Resortquest At The Papakea Resort

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Resortquest At The Papakea Resort

Papakea Resort

by msnmaui2002 about Papakea Resort

$100-$150 US for one bedroom (sleeps 4) Oceanside, tropical gardens, 2 pools, 2 jacuzzis, great views. Nicely equipped condos. Friendly and helpful staff. Great poolside mai tai party!

Loved the Aston Papakea Resort

If you are not high maintenance, and are ok with a moderate hotel and on a budget yet want a beautiful actual ocean view. This is the perfect place for you. Perfect downtown location. Please keep in mind the rooms are completely different than one another. The room we stayed in was in the B Building B305,and some of them are not attractive. Beautiful ocean view, along with the pool. We went to sleep listening to the waives, we kept the door to our cute lanai open. We had a kitchen, washer and dryer. It was great, I felt like in a mini apt, it was very convenient. Be sure the inquire about your room. Please note, there are alot of stray cats here, but they did not bother me at all, they play alot at the mingolf section. The outside hot tub is 104 degrees, a little too hot for my taste, forget going in there when you have a sunburn! Mahalo!

Loved the Papakea

We stayed at the Aston Papakea Resort from June 6-June 9th. Maui is a beautiful island and was very enjoyable. If you're looking to get away from the quick pace of the city, Maui is the place to go. We booked our condo through Maui Dreams Come True and had an awesome ocean view with three bedrooms. There was more than plenty of room for the seven people in our party. I would definitely recommend using their service and visiting the island of Maui.

Absolutely Perfect Papakea!

We stayed at the Papakea May 24-31, 2003. Our condo was a wonderful 2 bedroom plus a loft. The unit had 3 full bathrooms! We were a party of 3 adults and 2 kids so the extra room was very much appreciated. We never felt crowded or on top of each other. We were in an ocean front unit that had spectacular sunsets and awesome views of Lanai. There is a supermarket almost directly across the street and an ABC market within walking distance. I found the front desk staff to be courteous and helpful with restaurant recommendations and driving directions. The only problem we had was spotty maid service the first few days, but that improved the last part of our stay. The beach at the hotel is NOT a good beach for swimming, snorkling...we went to Black Rock or Kapalua for our beach days. The only drawback to Papakea was for us is that my husband and I are divers and the hotel is about 40 minutes from Kihei and the dive boat. I would recommend Papakea to anyone who wants to be near Lahaina or Kapalua, it is a great hotel. If you are diving and your dive boat operator leaves from the Kihei boat ramp I would recommend staying closer to Kihei and saving yourself a very early morning drive.

Papakea is family friendly

We stayed 7 nights at the end of June in unit E-401, which we rented through Maui Dreams Come True, a local property mgmt. co. The Papakea is actually located just north of Kaanapali in Honokowai. This area got windy and we experienced some short periods of rain shower, while Lahaina was dry. The unit was clean, comfortable and had all the amenities we needed for a family of 4 including a W/D, fully equipped kitchen with D/W and M/W. This corner unit afforded us an unobstructed and breathtaking view of the ocean from the lanai. With the windows open, we could hear the ocean at night. We had chosen the Papakea because it is an ocean front property, the buildings are low-rise (only 4 floors high) and the buildings are surrounded by lush vegetation and it has 2 swimming pools. We were not disappointed. If you are looking for a children's program, gift shop, gym, restaurant, etc., this is not the place for you. Papakea is an oceanfront property but there is no beach. However, the Aston Kaanapali Shores is right next door and it has a beach. Conveniently located across the street is a small shopping center with a Star market, video rental store, gift shop, etc. Three times a week, you will find a small farmer's market up the road. Some of the units at the Papakea are managed by Aston, but many are also rented through local property mgmt companies and I found their rates much lower. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Papakea.

