2470 Kalakaua Avenue, (formerly ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Tower), Honolulu

Costs 88% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Aston Waikiki Beach Tower

Fantastic Beach Accommodations

by kel_e about ResortQuest Waikiki Beach

Right from our arrival, I was in love with our hotel. We were there for our 2-year-late honeymoon and they were more than willing to give us an ocean front room, but there were only ones left on the 5th and 6th floor. Those floors had a blocked view from trees. So, they insisted that the ocean view room we had was much better. They were right, we loved our view. We were on the 23rd floor and could look down to the pool, the street and a fantastic view of the ocean and Waikiki Beach! They gave us champagne and glasses for our honeymoon. They give everyone mesh coolers that they encourage you to fill up with their complimentary breakfast in the morning. Hot and cold foods, excellent selection! It's actually called BOB (Breakfast on the Beach). They want you to be able to take your breakfast with you, whether that's out on the beach or back to your room. The pool was nice with seating all around. There was a bar/restaurant with outdoor and indoor seating right near the pool. You can also borrow beach towels from down by the pool. We exchanged ours every day and took them with us to the beach or when we went driving around the island. They had nice music every night. We barely had to venture from the hotel... although we did and you must! The room had nice comfortable beds, internet connection, nice bathrooms with hair dryers, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, safe in the room, refrigerator, flat panel TV, nice balcony with chairs and a table and chairs in the room.

Seriously, I have no complaints at all! I don't know what I would complain about if I had to find something. Breakfast on the Beach with cooler, fantastic views, friendly people

Add my five stars

by TripAdvisor Member sixpalz

Our family of 6 stayed at the Aston Waikiki Beach Tower for about a week in the summer of 2004, in a two-bedroom oceanfront condo. After just coming from a quiet resort on the Big Island, we were in shock at the hustle and bustle of Waikiki. Once we got up to our rooms in the Beach Tower and settled in we knew we would love it there for different reasons--all the comforts of home and the convenience of being high above but still at Waikiki. The location is great--plenty of restaurants and shopping right out the front door. The beach is a let-down, but we enjoyed watching the surfers from high above. Having the kitchen and the washer/dryer was great. The hotel staff was friendly and our rooms were well-kept, though a little dated. We never waited long for the elevator. This is a great place for families--highly recommended.

Michiganders loved the spacious and friendly environment

Spring break at the Aston Waikiki Beach Tower April 2005 was a great choice for a family. Because we were traveling with a teenager, we wanted the space provided in a two bedroom, two bathroom unit. This condo is indeed spacious. TV in the master bedroom and in the livingroom. DVD player in the LR, and they brought us a VCR to tape the MSU mens and womens basketball big 10 championship games, at no charge.
Things I wish I had known :
1. Don't pack coffee or laundry detergent, the twice daily maid service furnishes both.
2. Bring a small suitcase filled with grocery items for the week, then you can re-pack the suitcase with your great shopping finds on the return flight home. Wonderful location for shopping!
3. For milk and other essentials, this hotel is located within a few feet of an ABC store that has all you need. There is an even bigger store (Longs Pharmacy) at the Alona Shopping Mall about 1 1/4 miles west, a $2.00 public bus ride away. ($1.00 for students)
4. Do not grab fresh fruit as a snack to stick in a carry on bag for the return flight home. I bought a single banana for $1.59 at the ABC store just before departing for the airport, and they took it away due to the agricultural rules on the island. They even took away our 2 remaining Michigan apples. It's aparently okay to bring over a banana and an apple, but not okay to leave with them. Who knew?
5. Waikiki is VERY WINDY. Ladies, be prepared with a light layer of jacket or wrap for morning and evening. My husband never used an additonal layer. Must be a guy thing.
6. Waikiki gets a misty rain spattering on and off throughout the day. Sometimes it is barely noticable, other times you'd prefer to seek cover. An umbrella isn't a bad idea, along with a rain poncho if you plan to hike in the rainforest area to see the waterfalls.
7. All of the attractions (Luau's, cruises, special tours) take your picture then sell it to you for $20.00 I wish I had known this, I would have stategically chosen what to wear, removed the sunglasses, etc.
8. About one block behind the Aston Waikiki Beach Tower on Kuhio Ave and two blocks west, is an Internet access site. (Can I mention the Fishbowl by name?) Our teenager was very happy about being able to instant message her friends.
9. We stayed the week without renting a car. The Bus has a great route to Diamond head, and up to the Nature Preserves and bays that I can not spell. The attractions and tours pick up either at your hotel or directly across the street. Very easy.
10. Explore all of he other near by area beaches and hotels, just for fun. There is a great beach just a 15 minute walk west, located at the Army base. It is open to the public. It has the best shade and is away from the noise and traffic in front of the Aston Waikiki Beach Tower. Make sure you learn the exact name of this hotel. There is also an Aston Waikiki Beach hotel. Easy to get these confused. Start practicing the name of this hotel now. You will often be asked where you are staying.
Aloha

