Hilton Hawaiian Village

2005

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 24% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• CruisingGoddess's Profile Photo

You never have to leave the resort!

I stayed at Hilton Hawaiian Village (aka HHV) for 1 night after a cruise. Here’s a lesson we learned the hard way: this place is HUGE!! Drive directly to the main lobby building and drop off your luggage before parking in the self-parking lot. They will make sure it gets to your room in the correct building you’ll be staying in. We parked and then dragged our luggage through the entire resort. It was such a pain. We were staying in the Ali’i Tower, which has its own reception desk, so we checked in there. Unfortunately, it was still early and our room wasn’t ready yet so we had the front desk store our luggage.

In addition to sitting on Waikiki Beach, the resort has 5 towers, 5 pools, and 90 shops! We spent the morning just exploring the resort. It is also home to flamingos, penguins, ducks, and koi! We visited all the animal displays, walked around the Super Pool, Oahu’s largest pool, and went shopping. My favorite shops were the Honolulu Cookie Company, Crazy Shirts, ABC Store, and Pearl Factory.

Since we were only staying for one night, I decided to splurge and booked an oceanview king room in the Ali’i Tower, which costs more than the other towers because it has its own private pool, fitness center, reception, and concierge. It was $274/night with AAA discount or $299/night without AAA. The woman at the front desk said that the oceanview room they were going to give us was no longer available because the person that was staying in it got sick and has to stay there longer so she upgraded us…to a one-bedroom suite!!!! I was happy about the upgrade but still wasn’t expecting much. We got to our room, the Aupuni Suite, and thought we had won the lottery! The living room and bedroom were huge and there were 2 bathrooms!! The master bathroom had a shower, full-sized tub, bidet, and toilet. The other bathroom had a shower, toilet, and sink. There were also double sinks in between the 2 bathrooms! It was so spacious! The best thing about the room was the huge lanai (or balcony) and view of Waikiki and Diamond Head! Gorgeous, gorgeous!! I found out that the suite costs $635/night! After having our socks knocked off by the suite, we went back down to the reception and tried to tip the woman who upgraded us but she refused to take our tip. I was very, very impressed.

This was the second hotel I've stayed in the Waikiki area and HHV was definitely nicer, luxurious, and newer but it’s also more expensive. HHV is on one end of Waikiki so it is not a good location if you want to explore Waikiki on foot. The beach in front of the hotel also didn't seem as soft and nice as other parts of Waikiki. There is SO much stuff to do at the resort from the beach to shopping to dining to penguins that you need to devote a day just to see everything there. It is the perfect place if you are looking for a place where you don’t have to leave the resort.

Unique Quality: Huge, sprawling resort with animals, pools, dining, and shops

• Hilton Hawaiian Village ruined my Wedding

We gave my wife's wedding dress to Hilton to steam on the day before our wedding to be ready for our special day. Instead of steaming it, they washed in in the washing machine, ruining it. They offered to get us a new dress and alter it to fit the same as the old. The seamstresses who were supposed to alter the dress were not familiar with wedding dresses and destroyed the new dress as well leaving us with a terribly fitting dress . Hilton agreed to compensate us for the dresses and fly us back to Hawaii to make up for the day they ruined and told us to enjoy the rest of our time on the Islands. Upon returning home, they denied ever making these promises.
    Do not stay at the property and patronize these people that have no integrity and do not make good on promises they make. Do not let them ruin your dream day as well.

Unique Quality: The location is nice

• Yaletown's Profile Photo

We love this hotel

we realy enjoyed staying at this hotel. The beach out front is really nice and good for swimming and the hotel is off the main road a little bit but it is definitely walkable to all the restaurants and night life. If you stay in the Ali'i tower you get a pool that is open only to guests of that tower which is very nice.

• Fantastic Hotel

Wow! What a hotel! We stayed here in the Rainbow tower with a spectacular view of Waikiki beach and Diamond Head. We stayed for about a week in the summer of 2008.

The grounds were wonderful with plenty of wildlife - even penguins!

The pools were great with easy access to the beach.

This hotel met every expectation for our first visit to Hawaii without draining our wallet. While it wasn't cheap, it cost $360 per night, for ocean front, I thought it was reasonable considering what we had.

