Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel

2570 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Formerly ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Hotel)

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel

On Waikiki Beach

by Rusket about Resort Quest Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel

The hotel was under renovation while we were there, but that did not bother us much. We just had to cross the street to be on the beach :-) The hotel restaurants were closed, which probably saved us some money. Just a couple of streets behind the hotel we found several cheap japanese restaurants :-) And who says Hawaii is so expensive? The taxi driver who took us from the airport made the deal for us, maybe we got it cheap because of the reconstruction work, and prices have probably risen since it is four years since we were there. But I don't think $65 a night for the two of us + 7.42 in taxes is very much on a location like this. The location was the best part of it.

Diamond Head Waikiki's Best!

by jjmmjj57 about ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Hotel

Wonderful accommodations fit for families, singles, couples or business. Exceptional service and atmosphere.

It's definitely Waikiki--no feeling of an outer island kick-back and listen to the waves resort--but that's why you're staying in Waikiki. Easy access to H1 Freeway, right next to the zoo, Diamond Head, access to Hanauma Bay and couldn't be closer to the beach unless you lived on it!

If you're coming to Hawai'i and want a central location with lots for everyone to do, this definitely is the place! ResortQuest Waikiki Beach has a great location, staff, amenities and the best breakfast on Waikiki--different, but you will love it. In your room are "to go/take away" vinyl luch boxes that you take to the pool level. There are asian and western foods--saimin, sushi, breakfast muffin sandwiches (like EggMcMuffins), yogurt, breakfast burritos, fruit, rice, etc.--that you put in your lunch box and eat at the pool or, as I did, get a beach chair and some towels from the attendant and go across the street (max 10 yards) to the Pacific Ocean beach to enjoy your relaxing, energizing meal.

The hotel's decor is recently updated to a 50's/60's style that is fun and bright. Tiki's Grill and Bar Restaurant is very singles, couples, family friendly all in one.

When I stayed first, it was going through a renovation. The next time I was upgraded to an oceanfront room at my previous room's rate! The savings were put to great use elsewhere!

LIVE HAWAIIAN MUSIC PART 2

by thinking

The Shore Bird Restaurant & Beach Bar in the Outrigger Reef Hotel, 2169 Kalia Rd., offers Hawaiian music, along with an excellent pupu and sandwich menu, nightly from 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. and from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Call (808) 922-2887 for information.

Tiki's Grill and Bar in the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, 2570 Kalakaua Ave., offers contemporary Hawaiian music nightly from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., nightly. There's more music from 9 to 11 p.m., Sunday through Thursday, and from 10 p.m. to midnight, Friday and Saturday. For details, call (808) (808) 923-8454.

Auntie Genoa Keawe, the "First Lady of Hawaiian Music," performs at the Moana Terrace on the third floor of the Kealohilani Tower of the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort (2552 Kalakaua Ave.) from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Thursdays. Other groups play from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays, and from 6 to 9 p.m., Sundays through Wednesdays. (George Kuo, Martin Pahinui & Aaron Mahi often perform slack key guitar on Sundays.) (808) 922-6611.

Auntie Genoa Keawe, the "First Lady of Hawaiian Music" (at left in photo left), performs at the Moana Terrace on the third floor of the Kealohilani Tower of the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort (2552 Kalakaua Ave.) from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Thursdays. Other groups play from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays, and from 6 to 9 p.m., Sundays through Wednesdays. (George Kuo, Martin Pahinui & Aaron Mahi often perform slack key guitar on Sundays.) 922-6611.
(photo courtesy of Ron Ihori)

Aston Waikiki Circle

by Sweetberry1

I enjoyed my first night at the 'Aston Waikiki Circle' Right on Waikiki beach. I could only afford one night here, since it was included in my Airfare. ;-) (kidding, ha,ha..)
This place was really nice, the room was comfortable, and had all that you would want in a hotel of this price range. And the view was fantastic, full ocean views, and I even saw the famous Rainbow, my first morning here...............................

The Hokondo Waikiki Beachside Hostel - (pictured) Well, it is a shame that pictures can be so misleading ;-( I did not find very much of what the online photos were showing. And since I was not the only one disappointed, (others also left earlier than they had planned) I could not recommend this place to anyone. I like to take my showers in bare feet, and I couldn't do this here ;-) ----- There are a few other Hostels in the same street, (Lemon Street) I am sure they would be a better option. If you need names, just holler ;-)) ----------
(Woww.. I hope I'm not coming across as a freakin Haole... LOLLL.. (As Patty would say) :-))

ASTON = $190 US ......... HOSTEL = $25 US .... Per night.