Loved the Aston Beach Towers on our First Stay in Hawaii

by TripAdvisor Member CBergmanRN

We spent a week in October at the Aston Beach Towers and loved it! Staff were so friendly and helpful.........especially Greg at the valet desk. He was so helpful in giving suggestions and directions, always with a smile. The front desk clerks also nothing but polite. Housekeeping was exceptional....rooms very clean. Service twice a day with towels replaced as soon as used and bed turndown at night with a special treat on your pillow. Being over 55, we were given an upgrade to an oceanview room.......outstanding. The view of the ocean was fantastic. No restaurants on premises, but many good restaurants (and shopping) within walking distance. We will not hesitate to stay at this hotel again if and when we return to Oahu!

Delightful Experience

Arrived at night in pouring down rain, had only general idea where hotel was located, called the hotel, friendliest guy in the world answered and talked me all the way there. ( And if you've never been to Hawaii, there are no big glowing neon signs to point you to your destination!) Staff warm and genuinely friendly. Every need we had was met quickly. Place was clean and tidy, twice daily maid service, great view of ocean, beach across the street! Excellent place to stay!

What's not to love!

Where do I begin? To say that we had a wonderful slice of paradise while in paradise is the best way to describe this place. First let me say the staff was magnificent. We were treated with the utmost respect.
The suite was well mantained and the staff was friendly and helpful.
This property is located in a wondeful location. Just minutes from the
beach, shopping, nightclubs, resturants, parks.....I could go on an on but i think you get the picture. Oh but I must warn you. If you stay at this beautiful beach front property you might not want to leave.

Absolutely Wonderful

We stayed here for a week in September 2004 and it was wonderful. Very clean and the staff was very accommodating. We had a oceanfront room and it was worth every penny. You are directly across from the beach so you can hear the waves at night. I will always stay here when visiting Oahu from now on and highly recommend it to anyone else.

A suite room!

The hotel room was like a suite. It had a large living room with a very comfortable foldaway bed in the couch. We had a king size bed in the bedroom. The kitchen was comparable to a house size kitchen. Dining area was big. There were plenty of closet space and a stacked washer and dryer. Laundry detergent and dish soap were provided. All kitchen utensils, dishes, and pots and pans are also provided. We made our own breakfast everyday, took our lunch to the beach, and went out for dinner at night. It was a great deal.

The best yet

by TripAdvisor Member Samslik

My wife and I just returned from 6 nights at the Aston Tower. Although it was our first trip to Hawaii we have traveled quite a bit throughout the world and must say, the "Tower" is without a doubt the best. The accomodations were great, the staff was very friendly and professional. We opted for the 1 bedroom deluxe ocean front. The rooms were very spacious, the twice daily maid service was great. The only down side I might thing of is the great ocean front balcony. We spent way to many hours sitting out there enjoying the relaxing view when we should have been out sight seeing. I must say, it was well worth the extra money we spent to get a room here.

Aston Waikiki is #1 accomadation

by TripAdvisor Member Quackers7

We stayed at the Aston Waikiki the week of January 31/05. The hotel is situated at the quiet end of Waikiki, one block from the zoo and right across the street from the beach. From our balcony we had a stunning view of the ocean and the unforgettable sunsets. On the other side of the hotel was a clear view of Diamond Head. The room had a king size bed and lots of space. A buffet breakfast is available every morning with the most flavorful Kona coffee. The hotel provides all services such as Internet access, sightseeing activities, hairdryer, iron etc. Entertainment at Tiki's Bar & Grill through the day and night. Our room was soundproof and it was a wonderful vacation. Would definitly stay there again.

Yellow and blue onesYellow and blue ones

Harbor with Aloha TowerHarbor with Aloha Tower

Looking at the airport map to try to find foodLooking at the airport map to try to find food

FlamingosFlamingos

4 days in Hawaii

by mariacrespi

Hello, I’m from Paraguay, and for one of these chances, I am going to Oahu next month.

I gonna stay in the North Shore.

Please, give me some tips about food, night, transport system, etc.

Maria

Re: 4 days in Hawaii

by SFHulaGIrl

If you're staying in Haleiwa, a good inexpensive place to eat is Kua'aina Sandwich Shop. For a nicer (and slightly more expensive) ambience, Haleiwa Joe's is great! I can't give you any tips about the nightlife or the transportation in Haleiwa, as I've stayed in Honolulu and taken the bus to Haleiwa (and also rented a car and driven there with friends).

If you're looking for restaurants in Honolulu, Indigo and Alan Wong's are both nice, though a tad expensive. A moderately-priced and fun restaurant/bar is Tiki's Grill and Bar at 2570 Kalakaua Avenue, on the 2nd floor of the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel.

For bus information in and around Honolulo, check out my transportation tips on my Honolulu pages.

Comments