5295 Honoapiilani Rd, Lahaina, Hawaii, 96761, United States

Priceline.com

• denvillegirl's Profile Photo

Views: Whales, Turtles, Sunsets, Sea

We have stayed at Napili Point Condos six times and are returning again this February for a month. We have never been disappointed. The condos are comfortable, nicely furnished in island style, and have fantastic views of the channel between Lanai, Molokai and Maui. We have sat on our lanai and watched surfers, whales, turtles, and fantastic sunsets day after day. The staff is very helpful and there is an activities booth on site if you don't want to make your own reservations.

There are two pools on the property, the bay in front of the condos has snorkeling (with turtles), and the white sand beach is a short walk beyond the next set of condos. We like being in walking distance of the Napili Market (pricey but good for picking up supplements to our Costco shopping -- which we do as soon as we leave the airport!), a lovely little Methodist church which is very welcoming to visitors on Sundays even presenting every visitor with a hand-made lei, and a town atmosphere rather than a tourist feel.

There is plenty of parking in the open lot. Last year my husband rented a bicycle and rode all up and down the roads around the condo. (I prefer exercising with walking and there are plenty of walkers between Napili Point and the Kapalua Ritz Carlton.)

More about Napili Point Resort

Love Napili Bay - Napili Point a bit grungy

The Napili area is wonderful for those desiring a more natural, old-timey Maui visit (as in "without the glitz of fancy resorts"). The location of Napili Point is great as well. We stayed in B-2, Point Ocean Front, which is a one-bedroom downstairs. Ocean is literally across the lawn. We could sit on the couch and see the palm trees, ocean, etc. No A/C, but fans keep the unit cool. Front windows (bedroom) are behind bushes in the front of the unit, wonder if that's how the geckos got in? Noisy if you think you are sleeping late, because sidewalk is near the window (yes, noisy even when the window is shut).
The place is OK, but a bit rundown in the bedroom and bath - it's like they remodeled the kitchen and ran out of money so did not finish. Also has a washer/dryer, but the dryer vents into the room as opposed to outside - makes it awfully hot, even with the windows open. Staff was NOT too friendly and quite miserly on the towels. Said they'd give me an extra bath towel, but only did for one day. For some reason, you get the beach towels in the office, not in your room. We went to trade ours in for clean ones (we were there 6 days) - they told us we had a washer/dryer, we should launder them ourselves. WHAT????? I don't understand that because they did give you clean (though ratty) bath towels. They said they had beach chairs - there was one dilapidated crappy one in the closet. If this is the best you can get for the money, I'd rather spend a bit more in the future.
I'd give it a solid C . . . .

Wonderful Accomodations

We chose Napili Point Resort based on information from TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed. We stayed in unit A-1 which is one of the 1 bedroom Point Ocean Front units. The unit had everything we needed and more; all new appliances, nice furniture and pleasant decorations. We could sit on our patio and watch the sea turtles play in the ocean. It was quiet and even though there was no A/C , there were ceiling fans and we were perfectly comfortable. I would recommend any of the Point Ocean Front or Ocean Front units. Although the resort does not have a restaurant, I agree with other reviewers that the Gazebo restaurant next door is great! We also liked the the Napili area. It is much quieter and less congested than Kaanapali where there are many highrises.

Great vacation - right on the Ocean!

by TripAdvisor Member Hulagirl

Just had a wonderful week at Napili Point. Unit was lovely, amazing views, location right on the Ocean.

Kitchen had everything we needed to cook and there are gas BBQs too.

Sandy beach was right next door at Napili Bay. Be sure to snorkel in the cove - better than Molokini, but be careful getting in the water - it's rocky there. Loved the sea turtles.

You'll like this place. We plan to come back as soon as we can.

It doesn't get any better

by TripAdvisor Member rzimmizr

Our family has returned to Napili Point at least 12 times over the last 15 years. Our kids and now their kids all enjoy this little paradise. Most of the condos have been renovated and are comfortable. The staff is great. We like to prepare some meals and grocery shopping is close by as is a great farmers market. This is a great family vacation place.

Good Location, Reasonable Price, Very Nice Accomodations

My wife and I just spent 5 days of our honeymoon at Napili Point in unit A25. This unit is not part of the "rental pool". A25 offered excellent accomodations at a price that was less than the other 1 bedroom units at Napili Point. However, since A25 is not part of the rental pool there were some minor inconveniences because the owner does not have a very good relationship with the rental pool. I would recommend following-up with this unit's owner several times before your arrival to make sure that the rental pool manager is aware of your stay and this will make certain tasks much easier, like registering with the hotel and having your in-room phones turned on. Otherwise, the unit was in great shape, located on the first floor with a 10 second walk to the pool. Very spacious living areas and a very nice kitchen for some quick meals. Grills are also located throughout the resort premises. Access to the Napili Bay beach is a rough 20 minute walk across some boulders on foot and this gets very tiring after one trip. The A units at Napili point overlook a nice cove that has some decent snorkeling. Snorkeling access is just a 5 minute walk away. Even though the pool was close by this was a very private location and was everything that we had hoped for. If you are looking for accomodations that are on the beach this is not the place for you. The Gazeebo restaurant is a must for breakfast and is located at the resort next door.

