Outrigger Aina Nalu Resort

660 Wainee Street, (formerly Aston Maui Islander), Lahaina, Hawaii, 96761, United States
Outrigger Aina Nalu
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Outrigger Aina Nalu Resort

Maui Islander

by cfwestbe about Ohana Maui Islander

Motel located 3 blocks from Front Street. Has a pool. Can have 1, 2 or 3 connecting rooms. If you get 2 or 3 rooms, you will also get an efficiency kitchenette. Beautiful landscaping. Great view of the west Maui mountain range. 3 blocks from the shore. Standard motel rooms with air conditioning and TV. Clean, quiet, and inexpensive accomodations. We will probably stay at this motel again. The more expensive resorts that are located nearby run from $200 to $900 a night. We obtain good room prices for our single room through our vacation package.

Budget hotel in Lahaina

by aeroldy about Ohana Maui Islander

Great basic accomodations with very friendly staff; clean & has reasonable amenities & pool. Gets humid there so air conditioning was really necessary. Would recommend if you want a budget stay within walking distance of downtown Lahaina.

What a location!!!!

We stayed at the Maui Islander 12/31/03-01/02/04 and it was not bad at all. I don't know what people were thinking stating that there is no kind people working there or how beat up and dirty the place was. It was not that bad at all. It was not brand new and was a worn out a little but not enough for me not to stay there again. Definately worth staying there just for location alone!! We left and went to stay at our condo and kind of missed the Islander. If your not happy with your room ask for an upgrade. The staff is more than happy to accomodate. I would love to start or end our trip there in the future. You can not beat the location! Remember this place if your not wanting to spend much money.

Budget Accomodations - Run Down, Good location

If you only want a place to sleep at night, and the price of this hotel compares favorably, go for it. It is conveniently located to front street and all that Lahaina has to offer. However, if you plan on spending any time there at all, I don' t recommend this hotel. We averaged at least one cockroach a day, we did not get a renovated room and it was a dump, nor were there any renovated rooms available. The pool area is real small and does not lend itself to spending any good deal of time there. As most reviews mention, be sure to mention that you didn't use the safe and don' t expect much in the way of maid service.

Great value!

We stayed at the Islander during the week of January 11, 2004. What a pleasant surprise! We were somewhat hesitant after reading the negative reviews but couldn't pass up the great location. The staff informed us, in writing, about the in-room safe charges when we checked in. They were happy to eliminate the charge. The renovated room, which we requested, was clean and quiet. Ground level was fine. We would definitely stay there again. The location was unbeatable. It was a lovely week. Thanks, Trip Advisor...we love your website!

Wife Hated it, I thought it was totally fine

by TripAdvisor Member prcted

Just got back from stay here in Feb. Windows are slat style, you can hear people pissing in their bathrooms that front the hallways, my wife hated it, she felt as if it was no privacy. The first room we had was very dirty, run down, not good at all. Compliments to the front desk manager who without hesitation upon my complaint upgraded us to a nicer room. Overall the property is very convenient, we liked the location and it has a real island vibe, but a bit run down and like I said, if open windows bother you, don't stay here. For out doorsey types this place would be excellent price deal.

Absolutely Horrible!

Absolutely the worst place I've ever been in. Very expensive for the location and condition of rooms which were very dark and smelled of mildew. The "lush, tropical grounds" were overgrown and unkept.
Reservations had been made for 5 nights and didn't spend even one night there! This location should not be advertised in the travel brochures.
Pictures on their website lead you to believe the rooms are bright and clean which is very misleading. No wonder they only include a picture of the pool in the travel brochures!

I would not consider walking from the motel to the waterfront because the location of this property is in a very run-down area.

Rough around the edges but pretty good

While definitely not perfect, this hotel was good for the money and I would probably stay in the Islander again if the price was right.

Pros: - GREAT location. An easy, 1 block walk to Front Street in Lahaina. The person below me that said that this hotel is in a bad neighborhood is way off base.- Nice landscaping.- The room was nice, but a bit run down. I did opt to spend the extra $10/day to get the 1 bd. suite and it was well worth the extra money. I think this was one of the "refurbished" rooms.- Really cheap, although I think I just got an abnormally good deal (via SunTrips).- The hotel staff was extremely helpful and told us about all extra charges upfront. They even removed the $2.50/day charge for the safe without me asking.- The room was clean when I got there and the cleaning staff did a good job keeping it that way.

Cons: - Noise was a big problem. The walls were paper thin, so when my neighbor chose to watch CNN until 5:30 AM I could hear every word of it. There were also some "large folks" in the room above us and we could hear every single footfall. If we had boisterous neighbors I would have gone nuts. Also, one of the walls in the bathroom consists of glass slats, so any noise you make in the bathroom can be heard in the walkway outside the room.So, in conclusion, if you can handle a little bit of noise and the price is right, go ahead and stay here! All the naysayers that posted here were expecting WAY too much.

It is a great little hideaway

I have stayed at this hotel for 6 years consecutively. I find it to be the last of the Hawaiian hotels. It has lush local flora representative of hte islands. The staff is helpful and remember me from one year to the next. The location is just 2 blocks from downtown Lahaina. Plenty of food, shopping, and entertainment establishments. It is centally located in the West area so that driving to different attractions is in both directions The pool area is family oriented. If you get up early in the morning, you can go for a quiet dip. Probably the only complaint I have is the charge for parking. I find these people a bit commercial on how they treat guests. There should be a weekly rate at least. The rooms are clean and functional. I am there to visit the island, not the room. If you want $10,000 paintings on the wall do stay inthe Kaanapali area. I have and it is also a great area to visit. For the price, location, atmosphere and ambience. I really enjoy this property

cfwestbe's new Lahaina - Maui - Hawaii Page

by cfwestbe

Missy and I spent a wonderful week on Maui. Wish we could have stayed longer. We only got a chance to see about half of what we wanted to visit. We stayed in Lahaina at the Maui Islander and traveled out from there every day.

Lahaina was the capital of Hawaii before it was moved to Honolulu. Lahaina was an old whaling town where the whaling ships came. There is lots of history in this town.

I am still scanning my photographs. 165 negatives scanned so far and I am less than half done. I will select the best photographs and add them to this page as I get time.

View from the Maui IslanderView from the Maui Islander