Castle Maile Sky Court Honolulu

2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

2058 Kuhio Ave., (Formerly Ohana Maile Sky Court), Honolulu, Hawaii, 96815-2144, United States

Maile Sky Court
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 2.5 star hotels

• JeanniesWorld's Profile Photo

STAY AWAY

when i first moved to Honolulu, I stayed here. One of the maintenance guys told me that he needed to make a repair in my bathroom so I let him in but when I called the front desk, they said that they never sent him to my room for maintenance at all. I asked him to leave - he proceeded to ask me questions about what kind of underwear I like to wear and then he took my used towels! Gross!

Unique Quality: It is however cheap - but you get what you pay for

• triplehelix's Profile Photo

In the heart of the shopping district

I stayed for one night in this hotel. My friend actually booked the hotel so I didn't have to pay for anything hehehe. The stay was pleasant as was the room we stayed in (1804). The only con about the room was the size (no big deal really). The bathroom was very small but managable for one or two people. Security is tight, you need to use your key card to opperate the elevator. There is a little gift shop downstairs and the local concierge is always willing to help. For your convinience, the whole area has a WiFi cloud as does most of Oahu. The hotel also has a computer center downstairs next to the Japanese reception desk. If you're a foreign currency trader, this may be the place for you. Midnight is probably the best time to get online in Hawaii for that.

Unique Quality: Though the hotel is a bit dated and in need of a few updates. Overall the area is very very clean and well kept. They have many 24 hour services and an interactive movie menu. There is a T.G.I. Fridays right downstairs. The food was great and so was the service!

Directions: The hotel was under a different name when it was booked online so we had trouble finding it. Your taxi driver will know what you mean. It used to be called The Outrigger Maile I believe.

• SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo

Ohana Maile Sky Court

I've stayed here twice, and find the accommodations fine. The location, though not right on the beach nor right in the middle of Waikiki, is a close 10 minute walk to the main part of Waikiki. The open lobby is nice, as it catches the trade winds, and has a soothing waterfall. Rooms have mini refrigerators, but do NOT have irons, ironing boards, or blow dryers -- these can be picked up on the 2nd floor (Housekeeping), however.

Unique Quality: This hotel has a pool and a jacuzzi on the 5th floor. There is also a coin operated laundry for the use of guests. If you don't want to walk far for a meal, TGIF (Friday's) is right on site.

Directions: Waikiki; closer to Fort DeRussy

• Ohana Maile Sky Court

Approx $US69/night I think... not 100% sure.

Unique Quality: Pretty basic accomodation. For a similar price you can stay across the road at the Waikiki Gateway hotel where they offer free internet facilities. I guess OMSC wasn't too bad, the walk to the shops/beach became a bit of a drag after 9 days though. The spa was nice. WARNING: slow lifts.

Directions: It's on Kuhio Ave, I don't remember the cross street sorry.

• slabeaume's Profile Photo

Maile Sky Court, an Ohana...

Maile Sky Court, an Ohana hotel
    This is one of the 'cheaper' properties, but we liked it. We got it on a package airfare/hotel deal for our first trip to Oahu and upgraded to a kitchenette when we got there for $20/night more.

Unique Quality: This is a tall building. We had a partial ocean view here and a beautiful view over looking Diamond Head and Waikiki city. It had an outdoor pools several stories up.

Directions: Near the canal and a couple blocks from the Marc Hawaiian Monarch towards Diamond Head. It's a long couple blocks to the beach from here, but most of it is through Fort Derussey Park which we found to

More about Castle Maile Sky Court Honolulu

by davencel about Ohana Maile Sky Court

This is an affordable hotel that is close to everything, in contrast to what the book Oahu Revealed says. We made our reservation through hotels.com and they had a promotion of stay 4 nights and receive 5th night free. The room is clean and the staff is very helpful. There is also a refrigerator and a microwave inside the room. They have an in room safe for laptops or other valuables. There is a TGIF restaurant on the first floor. The bus stop that goes to Pearl Harbor and dollar rent a car are both across the street from the hotel.

Ohana Hotels & Resorts

by Phalaenopsis03 about Ohana Maile Sky Court

If you’re a budget conscious traveler like some of us are and wouldn't mind being amongst throngs of other tourists, then the Ohana Hotels and Resorts might just be for you. We stayed at the Ohana Maile Sky Court in Waikiki, which wasn't impressive at all, but P.G. and I were out all day, everyday, which made our sleeping room stay just ok. The room was small, the décor outdated, and there was a wet dog fur smell that emanated the room, but I suppose the view from our umpteenth floor kinda made up for it. However, I suspect that Ohana’s resort properties provide a higher level of satisfaction, without the canine aroma. Aaaah, the smell of wet dog fur.

