Wai Ola Vacation Paradise on Maui

1565 Kuuipo Street, Lahaina, Hawaii, 96761, United States

More about Wai Ola Vacation Paradise on Maui

One week in Wai Ola

I am not really big on reviews but I just had to write about Wai Ola. We’ve spend one week in November in Wai Ola Vacation Paradise and it was amazing. We’ve stayed in Kuuipo room and had direct ocean view from our lanai. Very quiet neighborhood, very nice hosts (Kim is an awesome cook). World class beaches are short drive away (I would recommend getting a car on Maui). If you are looking for a nice place that feels like home away from home and if you are not too big on overcrowded areas of big resorts, you should definitely check Wai Ola.

Feels just like home

by TripAdvisor Member NYFLAZ

With very little experience staying in a B&B I decided to give it a go based on a referral.

I am now sold on Wai Ola Vacation Paradise.  The feel was like being in your own home, only better.  Upon arrival my wife and I were greeted by big smiles and hugs from the owners, Kim & Jim.  They gave a wonderful tour of the property and then led us to our room.  It was spacious, quite clean, decorated in a very “warm” manner, and the fresh fruit was a nice touch.

In the morning the smell of fresh baked goods fills the house and spacious backyard.  There are gorgeous murals on the back wall as well as on the front face of an immaculate double unit BBQ.  Plenty of room and chairs to sit around the pool enjoying the many surrounding palm trees.  It was fun to enjoy a few cooked meals at poolside.

The location of Wai Ola was excellent.  It is situated close to all attractions yet not in all the traffic as we later found other facilities to be.

Kim & Jim were quite familiar with the island and all it had to offer.  The price, the warmth of the owners, and all the comforts of home will bring us back to Wai Ola many times in the future.

Paradise for Everyone

Our whole family of 15 spent a most delightful week at the Wai Ola Vacation Paradise on Dec.26-Jan.1, 2006. Because we occupied the whole property, we had exclusive use of a large fully equipped kitchen, a spacious and comfortable living/dining room, as well as the swimming pool and jacuzzi. Our grandson celebrated his first birthday there, along with his 3 older cousins, uncles and aunts. Wai Ola afforded our large family the opportunity and space to enjoy one another's company during meals and recreation time, but it also provided our sons' families and us the privacy we needed in our own luxurious units. Wai Ola's central location made it easy for us to go around Maui, and the nearby lush vegetation, mountain and ocean treated us to breath-taking and spectacular views from the long and wide balcony.

We came to Maui with a long list of places to see and things to do, but we had agreed that everything was optional; no one was obliged to participate in any of them. We often found ourselves enjoying our family activities right there at Wai Ola that we decided to skip some of the side trips.

The warm and gracious hospitality of Kim and Jim Wicker made Wai Ola a true home away from home for the young and the old. They made us feel like family from the very first. At no time did any of us feel watched or supervised. We all luxuriated in the freedom that allowed us to relax in peace and comfort. The fresh fruits in the kitchen, the fresh-cut exotic Hawaiian flowers in every room, and the extensive library of books, CDs and DVDs are just some of the many delights we enjoyed

Even before our flight home touched down at LAX, we were already planning our return visit to this vacation paradise.

Enjoyed Our Stay

by TripAdvisor Member gdypiang

My family and I were part of the group of 15 who stayed at Wai Ola from December 26 to January 1. My immediate family of 4 stayed in the Makai apartment. It is located on the lower level of the main house, on the same level as the pool. We spent a lot of time on the main floor, where the living room, dining room, and kitchen are located. But we also enjoyed our own private apartment downstairs. Our 2 daughters, ages 8 and 10, each had a full-size futon of their own on which to sleep in the living room, while my wife and I had a comfy queen size bed in a separate bedroom.

We ate most of our meals up on the main floor, but we did have our own refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, sink, plates, etc. in our own kitchen and dining area.

My daughters got a lot of use of the pool and spa, as well as the assorted pool floats that were provided.

As noted in other reviews, there is also a lot of stuff available to take to the beach. We loaded up our rental cars with beach chairs, mats, umbrellas, coolers, and towels, all courtesy of Kim and Jim.

It was an excellent stay, one that we will not soon forget.

Home away from home

My family of three occupied the Malanai Suite at Wai Ola as part of a larger party of 15 that took over the whole property. Upon our night time arriving at Wai Ola, we were warmly greeted by Jim and Kim who helped us get oriented to the property. Wai Ola is literally two minutes away from the hustle and bustle of Lahaina's Front Street, yet is north of the highway in a nice, quiet residental area.

Our Malanai Suite was simply that...sweet. It has its own entrance from the outside and also an inside entrance from a flight of stairs that lead to the kitchen, living and dining rooms. As a light sleeper, I had no problems falling asleep at night on the comfortable and firm king-sized bed (there's also a queen-sized futon bed in the room). The twin fans and air-conditioning always kept the room at a comfortable temperature when we were in the room. The bathroom was neat and clean with what seemed like an endless supply of bath and beach towels.

