Peace Of Maui

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 93 reviews
Booking.com

Peace of Maui - beware cancellation policy

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 4, 2005

Maybe we got off on the wrong foot with Peace of Maui, but after starting out with a total of nine contacts (phone calls & emails combined) to get a reservation & confirmation (for example, they sent us a confirmation for someone named "Sarah" - I'm Beth) I should have been a bit wary - but I thought, Cute, they're on Maui time, this'll be fun ! However, when we got to Maui and found (yer gonna love this) that we had no valid driver's license and no prospect of one for the entire trip (yeah, our BIG stupid!!), the fun did begin. Peace of Maui is up quite a ways on the side of Haleakala, & the daily taxi fare would have been truly prohibitive, but Peace of Maui chose to adhere strictly no fooling to their cancellation policy, & nailed our credit card immediately that day (no more maui time all of a sudden) for the entire amount, not mentioning this in our myriad conversations. I called after our 17 day vacation and asked how many days had been sold, & only 6 had been booked (a little odd since the Maui Marathon was in town while we were on the island - a couple actually walked into the bungalow where we did find a place in Kihei one night frantic for a place to stay) & that was credited, leaving us with an expensive lesson at over $600 USD. Now that is their right since it is published on their website (do check that page out carefully before you book), but there was NO flex on our over-two weeks booking, no Aloha, no apparent thought to future guest relations - even just a " well, we'll credit ya with... two nights on any future stay if ya ever come to Maui again, how 'bout that?" would have made me their grateful slave for all eternity, but here are some quotes - "I just kinda forgot about it" (when I called to follow up on a possible driving arrangement to salvage some of our nights) and "well, it's your problem, not mine" . Yup, it was my problem, & I paid for it at Peace of Maui. Just make SURE nothing dumb (or awful) is gonna go wrong with YOUR travel plans & you'll be fine booking at Peace of Maui.

Nearby Peace Of Maui

• Continental Breakfast
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Makawao Travel Forum

Need advice about Makawao, Hawaii (State of)? Visit the Travel Forum for Makawao and ask our Answer Gurus.

Makawao Travel Guide