Best vacation site ever

by TripAdvisor Member SanfranciscoCaroline

My sister and I are very picky, being from Del Mar and San Francisco. We stayed her together in a 1 bdr for 9 nights and it was paradise for us. Snorkeling with the turtles every day, watching them in the morning and at cocktail time; incredible. Everyone we met was very friendly. The place was so nice it itself that we didn't even use a tank of gas going anywhere else on the Island. However, if you go, you must have the coconut shrimp at Aloha Mixed Plate on he way to Lahaina; the pulled pork sandwich is also great there. I would stay here again in a heart-beat; although beware that the adjoining property (Honokeana Cove and NP) seem to be fighting over entry rights to the bay by visitors and local surfers. (Honokeana Cove has a ramp, Napili Point has a scary rocky/lava entrance to the cove.) Well, scary for the not so well coordinated...There are a lot of older owners, many from California, but friendly...Not a "hot spot" for party goers for sure.

Keep going back - for 20+ years!

by TripAdvisor Member inteletravel

The condos are privately owned - so, yes they will vary, but I have found that almost all of them have been (or, are being) refurbished. I have stayed in a wide variety of units and ALL have a fabulous view - there is no bad view! Why pay for the "Ocean Point"?

The one bedroom "A's" along the waterfront are beautiful and so romantic to sit and watch the gorgeous sunsets and the turtles, but they have no cross ventilation and get very warm. The next level up are the one bedroom "B" units and are just perfect for couples with small children. There are several B units that have a fenced in grassy area where the children can run and play without fear of getting near the water. These units are also very close to the smaller of the two fresh water swimming pools.

My favorite is the "C" units. Most of them are two-story with a loft that has great views but also can get quite warm if the wind dies down! The loft is open and not very 'private'. There are a few corner units that are two bedrooms on one level and works well for the 'seniors' in my family. One of these also had a small air conditioner in one of the bedrooms - unit C37 - we had a family reunion in this unit and it was perfect. Nicely decorated, great view, and the sofa bed was very comfy. There are several gas BBQ’s throughout the complex and The Gazebo restaurant next door is great for breakfast and whale watching!

The beach at Napili Bay is a little bit of a trek, but fun – if you are a senior or have small children - get in your car and drive the one mile up to Kapalua Bay beach where the beach is easy access and has bathrooms! The snorkeling in the Napili Point Cove with the turtles is always the highlight for me.

I keep going back to Napili Point year after year with friends and family because the location is just perfect in every way. It is Paradise - as they advertise on their website. The management is terrific and, although the places are individually owned, it is run like a hotel. They have an activity desk, beach towels, golf discounts and oh yes, don't miss the Monday night Mai Tai Party by the pool.

I have read through all these ratings and it seems a couple of people had a bad experience - the place is very big - don't settle for less, ask to be moved - no one should ever have a bad day in Paradise! I have met so many people there who, like me, just keep coming back. I also agree with the ‘rating’ from St. Paul – it is a very quiet place – quests should respect that – that is what makes it so very special – turn down your TVs and take your ‘loud’ party to the local bar.

p.s. If you get a chance to see the play ‘Ulalena in Lahaina, I highly recommend it!

Nice place, great location.

by TripAdvisor Member TouristFromSeattle

I had to acommodate about 20 people for a wedding and this place was good for several reasons. We rented 4 units - C25, C17, C16, and B13. Each unit had a great ocean view so nobody was left out. It was really nice to wake up to a gorgeous sunrise every morning. Each unit was clean and well-decorated, well-furnished, and had decent kitchens and bathrooms with adequate supplies. A daily maid service was included and they showed up at the right time each day - about mid-morning. The resort seemed to be at capacity yet it was never noisy. The grounds are very well-kept and have a abundance of Plumeria trees - very nice. There was ample free parking. Finally, the price for the rooms couldn't be beat. With 6 people in each unit I think each person paid about $35 a night.

If I had to offer at least one complaint it would be that in the 2-bd units the sink & mirror section of the bathroom on the main floor was actually in the master bedroom, and access to the toilet & shower was through the bedroom - but that at least was in its own room with a door. We found this pretty inconvenient during the morning rush hour to get ready for the day.

Overall our decision to have everyone stay here was a good one. We all had a great experience.

Maui 3 Journeys One Planned

by chasjharrington

"March 2003"

March was a great month for maui all over the island moma whales (humpbacks) were teaching their babies how to breach, tail slap and flipper slap. I was watching from Napili Bay and say a little guy (girl?) breach 17 times in a row! By little I mean about 1000 pounds. As always the swimming was great. This time we swam twice a day and found some great books in Makena and Lahaina. The organic food was just great in the market in Paia.

"November 2001"

This Maui trip was a shortie added to a week in Kaui. We stayed at Napili Point. The great thing about Napili Point is all the grassy areas for my morning yoga olymics. We hadn't been to Maui since 1990 and this short visit lead to the 2003 journey . Each trip we learn to better join with our bliss and better avoid the pain. To me Maui Pain is the cost of eating out and activities. Cheap eats are found in a Mexican Place and a Chicken Place both located in Napili Plaza. The food there was good, nicely portioned and reasonably priced. We found the swimming excellent in Napili Bay.

Comments