3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Costs 115% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• derats's Profile Photo

Simply the Best

The Embassy Suites – Waikiki Beach Walk Resort is Hawaii's only all-new, all suite resort and it's just steps away from world-famous Waikiki Beach. This brand new resort features two 21-story towers and offers Hawaiian hospitality in a modern, upscale setting. When you arrive at this ocean resort in Waikiki you will find a visual masterpiece of nature, landscaping, traditional Hawaiian art and architecture,
    Many of our 369 one- and two-bedroom suites feature ocean views and partial ocean views, and all come with the complimentary comforts Embassy Suites Hotels are known for, like a full cooked-to-order breakfast daily and a nightly Manager's Reception.
    It includes an outdoor entertainment plaza, 40 retail shops, six truly outstanding restaurants and many cultural offerings for both kids and adults. Best of all, it's right outside the door of this ocean resort in Waikiki.

Unique Quality: Complimentary high-speed internet
    Complimentary local phone calls
    Complimentary U.S. & Canadian long distance phone calls
    Complimentary in-room safe
    Complimentary daily newspaper
    Daily maid service
    Complimentary Full, Cooked-to-Order Breakfast daily
    Complimentary Evening Manager’s Reception*
    Complimentary 24-hour Business Center – FREE internet use!
    Complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center

More about Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk

Great Place to Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member ellygan

I did a lot of research of where to stay in Oahua. The Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk was a great choice. They have excellent breakfast buffet and its only a block away from the busy waikiki beach. There are a lot of restaurants and shops around. The service is great. There's a 25$ parking fee. Having a car is not really needed unless you want to go around the island. There's the grand island tour which gives you an overview about the island. The area where the hotel is not as noisy as I thought. The room is also spacious. There's free internet and a descent gym. The pool is small and they have free cocktails in the afternoon.

Wonderful hotel hidden on Beachwalk St.

by TripAdvisor Member oishimahi

As a local that lives in Honolulu, going to stay at a "brand new" hotel was something I was totally looking forward to and I am so glad I did. My friends and I stayed at the Embassy Suites Waikiki for just one night, but this memorable stay still wows me until today. Arrived at the Front Desk where you can sit down while you check in and also enjoy a welcome mango mermosa. Jaymar was very nice and handled our check in within 2 minutes, what a service. Our room was sparkling clean and the entire decor just brings out a refreshing feeling. If you have seen other hotel rooms at Waikiki, you will appreciate tons for Embassy's nice job on creating this gorgeous rooms. Needless to say the space was just so spacious than I could imagine. My room was on the 8th floor, but surprisingly I got a nice partial ocean view out of my lanai. Super! Pool was clean and free of chemical smell. The Pakini Bar by the pool is filled with friendly employees and good drinks. In the evening you must not forget to visit the manager's reception because they have nice entertainment, free chips/salsa, and most importantly- free alcohol. There are also a lot of nice retail shops and restaurants on property that you must check it out. I visited Malibu Shirts to look for some surf shorts, and they have got some great stuff there with very friendly staff. Mondo Gelato has the meanest ice cream...gotta have some next time when I am there. How can I stay at Embassy Suites without mentioning their breakfast! The buffet was filled with everything you can ask for. I had a plate full of fruit(small amount), Portuguese sausage, omelet, french toast, and ...so much. Of course we stopped before we reach heart burn levels and checked out of the hotel soon after breakfast. This was by far the best place I have stayed, compared to other hotels I been to in San Francisco, Chicago, or Seattle. I am so glad there is this new spot in town that I can tell all of my friends about. Can't wait to stay there again!!!

Cream puffs that's all they make

by keida84 about Hawaii's Beard Papa

I had heard about these cream puffs prior to coming to the island. Cream puffs...that's all they do here, so when you do something well sometimes it is best to stick with what you know.

Beard Papa Hawaii has 8 locations on the island of Oahu. The one we went to is located on the Waikiki Beach Walk. If you buy 6 you get one free and if you buy 12 you get 3 free. I, on the other hand, bought just one and that was plenty for me. One bit of advice, eat them right away because the pastry puff does not hold up if it is refrigerated. They offer cream puffs in the original vanilla (this is my favorite), chocolate and strawberry. They do have a "flavor of the week" which can be flavors such as coffee, green tea, and even pumpkin. What I liked best was the filling, unbelievable light Bavarian type cream, so light and tasty without being overly sweet.

Tropical Drinks with Umbrellas

by keida84 about Various Bars which serve great drinks

Hawaii is lengendary for its collection of tropical drinks. Since my traveling companion, Kris had never been to Hawaii, it was imperative that we find the best happy hour in Waikiki.

One of our choices was the Sheraton Moana Surfrider Hotel. The oldest hotel in Waikiki, the Sheraton Moana showed definite old Hawaii class while boasting a wicked line of tropical drinks. Located at: 2365 Kalakaua Avenue, Waikiki, Hi

I had a "Bahama Mama" and Kris had "A Day At The Beach", these both were heavy on the rum and pineapple garnishes with paper umbrellas.

The head bartender turned us on to a flavor sensation--Pineapple with some sort of celery salt which looked liked paprika! It enhanced the sweetness of the already fabulous and tasty pineapple. The bartenders are well trained and serve everyone with a joke and a smile (in our case it was a series of belly laughs).

Then you must try the "Cocktail hour seating" 6 to 9:30pm at the Halekulani's famous "House without a Key" beach front area. Note that this hotel is one of the luxury hotels and appropriate attire is "encouraged." They have a delightful drink menu full of tropical drink specialties their bar staff has created over the years. Located at the end of Lewers Street near the Waikiki Beach walk. For cheap drinks and a heavy pour then you must try the Mai Tais at the hotel "Hale Koa" in Waikiki near Fort De Russy. Whoa! These suckers were strong!