Major construction still going on

We just returned from Hawaii (July 29 - Aug 5th).
We made our reservation through pleasant Hawaiian Holidays. We had originally wanted to book the Ohana Waikiki Beach Hotel but were told that the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel had just gone through a 30 million $ renovation, and that it was a great deal.
We were also told that the major renovations were done. It cost us 128$ a night + tax for a partial ocean view room.
We knew about the valet parking set-up in advance (not from the travel agent, mind you, but from doing our own research on the web, so we were not surprised by that), and while we were not ecstatic about paying 11$ a day plus tips and having to wait 20 minutes for the car, we figured we could tough it out.
Driving up to the hotel we were greeted by what could only be described as a construction site. The whole entrance was gored, and everything is covered by wood boards, piping and dust. You walk in and take the escalator through a maze of scaffolding. The lobby (which appears not to be renovated yet) looks run down and the elevators look horrible - dirty carpets (can they not clean them?), very old and worn wood paneling.
There was no special mention by the hotel staff that we were celebrating an event (even though Pleasant told us when we booked the trip that we should be getting something). They would not upgrade us to a better room.
The room we got was one of the renovated ones. I can only say that they should fire their decorator. The walls were painted in very depressing colors – basically army-barrack grays and browns. I wonder what it looked like before the renovation. The tiny closet is covered by a very cheesy bead curtain. I wonder where the 30 million $ went to? The room is postage-stamp sized (there was about a yard around the bed, and that was it!!!) I’ve seen Motel 6 rooms that were larger and cheerier. No coffee maker or glasses in the room.
We had an OK view of the ocean (9th floor). The balcony was tiny and there was only 1 chair (well, there was no room for 2 chairs).
The only bright spot in the room was the shower, which was new and modern looking.
Another good thing is that they give you a little cooler to fill with a buffet breakfast, served by the pool, which is excellent.
But I consider the sales pitch for this hotel to be false advertisement– it is not mostly done being renovated, and 128$ a night is not a good deal for living in a construction site. (btw, I noticed that most of the people who had written favorable reviews for this hotel paid 55-65 $ a night , which might explain it - for that price it's not too bad).
The next day, we walked over to the Ohana Waikiki Beach Tower (which we had originally wanted – their rate from Pleasant had been 118$ a night) and they offered us a walk-in rate of 80$ a night for a corner room on the 16th floor (2 balconies both facing the ocean). They actually offered us a key to take a look at the room. The ocean view was astounding, and the room airy and spacious. They have parking right there (no valet) for 9$ a day and are located in the middle of Waikiki, and 20 yards from the ocean. Granted, there is no breakfast, but for a difference of 48$ (plus tax) a day, you can basically buy all your meals.
We called Pleasant and canceled our hotel accommodations (we had trip-protector so we were able to do that), checked out of the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel and moved To the Ohana Tower.
We are still waiting for a refund from Pleasant Hawaiian Holiday.
The Aston Waikiki Beach hotel is not a bad hotel, but be prepared for the massive construction, and make sure you get a good enough deal for these conditions.

I would never stay or recommend this hotel to anybody!....

My husband and me finally got a break from our hectic life here in Los Angeles California. It's been over 4 years since our last real vacation. My husband has wanted to take me to Hawaii, considering he lived in Hawaii before. I'd purchased our airfare + hotel at priceline. I'd choose Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel because of the picture that was posted on the website. Four days before our trip (July 28-Aug. 3) I'd call to confirmed and inquire about our reservation, I was put on hold twice and those times I was on hold for at least good ten minutes; I didn't get upset for the long waiting because I thought that this was a good hotel and you staff was probably just busy. Your staff didn't even informed us that your hotel do not offer shuttle bus, so, we ended up paying the taxi driver $45. The reason why I choose this hotel because of the pictures that was posted on your web site, I realized that it’s currently being renovated, but his hotel should finished the renovation first. Your are putting your customer at risk and false advertisement.

