2780 Kekaa Drive, Kaanapali Beach, Lahaina, Hawaii, 96761, United States

Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Marisola's Profile Photo

Hawaiian Honeymoon!

The Royal Lahaina is a beautiful hotel and resort with an oceanfront location on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world!!! It's heaven on earth!

Unique Quality: This would be the perfect place for a wedding or honeymoon! There is a unique wedding path and gazebo in the garden. How could you not fall in love here?!?

Directions: Take Highway 30 (Honoapiilani Highway) toward Lahaina.
    Pass the town of Lahaina (3 miles), then go one exit past
    Kaanapali Parkway. Turn left on Kekaa Drive. Turn right
    at the stop sign and follow Kekaa Drive downhill to the hotel.

• Old Hotel

If you want to stay in the same place that your grandparents did in the 1960's when they visited Hawaii, then the Royal Lahaina is the place for you!

This is a very old hotel that we stayed at as part of a vacation package. Will never stay here again! It's an out-of-date hotel with only a so-so beach. It's decor is "Hawaiian 60's style."

You get nickeled and dimed to death here, too. For example, they charge $9.00 per day parking!! This is outrageous considering that the stalls are too small and they own the property that it sits on. It's not like the parking lot is in downtown Lahaina.

The pool is too small and there really is not a whole lot to do around the hotel facility. It is better to stay at a property further south on Kaanapali beach resort area. I know that I won't waste my time staying here again.

More about Royal Lahaina Resort

Excellent Location For Tennis

by domerta about Royal Lahaina Resort

I was on business and this resort had a tennis club right next to it where I was able to play tennis until I dropped...what a fantastic location. I enjoyed the pool and beach including the resturants.

nice resort on maui

by modsquads about Royal Lahaina Resort

i went to Maui with my brother, who is 5 years younger. when checking in, the staff presumed we were honeymooners, and promtly upgraded us to the appropriate suite, and we did not see the need to correct them! it was fabulous...canopy bed, 2 bathrooms, a pullout in the living room, 3 balconies, an amazing jacuzzi, and bar/kitchen area. PHONES IN THE BATHROOMS...what extravagance!

Playground for Maui's chiefs.

by travelgourmet about Royal Lahaina Resort

Completed a makeover on all the tower rooms as of February, 2007. The Royal Lahaina Resort started out as a beach club with cottages for the members only, and now has over 500 rooms to go with the cottages. You get the feel of old Hawaii, as you stroll through the grounds, without the crowds of Ka'anapali, but within the Ka'anapali Beach.

The only place to stay is in one of the cottages. Separate from the high rise hotel section of the grounds, the cottages are set among the flora of the Island, with tall palms, swaying above in the tropical breeze. Each unit has it's own patio area, some with views of the ocean right before your feet, or a view of the garden area with a mutitude of Hawaiian flora to enjoy.

Many couples get married right on the beach in front of the Hotel, and the Royal Lahaina Luau is one of the best. The beach itself has one of the better sand areas on all of Ka'anapali. Worth the stay, and the price is right. Many lovers come to the Royal Lahiana to get married in the garden gazebo. After the wedding, the hotel has a stepping stone placed on the paths of the grounds with your names and date of wedding. Nice touch. See my travelogue on the grounds of the Royal Lahiana Hotel, Maui.

A night in Paradise

by worldglobetrotter about Royal Lahaina Resort

We stayed in the Garden View room...but if you went out on the little balcony, turned to the left, there was the ocean. Besides, who stays in their hotel all day?

Our room was nice enough...There was a mini fridge, full-length mirror in the bathroom, a lanai, a table and chair inside, TV, and a king-size bed. We didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel...so much to do. The buffet-type breakfast was quite good. Sitting outside on the patio at breakfast was so nice. Don't touch the coffee products in the room (don't use them or you'll be charged an exorbitant amount).

The hotel staff was very friendly...it is a nice hotel. The luau here is great! We had a wonderful time.

