Hotel Renew Honolulu

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

129 Paoakalani Avenue, (formerly Aqua Ocean Tower Hotel), Honolulu, Hawaii, 96815, United States
Hotel Renew by Aston
Booking.com Hotels.com AstonHotels.com

Costs 45% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Hotel Renew Honolulu

FREE WIRELESS IN WAIKIKI

Hi Robert
This is one of the Aqua hotels that has free wire less ....: I think Aqua has at least two hotels with free wireless connection ...name is Hotel Renew
P: 808-687-7700 F: 808-687-7701 SMILES

Amazing find!!!

by apbeaches about Ocean Tower Hotel

We stayed at the Ocean Tower Hotel on Waikiki Beach before and after our NCL Pride of Aloha cruise. Prior to the cruise we stayed in a room on the 7th floor with a terrace and a view of the beach. Although the room was dated, it was very clean, and we felt very safe, the location was perfect & the room comfortably met our needs. Although the hot water shower knob didn’t work well, a maintenance man responded and replaced almost immediately.

Upon our return to Waikiki we stayed in a newly renovated room on the second floor. This boutique room was beautifully designed & detailed. The modern marble bathroom, ultra comfy bed, large plasma television, modern touch pad light & a/c controls, & over sized plush towels were an absolute pleasure.

We were impressed with the ideal location minutes from Waikiki Beach, shops, restaurants & entertainment. Lenor introduced us to the designer, Aqua Management, & friendly guests over breakfast; wonderful coffee, fresh delish pastries & pineapple juice every morning. However, it was truly Lenor Wong & her staff that made our vacation! As far as we’re concerned Lenor should be teaching Customer Service!

• The champagne & chocolates in celebration of our anniversary were very special and appreciated!
• We were given a discount book providing 50% off amazing restaurants & Lenor made excellent recommendations.
• Prior to leaving for Diamond Head, Lenor asked my shoe size and gave me a beautiful heavy duty pair of climbing sneakers that matched my clothing. Thanks Lenor, the sneakers are great!
• We were provided with a late check out, hospitality room that was invaluable!
• Lenor created beautiful lei’s that surprisingly coordinated perfectly with our clothing upon checkout, thanks! We were both beyond impressed!

The highest rating is a 5 and Lenor Wong deserves a much higher rating! The Ocean Towel Hotel was beyond our expectations during both of our stays! We can’t say enough nor rate our experiences more highly. 1. Lenor Wong & her staff should be teaching customer service. She could not have made our trip any more special or memorable, THANKS!

2. Comfortable & beautiful new rooms

3. Location, location & location

4 - 100,000. Lenor, Lenor, & Lenor ...

Close To The Beach.. and now My Heart - Ocean Tower Resort

by TripAdvisor Member jenebean

We have just returned from 10 days at the Aqua Ocean Tower Resort in Waikiki Beach, HI. While this hotel would not be your choice if you are looking for luxury, it is extremely clean and the staff was so friendly and helpful that we considered them friends upon our departure. There were 3 of us - we stayed in a room with 2 double beds, and had more than enough room for our stay.
The location of this hotel is KEY! It is only 1 block from the beach, as well as most trolley and bus stops. It is within walking distance of the Honolulu Zoo, Aquarium and many of the shopping plazas and restaurants. We never even had the need to rent a car!!
They are currently in the process of renovating their rooms. Even when you were in the room during the day, you did NOT hear the renovations being done on the other floors. Renovations on all floors are to be done in June 2007. We had the opportunity to take a look at a couple of the finished rooms. The new rooms are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! You feel more like you are in your bedroom at home than in a hotel.
While this was certainly not the most lavish hotel that I have ever stayed in, it was quite possibly among the best hotel experiences that I have ever had. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family for any trips that they plan to Oahu.

Five Star Service at an Affordable Price

by TripAdvisor Member TXSeaWarrior

This is the second time we stayed at the Aqua Ocean Tower Hotel within the past year and quite frankly we would not recommend staying anywhere else in Honolulu. The service was five star and it came at an affordable price. The staff from the general manager, to the head of housekeeping, to the housekeeping staff, to security, to the front desk were all very friendly, competent, and responsive. They made you feel like family.

While the newly rennovated rooms are really going to be something (having viewed the models that were just completed prior to our last stay), I am just afraid that the secret will get out and this great niche hotel will be tough to get a reservation at. Even the older rooms while being dated, were very clean and comfortable. The hotel is located one half block off Waikki Beach and is convenient to a number of fine attractions and restaurants. Self parking just a half a block away was very reasonable.

Lets face it, while in Hawaii, you really don't want to spend all your time and money in your hotel room, so do the next best thing by staying this hotel. If you need anything, do not hesiate to ask. The staff just could not do enough for you.

Great Value and Excellent Staff

by TripAdvisor Member naclhho

We were pleasantly surprised by the excellent quality of the Ocean Tower Hotel. All of the hotel staff, from the manager to all of the maids, made us feel special and treated us as if we were family.

Our room included a refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot with coffee, iron /ironing board, TV, and a hanging closet at no extra charge. The bathroom includes a full size tub/shower combination with plenty of hot water any time of the day or night. The room was spotlessly cleaned everyday and supplied with fresh linens and towels.

