2199 Kalia Road, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96815-1988, United States

Halekulani Hotel
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 54% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• The best place on Waikiki

Upon arrival to the Halekulani you are greeted at the desk and assigned a staff member to tour you around the hotel and show you to your room. Once the room and all amenities are explained to you, they will check you in at your room desk, one of one. Everything is part of your room stay at Halekulani. There are no additional charges for fitness room, wifi....etc. During your afternoons at the pool, the staff will offer complimentary ice cream to help cool you. Each evening at House-Without-a-Key you will hear Hawaiian music and be treated to Hula by two different former Ms. Hawaii. If you want to step back in time to a level of service that has long since departed other so-called four star establishments, then Halekulani is your place.

Unique Quality: Fine food, entertainment and pool. Excellent spa facilities. Right on Waikiki with a great view of Diamond Head.

• MYOZ's Profile Photo

Best Service I have ever had

Stayed at the Halekulani for 9 nights in April. I spend about 90 days a year travelling Internationally , mainly on business , this was a family holiday and without doubt the service at this hotel I would rate 11 out of 10. It could not have been better. EVERYTHING that the staff did for us was perfect. The attitude, the skills, the desire , was remarkable. We booked a number of excursions in the hotel ( heli ride, hire car, water day, restaurants etc) and all of them were first class. The resort itself was a haven amongst busy Waikiki ...... it was an oasis amongst the madness. The restaurants were great and again if something wasn't on the menu that you wanted they would make it up for you , no questions asked. Rooms were excellent , modern, clean, with great views ... we had interconnecting Ocean View rooms on the 4th floor. This place really was heaven on earth.

Unique Quality: The calmness was refreshing , the views were fine, the dining was for all tastes, the staff were outstanding!

• thinking's Profile Photo

HALEKULANI: AND THE 2,185 Sq ft VERA WANG SUITE

The Halekulani is a nice,understanded 5 star hotel in Wakiki.
    It is terribly expensive, and in my opinion, not really worth the money. I should know, as I have stayed here many times as a guest, and once up to 4 months at kama'iana rates.

But Wakiki is noisey, filled with sirens, and very much like Manhattan in all of its negative aspects. What Honolulu has done during the last ten years is invest monies to make itself into something it is not- an urban chic product set in a tropical setting. It has transformed its real charms into a mass product. And with so many of those now in the globalized world, is one more urban chic city really necessary or profitable?

Unique Quality: My very favorite place from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM is the happy hour at HOUSE WITHOUT A KEY. It is low keyed, understanded, and wonderful. Prices for some things on the menu can be a good value if you stay away from mai tai's and flaming drinks. I stick to Ice tea or fresh squeezed lemon juice.

The Halekulani is taking reservations for its Vera Wang Suite, opening late February 2005. The 2,185-square-foot ocean-view suite was decorated by the designer best known for stylish wedding gowns. The price is between $4000-$5500
    a night depending on whether you want the one bedroom or two bedroom configuration. The suite comes with a butler from 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM, and greetings from the hotel manager, and champagne. For more informaton about the suite, see

The Royal suite is also available for $5000.00. There are no discounts or negotiations on these two suites.

The Diamond Head suite is a one bedroom suite with a view of Diamond Head that can be discounted 20%.

The hotel also plans a $400,000 revamping of its cocktail lounge, Lewers Lounge, with chain draperies and dramatic lighting, the perfect forum for the caipirinhas and flaming drinks that are being created for it by Dale DeGroff, a longtime Rainbow Room bartender in Manhattan turned cocktail consultant. Just how expensive can we make these cheap liquor drinks?

The manager of the hotel as well as Honolulu's economic minister wants to make Honolulu into a "Jazz Destination" so they can increase prices even more. Well that is the goal in capitalism. But who wants to pay for that? Maybe only immature, insecure wannabees who feel compelled to have their identities defined by the advertisers who are helping the corporation make a profit.

Directions: Next to Fort DeRussey.

More about Halekulani

Luxury on Waikiki Beach

by RblWthACoz about Halekulani

Translated "House Without a Key", the Halekulani is the definition of luxury and elegance in Waikiki. There is no nicer hotel. It used to be a 5-diamond hotel until it was downgraded to 4. (I heard it had something to do with the size of their televisions and that there was no day spa at the time) Regardless of that, it is still an excellent example of all a hotel can be. If you can afford it, or want to splurge, it is worth the money. Many other famous celebrities and world figures have felt it was worth their time - including the Sultan of Brunei.