This is completely insane: we didn't make it to the beach. We ran out of time. Guess we'll just have to go back! On Kaanapali's best beach, adjacent to the Kaanapali Golf Courses. Approximately 10 minutes from West Maui Airport and 40 minutes from Kahului Airport.

Guest Room Amenities
- Iron and ironing board
- Radio
- Shower
- Coffee / tea maker
- In-room movies (charge)
- Hair Dryer
- Telephone (charge local & access calls)

Oldie but Goodie

by beaniezotzim about The Royal Lahaina

Well... I didn't officially stay here at this hotel, but our friends did, and we crashed with them for 3 out of the 5 nights we were in Maui. This hotel is one of the older ones. Don't misunderstand me though, I use the word "old" only to describe its age, not its appearance or productivity. I personally thought that the way it is designed makes it pretty much timeless... it seems to fit in at any point, it wasn't made with any structural point to any one decade in architechture... just plain and simple and timeless.
There is a Hotel tower, which I cannot speak for, because we did not see any of those rooms.. we stayed in one of the cottages on the golf course, so the view was a beautiful green, well manicured lawn area with Plumeria trees dotting the landscape. it was truly perfect.. (in my opinion.) I don't usually do luxury so my opinion is really a baby one when you concider I usually stay at the nearest motel 6...
anyway, This hotel is cheaper than most of the other resorts, and I think that the money you pay comparitively to the other resorts is worth it.... In this picrure my husband and I enjoying our first Maui sunset at the Royal Lahaina... ahh memories. beautifully manicured grounds... plumeria everywhere..... the smell, the trees. I loved it

The most Hawaiian resort in Maui

by KevChi about Kaanapali Beach Hotel

Mention of Ka'anapali isn't complete without mention of the wonderful Ka'anapali Beach Hotel.

If you want the ultimate in state-of-the-art pampering, jet-setter discos and nightlife, overpriced snooty restaurants, and trendy fellow guests, then the KBH is NOT for you.

Instead, the Ka'anapali Beach Hotel specializes in providing a warm, genuinely friendly, and caring stay with the most thoroughly HAWAIIAN experience to be found in this area. After you admire the views of Lana'i and Moloka'i from the beach, turn around and face the series of developments. See all of the high rises and overblown excesses on this stretch of coast? See that gap just south of the Sheraton where comparatively low-rise buildings are fronted by palms? That's the KBH. You'll find honest and sincere Hawaiian music every night, occasional local Hawaiian groups meeting there, and staffers practicing their own dancing at breaks, right by their lobby desks. There is a heavy emphasis on employee education in Hawaiian culture, language and history, and it shows with a marvelous spirit and friendliness of service.

Bet you don't find any of that at the Hyatt or the Marriott! Heck, you could stay at the Royal Lahaina and pretend you're in Tucson, Tampa or Topeka (you won't be able to tell the difference).

The Ka'anapali Beach Hotel was the highlight of our family's recent Hawaiian vacation. THIS is the resort with genuine "aloha" spirit.

Beautiful Beach, Run down hotel

The Royal Lahaina Resort is far from a resort. The beach is perfect and the veiw we had was great but...The rooms were in desprate need of updating, Sheets were not changed on a daily basis. You felt like the items in the room were older then your grandmother! The staff there made you feel like an inconvience rather then a guest. We went to Oahu 1st and stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Wakiki, Everything was great there!! When I return to Maui I will stay at Kaanapali beach area its so perfect., but I can gaurantee I will spend a little more money and stay at the Hyatt which is only 1/8 of a mile up the road on our next trip

ROYAL LAHAINA RESORT GROUNDS

by travelgourmet

"THE BEAUTY OF MAUI"

The black rock at the Sheraton's Maui Resort is prominent in the view from the beach at the Royal Lahiana Resort, Ka'anapali Beach, Maui, Hawaii.

"A HALF MILE OF BEACHFRONT"

The beach at the Royal Lahaina is perfect. Smooth, sandy beach with a glassed off bayfront ocean, looking out to both Islands of Lana'i and Moloka'i. The reef front about fifty yards out to sea, has a great viewing channel, twenty feet down, with a variety of fish.