This hotel would defintely be back on list of places to stay, if we are fortunate to be able to return to Honolulu.

• Marisola's Profile Photo

One of the Best Hotels in Hawaii!

The Hawaiian Hilton Village is one of the best luxury hotels in Hawaii. Sure, it is expensive, but it really is worth it! They have everything you need right here! There is a wonderful relaxing tropical atmosphere with beautiful sculptured gardens and interesting tropical animals, such as fish, flamingos, parrots and even penguins! There are six different swimming pools, ten different restaurants, a wedding chapel, a camp for kids, and shopping of all sorts! It is a great hotel for everyone: newlyweds, couples, young people, and children. I have stayed here twice, and would definitely recommend it again.

Unique Quality: Check out my travelogue for some more great pictures of the Hawaiian Hilton Village.

• Beautiful grounds!

Picked this place off the internet. Never sure if you get what it looks like on the web but it was even better. Great location, great customer service, great everything. Pricey food but everything else was great. Fun stuff for kids and adults. Never felt crowded. Would be nice to have economical option for food, but they aren't far away and gives you a chance to explore the city. Right on the beach. Great views from Rainbow Tower.

• spitball's Profile Photo

"Waikiki's only true resort"

I did not stay at this hotel, but it is open to the general public to wander throughout. Of which I did do, and it looks absolutely beautiful.

Unique Quality: I quote: Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort & Spa is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the perfect mix of exceptional hotel accommodations and classic Hawaiian hospitality. Imagine lush tropical gardens, waterfalls, exotic wildlife and priceless artwork. As Waikiki's only true resort, we offer you the Village Experience; a perfect blend of luxurious accommodations, over 20 restaurants and lounges, shopping, recreational and cultural activities, nightly entertainment and more!
    They offer the perfect mix of exceptional resort accommodations and classic Hawaiian hospitality. With over 90 shops and boutiques and a diverse, international selection of restaurants. The resort's beachfront Super Pool is the largest on the island and on Friday night it becomes the stage for a celebration of Hawaiian culture and entertainment, ending with a spectacular fireworks show!
    Unique "Village" destination resort concept, 5 pools including the Super Pool, and separate pools at Ali'i Tower, featuring concierge and private facilities, Kalia Tower and Lagoon Tower, offering condominium style suites on the beach. Diverse dining options and 22 restaurants and lounges Exotic wildlife and botanical gardens, Romantic seaside sunsets

• calgarykeener's Profile Photo

Beachfront Hotel

This hotel is AMAZING! Very spacious rooms, gorgeous landscaping, and friendly staff. We stayed in the Rainbow Tower which is right on Waikiki Beach. View was spectacular! I suggest asking for an ocean-view room as opposed to city view. You will be in heaven sitting on your hotel balcony, listening to the waves crash as the surfers hit the waves early each morning. Or at night, listening to the music from the luau's, watching fireworks, or just resting after a long day in the sun.

• April1985's Profile Photo

Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa

The Hilton Hawaiian Village was at first sight - beautiful ! Once we got into the room , I saw the beds, and thought, oh wow , this is really nice ... the bathroom was nice as well ... and then ... the balcany had an amazing view of diamond head ... then I had to use the bathroom ... it took me 5 flushes for the TP to flush ! They said they were trying to conserve water ... hmm .. what crappy toilets to do so ... Besides the toiletes not being able to flush TP, the resort was great ! The beds were soft, and I wanted to take the blanket home! I had such a good night sleep, but it was very expensive. The coffee that was in the room, is not free by the way. They look like sample packets, and, it small print right below the basket in which they are filled with, it states that you may only have 1 free packet. The waters as well, are about 6 oz for $4.00. Very expensive, especially because if you go down to the ABC store, you only have to pay $0.99 !!! Anyways, the hotel is very beautiful, and I enjoyed it!

