Hawaiian Seaside Hostel

419 Seaside Avenue, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96815, United States

Hostelworld.com

Satisfaction Average

• Bed bugs!!

They have bed bugs and they are not very proactive in taking care of the problem. All six people in the dorm room where I stayed got multiple bites, all in rows like bed bugs make. I also found bed bug droppings on my sheets (I didn't know what they were until I looked up bed bugs on the internet after I got home). The staff basically ignored our repeated complaints, even acting as if each complaint was the first they had heard about the problem. Finally, after being pressed for days --and after the bites had spread from two beds to all six beds-- the owner of the hostel "inspected" the room for a few hours, putting all of the mattresses and pillows in the middle of the room and (I guess) looking at the bed frames (but not the carpet or the mattresses or pillows). When he was done, he put the mattresses back, left the pillows and some of the sheets in the room, and told the staff that he did not find anything. After that the staff (particularly the male staff) acted as if we had made the whole thing up, repeating incessantly that the owner had not found anything. Bed bugs are tiny and cannot be easily found on black mattresses or on dark carpets (or anywhere else, for that matter, they are so small in most stages of their lives). We all got more bites, and I actually got way more bites after the "inspection" than I had before it --perhaps because in stacking all of the mattresses and pillows together in the middle of the room the owner allowed them to more equally infest each mattress. I would not recommend staying here, not only because of the bugs and the nightmare of possibly bringing them home, but because the staff don't seem to give a crap --they seem far more interested in pretending and trying to convince customers that there are no bed bugs than in actually getting rid of the ones they have. Really disappointing, and also quite frightening, now that I am home and worried about what came home with me.

Unique Quality: Bed bugs.

Directions: Go elsewhere.

• Ahidyn's Profile Photo

Seaside Hawaiian Hostel

I've never stayed at a hostel before, and it was a good experience. The staff is friendly.

Unique Quality: Individual lookers. Clean. For breakfast free coffee, butter, jelly and toast.

Directions: Two blocks walking distance from Waikiki Beach

More about Hawaiian Seaside Hostel

Yucky place

by seoulgirl about Seaside Hawaiian Hostel

We were lucky to find ANY place the day we got there. It was booked in Waikiki/Honolulu, BOOKED. We had a private room that was connect to the girls dorm. My husband had to walk through their bunk room to go outside or use the bathroom. Same thing w/ me when we got moved to the mens dorm, ugh. It was old and rundown. I don't like downtown Waikiki especially after being on the North shore. The buses took forever, much construction, no restaurants, beach was packed...The lady working there is nasty, Judy. Read reviews on this web site. http://www.hostelz.com/display.php/16995+Seaside+Hawaiian+Hostel Cheap for dorm rooms. Place to cook meals.

Comments