"MEMORIES ARE MADE OF THIS"

This is a wonderful marriage site, the Royal Lahaina garden gazebo. In fact, the hotel lets you put your names and wedding date on a stepping stone that will be placed in a stone path within the garden.

"THE BEAUTY OF TROPICAL FLOWERS"

Surrounding you in every direction, from the gazebo area, the gardens offer the different species of tropical flora to gaze upon.

"TREES OF YELLOW AND GOLD"

The many trees that are in the garden range from the gingers to the orchids to the many tropical trees from around the world. All colorful and many fragrant.

"THIS IS A MAGNIFICENT BANANA PALM"

If you never saw this "Travellers Palm", and come upon one, you are awe struck. Such symmetry, such beauty in the flowing leaves, looking like a palm but it is a member of the banana family.

"COCONUT PALM TREE GARDENER"

Ok, so I knew somebody had this job. This picture on the grounds of the Royal Lahaina was one of those lucky shots, because the climber gardener told me that he only cleans off the palm fronds and coconut clusters every three months. Some of the palms are over 50 feet high and he goes up hand over hand, foot over foot. Wow!

"UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN, ALOHA"

The setting sun, the sound of the ocean, the feel of the warm sand and the refreshing water, all of these are reminders of a perfect day in paradise. The strains of slack guitars drift by your waiting ears, the scent of tropical flowers fill you with content, and your eyes gaze out to a beautiful sunset, all this coming from the grounds of the Royal Lahaina, in Maui, Hawaii, as you await the perfect night in paradise. To you I say, "Aloha oe".

Royal Lahaina ResortRoyal Lahaina Resort

Beach at Royal Lahaina ResortBeach at Royal Lahaina Resort

Luaus- Old Lahaina, Royal Lahaina or Hyatt Luaus?

by kittycc

Which one do you prefer and why? I can't seem to make up my mind about these 3. I assume that out of the 3, the Old Lahaina Luau and the Hyatt Luaus are the better ones?

RE: Luaus- Old Lahaina, Royal Lahaina or Hyatt Luaus?

by aligobs

The only thing I can comment on is the Old Lahina Luau which we just did in February. Once you get past the fact that to get to the Luau you have to park in a strip mall after entering the Luau you are in another world all together. The Luau is set directly on a beautiful private beach and is timed for a fantastic sunset. The drinks are included in the price and they do come often. There is time before the luau to walk the grounds and take plenty of pictures which you'll want to do in this setting. They roast the pig underground and unearth it right before dinner is called. The food was OK, I won't say great but it was plentiful. the dancing was fantastic and very entertaining. I will say this was one of the highlights of my Hawaiian vacation.

by Buzzzzz

What kind of drinks do they offer? Beer? Mixed?

by kittycc

Thanks! I think we are definitely booking the OLL. I've been going back and forth about it since it has no fire dancers and that was kinda what we were looking for. But after going through lots of forums and getting info/pictures, I figured it's best to give up the fire dancers for a better looking place. I've seen some pictures of the Hyatt Luau and they didn't seem that great. Table cloth caferteria tables with lawn chairs. Plus it looks like a HUGE luau so if you get there late, you'd have to sit waayyyyyy in the back. The back looked really far from the stage. I like that the OLL is right there by the beach, it has the circle stage so more people get a good view plus you don't have to stand in line and hope (first come, first serve) that you get a good spot.

RE: Luaus- Old Lahaina, Royal Lahaina or Hyatt Luaus?

by kiko456

My wife and I have been to many luaus on the islands. OLL is hands down our all-time favorite. As a history teacher on the mainland, I really appreciated the history of hula and Hawaii. The performers tell the historical story of the islands and of hula. It is the only luau on Maui that gives guest a fresh flower lei upon entering. The grounds are large and spacious. The people are extremely friendly. The food may be only average, but the drinks are strong.
There is a reason OLL sells out weeks in advance.

by Blessy

How about the Maui Prince Luau? Did you ever see a good feedback on them? We will be staying in S. Maui so we are planning to go to the Maui Prince. But I am not sure if it's as good as the OLL.

Comments