Unique Quality: This resort is filled with Restaurants, Birds, Shops, and penguins ? Yep ! Thats right, Penguins ! They are so cute, especially during feeding time ! But beware, they are very smelly ! There are perches sent up all over for beautiful red and blue birds, I believe they are Macalls ? Not sure if I spelled that correct, but it is very unique to this village. There is a super pool, which is beautful, and much warmer than the Tapa pool. The super pool gets much more sunlight, and the Tapa pool, because of the high buildings surrounding it, do not receive much sun. The vegitation around this village, is what also makes this place magicall. Towering palm tree's wrapped in little white lights, Towering Statues and Bushes make this place fill your mind with amazing great memories u will be able to share with your friends and family forever !

Directions: Reservations:
    Call 1-800-HILTONS or
    Call hotel direct at (808) 949-4321

• Hawaiian Village Experience

Overall the Hilton Hawaiian Village was every thing I was expecting and hoping for. Sort of an Elvisish super city of Lava rock and colored floodlights. Reccomend it highly. All of the minor complaints had to do with the room itself. Here they are. First the Art Deco looking single shower knob was not marked at all with Hot or Cold. It took two days to figure out where to set the knob to get hot water and the search was also compounded by the low flow rate because of conservation efforts. The second complaint was the sheets or lack of on the bed. The hotel used a combination quilt /sheet thing in one which got quite hot in the middle of the night. The last complaint was the TV. It didn`t seem to have many channels on it at all and the channel flicker was malfuctioning causing me to just start watching 10.00 movies at night mostly. Could this be what they were aiming for?!? No I didn`t complain to find out whether it was the controller or the setup itself.
    Now back to the good. THere was massive unadvertised constructuion going on and we were upgraded to a Diamond Head view room because the cheaper Lagoon view was spoiled. I appreciate that. Another thing that impressed me was going down to one of the Lobby Bars. We were able to relax at length, with service being around but not forcing us to order more drinks to pay for the lounge chair. Kudos to staff and management. The few times we tried in house food it was good, hot and arrived quickly. Not the case in many hotels I visit.
    Finally, the grounds were imacculate and impressive. Also, like other posters I enjoyed the extra five minute walk through Ft. De Russey to get to the main drag. Kind of confusing the first time but a pleasant greenbelt there after. All in all a great hote and an ABC store right at the bottom in the shopping arcade made it easy to get what we wanted or needed any time

Unique Quality: THe grounds were of the (Highest Ha! Ha!) quality and made the whole trip great.

• dbadjust's Profile Photo

THis was awesome

This hotel was more like a Disneyland hotel. You really do not need to rent a car if you stay at this hotel complex. They take you anywhere you want. It is a shopping village surrounded by 4 hotel buildings, including dining, shows and activities. I've been twice.

• scrapmo's Profile Photo

Best Place on Waikiki

This hotel is a resort and one of the best on the beach. Restaurants are expensive, but so is everything in Oahu. Great pool area the leads right to the beach. Everything you need is provided--towels, chairs etc.

Unique Quality: Views of Diamond Head are great. Rooms are bigger than most hotels and if you can get into the "Rainbow" tower your view from any room is great.

Directions: On the beach.

• Onedragon's Profile Photo

WAIKIKI HILTON HAWAIIAN

THIS IS ANOTHER GREAT PLACE TO STAY IF YOU WANT TO PAMPER YOURSELF..A LOT TO SEE AND DO..AND A VERY COMFORTABLE PLACE TO BE..ROOMS ARE RELAXING .

Waikiki Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort & Spa is Waikiki's only true resort destination, offering the perfect mix of exceptional resort accommodations and classic Hawaiian hospitality, all nestled on 22 beachfront acres. Imagine the widest stretch of white sand on Waikiki, a serene beachfront lagoon, lush tropical gardens with exotic wildlife and cascading waterfalls, majestic views of Diamond Head and stunning seaside sunsets. Discover 90 shops and boutiques and a diverse, international selection of restaurants. The resort's beachfront Super Pool is the largest on the island, and on Friday night it becomes the stage for a celebration of Hawaiian culture and entertainment, ending with a spectacular Fireworks show! Hilton Hawaiian Village stands as the premier meeting center of the Pacific with more than 150,000 square feet of meeting, convention and outdoor function space. Oahu's most prestigious and productive place to mix business and pleasure.

