Aston Paki Maui

3615 Lower Honoapiilani Hwy, (formerly ResortQuest), Lahaina, Hawaii, 96761, United States
Paki Maui Resort
Booking.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

More about Aston Paki Maui

Maui style for the Maui enthusiast

by TripAdvisor Member mauibound301

Having visit Maui many times, my family has stayed at different resort style hotels as well as condo's. The intention for each of our trips was to be able to relax, unwind, escape from the busy mainland environment that we are a part of each day and to listen to the waves crash against the shore. To feel the breeze of the tradewinds as the natural airconditioning it offers. To be able to have all the amenities of daily functions within the condo walls and to be able to avoid the noisy, busy, highly active atmosphere that the high end resorts cater to.

If you are planning to visit Maui for what the Island offers such as the beautiful ocean, unbelievable sunsets and the Aloha spirit and not for what we might want to obtain with a quick get away weekend trip to the beach, then in our opinion Paki Maui is the place.

The facility caters to those with relaxation in mind yet is close enough to Lahaina and various other activity areas.

Having experienced other types of accomidations, we decided to become an owner of a 2 bedroom, 2 bath oceanfront condo at the Paki Maui and love every minute of it.

We hope that when you escape to Maui that you take in and leave the Island with the true meaning of what Maui offers and that is the Aloha spirit.

Mahalo

Nice but noisy

Comfortable, clean unit on the ocean. Good whale watching. Nice garden area. But noisy: sprinklers go off at 2, 3, 4 in the morning. Parking area is noisy and close to rooms. Loud construction was going on each day at Maui Sands next door. Some office staff is helpful, but others are not. If you don't mind the noise, and helpful staff is not a major priority for you, then the Paki Maui is a nice little place in Honokowai.

Relieved from previous trip advisor reviews

by TripAdvisor Member Winster

We travel to Maiu every June and have rented hotel rooms, condos, to homes. This year, I was a little behind and started looking for accommodations a bit late. I found Paki Maui and signed on to Trip Advisor to read reviews on a hotel that I had already booked for 15 days. I was horrified to read the reviews about dirty rooms, stained carpet, outdated appliances and furniture, and crime. I had already committed to the deposit, so we took our chances.

We arrived in early afternoon, before check in time. Not a problem, "your room is ready". We were in a 2 bedroom/2 bath ocean front condo, Unit 322. It had been recently redecorated with new tile, new appliances. No carpet, other than oriental style rugs in the bedrooms. The icemaker was leaking and it was repaired in a timely fashion.

The ocean views from the lanais (2) were breathtaking. We simply left all our doors and windows open to enjoy the Maui trade winds and to hear the surf. Our kids snorkled on the reef just outside the hotel. The pool is nice, and has three picnic tables, a charcoal grill along with two gas grills for tenants to use. Especially nice if you get tired of going out to expensive dinners.

This hotel is located next door to a public beach. Weekends were full of happy Hawaiians BBQing and enjoying the ocean. Nice chance to get a some local flavor of the island. Frequently, we would see a security officer checking the hotel and parking lot. We did not have one issue about security, not to say it doesn't happen.

So, I was relieved that the condo was not the "hole" as I expected. The price was reasonable for the time of year (June), and we would stay there again. I should mention that, while we were checking out, a couple asked to see our condo for their stay. The Staff were happy to change the couple's room.

When you book at Paki Maui, expect that each unit it individually owned and some may be nicer than others, but hey, just ask for a change. The staff is very accommodating.

p.s. A great take out find is the Honokowi Deli across the street. The owner was the executive chef at the Kapalua Bay Club, and opened this tiny deli. You will be in for a culinary delight. We especially love the Lemon Caper Mahi Mahi, and the Sausage and Peppers with Pasta. If you are in the mood for a great mainland hamburger, try Johnny's in Kaanapali. It's a little place with a couple of pool tables and a bar. Kids are welcome. For an elegant dinner try the Pineapple Grill in Kapalua, or Pacific O in Lahaina.

Rick and Winnie Sauer, Canon City, Colorado

Don't do it! You can do better!!!!

I am not a picky traveler, and can tolerate most anything for a few days. But this place was an absolute dump! Extremely old, worn and run down. We stayed in very fine accommodations for the rest of our trip (booked through Priceline) at a fraction of what we paid for this place. Extremely over-priced for what you get here. We booked this place through Expedia, which had rated it 3-star. No way is this better than a 1-star.

Awful Dump!!

I was in the Peace Corps for 2 years, and I'm not that particular, but this place was horrible.

The price we paid was outrageous for this terrible dump. Everything seemed run down, the service was non-existant, the pool was a joke, and we were constantly afraid after receiving written warning upon arrival about the level of crime in the area and asking us to sleep with the sliding glass doors closed (No AC) for safety. We didn't feel like that in other parts of Maui.

Yeah, they upgraded us to an ocean front studio for the same price as a 1 bedroom unit, but did we wind up with a worse place??? The drawers in the kitchen were all broken, the sliding glass door was broken and never fixed after we asked, the bathroom was the size of a closet with no window or fan and the door did not work.

You have to pay for parking, you have to pay for the safe, or sign a waiver releasing them from any responsibility for the high level of crime in the area.

OK I wasted enough time and money staying at this dump; I won't waste anymore of yours or mine: AVOID THIS PLACE!

A Noisy Dump

by TripAdvisor Member suko

Looks good from the outside, nice gardens, nice view of the ocean. We were three families staying over the holidays - each room was filthier than the next. Cockroaches, stains, flimsy rooms that are falling apart. Avoid!