Note: Tip originally written on Jan. '03.

Clean, cheap hotel

by dare2d4l about OHANA Maile Sky Court Hotel

I would recommend this hotel to someone who doesn't care that he/she lives across the Waikiki Beach (10 min walk to the beach anyways), who wants a clean and quiet room to sleep, so that he/she can have energy to jump off waterfalls in the morning. They have a small!!! pool on the third floor, but it has a nice deck overlooking Waikiki.

Ohana Maile Sky Court...

by dferreira2

Ohana Maile Sky Court (formerly the Outrigger Maile Sky Court). This is a budget hotel that doesn't feel like a budget hotel. It is one of the taller hotels in Waikiki. It's location is convenient because it's right at the 'entry' to Waikiki, so you don't have to deal with a lot of the traffic. It's near the Ala Wai Blvd, so it's relatively easy to get out of Waikiki, too, when you want to travel. There's a large parking garage in the hotel, so you don't have to worry about parking (which is a big thing on the island). And if you want to spluge, they have some really nice one-bedroom and one-bedroom deluxe rooms that go for about the same price as single rooms in some of the other hotels. For the money, you get a lot of room to spread out in, a kitchen area to help keep the cost of meals down, and some privacy if you're traveling with kids. It isn't luxurious, but it's clean, well located, functional, and it has a lot of the amenities that you are looking for.....all at a price that's significantly less than many of the other hotels in the area.
As little as $75 per night for a single room, and $140 a night for a one-bedroom suite. The lobby is totally open to the street, and there is a sitting area next to an artifical pond that makes a great place to sit and plan out your day. It has all the amenities of the larger hotels, but the price is much better. Check out the prices for the suites; they're actually affordable if you want to splurge a little bit. This hotel offers lots of discounts (AAA, military, corporate, etc., so don't be afraid to ask; it makes the stay even LESS expensive!).

Formerly the Outrigger now Ohana Sky Court

by keida84 about Ohana Sky Court

On our 1 year wedding anniversary (in 1994), we got a deal through Delta airlines: Airfare, hotel and car for something like $230 pp/double occupancy. We jumped at the chance. Our hotel was known as the Outrigger Maile Sky Court. A skyscraper hotel and our room was up, up, somewhere around the 22 floor. Obviously there was no balcony and no fresh air!! Well, we went to the local store, bought a screwdriver and opened the window so we had fresh air. It was a funny sight to be down on Kuhio, look up and see one lone curtain flapping in the breeze. The facilities are the Sky Court were fine. This is a budget hotel and so there were not a lot of famcy things to go with it. The bed was comfortable, we had a small refrigerator and a coffee maker. The pool and whirlpool were located downstairs from us but it was not on the ground floor, the pool was frequently crowded with families traveling with their children.

The hotel is very close to the Ala Wai canal. We would watch the rowing teams practice early in the morning.

We were within walking distance of the beach, albeit a little bit of a hike! We were close to the shops, banks and restaturants as well.

The hotel underwent a transfer of new ownership since we stayed and from what I understand it is very nice.

Maile Sky CourtMaile Sky Court

Ohana Maile Sky CourtOhana Maile Sky Court

Ambassador vs Ohana Maile Sky Court

Hi VTers

I have a similar quote for a stay at the Ambassador and Ohana Maile Sky Court, Hawaii

Which would be a better choice for location, price, etc?

Thanks

Erica

RE: RE: Ambassador vs Ohana Maile Sky Court

Ok thanks for the input. Any recommendations? On a budget though. Thanks

RE: RE: Ambassador vs Ohana Maile Sky Court

by Weener

Thanks for the tips. Staying for 8 nights so might look at taking an flight to one of the other islands too. Will be there in May so hopefully not as busy

Cheers, Erica

RE: Ambassador vs Ohana Maile Sky Court

by RogerOma

We stayed at the Maile Sky Court a couple of years ago and the only problem we had with it as far as location is it's about four blocks from the beach. The Ambassador is right across the street from the Sky Court and they are toward the ewa or west end of Waikiki. If you want closer to the beach and should be in the same range there's the Royal Grove it's an older hotel on the Diamond Head end also there is the Queen Kapiolani, Ocean Resort and have seen good reviews for The Waikiki Prince.

RE: Ambassador vs Ohana Maile Sky Court

by ejkano

Maile Sky Court was very clean and the price was right.

Comments