3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

450 Lewers Street, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96815-2436
Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Best Western Coconut Waikiki - an Aqua Boutique hotel

Nicely redone and reasonably priced

by TripAdvisor Member HiloGrl

I've just returned from a week's stay at the Aqua Coconut. It's been refurbished so the lobby and my room were in great condition. The staff was super friendly. Their pool, though small, was good for a quick dip. The hotel is conveniently located off Kuhio, close to the "action" without being subject to the noise of it.

My only complaint is that internet access was not yet installed in the rooms so if that's important to you, you might want to confirm before you book.

Perfect start to our trip of a lifetime...

by TripAdvisor Member daneka83

We stayed at the Aqua Coconut for four nights in June. The construction and refurbishment was just about finished, they were still moving things in and painting but there were no problems or annoyances with that.
The rooms were really good, with really soft comfy beds and huge plasma TV's! The location is a quick walk to the beach and all the fantastic shopping. Its a really safe area we had no hesitation walking around at all hours!
The staff were incredible- an expedia agent within the hotel was really helpful! They recommended good places to eat and shop.
Overall it was fantastic and we would definitely stay here again.

Perfect Chic Hotel!! Loved it!!

by TripAdvisor Member UrbanHI

I was really amazed with the Aqua Coconut. As a resident of Hawaii, I decided to look for a hotel for my birthday that was affordable and also cute and chic, but close to the bars and clubs that my friends wanted to go to. I was really amazed with the Aqua coconut. I have stayed at high end hotels such as the Kahala, Royal Hawaiian and Halekulani, which are all great hotels, but nothing close to the budget I wanted to spend.

The Aqua Coconut was up to par with most high end hotels and a third of the price, they offer a valet service for 22 dollars a day which allows you to park your car and retrieve it 24 hours a day which was great because it's really difficult finding parking in waikiki. They are right on Lewers which is walking distance to some of the best bars and clubs on the island. They have a pool and fitness room with new equipment and computers in the lobby that allow you to access the internet for free 24 hours a day.
The rooms are also not decorated with that cheesy hawaiian fabric and bamboo furniture you'll find in most budget hotels, but with a cute chic and funky vibe worthy of the approval of a top interior designer. I'm glad I found this gem in the middle of the jungle of waikiki hotels. Overall I would absolutely stay here again. The hotel is new and clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. I was impressed and I think all my friends were equally impressed, I will definitely be coming back soon!

Fantastic Customer Service and Knowledge of Oahu

by TripAdvisor Member Anarkis

If you are looking for a hotel directly on the beach this may not be the place for you. If you are looking for a friendly staff, clean establishment, great prices and a hotel located in central Waikiki then this definitely is the place for you. The hotel is located about three blocks from the beach and the walk goes through some of the nicest parts of the downtown area. The hotel is nestled in a quiet location that allows quick recoveries anytime during the day which will allow you to maximize your time in Hawaii. The biggest perk of staying here is that friendly front desk staff. I would have to say all the staff were extremely helpful and customer service orientated. The two biggest stars of this hotel by far are Crystal and Jay. They have amazing knowledge of the islands culture, food and people. We based many of our trip plans directly off their reccomendations and it definitely paid dividends by resulting in fun adventures for my wife and I. The location also has ties to sister hotels that have amentities such as day spa which we took full advantage of. The hotel is newly renovated which gives you many modern comforts such as granite counter tops, pillow top mattresses and 42 inch LCD screen TVs. The only reason why this location was not excellent is the pool is a bit small and they could have provided better use of their front deck area. I would highly reccommend this hotel for the price.

Good but can better

by TripAdvisor Member ioda100

Bed confortable and clean, big flat television, big room, microwave... But wireless internet was not working in guest room, lavatory not well cleaned each days, no parking, only valet parking and very noisy air conditioning (i cut it for the night).

Super stay at ACW

by TripAdvisor Member travelingwidgeway

we were only there a short stay, but the place is great! It has all been renewed.... just terrific! all clean and shiny.. small, but more than adequate, nice pool... staff was very friendly, accommodating and helpful... always asking if we needed anything else... continental breakfast was substantial, not one of those typical meager ones... happily stored our bags, after checkout, while we did some more sightseeing, before our shuttle arrived... very nice place and highly recommend for the $$....

Great Hotel and Great Staff

by TripAdvisor Member divatravelqueen

My husband and 7 year old son and I just spent 14 days at the Coconut Waiki and we have nothing but great things to say about our stay. The Hotel is only 3 blocks to the beach and the walk is great as you get to stroll through the best parts of Waikiki and it is surrounded by all the dining and shops you could ever want. My son and I were able to enjoy long fun filled days at all the beaches while while my husband was working and we were all able to enjoy all the best that Waiki has to offer. The room was great and the colors are vibrant and cheery and the hotel feels very fresh. The staff is top notch even though it is a limited service hotel there is no limit to the great service. I loved the tour concierge that is set up in the lobby. They helped us when the desk was busy. We loved our bed as it was very comfy and our lanai had a beautiful view of the canal and the mountains. We look forward to returning and seeing all the wonderful people that work there who we now feel are more family. Cheers to Alvida, Jamal,Crystal, Mike, Roy, Larissa and all the others that made our stay so great! Thank you.

iwouldn't stay here again

by TripAdvisor Member GolfGrll

the shower blub was out for a few days. toilet never got cleaned, desk lamp had to make it work by giggling it. curtains looked bad. a/c was noisy. they had took two twin beds. to make it look like a king size bed. you could hear street noise. i wouldn't stay here again.

nice place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Artyltraveler

nice place to stay. Worth the money if you can get a good deal on apackage although the valet parking was $4 a day more than we were told. Staff very friendly and helpful but house keeping not up to the standards of this kind of hotel. Continental breakfast a complete let down and we never ate there once which can end up costing you alot on Hawaii.

Hotel in Honolulu?

by rickeyru

My wife and I will be stopping in Honolulu on our way to New Zealand. We arrive around noon on Feb-2nd and don’t leave until 11pm on the 3rd. We would like a moderate price hotel close to the beach and other attractions. We would also like to have a hotel where we can stay on the 2nd and perhaps a day rate for the 3rd. Any suggestions?

by BadDrachenfels

Not sure what you mean by moderate for Honolulu but theMariott Waikiki if reserved on-line can be a decent value and it overlooks the beach.

by trickydick

i would try one of the OHANA hotels. they have several, of differing quality and prices.I stayed at ohana reef towers on lewers. a little dated but good location and comfortable. anywhere in waikiki is 'close' to the beach, 5 blocks or so at the very most from any location
expect to pay 100us or more( or much much more!!!)

by Onedragon

Hi Rickeyru
Hey the hotels I am thinking that might be a good price are all Aston Hotels// First one is Aloha Surf Hotel phone # is 808-923-0222/Second is Waikiki Banyan # 808-922-0555//Third is Coconut Plaza Hotel # is 808-923-8828//Fourth is Coral Reef Hotel 808-922-1262 Also e-mail is astonhotels.com. All these are somewhat close to the beach and also you can ask about 2nd,3rd day rates!!!Maybe they can work something out!!

by MacPac

You're not going to find anything moderate near the beach in Hawaii. You're looking at around 350-400 a night for starters. If you're US Military check out the Hale Koa, that'll be your best rates for Waikiki.

Comments