As far as the rest of the facility, our party took full advantage of every amenity--cooking many meals in the fully-equipped kitchen and pool-side BBQ grill, relaxing in the pool and jacuzzi almost every night, watching UCLA beat Northwestern in the Sun Bowl on the large screen TV, borrowing beach chairs, mats, snorkel equipment, and coolers for our beach excursions, and using Jim and Kim's knowledge of the island to find out the best beaches for the little ones and best beaches for snorkeling.

Jim and Kim are the most gracious hosts, and Wai Ola is the perfect getaway with all the amenities of home.

Aloha!

A great place to stay

My wife and I stayed at the Wai Ola in July 2005. We were on a tight budget and a bit nervous when we booked this bed and breakfast. Little did we know that booking the Wai Ola was one of our best decisions for our trip.

We were well greeted by the hosts, Jim and Kim, who are very pleasant, and given a complimentary fruit basket. Occasionally we would be surprised by some wonderful baked goods from Kim, like coffee cake. Throughout the stay Jim and Kim were forth coming with advice for our vacation.

The room was very clean and well kept as were the rest of the grounds. It is not a big place and it is not on the water, but my wife and I were able to walk to Front street in twenty minutes. In all I recommend the Wai Ola very highly.

We LOVED it!!

My husband and I were on our honeymoon in Jan 2006 and worked our entire Hawaiian vacation around our stay at Wai Ola. We stayed in the Malanai Suite for one week and loved every minute of it. The room was spacious and had a breathtaking view from our private lanai.

The hosts Jim and Kim are a fountain of knowledge and had no problem finding us a luau or calling a taxi for us. They are so warm and their only objective was to make our stay as wonderful as possible.
Kim's baking skills are amazing. We were lucky enough to have some of her delicious banana bread, double chocolate brownies and the best of all was her pineapple, coconut cake.

There were beach toys, chairs, and coolers available any day you would need them. The free washer and dryer also came in handy towards the end of the week. They have two bbq's by the pool which we used quite often to cook supper. We loved our stay with Jim and Kim and would not hesitate to stay with them again.

Aloha
J&B

Better than a 5-star hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Nonester

We stayed in the Mauka Studio from February 3 - 10th and moments after we arrived we felt completely at home. Kim greeted us with a beautiful fruit basket of pineapple, oranges, grapes, and papaya. Here's a tip that Kim gave us - squeeze fresh lime juice on the papaya and it tastes even better! The room was very spacious, clean and there was a coffee maker, coffee grinder, and they even had a jar full of coffee beans for us to use. It was great to have a full-sized fridge and good to have the toaster too! The bathroom is a great size, and they have it so warmly decorated you do definitely feel at home. The pool and the hot tub were definitely a refuge for us when it was way too windy to be at the beach, and we took advantage of the gas bbq in the pool area for a couple of meals. In the one week we were there Kim treated us to her fantastic baking - banana bread, lemon cheesecake bars and brownies. This was definitely a pleasant treat and it's these kinds of things that makes Wai Ola way better to stay at than the fanciest hotels. The personalized service that both Jim and Kim gave us as well as tips where to eat, snorkel and shop were greatly appreciated. We were so happy to have the use of a cooler, beach chairs, mats and umbrellas for the beach. We were very sad to leave and I know others have written this but it is so true that you feel like you are leaving your friends when you have to go, that's how wonderful Jim and Kim are. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions, and if you are not sure where to stay on Maui, hopefully this review guides you to stay at Wai Ola. You won't be disappointed.

A wonderful stay in paradise!

by TripAdvisor Member cotech

We stayed in the Kuuipo room at the Wai Ola Vacation Paradise from Feb 10-17 of this year. Our room was beautifully decorated in a tropical motif. Lovely fresh flowers were set out on the table. I thought they were fake until Jim informed me that they were real. Kim brought over a large fruit basket and came back to cut the pineapple when it was ripe a couple of days later. Now that is what I call great service!
We enjoyed the large lanai which overlooked the pool and jucuzzi area. The whales were easily visible with the binoculars that were hung right outside our ocean view room. We felt like the pool was just for us since we were the only ones using it most of the time.
Kim is a wonderful baker! She made some delicious chocolate banana bread as well as some yummy muffins. They even brought over a delightful chocolate cheese cake on Valentine's Day before we went to dinner so we wouldn't order dessert. That is how thoughtful they are.
We hated to leave the Wai Ola which was indeed paradise! Kim and Jim were wonderful hosts. Stay there and you won't be disappointed.

Wonderful Vacation at Wai Ola

by TripAdvisor Member apacat

We stayed in the Makua Studio at the Wai Ola in Feb. We had spent the previous week in a resort in Wailea. The Wai Ola beat it by far and surpassed anything I could expect. The studio was tremendous and immaculate. It had a breakfast bar with everything you could need. You could make you own coffe as a jar of beans was available. Kim and Jim were wonderful and gave us a fruit basket. Kim even kept her eye on the pineapple and cut it when it was ready. They knew the best places to snorkel and beaches to go to. It was great to have the use of beach chairs, coolers, and plenty of beach towels. Last, but not least, Kim is a phenomenal baker and we had the pleasure of her bananna bread, cranbury muffins, and cheesecake for valentines Day. I look forward to returning to Wai Ola.

Comments