Aqua Bamboo & Spa

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Aqua Bamboo & Spa

Aqua Hotels & Resorts

by Phalaenopsis03 about Aqua Bamboo & Spa

Part of the Aqua Hotels & Resorts, I found the Aqua Bamboo & Spa quite charming, especially with its tropical Zen theme. Hal booked us the Studio Kitchenette with Partial City View, which had all the comforts of home, including a cutting board, which we actually took advantage of when slicing up star fruit, yum! However, most attractive about this hotel is its location, only a block or two away from all the sights and attractions of Waikiki Beach. Perhaps the only drawback to this property is its tiny underground parking lot. It held approximately 10 cars, and with the Dodge Charger we rented (we were upgraded for free), Hal found it challenging maneuvering the big car around in the tiny garage. Description is of the room we stayed in, which was the Studio Kitchenette with Partial City View. The room features a balcony with partial view of Waikiki and the surrounding areas.

Studio kitchenette includes:

* Stove, microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker, toaster, dinnerware for 2
* Free in-room high-speed internet access
* Free in-room safe (laptop compatible)
* Free local & toll-free calls
* 32" LCD TV
* Air-conditioner (perfect for tropical weather)

Hotel services and amenities include (this isn't a comprehensive list):

* Free continental breakfast (fruit, pastry, beverages) daily, served poolside
* Free WiFi internet access in the lobby and poolside
* Coin-operated laundry, washer ($1.25) and dryer ($1.50)
* Garage parking ($20/daily)

Note: Tip originally written on Oct. 20 for Oct. 2009 visit to Oahu.

OK say at the Aqua Bamboo

We stayed here for 3 nights (June 5-8). The room a studio superior with kitchenette, we got for $99 (regular $175). We booked by phone but the staff honored the internet rate. Next time we'll have to request the pool side. The street side was really noisy at night even when the lanai door was closed. But it was real close to the beach, parking was next door for $10/day. Try the Korean BBQ restaurant and shave ice store near the hotel. They were a good deal. The staff was really helpful.

Contemporary Asian-style Honolulu Hotel

by Shernan about Aqua Bamboo

The place is perfect, is just 5 blocks from the beach, it has a jacusi a swimming pool, internet services, and the rooms are realy clean and nice. it cost me $59 plus tax a night Swimming pool, jacusi, very clean, the service is good, the view is not so good because there is a big building across the street, but you can see the beach anyway. and is very close to it.

Great personal Hotel

by nikokritikos about Aqua Bamboo

This is a great hotel, it isnt one of those huge hotels that you get lost in, it has 12 floors and it is a block away from the Waikiki Beach. The smaller size makes it perfect in the fact that everytime you come back to the hotel they know you and greet you. The rooms are actually really cool. I had the "moderate" room, which is the nice way of saying cheap room, but I was really surprised, nice flat screen, it has a nice kitchenette equipped with everything you need. (stove, microwave, plates, forks, knives, spoons, coffee maker, pots, pans, etc) it is very new with nice modern expresso colored wood. It isn't a normal looking room at all, and it has a nice big balcony.
Downstairs in the lobby is really nice looking, they have a breakfast every morning, but it could have more stuff, it has just small muffins, and coffee. I wanted some bagels or cereal. The pool is really nice, and the rates for massage are really good, I payed $65 for a full body massage and foot bath (they just placed my feet in a bowl and dried them off, took about 12 seconds, but nice thought) Wifi worked good in the lobby, but couldnt get my laptop to work in the room, and they didnt offer help.
Joy is a nice fresh personality who seems to enjoy taking care of the guests, she went out of her way to make sure people were comfortable. I watched her throw out 4 locals who snuck into the pool and still took care of his bloody leg. ( i wold have just kicked them out), she was really nice.
Also (i believe his name is) Anthony took really good care of us, good with suggestions on what to do, and was nice to talk to, very friendly.
Actually there was only one shift (2 people) who were not friendly, on my last day I was there, I broke my ankle and tore my ligaments and had to go to the hospital, I hopped into the hotel and asked if they had a ice pak or bag of ice. Knowing I was hurt she said "no, but theres ice on the 8th floor, and you have to find a bag somewhere" I thought that was a little rude, I know joy would have probably carried me up there and helped me out. I also asked for something to do and they didnt offer any suggestions, just said there was a book in the room, and magazines all over the streets, but I like finding out from the locals what to do, not ads that people pay to be in. I didnt get the bad shifts name, but they worked on the evening of Dec. 17th.....
I had a really good time at this hotel, it is definately worth the money and was taken care of, and they made it a good time. they have a nice pool with a waterfall, although I did notice surfboards along the side of the pool, I dont know if they were for us to use, I wasnt told (i could have saved money renting one), but either way..... this is one hotel I will definately use time and time again.
Oh yeah, about the location..... unless you want to be at one of those beachfront hotels, this is the perfect location, it is RIGHT in the middle of the fun of Waikiki beach, all the shopping is outside the doors, all the designer shops are right there (gucci, louie vatton, prada, all those stores), the beach is a block away, theres no better location for a hotel then this one (again, unless you can afford one of the beachfront hotels). Location, staff, views, pool w/ waterfall, rates..... everything!

