Santa's By The Sea

59-461 Ke Waena Road, Haleiwa, Hawaii, 96743, United States

More about Haleiwa

Photo taken by HaraldPhoto taken by Harald

I couldn't photograph the whole menu!I couldn't photograph the whole menu!

You think they are enjoying their shave ice?You think they are enjoying their shave ice?

4 Item Menu4 Item Menu

House to rent

by Dunsborough1

Can anyone recommend a house rental between Haleiwa & Sunset Beach - to suit family of 4, close to beach as poosible.
Mich

by travelgourmet

On the beach and good rate. The Hua Tree Beachfront Cottage is plain and simple, but on the sand. Two bedrooms and outside shower. North Shore perfect. See the website: www.triphomes.com and put the ID number in the search:18895

by Dunsborough1

Thanks for reply I will check to see if its available. Do you remember what beach it was on? One house we are looking at is called the "artist House" at Chuns Reef - dows anyone know anything about that house?

by keida84

Here are a few links that I use to book vacation rentals in Hawaii:
http://www.vrbo.com or http://www.hawaiiparadisevacationhomes.com both of these sites are information intensive which I find helps me to make a decision.

You will enjoy the North Shore, especially this area.

Aloha, Kat

Travel Tips for Haleiwa

Colourful Skies at Sunset

by aussiedoug

After watching the sun gradually going down from Waimea Bay down to Haleiwa, it was our pleasure to see the last bits of it shed it's beautiful colours as we sat down at our table at Jamieson's by the Sea. Enjoying those sights with my family helped make our trip to Oahu something special with memories such as this one, & beautiful accompanying images, ensuring it will always stay with me.

If you go to Haleiwa & the North Shore of Oahu make sure you find a comfy & lovely spot to relax & soak up the magical effects of a beautiful sunset.

North Shore

by hollyday

If you fancy getting away from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki, rent a car and head to the North Shore. In less than an hour you will find yourself in the small town of Haleiwa.

This town is a lovely place to stop and explore for a little while and delve into a bit of the surfer culture.

The shopping is more interesting on this side of the island and the beaches are less crowded and well worth visiting.

I was here at the wrong time of year to see the big 30ft waves that roll into the beaches but I would imagine that over the winter months, the town would be full to bursting and not quite the sleepy village I encountered on a quiet May morning . I just had to try the famous Matsumoso (?) Shaved Ice while I was here
I have to confess though, I prefer good old hokey pokey icecream.

Visit all the little stores..

by Sweetberry1

Visit all the little stores here, they are quite unique, and very interesting. And the people that run them are very friendly, and full of great information. Everthing in this place is a fond memory.. I loved it all ;-)

Why else would you click here? Surfing!

by ATXtraveler

No Haleiwa page would be complete without mention of the favorite sporting pasttime of the North Shore... surfing. You would not believe some of the waves that come in here.... I spend a couple of minutes out there, and I realized exactly why I could never be a surfer!

Waimea Bay Beach Park

by Hopkid

Just north of Haleiwa on Kam Highway is scenic Waimea Bay Beach Park. The large beach is set along the shore of this small bay. In the winter it gets the huge surf that the rest of the North Shore experiences but the waters are fairly calm from May through September. It's not a bad place to snorkel during this time and actually a pretty calm and quiet place, being a bit of a haul from the more convenient Waikiki Beach where most tourists stay. The park can get crowded with families on the weekends however,

Admission and parking is free. There is a grassy area between the parking lot and wide beach, picnic tables, showers, restrooms, and a life guard on duty daily. Stop in Chinatown and get some maunapua at Char Sung Hut and bring it for a picnic lunch!

To get there, drive north through Haleiwa on Kamehameha Highway (State Highway 83) and go approximately 3 miles. The parking lot entrance will be on the left.

Comments