2661 Keka'a Drive, Lahaina, Hawaii, 96761-1933, United States

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Outrigger Maui Eldorado

Can't beat the Maui Eldorado

by TripAdvisor Member CCosolo

The Maui Eldorado is like home to us. My husband and I have vacationed there for 24 years. The location is perfect- on the golf course, a close walk to the beach and Whalers Village, and right on the trolley route. We have always felt as though the grounds were the Garden of Eden, with such lush tropical flowering plants and birds, not to mention the huge pool and the two smaller ones for quiet napping. They have all been renovated. There's shady garage parking and a quaint shop off the lobby for items you really need. True, there's no artificial anything at this resort. It's a great place to meet people from all over the world. The staff is beyond friendly, and they keep the grounds well groomed and the rooms clean. The balconies are huge and shady or huge and sunny. Cart service down to the beach cabana is also available. We can walk to many restaurants and drive north or south easily. Maui Eldorado is oriented toward anyone who wants relaxation, but also desires nearby entertainment and aquatic activities. Did I mention the terrific snorkeling only three minutes away?

Maui Eldorado is a home away from home!

Aloha! My husband and I honeymooned here at the Eldorado from Sunday May 16 - Friday May 21, 2004. We stayed in unit L-202, which was a beautifully decorated one bedroom condo with two bathrooms. It had a full kitchen, washer and dryer, and full patio furniture -- where we ate breakfast on the lanai every morning as the sun came up. The front desk staff was very friendly, our second day I took a shower and the tub wasn't draining so they sent someone up and they were there in 2 minutes to fix it. It must have gotten clogged with the sand from the beach :). Saucy and her crew at the concierge and market really helped make our stay more comfortable. She tells you honestly about which activity is a must, and what you probably want to skip. One thing you should know is that the Eldorado is not a beachfront resort -- it's nestled between two fairways on a golf course. The resort does have a shuttle down to the ocean, but my husband and I preferred the short (10 min, max) walk down to the ocean. All you have to do is let the front desk know, and the shuttle will take you there. The Eldorado is also the only resort on Maui that has a beach cabana exclusively for Condo owners and guests. The beach cabana has a full kitchen, where you can bring snacks and drinks (even alcoholic drinks may be consumed -- in moderation of course). A couple activities we would recommend is the Luau at the Hyatt, (you have to have Saucy book this for you as they do sell out days in advance sometimes) and rent your own snorkling gear from Maui Dive Shop and go snorkling at Black Rock behind the Sheraton Hotel. Ka'anapali Beach is gorgeous and the waves are real calm. Also when you check in they give you this tote bag with a cd of Hawaiian music and $50 in Big Kahuna bucks. You can use your Big Kahuna bucks at the Eldorado Market, on activities booked through the Eldorado -- check out the Luau! -- or you can get some REALLY good food over at CJ's next door. CJ's has awesome food and it was really affordable. We ate there 4 or 5 times during our stay on Maui. Overall we were more than impressed with this resort. It was so hard to leave Maui, and the Eldorado. We will be back soon!!! :)

Modern corner unit - ocean and golf course view

It turns out that some of the units at the Maui Eldorado Resort is privately owned. The key to saving money and finding the best remodeled units are to deal direct with the owner. I go every year and stay at unit K212 a contemporary and updated unit that has beautiful wood floors. The bathroom is spa like! You will love this place it's equivalent to 5 star hotel but with the comfort of your own home. And it's close to the front lobby so you don't have to meander around the complex for 10 minutes to find your unit. The Maui Eldorado is close to the beach, upscale shopping plaza Whaler's Village and offers on site golf and pool!