Unique Quality: VILLAGE NEXT TO THE BEACH

Directions: CORNER OF ALA MOANA AND KALIA ROAD....

• Lacristina's Profile Photo

Hilton Ali'i Tower - Worth Every Penny

I did quite a bit of research before settling on the Ali'i Tower at the HHV - and I'm glad I chose it. No, it isn't cheap, but even at $289 for a partial ocean view ($279 AARP rate) it was good value. The Ali'i comes with a white-gloved doorman, welcoming fruit bowl (including papaya - yum!), kimono style robes and slippers, covered balcony with upscale chairs and table, a marble bathroom with two separate sinks, plasma tv, private swimming pool overlooking the beach (only Ali'i Tower guests) and adjacent private bar and cafe style breakfast area, and just about every amenity and service you could want. The towels and chaise lounges at the Ali'i pool are free, and there were always chairs available no matter what time we showed up. Between 5-7 they offer free h'ors d'oeuvres.

Even the continental breakfast seemed reasonably priced - all the fresh fruit, juice, coffee, toast, scones, bagels, crossants, and jam you could eat, in a beautiful location overlooking the beach, for just $8.

The Hawaiian "village" includes dozens of shops and restaurants, a mini version of the Bishop's Museum, a beautifully landscaped pool, evening entertainment, fireworks on Friday night, access to the beach, gardens, exotic birds, sculptures... Staying at the Ali'i Tower gives you a sense of a private paradise - leaving the bustle of the main village behind. The other hotels I could find with rooms and amenities as nice as the Ali'i cost nearly double the price.

Friends were staying at the Outrigger, so I checked out the rooms there (which cost just a little less than our room at the Ali'i). There was NO comparison! The decor and furniture seemed cheesy compared to the Hilton.

Complaints - a couple of minor ones. Annoying that they charge for internet access, but more annoying that they don't provide a connector. And phone charges: $1 for a local call?

Some people say that the Hilton is a little out of the way - they mean it is a 5-10 minute walk to get to the heart of the Waikiki hotel/retail area. I think that's a plus.

Unique Quality: Private pool, bar and breakfast area at the Ali'i Tower.

Directions: West end of Waikiki Beach, next to Ft. DeRussy

• Sunshine64's Profile Photo

A Nice Place

I stayed at the Hilton using the Hilton Points I earned while travelling on business, so the price was right for me! I stayed in the Lagoon Tower (I think) in a suite, and the only drawback was no TV in the bedroom. However, I believe the entire hotel has been renovated since I visited in 1999.

The pool and beach areas were quite nice, and they have spa services in case you need a massage to help you unwind and enjoy your vacation - which I sure did!

There are plenty of shops on site, and it's also walking distance to the Ala Moana Mall.

More about Hilton Hawaiian Village'

Hilton Hawaiian VillageHilton Hawaiian Village

Hilton Hawaiian Village ResortHilton Hawaiian Village Resort

Christmas at Hilton Hawaiian VillageChristmas at Hilton Hawaiian Village

Hilton Hawaiian Village HotelHilton Hawaiian Village Hotel

Beach Area - Hilton Hawaiian Village

by chabab

I am thinking about staying in this area. Is there any construction going on? If so, approximate location of construction if you know it, please. Thanks.

Re: Beach Area - Hilton Hawaiian Village

by kenstan

There is construction by the Outrigger Reef about 1/2 mile from the Hilton

Re: Beach Area - Hilton Hawaiian Village

by beaches31

Not sure about construction call the hotel they will tell u. We stayed @ the Hilton in Nov. and loved it very beautiful hotel,room was large it is a city within its self. Very nice Hotel but waikiki is too crowed for me I loved Maui.

• May 28, 2014 at 6:33 PM

i am disappointed in the management here and did nothing for me to help me feel better. they would not honor a gift certificate i received, since it was bought in Hawaii it should have been good for 5 years, instead they will only honor it based on Hilton rules. The woman I spoke to barely spoke a word of English so who knows what she told me was correct. I did end up paying the full amount and was not able to use my gift certificates not even a percent of it. There was a hair in my sink and the bed itched bad .. the tapa tower was where they put me. I will never stay here again.