Also, now I realized why I was put on hold for a long period of time, their was only one person in your Check In/Check Out Counter and not only that at the same time she was helping us she was answering phone calls. We ended up paying extra $155 to upgrade our room because of the fact that we weren't amuse of the room that was given to us. On my itinerary the price that I paid for supposedly beach front room, she was giving us a room in the back of the hotel...not facing the beach. When we got to our room it was boiling hot, apparently your facility is trying to save money by controlling the flow of A.C., We couldn't stand the heat, so, the next night (July 29) we called for a maintenance; maintenance guy was very polite. He took a look at the A.C. and we were told that they would move us to another room. Considering, we paid extra to upgrade our room and we were on 12th floor. Your staff apologized and they'd compensated us by not charging us that one day upgrade fee; I really didn’t want to spoil our vacation, so I didn't even bother arguing or complained on how they moved us to a 10th floor, we had to packed and unpacked our clothes once again, and this room was not better that the other room, (10th Floor Room 1033) shower is not working properly when it's turned on it makes a loud noise, like someone is shaking the shower, also, it takes almost a good 4-5 minutes just before the hot water kicks in.

In addition, they'd charged us for parking for a rental car. We asked your Check In Counter why should we pay that, we are a guest at this hotel, he replies, "this is not our parking,” As I said we didn't want to ruined our vacation.

Also, we brought in some food and we'd inquired one of your staff is theirs any way that we can use the microwaved, he showed us the room, and we started heating our food. A security guy came and asked us "why were we there?" we told him we heating our food, he replies, "did you know that only employees are allowed here," we told him that we asked one of the staff and he didn't mentioned any such thing. Then, he started talking about how the staffs do not know how to follow orders, and that if they don't follow these orders why should he? And he made a remark on theirs a lot of things in that room that can be stolen. My husband and I got offended on his last remark, his last remarks as if we were planning to steal them milks, cookies, yogurts, etc., All we know is that my husband and I works hard for any money we have.

Although, this trip was my first time seeing Hawaii, my husband and I already talked about coming back again. This second time around I want to make sure that I do not come near this hotel. I’m appalled at this hotel, and will not recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family.

I will also informed County of Hawaii, Department of Consumer Affairs, I will mentioned about the safety while renovating at this hotel and also, my husband and I felt that we were mislead by your advertisement posted on your web site.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Calderon
Los Angeles, California

cc: State of Hawaii, Department of Consumer Affairs

Waikiki Hotels

by Sniffman about Waikiki Beach

The dozens of Waikiki hotels are within a few blocks of the beach. Waikiki is just a couple of miles long and less than mile wide. There is a canal on the north side and the ocean on the south side. It is great walking up and down the beach and streets day and night. clean, safe city with friendly people

OK accommodation

We stayed from 6/28-7/3/02. We were originally reserved for Aston Coral Reef nearby, but thank goodness they goofed up our reservations. (We later discovered the Coral reef is in a bad area and looks run-down.) We got Aston Waikiki Beach for the same price. The hotel is under construction and most services are just so-so. The car valet services are good ($11 per day parking fee, plus tips for valet). The ocean view rooms are TINY, but the one we stayed in was recently renovated, fairly nice and pretty clean. The ocean front rooms appear a bit bigger. The location is almost perfect. The beach is just across the street and International Market just three blocks away -- the view is wonderful.

THE REAL HAWAII IS HONOLULU

by thinking

"1st CLASS & NON-STOP FROM NEWARK"

Hawaii is a wonderful, beautiful place to be, and Honolulu is where 3/4's of Hawaiians
lead their glorious day to glorious day lives.

Many travelers who rhapsodize about Hawaii feel scorn for Oahu. "It's not Hawaii," they say. "It's just a stopover." When I heard this recently -- the words came from someone who had been living on Maui and Kauai for a few years -- I could only respond, "How much of Oahu have you actually seen?" Not much beyond the airport.

Unfortunately, this is often Oahu's fate. Hawaii has been romanticized for so long that virtually no one visits it without serious preconceived notions. But Oahu still delivers! It has sunny skies, crystal blue water, white-sand beaches, slack key guitars at sunset, and lots of hula dancing.

The problem is what visitors don't expect -- the urban sprawl of Honolulu. It's the 11th-largest municipality in the U.S.; almost 400,000 people live in the metropolitan area.

Visitors judge Oahu the instant they glimpse the high-rises of Waikiki, and, without a doubt, Waikiki is a different, highly developed kind of paradise (make that ParadiseTM).

Oahu is crowded, and Honolulu is a busy city -- now get over it. Don't just get over it, get into it. The island is home to three-quarters of Hawaiians, people who represent more than 25 ethnic groups and make the state one of the most diverse in the country. Oahu may not satisfy clich├ęd notions of an untouched Eden, but it is, undeniably, where Hawaiians live, eat, drink, and do things. If that doesn't make it the real Hawaii, what does?