Also pleased with the Papakea

We spent 5 nights at the Papakea in late April 2004 and were also very pleased with our stay. I am very grateful to the person on this site that suggested if you can possibly afford an oceanfront room then do it.This we did and had a great 2brm unit on the top floor of F block.It was fantastic to look out & see unobstructed views of the ocean. We saw whales that we probably wouldnt have realized were there had we not been oceanfront.It was also great to go to sleep to the sound of the waves.We were a family of 5 and found the unit to be very spacious with the loft upstairs making it more like a 3brm,3bathroom unit. Fantastic for 2adults & 3 teenage children.We found the staff at the front desk very friendly, & made good use of the tennis courts,putting greens & even an aquarobics class.Whilst it is not your 5star resort it is still a very pleasant, friendly place to have a relaxing holiday. The only thing it lacks is a good swimming beach but we knew this at the time of booking and its not far to drive to various beaches ( we loved Napili Bay). I think the Papakea represents great value for money for a great oceanfront Hawaiian family holiday. We booked over the internet thru Hawaii Connection and were very happy with them.

Were pleased with Papakea

by TripAdvisor Member KSinNS

I admit that I was terrified about staying here but was very pleased with our stay. It is true that all rooms are different but we were fortunate. Our room (j307) was very nice. Tile floor, great furniture, clean and fantastic views. On our last day, we got a day room as our flight left late and it was terrible!! (h107). It was not clean, old furniture and I would have been horrified to get this room, especially as we were staying for 2 weeks. If you can get a good room here (I am not sure how to guarantee this!) - you should enjoy it very much. It seemed that we could easily drive to just about anywhere on the island. We especially liked the scenic and short drive to Kapalua Beach every morning for a snorkel before breakfast. I love Maui!!

Great stay at the Papakea (June 2004)

by TripAdvisor Member D-Hall

We stayed at the Papakea from 5/29/04 through 6/8/04 and had a great time. We stayed in L-102 (ocean front timeshare) for 7 days and H-205 an Aston property rental for 3 days. Unit L-102 was awesome, ground floor ocean front, about 50 feet from the water and great views of susnset, flooring had just been replaced. H-205 was a more normal standard room 2bed/2bath a litle worn, had to have the safe lock installed as it was missing, but otherwise a good unit with an above standard ocean view from this second floor unit. We paid $138 per night for this room with an Entertainment Discount. The gas bbq's at the pools worked well and the both pools and jacuzzi's were in good working order. Also, had fun at the two well manicured putting greens with my son. All in all a great family resort with plenty of beaches witihn a 20-30 minute drive as the beach at Papakea is extremely limited in access.

Great first time

Our 1st trip to Hawaii was made even better by our stay at the Aston Papakea. It is a great condominium resort and lived up to all the comments, pictures, etc. listed on the website. We had a 2br/2ba condo ocean view unit. Being the skeptic that I am, I assumed that our 'ocean view' might mean a glimpse of the ocean from the bathroom but I was wrong. We had a full view of the ocean from our private lanai. Buildings are situated on the property at an angle and most units provide a great view. Also a view of the well-manicured/landscaped grounds including pool, jacuzzi, putting green and lush koi ponds. The unit was clean, spacious and housekeeping service was reliable. No problem with check in/out. The only thing was that it was a little noisy early in the morning for the room that backed up to the walkway. But I think travellers get up earlier because most of them are on 'mainland time'. Nice shopping center across the street, islands shops down the street. Beach in front is small, but you have access to beaches next door. The only other thing that I wasn't expecting is that while the property address is Lahaina, we were actually above Ka'anapali, about 5 miles north of Lahaina. Not a big deal but it was difficult to find that first night. When I go back to Maui next time, I would definetly consider staying at this resort again!

Our group of 8 stayed in an oceanfront unit with 2 bedrooms downstairs and a loft upstairs. We didn't get the queen sleeper sofa we were promised and they offered to move us to another unit but it was late and we were too tired to move. Two unfortunate people in our group ended up on a very uncomfortable rollaway bed.

We give it the thumbs up for cleanliness, modern amenities in the unit, friendly & helpful front desk, the oceanfront view, and proximity to other beaches, restaurants, and grocery store. And there's a Boss Frog's just down the street. Too bad the beach isn't ideal for swimming but it's only a 5 minute drive to other great beaches. Great value for big groups.

Comments