Every morning we were treated to a delicious continental breakfast in the lobby area, which was constantly attended to.

Be sure to check out this hotel. You will find the hotel manager, Terry, the housekeeping manager, Leonor, and all of the staff will go above and beyond your expectations to make you feel like one of their family. We definitely recommend the Ocean Tower Hotel. Their rates are right and the hotel is less than a block from Waikiki Beach. Enjoy!

Best place to stay on Waikiki Beach

by TripAdvisor Member alexizsf

When my wife Lisa and I think back on our 2006 Hawaii vacation, many good times come to mind. One of the major contributions that shed light on our vacation was staying at the deluxe Ocean Tower Hotel in Waikiki. Ocean Tower not only treated us like family, but in addition made every one of our requests come true. We truly felt like royalty in a grand palace. Ocean Tower Hotel had unbelievable customer service, all the way from their concierges to the bartenders. Our stay at this hotel was one of a kind because everything was clean and sanitary, and we felt welcome to the point where we jokingly call it our “second home” now. A truly special person that contributed to our exceptional stay in Hawaii was Leonor Wong, who is the executive house keeper at the hotel. Leonor took care of our every need and made our trip to Hawaii one to remember!!! We would like to thank the staff at Ocean Tower for making our dreams a reality and embrace the quality of this hotel for their Utopia style treatment towards their guests.
Thank you very much.
Alex & Lisa Gershfang

Good deal for the price

by TripAdvisor Member juniorfish

The Ocean Tower was less expensive than other hotels in the immediate vacinity. While the place is not fancy and shows a little wear in the corners (remodelling underway), it has all the basics, is clean and very convenient (less than a block) to the beach. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast is not much but what do expect for free? The only serious shortcoming is very limited parking but the staff will direct you to a parking garage one block away with come-and-go parking for $8.00/24hrs. I would happily stay there again.

Best experience so far

by TripAdvisor Member brewzey

This hotel is nice and once remodeling is finished absolutely beautiful!! Its in a great location. You can walk to just about everything and if not you are close to free trolleys and the bus. They are the friendliest staff. Make you feel very welcome as if they know you. And will go out of their way to please you. I highly recommend this hotel!!

Best Hotel in Waikiki

by TripAdvisor Member jonandjulie

Absolutely fantastic hotel and they are upgrading to boot! We were booked for another hotel down the street and they didn't have a king size bed so we had Expedia transfer us to Ocean Tower since we had stayed there last year. We were met with open arms and felt so welcome! The housekeeping manager, Leonor, was so friendly and made us feel like royalty! We are definitely booking all our future trips with them! Everyone should do the same and make sure to say hi to Leonor and tell her Jon and Julie sent you.

Would always recommend

by TripAdvisor Member Vancouverites604

Excellent location, very friendly and helpful staff, our room was very clean and comfortable, (fridge, safe and internet access, and complimentary breakfast), the hotel manager was very nice and helpfull - all in all, I strongly recommend the hotel.

Taxi passes us by at the airportTaxi passes us by at the airport

Photo from the planePhoto from the plane

City around the mountain flanksCity around the mountain flanks

some cool music art on the wallsome cool music art on the wall

Free Wireless Cafes in Waikiki?

by rmdw

Does anyone know where some free wireless cafes in Waikiki might be?

Robert

by travelgourmet

I know that the lobby cafe in the Kalia Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village has free wireless. There is a website that says they know where they are, but I would verify befor going to one of the locations. Website: www.openwifispots.com
Type in Waikiki, HI in the search box on the right top of the page. Aloha

by Hopkid

Hey Robert, here's another site that I've used to find wifi in cities I'm not familiar with:

by YVRDave

I though Starbucks had free wifi but, like you I rarely get to one

Andy, Larry: Mahalo!

Dave, the wireless at Starbucks is run by T-Mobile. Unless things have changed, you do have to pay, unless you're a T-Mobile customer with the appropriate account.

Sunny & warm, gents, sunny & warm!!

Robert

Hi
P: 808-687-7700 F: 808-687-7701

by rmdw

We're in one of them ... but the wireless signal is worse than pathetic!

Hi Robert
P: 808-687-7700 F: 808-687-7701

Ocean Tower Hotel

by Kazmarron

Has anyone stayed the Ocean Tower Hotel at Waikiki before? I will visit Honolulu for my friend wedding pary which will ne held at the Ocean Tower Hotel. I know only its location and rates but not room or service etc. Please give me any information about the hotel. If there are any good reasonable hotels near the Ocean Tower, please let me know.
Thank you for your help in advance!

RE: Ocean Tower Hotel

by tracys2cents

budget hotel, clean, a block from the beach (good location ), nothing fancy, no water views from the room.

Queen Kapiolani is a hotel nearby with good internet special rates...www.queenkapiolani.com Not nicer or any cleaner than Ocean Tower but some rooms at least have ocean view.

RE: RE: Ocean Tower Hotel

by Kazmarron

Thank you for the information. Does Ocean Tower Hotel not have any ocean view rooms? I checked their room rate of the moderate room with ocean view. Anyway, I will check the hotel which you recommended. Thank you!!

Comments