"A New Generation Finds Paradise in Honolulu"

Joining Honolulu's base of Japanese tour groups and American mainlanders in matching flowered shirts is a new group of fun-seekers.

Vacationers in their 20's and 30's dance in clubs like the new Zen-themed, silk-pillowed O Lounge, in a converted Chinese restaurant just outside Waikiki, or at thirtyninehotel downtown, where laid-back artsy types lounge on a U-shaped sectional as a disco ball spins. They join the locals in a cleaned-up downtown for gallery evenings, happy hour and ethnic dining.

In a survey by Yesawich, Pepperdine, Brown & Russell for its 2004 National Leisure Travel Monitor, 26- to 40-year-olds put Honolulu among the top five destinations they would like to visit in the next two years. The youngest adult travelers, 25 and under, ranked its desirability alongside that of New York, Miami and the Florida Keys.

These travelers are finding a transformed Waikiki, well into the process of morphing from a tacky resort of aging hotels and Elvis impersonators into what is beginning to pass for urban chic.

After half a billion dollars in public and private investment, the main seaside boulevard, Kalakaua Avenue, has wide waterfall-flanked sidewalks and shady knolls, and about a dozen hotels have completed major renovations. One, the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, now updated in bright yellows and reds and bamboo curtains depicting vintage hula girls, promoted its new look with the slogan "Aloha With an Attitude." Luxury retailers like Yves Saint Laurent and Tiffany have opened stores.

As the city's pulse quickens, more change is on the way. The Waikiki Parc Hotel, the sister hotel to the Halekunlani, plans to renovate its guest rooms and replace a cafe that serves an all-you-can-eat buffet with a trendy bar.

The Halekulani is taking reservations for its Vera Wang Suite, opening this month. The 2,185-square-foot ocean-view suite was decorated by the designer best known for stylish wedding gowns. The hotel also plans a $400,000 revamping of its cocktail lounge, Lewers Lounge, with chain draperies and dramatic lighting, the perfect forum for the caipirinhas and flaming drinks that are being created for it by Dale DeGroff, a longtime Rainbow Room bartender turned cocktail consultant.

The next big change in Waikiki will be a $350 million project by Outrigger Enterprises, which has 15 hotels there, to replace the fast-food restaurants and low-budget hotels of Lewers Street with a suite hotel, a resort condominium, a time-share development and a retail and entertainment center.

Beyond Waikiki, reinvestment in the downtown has put a new $11 million face on the 1922 Hawaii Theater and studded a gritty landscape with restored early-20th-century facades, drawing residents and visitors to places they didn't dare venture before.

"HONOLULU"

What first brought me to Hawaii? I came to Hawaii when I stopped practicing law in Texas in May, 1981. I studied for the Hawaiian Bar Exam on the beach at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, then took the Bar exam in July & passed it, and was admitted in October 1981.

Honolulu is one of my favorite places in the world. I have wonderful friends here and many wonderful memories over the last 20 years.

Hawaii is the only state in the USA that I like to visit during the winter or spring when it is cold, rainy and stormy everywhere else.

Honolulu has an Asian dominance, and it is an exotic mix of the South Pacific islanders, Philipinos, and Europeans. The people here are really gorgeous and very friendly.

It is easy to get around here on the bus if you choose to be on Oahu, and easy to do anything you want as this island makes 25%of its income through tourism and using their famous "aloha spirit". Most everyone is helpful because of that, and it is a pleasure to experience great customer service, fantastic Asian food for value prices, and wonderfully beautiful days and nights.

The only problem with the islands today are the problems I have seen worldwide. They are housing prices out of the reach of most families, people here having to work 2-3 jobs as well as their children, and lots of stress for those who are in this situation. Everyone here wants to sell you something, so be aware of that if you are coming from outside the USA's economic model.

Oahu- Honolulu Hotels

by txlcs

We're looking at hotels in Honolulu. We were thinking of staying at Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach but are concerned about the construction from Trump Towers next door. Our other option is ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Hotel. We're travelling with two older children so I'm thinking the RQ Waikiki Beach might be the better option since it's right on the beach. Any thoughts about either? Thanks!

Re: Oahu- Honolulu Hotels

by YVRDave

Check the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani also. The RQ is really across the street from the beach

Comments