Last but not least at the Waikiki Wave's "Big Kahuna" restaurant located on Kuhio Avenue near Royal Hawaiian Avenue is one of the biggest tropical drinks (and no, I did NOT have one) "Da Fish Bowl" If you are a brave soul (with a good liver) you might one to tickle your taste buds with one of these. All I can say is that it scares me!! (see photo)

Wahoo Waikiki

by TripAdvisor Member LisaGoldCoast

We stayed at Embassy Suites recently during a work conference (yes, a conference is Hawaii), and loved it, the location is great with just a short stroll to the beach and located right amongst the new Waikiki Beach Walk. This is a great option if you don't want to lash out on the beachfront properties.

The rooms are lovely and basically brand new, with views to the ocean, depending on where you are located in the two towers. Our room looked over the pool, which was great for people watching, however a little noisy early in the morning when they turned the music around the pool and breakfast area.

We had a laugh about the fact that not many other locations in the world could get away with the decor, still a little 70s, our lounge room chair was covered in fabric printed with pineapples.

The buffet breakfast was great.

Overall would highly recommend the hotel, though once the Trump Tower is built this will block out most of the water veiws from the 2nd tower.

P.S Must try drinks and pupus at the Halakulani's House with out a Key, definitely the high light of our trip, we spent 3 nights there drinking maithais as the sunset!

Very Nice Hotel & staff

by TripAdvisor Member tlnickell63

We were originally booked at another Hilton family hotel under remodel and last minute they were unable to accept guests and they transferred our reservation to the Embassy. Everything went smooth, and we enjoyed our stay. Can't imagine staying anywhere else when we go back.
Oh! and don't miss The Yardhouse Restaurant next door.

Excellent all the way around

by TripAdvisor Member Wendrfl

We always stay at Embassy Suites when we can and this one keeps with the tradition and quality that you come to expect. The concierge and all of the staff were always friendly and helpful. We tried to upgrade to a full ocean view and couldn't but the partial view was still wonderful. You can never miss at Embassy with the full made to order breakfast and daily managers reception. Highly reccomend and was excellent all around.

Great value - Very nice!

by TripAdvisor Member turtledove2033

This stay was extremely nice. Tthe Trump hotel being built next door wasn't a factor. This hotel has two towers. We stayed on the 17th floor on the east side of the Hula Tower. We had no view of the Trump hotel. We had no noise, not even at the pool. We had a great view of the ocean but not ocean front. The sitting room,bedroom, bathroom were spacious. The beds were the absolute best. We stayed 3 nights. The breakfast was fab and free afternoon cocktails with snacks starting at 5:00 or 5:30p.m. BEWARE of the birds IFyou put down your breakfast tray on the table and then go to the beverage counter and leave your table unattended. The birds will eat your food.

No Bang for the Buck

by TripAdvisor Member angelfromashes23

If you are going to Waikiki to see the Beach then do not stay at this hotel! First it is highly priced comparable to others in the area and the rooms are small! They are suites if you can call them that ( more like one room cut into half)!
The pool area is a joke and you can not see the ocean because of the high rises around you (to include directly in front of you, behind you, beside you, etc). Let me explain why the pool area is a joke! It is a pool that is onlyl three foot deep and at the deepest end which is 3 and half foot is a kiddie pool. So if you want to get away from kids because you do not have any forget about it because in the deepest part connected to the pool is the kiddie pool. The pool is also warm, not just warm as in warm but as in bath water warm. They do have a Pakini bar but thought was not put into this business decision either. (Good thing that they have happy hour with free drinks from 5:30 to 7:00 pm). We tried to drink our money's worth for the hotel! There are some decent dining areas if you want to pay 150.00 for two people to eat at.
Military you can stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Villiage for 149.00 per night, while you must pay 189.00 at this hotel and at the Hilton you are right on the beach and there are 5 pools there.
Was sorely dissapointed and will not stay here again! The name is misleading as well as it in not on a beach walk but on a busy street that you must cross and walk a while before you get to the beach. The Service people who checked us in was rude, and they would like for you to sit down while checking in to make it more personal, however, you are herded like cattle to hurry up and move out of the seats quick. No one explains that you must use a key card to get in the elevator to go to your floor. And if you are on the 4th floor and someone from the 24th floor gets their key card in before you do then you miss your floor and you are riding to the 25th floor and back down to pick up passengers as you ride to your floor. The elevators are extremly slow due to this set up. Overpriced and underserviced! No Beach, and all building.

Travel in KY, MO, AR & OK

by RFS1947

I am planning a short road trip from southern Illinois through western Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas and Oklahoma. I have a friend to show me round Little Rock and I plan to stop at Claremont, OK to see Will Rogers's home/museum. What other sites/stops would you recommend and are there good places to stay overnight, especially in Missouri?

by grandmaR

For Kentucky - Louisville, Bardstown (home of Old KY home), perhaps Ft Knox, Mammoth Cave, Bowling Green and then Memphis TN is right in line with Little Rock. We enjoyed a couple of days in Hot Springs also. After Claremore, you can come back through Joplin - maybe stay a couple of days in Branson.

by elwanda

I would recommend you visit Columbus, KY (a very small MS river town) the State Park there where a Civil War Battle was fought. It is interesting, a museum, river views, and the large CHAIN which they used during the war to try & stop travel up/down the river. You could see all in less than 1 hr. but it is well worth your visit/time.

by Ginda

Yes, Branson would be a nice place to stay 2 days/1 night. There are lots of little southern finds (besides LR)in AR - Mt.Magazine, Van Buren train trips, Hot Springs as previously mentioned, etc. If of interest, you may swing by Abe Lincoln's boyhood town Knob Creek,KY.
Enjoy the southern hospitality.

Comments