Great value, nice decor

We loved our stay at the Aqua Bamboo! Thanks to another tripadvisor posting we got a Studio Deluxe with a pool view, so we had a great view of the lovely pool area and it was quiet. The area wasn't "seedy" as far as we could tell. We were often walking around at night, but felt very safe. It's in the heart of Waikiki and very near the beach. We have no complaints about the room--the amenities weren't as luxurious as some of the bigger chains, but it was clean and nicely decorated. It was also great having a kitchenette and refrigerator. We really liked the hotel's decor--a very Japanese/Thai look. The staff were very helpful and nice--we'll definitely be back there. Generally it's a GREAT value for staying in Waikiki. (Note: mention the deal in the Honolulu Advertiser and they give you 50% off. Our deal was $89/night for a Studio Deluxe with kitchenette).

Would stay there again in a second!

We stayed at the Aqua Bamboo for 14 nights and absolutely loved it! We were impressed by the excellent location of the hotel (just 2 minutes walk to the beach, a few minutes more to the intermational market place, a bus stop right across the street from the hotel). The Bamboo has a lovely, serene Asian decor. The pool area was wonderful -- fairly quiet, surrounded by palms, nice, comfortable loungers, and fresh towels for guests to borrow. Our room was very clean and comfortable: we had 2 double beds and a kitchenette with good sized fridge. We were able to save quite a bit of money eating most of our breakfasts and some lunches in our room. The staff was very friendly and accommodating!

Okay for one night

Although the Aqua Bamboo claims to have been renovated, I do not see where any of the money was spent inside the rooms. Their lobby looks fabulous and I suspect that that is where the money was spent. My husband and I were flying through Oahu on our way to Maui and booked a room here for the one night. Upon arriving, we were told that they had overbooked and we were going to be upgraded to a 'suite' at no extra charge. Also, their parking garage was full and we would need to park next door. I never tried to cook anything or use any of the kitchen appliances, but by the looks of them, I would have been VERY suprised if any of them worked. This hotel is located right on Kuhio Ave. and is VERY busy and noisy ALL night long. I could still hear music playing, people talking, and vehicles driving down the road at 4 a.m. This place may be okay if you plan to do like us and stay one night, but otherwise, I would spend a little more money and stay somewhere nicer.

You get what you pay for

We stayed here twice and enjoyed it both times. We decided on this hotel largely due to other travelers ratings (which were better at the time than they are now) amd enjoyed it enough the first time that we stayed there again when we came back 6 months later. Rooms are okay, they are clean. The hotel is in a prime location, walking distance to the International Market Place and Waikiki beach. I do reccomend that you get a room facing the courtyard and NOT Kuhio because the street noise is loud. For $79 a night, you get exactly what you pay for.

I would definetley stay here again.

Home away from home....

If you want a hotel that makes you feel right at home, Bamboo is the place to be. I stayed there with my family for a week and absolutely loved it. The staff there was excellent. They make you feel right at home. The rooms were equipped with everything we needed. The location was excellent as well. Block away from the beach, close to shopping, dining, activities. Tip: Be there at 5pm on Wednesdays. The General Manager, Joseph (whom is really nice by the way!) serves up their drink called the Bamboozle. And best of all, it's free! I would recommend Bamboo if you are looking for a more intimate property right in the heart of Waikiki. Thanks Bamboo!!

We were "bamboozled"......

Checked in for one night only. We paid for an upgrade pool view, but were unhappy with the room for various reasons. The other sliding glass door view was of someones dirty mattresses sitting on their balcony. The bathtub was full of rust stains and the windows in the bathroom were broken, thus letting in all of the warm air so the air conditioner was worthless. The carpet was filthy and had been patched in various places. The lobby looks great, but obviously all of the renovation went into the entry of the hotel. We felt the hotel was misrepresented on the site; it is not newly renovated and the interior of the room was very shabby. The location is convenient to many things, but it is not worth the money. We moved after one night for the remainder of our vacation to the Hyatt and we were very happy. Bamboo needs to be more honest about their hotel. We were "bamboozled".

Housing in Waikiki in february--March

by nygaston

Aloha! Hello! Bonjour !

Do you know the best option (Hotel, B&B, Apartment.....) , if I want to stay 4 to 6 weeks with my friend ?
I am looking for a place to stay, with internet access (DSL or WIFI).

Thank you for your suggestions.
Tom

Re: Housing in Waikiki in february--March

by travelgourmet

Find a long term hotel. I know of one but not sure if it has internet access. The price and location are hard to beat. Check out website:
www.polynesianplaza.com
Aloha oe.

Re: Housing in Waikiki in february--March

by SFHulaGIrl

Another inexpensive option is the Royal Grove Hotel. For a basic room with a/c, 2 beds, balcony, TV, refrigerator, phone, and bath/shower, the rate is $370/week. It's not fancy at all (very basic), but the location is a block away from Kuhio Beach and the Duke Kahanomoku statue. Best of all, the staff will treat you like family -- they're the best!! Check out the website: www.royalgrovehotel.com. Sorry, I don't know if they have internet access!

Re: Re: Housing in Waikiki in february--March

by nygaston

I will check these places, because I need a good internet access...
Thank you !
Tom

Re: Housing in Waikiki -Bamboo Aqua

by vap22

Try Bamboo Hotel (managed by Aqua Resorts). They are inexpensive and definitely have internet access. Phone: (808) 922-7777.
Address: 2425 Kuhio Ave
and check out hotel on the internet at:

Comments