Not a 4-star place!

by TripAdvisor Member Marti

We stayed at the Maui Eldorado in August of '04 after I got a "great" internet rate of around $140/nt for a "4-star" hotel. After returning home, I contacted the internet company and disputed their ratings - they credited me the difference b/w the average 3 star rated hotel and this price. It took several weeks of investigation.
Pros: Location! Overlooks golf course, has several pools; parking was easy; use of another resort's gym was a big plus for us. The room was big and separated into a sitting area with tv, a patio and sliding doors to the patio. The kitchen was nice - though we didn't use it and I believe there was a washer and dryer.
Cons: Staff is unfriendly; the room was downright poorly-planned. Sure it was comfortable, but who ever heard of putting a shutter-type door on a toilet area of a bathroom? If we had guests and someone had to use the rest room, everyone would know your "business". The nearest beach is not one you could spend time on - it's very narrow. We drove to the nearest public beach (less than 1 mile away) and snorkeled the day away there. It was fabulous!!!
Overall - compared with other hotels in the area, it's the best rate by far. Since it's close to the amenities of those hotels, it makes it a decent deal. I'll probably stay somewhere else next time but look for good rates at the Maui Eldorado.

Decent Place

Yes it is true the Eldorado isn't the Ritz Carlton, but for the $ it was a good deal. My wife and I just returned from 6 nights @ the Maui Eldorado and had a great experience. We stayed in a 1 bedroom garden view and it was a very good size room. We did call ahead to get a condo that was recently remodeled which from reading the other reviews helped. The location is great being in the middle of a golf course and a 5 minute walk to a very nice beach.

The Eldorado is a great place to stay if you are looking for a great room, but if you are looking for all the bells and whistles of a hotel I would stay at the Westin or Marriott. I would stay at the Eldorado again!!!

Maui is Outstanding

March 7th to March 14th. Our first time to Maui. My Wife and I enjoyed our stay at the Maui Eldorado. The accomodations were appropriate for our stay, Studio Garden View on 1st floor. The price was great through expedia, just right for the level of accomodations and location. The staff was great. The room was one of the newly renovated rooms and it showed, very well done. The king sized bed was very comfortable. The rooms were very quiet we never heard our neighbors, which is nice.
Parking was fine for our rental car. Our unit was right by the front parking lot by the main building and we never had a problem with parking. Lots of renovations taking place at the facility. Unit was kept very clean each day. All the grounds were well kept up and maintained. Beach cabana was being newly painted and new sport flooring was being installed over the wood deck, new shower was installed for rinsing sand while we were there. New thatch roof umbrella huts were being installed on pool deck while we were there. Condo units were being renovated during the day, could see some construction materials and could hear saws, etc. Kitchen was well equipment. We bought groceries for breakfasts and lunches and that worked out great. We did use the grills for two dinners. Otherwise for Dinner we went out.
Shuttle trip to the beach is very nice, however it is a short walk as advertised.

Beach is a great quiet spot to watch a sunset too. It is nice to have a semi private location to enjoy the beach.

Kaanapali Beach area is a great area. We would stay in this area again if we ever come back.

Short walk to Whalers Village area and the beach area on that side of Black Rock. Black Rock is a good area for snorkeling.

Hula Grill is a great place to eat, as well as listen to music.

WE HAD A GREAT VACATION. VERY RELAXING.

Great Time!

My husband, 2yr old son and I stayed for nine days at the Maui Eldorado. We also had other family members staying in two other units. Because we read previous reviews, we requested updated rooms. Found out that the hotel has their own grading system, and with every room different, who knows what you'll get. When we arrived, I found our room was huge, very nicely appointed and had great views (we had a partial ocean view). The only downside for us was that there was no carpeting and with a 2yr old who rolls around in his sleep and is too big for a hotel crib, we were a little concerned with him falling on a tile floor. When I requested to see a simular quality room with carpet, the staff was happy to accommodate. But the other room wasn't as nice. So we rigged the bed up against the wall and stuffed it with pillows on the side and the maid service was great and didn't change it back every night. Speaking of beds, I do have one other downside...our mattresses needed to be seriously updated. Views, appointments, space and cleanliness don't mean anything if you can't get a good night's rest when you're on vacation!

The staff was very friendly except for the one man who was acting as the activities person/store clerk, he was horribly rude and shouldn't be allowed to work in Hawaii. Luckily there was a woman who was there the rest of the time and she was great.

The fact that we had to ride a golf cart to the beach was a plus for us...our son couldn't wait to get on. And although there is a sand hill that drops to the water, our son made climbing that into a game too.

