston's treatment.

I had made an advance call to my agent to make a reservation, and he had managed to find a garden room rate for about 135 a night at the Westin Maui. We arrived at the hotel, tired and not looking our best (bathing shorts, sandals, t shirt, a weary look in our faces) at around 10:30 PM. The gal at the front desk was SOOOO GREAT. We told her our story, and she felt so terribly bad (she knew that hotel from other disgruntled passengers, plus the island is not that big...), especially since it was my birthday. She gave us complete A-list treatment - she immediately upgraded us to an ocean view room on a high floor, she sent a bottle of Champagne up to our room to make us feel better, and gave us a 20% discount on all restaurant charges for the rest of our stay. They also checked with us daily to make sure we had everything we needed.

Needless to say we were elated and wrote a big letter of commendation to her manager upon our return home. She and the Westin Maui saved our vacation.

So now, on to ammenities. Great breakfast buffet. Awesome swimming pools. Beautiful grounds. A bit too many children, so noisy at times, but not unbearable. Heavenly Beds and Heavenly Baths. A wonderful experience all around Service, service, service - I became even more of a Westin buff after this wonderful stay. We've even considered buying a timeshare with them (great new property next door)

Great Island Resort

by mcuriel about Kaanapali Shores

We had a one bedroom condo and it was very nice for our family of four. We loved having a kitchen and washer/dryer in our condo during our stay.

Fun resort in Maui

by luv2scrap about Aston Kaanapali Resort

great resort. We had a two bedrom condo with full kitchen, two bathrooms, washer and dryer, living room with couch and a couple of chairs. The living room and both ot the bedrooms had TV's. We were supposed to have a garden view room, but mostly we overlooked the parking lot. Not that we were in the room much during the day. The resort had two pools down near the beach. The beach was wonderful, great to swim in or just sit and sunbathe. The resort grounds were beautiful, lawns and palm trees everywhere. A resturant and bar on site was nice. We liked to sit at the bar and watch the sunset while enjoying our wine and beer. There are also several shops on site and a full service spa. I am not sure of the nightly room cost we were there on a package deal.

Great Family Spot

Sat on the Lanai and watched the Whales swim by. Upgrade to penthouse was worth it. 2 pools and immaculate grounds were great for 5 year old twins. Beach right there but somewhat steep. Short drive to great beaches like Kapalua. Loved every minute and can't wait to go back. May or may not stay at Aston Kaanapali Shores again.

Great Place to stay

My wife and I had the best time at the Aston Kaanapali Shores. I cannot describe in words what a great experience we had. I am not sure what peoples expectations are about a resort. I had read a few dissapointing reviews, at this website, about the Aston Kaanapali prior to our trip and I was a bit apprehensive. After all, this was going to be our 4 trip here in 6 years. I have to tell you, it only gets better and better. We were there 1 week and wish we had booked a longer stay. The resort is clean, the people are friendly and it is a great family resort. The resort is close to Kaanapali Beach and Lahaina (5 minutes).
The only thing I can think of is that people leave mediocre reviews so that this place will continue to be a great value. Can't wait to go back!!!!!

Wouldn't Hesitate

Stayed a week at the Kaanapali Shores end of Jan and first of Feb, 2004. Two bedroom condo on the 9th floor. We found everything to be just fine. The room, the grounds, restaurant, and pools were very nice.
The staff was helpful and pleasant. The beach is narrow, but still nice. Wear water clogs if going in the water. Snorkel along the rock ledge and see a variety of colorful fish. Convenient to everything on that side of Maui. We would not hesitate to stay there again. We did notice they are redoing the hotel rooms.

Great Value!

by TripAdvisor Member lovetravelMass

To start off, we bought this vacation package from American Airlines for only $1350 for both of us, 5 nights in January 2003 leaving from LA. So we were not expecting the Ritz by all means. Upon arrival, we were quickly checked in and arrived at our studio partial ocean view.
They gave us a full one bedroom partial ocean view instead so we were very happy. It was not fancy, but clean and confortable with a nice balcony. The pool area was nice, and beach was so-so. Not like the Caribbean, it sloped which made walking not pleasurable. The grounds were nicely landscaped with fish ponds and lots of trees. We found that the beaches in south Maui (Wailea) were much nicer so we opted to drive down there instead. All in all, it was great for the money and we were pleased. I would recommend it if you are the type that don't need luxury but want a nice place to crash.

We were happy with our experience here.

I had been worried about the negative reviews of this resort, but was relieved when i got there, that it wasn't that bad. The staff IS friendly, which helps to overlook the small stuff. The rooms were cleaned after 2pm and sometimes 4pm, but sheets were only changed every three days. One day I called housekeeping to get a fresh set and they sent them up and were agreeable to remaking the bed. The location is very good to get in & out of and use the shopping center across the street. (Nice little coffee place there that also serves meals.) The pool is basic and the beach is no frills. But a lot of the beachs are all coral and rock and you can't get in at all, so the beach here was just fine. An extra recommendation: The Molokini Snorkel Trip was great, lots of fish to see and swim with. You can buy this trip at the poolside activity desk. Good Luck!

Aston Kaanapali Resort, Kaanapali, Hawai'iAston Kaanapali Resort, Kaanapali, Hawai'i

3 Bdrm Condo Advice

by mglath

I'm planning a 7-day vacation for my parents, my wife/I, sister/brother-in-law and we would like to find a 3 bdrm condo in Kaanapali/Lahaina area. We would like a nice beach, proximity to restaurants, nice pool. The difficulty I've found is very few resorts have 3-bdrm units and the majority are in areas with rocky beaches not condusive to swimming. The three I've found on vrbo.com are: Papakea, Kahana Outrigger, and Puamana in Lahaina. Was looking for anyone's suggestions/advise about these are other places to look at. Thanks

MJG

RE: 3 Bdrm Condo Advice

by travelgourmet

Aloha. I found the Kaanapali Shores in Maui to have a good beach, swimming, and restaurant/bar on site. Very tropical and just remodeled by ResortQuest. My wife and I, plus our two sons, and my wife' parents shared a two bedroom two bath, with full kitchen, washer/dryer, dinning set, and a great view of the ocean and the Island of Lanai. Now named the ResortQuest Kaanapali Shores. Very close to Kaanapali's Whalers Village shops, hotels, and restaurants.

RE: RE: 3 Bdrm Condo Advice

by travelgourmet

The living room of the unit had a queen bed pullout so that 6 can stay here at the Kaanapali Shores.

RE: RE: 3 Bdrm Condo Advice

by spartan

Hi,

You may also want to check out the following website: http://www.homeaway.com/index.cfm/fa/find.aquery/keywords/Maui/page/1/refinements/Bedrooms:3/

Spartan