Great Food, Great Hotel

by nyctraveler about Halekulani

Went to the Halekulani in Honolulu recently with a few friends. We decided to check out La Mer after being told it was highest rated restaurant in the air. It certainly lived up to its reputation...it was AMAZING. Highly reccommend to all. La Mer- the only AAA, five diamond restaurant on Oahu. Lives up to all the fuss.

O'ahu's premier luxury hotel

by GlobalMatt about The Halekulani

The Halekulani is one of the greatest hotels in the world according to Conde Nast Traveler - and certainly the most luxurious in Honolulu. I had the great fortune of staying here as part of a familiarization group for work. The comforts and conveniences are unbelievable. If you drop a pen, 5 people will be running up to pick it up for you. I received an average of 3 calls to my room each day asking if I was satisfied with everything and if I needed anything to make my stay more enjoyable. This is THE creme-de-la-creme property on O'ahu!

AAA RELEASES 4 DIAMOND RATINGS IN HAWAII

by thinking

January 11, 2005

AAA releases Four Diamond listings

Fourteen local hotels and 11 restaurants have been designated as 2005 AAA Four Diamond winners, AAA Hawaii said Tuesday.

The announcement came a day after the Halekulani announced that its restaurant La Mer had won an even rarer Five Diamonds once again.

"The AAA Four Diamond designation demonstrates a hotel or restaurant's ability to perform grand and small gestures with superior service and high quality," said Jeff Goldsmith, AAA Hawaii district manager.

Local Four Diamond restaurants (and years on the list):

Pahuia, Four Seasons Hualalai Hotel (5 years).

The Grill, Fairmont Orchid (first year).

Swan Court, Lahaina (16 years).

Sarento's on the Beach, Kihei (second year).

The Banyan Tree, Kapalua (third year).

Spago, Wailea (third year).

Bali by The Sea, Honolulu (16 years).

Orchids, Halekulani (10 years).

Chef Mavro, Honolulu (5 years).

Hoku's, Kahala Mandarin Hotel (third year).

Azul, Kapolei (9 years).

~my dream came true~

by lilbunnygirl about Halekulani

When I was 12, I saw a picture in a magazine ad for a hotel. It featured a woman in a white swimsuit floating in a beautiful blue pool with a giant picture of an orchid on the bottom. I ripped it out and saved it, because it looked so beautiful, and I dreamed someday I would go there and swim in that same pool.

Many years later, my husband made that dream come true. For the second phase of our honeymoon, we spent 4 nights at the Halekulani, right on Waikiki beach, in the middle of everything.

It far surpassed my expectations. The staff was exceptional, and little touches like a welcome fruit basket, "congratulations on your new marriage" cards and seashells on our pillows at night made the stay even more special. The location couldn't be better, we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go.

Both restaurants provided excellent cuisine, and the breakfast buffet was divine.

The spa was not yet open when we were there, but it's meant to be a very nice facility.

Loved the Halekulani

I had the priviledge to stay at the Halekulani with my aunt and cousin at the beginning of April. It was a trip for just us girls and we wanted to stay somewhere very nice. We were so pleased with our stay in the luxury suite, the staff treated us with such warmeth and couldn't do enough for us during our stay. We felt very safe, and always knew that someone was always watching over the grounds. The food was great at the morning buffet and also at Orchids and every waiter/waitress bent over backwards to get what ever we needed. If we are able to come back to Hawaii, this would be the only place I would stay. I would recommend the Halekulani to anyone. It is surely a number 1 in our book.

Tom at HalekulaniTom at Halekulani

Nightlife in Honolulu

by nwemerys

Does anyone know where there are some good, safe spots in Honolulu for my husband and I to go for a cigar and a drink? We have a favorite in Mexico where the cigars are great, the drinks are terrific, and I love to dress sexy and flirt with the staff. We are looking for the same in Honolulu. Any help is appreciated!

by YVRDave

The Kahala Hotel and the Halekulani. Sounds like a nice healthy practice :')

by travelgourmet

Kelly O'Neils on Lewers Street in Waikiki. Nuf said.

by rickdo

No too many smoking places where you can enjoy also a drink.
There is place on Ward Ave. right across Sports Authority.

Rick Do