If your looking to be pampered in a plush hotel with beautiful courtyards, great pools and don't mind eating out for every meal, chose one of the big ones (we've stayed at the Westin Maui before kids.) But if your looking for comfort, convenience, with a friendly staff and want to stay in Kaanapali, I would recommend the Maui Eldorado. (But remember to check the mattresses!

Great Condo!

This was our first stay at a condo in Maui. We usually stay at the Kaanapali Marriot, but due to the un-availability of rooms, stayed at the Eldorado upon a recommendation from our family. The room was super clean, had a great view with a large lanai. Having a kitchen was nice to store diet-friendly snacks for in-between meals. The bathroom was enormous and lots of closet space. The beach down by the cabana was by far the best beach I have ever been to in Maui. Sand for miles! Though we missed the drinks by the pool, the price difference between a high priced resort and the Eldorado was way worth it! My parents have been staying at the Eldorado for the past 3 years. They love it so much, they are in the process of trying to buy a unit there. For more information on the unit number we stayed in, please feel free to email me!

Great place for family reunion

We had a family reunion at the Eldorado. 14 of us in 3-two bedroom condos. The rooms were spotless and free of the usual insects which we have previously encountered in the islands. Daily room cleaning, etc. was good. There were sufficient dishes and cookware in one of the units to serve all of us at any meal. The walking distance to the beach was the only drawback since it was across a golf course. There was cart service to the beach if desired. The Eldorado is in the Kaanapali beach area close to Lahaina. Prices at Safeway were high and the shelves were not always stocked, but we bought our provisions at Costco just outside of the airport, well stocked shelves and good prices considering we were at Maui.

neutral

by TripAdvisor Member defiant1

Good deal for the money. Average room, but nice view. Just beware of golf balls early in the morning in. But would go some place else if going back to Maui. Probably Wailea.

Seafood Ravioli topped with CrabSeafood Ravioli topped with Crab

CatamaranCatamaran

Best Western Pioneer Inn in Lahaina? Any feedback

by oregongirl78

Hello,

We are staying in Maui for 4 nights and are considering the Pioneer Inn.
We want to get a bit of the nightlife and "tourist" stuff before heading to Kauai.

Has anyone stayed at the Pioneer Inn?

We appreciate any information.

Thanks :)

by YVRDave

Great location with Colonial designed rooms. No AC and reasonable prices. If you require AC and the Lahaina area, try The Maui Kaanapli Villas or The Maui Eldorado.

by travelgourmet

Aloha. If you really want to be downtown Lahaina, very busy and noisy, then the Pioneer Inn is a great place to stay to feel like you are back in time, the rough and rugged times. If you want more a more relaxing and resort style then look into the Ka'anapali Resorts for the Whaler's Village, and resort style nightlife in Maui. Aloha oe

a better place to stay???

by oregongirl78

Hi,

Thanks for the help :)

We've changed our mind and think a little more laid back of a place would be better.
So....does anyone know of an oceanfront location that isn't isolated? ($150 or below a night). We would prefer to be able to have a cocktail at night somewhere within walking distance

I was considering Napili Bay or Hale Kai.

Thanks again :))

by kushun

Hello
I think you will definitely like the location of the Pioneer Inn in Lahaina. If you stay in Kaanapali you are not in walking distance of Lahaina. Lahaina is where you'll want to spend your evenings. You will get your laid back atmosphere when you get to Kauai. Whalers village in Kaanapali is just a cookie-cutter shopping center. Lahaiana is a historic whaling town. It has a very unique feel to it. Don't get me wrong, it is also extremely touristy, but you can definaitely still see cool old waterfront buildings, now occupied by shops, galleries bars and restaurants. In my opinion Kaanapali is more sterile, for the yuppier golf-oriented bunch.
As far as Kauai, I would reccommend Poipu for visitors. My botfriend is from Kapa'a and we visit alot. It's a neat place too, but as a tourist, you might feel Poipu is the Kauai you have been dreaming about. Kapaa is more local, less polished. The north shore of Kauai is heavenly!!! Talk about quintesential Hawaii. I used to always stay at the Hanalei Bay resort.
I'm curious to know what you finally decide on and how it all worked out.
Have fun