Quiet, wonderful retreat

This small condo complex is a great retreat - only 4 floors - with great views of whales (and Molokai) from your private balcony very close to the water A lawn area with nice shade for non-sun worshipers, small beach, reef and very nice pool. Our unit (322) was very well furnished and comfortable and that wonderful view from all rooms. Resort amenities close by without the crowds. Handy to other Maui sights. Who needs air conditioning in Maui? It's not the Ritz, but who needs the Ritz in Maui? Don't know condition of other units, but ours was super.

Nice location, but what a shame!

Beautiful location, but what a shame! The furniture was so beat up and outdated and guess what? No air. We did not know until we were there.
Even with the tradewinds it gets very hot during the day and only tolerable at night. We checked out after two nights. Be sure to do your homework.

Expensive for what you get.

Comments about the overpriced nature of the Aston Paki were true for my stay. Room 110 defintely needed an "Extreme Makeover" to bring it in line with the price they were charging and also with this century. The rusty metal table and chairs on the lanai were disappointing along with the antique teak dining furniture. Also, I could just imagine the amount of mites and other bugs that must have infested the fabric of the sofa with its dingy appearance.

One thing that may have mitigated all of this for us would have been an A/C as others commented. I'm pretty sure those staying in the middle sections facing the beach were treated to hot nights of non-existent cross breezes. The garden view section of the building looks like it blocks any air from coming through from the mountain side. At night. we had to put aside our safety for comfort when sleeping because by 3am-4am the mugginess became unbearable. The lanai door had to be opened just a bit by about 1 foot. This was the only way a breeze would come through the bedroom window and even then it was still on the warm side. BTW, we surveyed the building's exterior from the beach after checkout and noticed almost any room's lanai/sliding door could be easily accessed since the design of the building made it very easy.

It's probably best to shop around and do your homework especially about a room having A/C. Maui can get very warm as with any island in the Hawaiian chain. I should know, I live here.

loved the view

We stayed here in March/05 for 10 days. We didn't arrive until 10:30 at night. The office was closed. We had to go down the street to another hotel to get the keys. After the we got the keys we went to the condo, it was all-right. We had ask for queen size beds in the bedrooms which we didn't get. There was no air-condition it did get hot during the day, but at night it was comfortable IF you left the patio doors open. It was late we were tired and things didn't look good to us. When we got up the next morning it looked better. We did call the front office to see if we could get a condo with queen size beds. We were told that none was available. So we decided we had 9 more nights to stay and we would make the best of it. Overall it was okay, the market and farmers market across the street was handy for us. Some of the staff was friendly, some were not. Housekeeping were always very friendly and always made the beds and always had clean towels for us. We are for sure coming back to Maui. We might would stay here again.

Teresa Abney

Andrew and Marie at the GrilleAndrew and Marie at the Grille

View of Maui from out in the oceanView of Maui from out in the ocean

Hawaiian Food

by ElBrendano

I'm going to Maui for eight days next week and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for where to sample some authentic Hawaiian food. I've heard that luaus are the best places for things like poke and lomi-lomi, but I'd like to avoid going to a luau if possible (they seem expensive and tacky). Any non-luau suggestions for real local food, including the above mentioned food items, loco moco, locally caught fish, and other unique things on Maui? Thanks

by travelgourmet

Aloha. One of the best local food locations is right behind oceanside (Makai)of Lahaina Cannery Mall. Aloha Mixed Plate is small but good (ono).

by Jamesr3939

It is a luaus but then again not your typical luaus. I don't recall the name but it is owned by the same people who run IO's and Pacifico's and is in the same mall area as them. It is on Front Street past the banyan tree on the right you can't miss it.

by travelmad478

It's been a long time since I was in Maui, but I went to Kauai and the Big Island last year and used the "Revealed" guidebooks (Kauai Revealed, Big Island Revealed, etc--there is also a Maui Revealed) to find the best food, Hawaiian and otherwise. These books are truly excellent and I highly recommend them if you are looking to hit the local places, rather than the touristy ones. For example, following the guidebook, we got an insanely cheap and good Hawaiian meal in Kauai, from a takeout stand next to a supermarket--there is no way we would have ever found that ourselves.

by YVRDave

Spam is a very popular thing to eat in Hawaii.
I always stop for an Plate lunch on my way to Hanama and Sunset in Oahu.
I also can't think of anything UNIQUE to Maui from the other islands

by travelgourmet

Griff, How about Tedeshi Vineyards in Ulupalkua. A unique Maui Splash! with the overtones of pineapple and passion fruit. Great with Lomi-Lomi. Aloha

by patrick808

Answering AS A LOCAL...

When in the Wailea or Kihei area, I will normally eat at Da Kitchen - 2439 S Kihei Rd, Kihei, HI 96753 located in (or near) The Rainbow Mall, next door to the somewhat larger mall with Denny's.

When in the Kaanapali area, I try very hard to get to the Honokowai Okazuya - 3600 Lower Honoapiilani Rd, located directly across the street from the Paki Maui in Kahana.

If you're not sure about the raw fish poke, I suggest the nearest Safeway where you will be able to sample a few varieties for free.

Unique on Maui is Krispy Kreme. While at the airport, take a moment to count how many boxes are being carried back to Honolulu. Other maui specialties are Manju, filled japanese pastry. And, dont miss the original Tasaka Guri Guri frozen treat found in the Maui Mall.

Aloha