Honolulu Airport Hotel

Satisfaction Average

Costs 45% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• Onedragon's Profile Photo

A PLACE TO STAY

The Ohana Honolulu Airport Hotel ....(808) 836-0661 ..is about a half mile from the Airport and about five to eight miles from both Downtown and Waikiki BUT only about seven minutes from the Arizona Memorial.. You can also check out hotels in the Aiea area which is in that location nearer to the Arizona Memorial and Pearlrige Shopping Center.

Unique Quality: 24 HOUR SHUTTLE TRANSPORTATION........Located adjacent to the Honolulu International Airport, this hotel is great for that one night layover. The hotel features a pool, restaurant, bar and travel desk. A quick five minute drive to most military bases as well as the Arizona Memorial, Aloha Stadium and USS Missouri. Free airport transportation is available 24 hours a day.

Directions: CLOSE TO THE AIRPORT ..ABOUT A HALF MILE ...

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Convenient to the airport

This is a pretty standard but good hotel and is almost on the airport. I might have chosen a more picturesque facility but could not find an available B & B. They have a regular shuttle service to the airport but we rented a car. It was a 5 minute drive to return it which was nice as we had a 9:00 a.m. flight. Breakfast was not included with the room, but they have a very nice restaurant where we had a nice start to the day with good pancakes and experimented with coconut syrup. They have lots of good fresh fruit as well.

More about Honolulu Airport Hotel

Staying near the Airport

by palla about Honolulu Airport Hotel

I was a bit dubious about staying at this hotel after reading an online review.I first went to the Pacific Mariner Hotel,also near the airport.The rooms there were a fraction of the size and offered no amenities,not even a free shuttle to the airport and rooms cost 5$ more.The H.A.H is hardly cheap but it is close to the airport.In season I paid 125$ a night,downtown Waikiki rooms were fully booked and any available ones were at least 180$.The fact that the HA.H is far from downtown makes the chance of getting a room better.My room was very spacious,good bed,table & chairs,T.V.Best was the microwave,mini-fridge and coffemaker.There was also a hair dryer and iron.During my stay the hotel restaurant was closed for dinner.A short walk behind the hotel takes you to a Starbucks,convenience store,Jamba Juice,l&l Drive-Inn and my favorite: Ninja Sushi-gourmet sushi to go.I loved that place!Across the street is the local Byron's Drive-Inn,open 24hrs good basic food cheap.A block further are more restaurants.
What this hotel lacks in decoration & location it makes up for in the friendly staff.I liked that they were helpful but that they also left people alone.A casual non-chalance,if you will. Yes,they have a pool.Free shuttle to & from airport.Laundry facilities.Ice

HONOLULU AIRPORT

This gives...

by pjallittle

HONOLULU AIRPORT

This gives you an overview of the airport layout. As airports go, this is a rather nice airport which has some large open ramps which allow passengers who are awaiting a flight home to go and have a cigarette. There are many shops within, some duty free and others which allow for last minute souvenirs, including shipment of fruit.

HOT SPOTS FOR A FEE

by thinking

BORDERS at 1200 AlaMoana Blvd (Ward Center)
you can get a free day pass by asking for the free T-Mobile Handout Advert at the cash register.

MacDonald's and Kino's offer it also as does Barnes and Noble at Kahala Mall

Honolulu Airport

nightmare on hell street

by TripAdvisor Member tadaHoodRiver

We thought this might be a good rest stop financially and the pictures and reviews seemed ok. We planned 2 nights and they were the worst-like another guest we had made reservations in the spring and had confirmation # etc..When upon arrival we were treated like crap and the front desk was very condesending.They could not find anything that stated that we had paid only that we held a reservation. After hours of getting everything straightened out we finally made it to our room. It seemed bearable (though I did buy my own blanket in town for fear of what wasn't washed) and then to our lovely surprise at 4am we had a call wanting to know if we wanted our luggage cart-we werent checking out nor had we even wanted one-so much for sleeping in. Then later in the day while a "do not disturb" sign was on the door a maid walked into our anniversary or should I say our Birthday suits-nice way to be treated. As if it couldn't get any worse later that evening our key cards wouldn't work and we stood in line for an hour,no fault of our own-they were just trying to charge us for the following night (and we weren't even going to stay there),and our card wouldn't work so they needed to flag our room. Once they figured out their error we were able to get to our musty smelling room. Once the morning came we got up and left as quick as possible for fear that something worse could happen. The new renovation-if there was any was not impressive. We would have gone somewhere else in a heart beat had there been something right near the airport. we will never ever stay here again nor do I recommend this hotel to anyone-just stay in Waikiki if you need to be close to the airport that is your only hope of having a somewhat decent night. may I suggest you pay a few dollars more to stay anywhere but here. It was truly a nightmare start to a ten year anniversary.

Several overnight stays...

by TripAdvisor Member ILeftHome4This

My husband and I stayed overnight several years back (2004) and we were given a nice room near the front. We were delighted with the room - cleanliness, comfortable, etc.
However on my next return (2005?) - my daughter and son-inlaw made the reservations and were given a grungy room in the back area of the hotel. This area was not appealing because the "neighborhood" looked "ghetto". I wasn't pleased. Maybe this area is for "kamaaina rates"? I don't know, but don't go in the back area. My husband stayed overnight with his buddies in 2005 also, and reported to me that he had a "nice room". Well, I am planning an overnighter there again, and hoping that with the "renovations" done, maybe I will be getting one of those nice rooms in the front. I do agree that the front desk personnel need to show more of the "Aloha Spirit" and a caring attitude. It sure helps us weary travelers!

Dissapointment in paradise

by TripAdvisor Member CU4NO

Horrible night in paradise. My wife and I stayed there one night. I had reserved a king size bed room. Upon check in we received a queen bed room on the first floor of the main building. The noise of children running up and down the hall and the bed size prompted me to go to the front desk and request another room. They were reluctant as they said there was not much available. This was false as we were given a room in the rear building 4th floor. Upon entering we found the bathroom fan broken in the on position and extremely noisy. A call to the front desk got us changed to another room on the 3rd floor. Same problem. I again called and we got switched to different room on the 3rd floor. This roon was OK except for a blood stain of about 4" X 1 foot in the center of the carpet. We called the front desk for an additional sheet to put over the bed blanket , as the blanket did not look clean, and were told it would be sent right up. 1/2 hour later we called again and were told that it would be coming soon. It arrived shortly thereafter.

Service, quality of room and willingness of staff to help was very lacking. The only bright side was that the breakfast wes very good and the staff in the restaurant were nice.

I give the restaurant a good rating and the hotel in general, I will never return!

Good choice for stay while flying thorugh Honolulu to other islands

by TripAdvisor Member paraclyte

Excellent for what I was wanting and expected. We flew into Honolulu late and only stayed the one night on our way to the other islands. The area is not scenic!!! But, I was just needing a place to sleep before I flew out in the morning.

Be sure and check their website for special rates. The hotel has been remodeled in the last year, and it is fine for an overnight stay as you are entering or leaving Hawaii. The room was comfortable and the staff was very friendly. I have no complaints.

The breakfast was included in the special price, and it was very good. There is a free shuttle that runs every half hour between the hotel and the airport.

This was the second time I stayed at the Ohana while flying through Honolulu to the other islands. I will do it again. NOTE: for the first time visitor to Hawaii, the traffic in Honolulu is BUSY. If you are staying in Honolulu for one night because you are heading to the other islands, STAY HERE. If you go to Waikiki hotels, you may be part of a huge traffic jam to get back to the airport if it is during rush hour in the morning.

Good for an early flight -- otherwise, stay elsewhere

by TripAdvisor Member SkyeTraveler

This hotel is about a half mile to the airport, and there is a free shuttle that runs every half hour. They picked us up when we arrived, which saved us having to take a taxi.

Having an early flight is the only reason to stay in this hotel; it's functional at best. However, be warned that during the busy season (e.g., Christmas to New Year) the shuttle service gets overwhelmed. My partner had to take a 7:30 a.m. flight, and when he got to the lobby, there were way too many people to fit in the 6:00 a.m. shuttle (there's only one). The staff said the shuttle would come back for the rest of the passengers. But he decided to grab a taxi instead (again, there's usually only one waiting outside) and shared it with a couple of other passengers.

I would suggest leaving plenty of time if you take the early morning shuttle, at least during busy times. The problem seems to diminish during the afternoon. I took the 2:00 p.m. shuttle later that day and was the only passenger.

Honolulu AirportHonolulu Airport

travel by bus from Honolulu airport to halwiwa

by sammykai999

route and bus schedule

RE: travel by bus from Honolulu airport to halwiwa

by RogerOma

Here's the link to their site http://www.thebus.org/ you can get the whole schedule and rules about luggage. It either fits on your lap or under the seat and only one bag.

RE: RE: travel by bus from Honolulu airport to halwiwa

by YVRDave

.....and, You are welcome

Re: travel by bus from Honolulu airport to halwiwa

by Onedragon

Sam
The best way to get to the North Shore..Haleiwa.... from the Airport is... take the 19 or 20 bus that is GOING TO WAIKIKI.. cause there are other 19 or 20s that go the other way.. Then ask the driver to let you off at the BUS STOP near COLOR TYME store!! then across the street or Highway is another BUS STOP ...and there you can ride the #52 BUS (Circle Island)...to Haleiwa.... : )

Comments